PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Buys

Pike
12-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Are you good at controlling the urge to buy something when it's cheap?

I'm pretty bad at it. Especially when it comes to things like Steam sales. :( This is probably why I'm broke all the time.

Chris
12-31-2012, 12:51 AM
No, I don't know how many items I've wanted to cancel, but couldn't, on Amazon. I think I must be banned from Amazon. :upsidedow

I'm terrible. If there is something I want, I buy it. Luckily, you have some time to cancel an order on Amazon, but not on eBay. Must've wasted so much money.

Jinx
12-31-2012, 12:51 AM
I spent $750 in 8 days. You tell me.

Can't resist this Hickory Farms. :(

I will give myself credit here: I never spend more than what I have. I always save enough money to get me by.

Denmark
12-31-2012, 12:55 AM
i like to get things! but i don't really do it all that often. i'll buy a bunch of things all at once and then not buy anything for another 6 months or something.

Jowy
12-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Sometimes I buy a candy bar at the checkout in the grocery store, but other than that I'm rather conservative with my money.

Slothy
12-31-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm normally fine so long as I don't see someone in my Steam friends list playing a game I want that's only $5.

~*~Celes~*~
12-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Relying on one paycheck for 3 1/2 months has curbed my desire to buy things. I have a feeling once we're back on our feet again we'll resume our once a month spending day ritual where we just spend the day going shopping with a limit for both of us (and we don't spend more than we can afford) and after that day is over, spending on ourselves is over until next month :D

Futan
12-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Steam sales are about all that get me. :x Been good the passed 2 though. XD

Aulayna
12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Money burns a hole in my pocket if I have too much of it. But when I'm budgeting I'm very controlled.

fire_of_avalon
12-31-2012, 02:34 AM
The only luxury I really buy is internet service, tbh. Too broke to do much impulse buying.

But sometimes I get to have candy. And sometimes I get to buy something girly like perfume.

Madame Adequate
12-31-2012, 05:12 AM
I'm helpless in the face of cheap videogames. Anything else I can resist without trouble, but videogames for much less than the price at release? Not a chance.

Pumpkin
12-31-2012, 05:26 AM
If I have extra money I will impulse buy, if I don't I won't.

Raistlin
12-31-2012, 05:55 AM
I generally don't impulse buy, and am pretty frugal with my money. On those rare occasions where I do let myself go, I can spend a lot very quickly.

Shorty
12-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Now that I think of it, I don't do much impulse buying. When I want to buy something, I spend ages decidiing over which pair or shoes or which gizmo or gadget I want to get from etsy, etc. Takes me a long time :(

Bubba
12-31-2012, 02:42 PM
I never purchase items that a store has placed strategically at a checkout counter. I won't allow myself to be enticed... even if it's something I really need. That would mean they have won.

I would rather nobody won... not even me.

Cuchulainn
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
I bought a bounty bar once, never ate it. I hate coconut, no idea what i was thinking. I was mad at myself for a good month or so. complete waste of money.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I cruise websites looking for stuff for my RX7 (http://www.tein.com/products/flex.html), or crap for my Miata (http://www.gomiata.com/osgimisulsd.html) that I'll probably never have the chance to buy.

I wind up drooling and wishing.

The only thing I'm struggling with now is that I bought a PSP as a Christmas present for shion, and now I'm struggling not to buy every RPG I see. Damn you Aksys, Atlus, NIS, and Squeenix!

Araciel
12-31-2012, 11:20 PM
The only luxury I really buy is internet service, tbh.

WTF?!

I spend like money is a flesh eating parasite that I need to get rid of.

NorthernChaosGod
12-31-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm generally pretty good about buying things after careful consideration. Rarely I just see things and want them though. :(