PDA

View Full Version : septum piercings on females.

Jowy
01-01-2013, 01:24 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Chris
01-01-2013, 01:34 AM
People make people beautiful, piercings do not.

NorthernChaosGod
01-01-2013, 01:54 AM
An attractive girl can still be attractive with a bullring, but not because of a bullring.

Jinx
01-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Never. If you're a girl who gets a septum...just, no.

Basically you're saying to the world you either a.) want to pound another girl with a strap-on or b.) be pounded by another girl with a strap-on.

And I mean, if that's what you want to convey, by all means. But you look like a dyke.

Madame Adequate
01-01-2013, 02:08 AM
So you're saying you're getting a septum piercing, Sam?

They're like any piercing; they can look good, or they can not look good. Case in point Zeldy's piercing looks hot as hell.

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm not particularly into piercings at the best of times, but for me Septum piercings are probably one of the worse. It just doesn't agree with me.

Not to say that anyone who gets a septum piercing is a lesbian, that's abit of a generalisation there Sam!

Pike
01-01-2013, 02:12 AM
http://www.oblivion-power.de/files/oblivionpower/loesung/tiber-septim.jpg

...nope, don't see any piercings on him.

blackmage_nuke
01-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Im ok with piercings as long as theyre not on orifices where I wish to stick my genitals. Otherwise I cringe at the sight

Jinx
01-01-2013, 02:20 AM

I didn't realize you and kotora were girls ;D

Tigmafuzz
01-01-2013, 02:29 AM
It's pretty hot. I end up hating most people I get to know who have piercings like that, and it looks really trashy, but goddamn it does its job of making you look twice.

They're like any piercing; they can look good, or they can not look good. Case in point Zeldy's piercing looks hot as hell.

Also,

...Wait, what? I may be missing the point of your retort, but how does that even follow? I'm pretty sure he was calling you a lesbian.

Faris
01-01-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm not attracted to girls, so frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Bunny
01-01-2013, 03:12 AM
They're really useful because you can tie string around them and lead the girl around like a puppy.

Jowy
01-01-2013, 03:35 AM
They're really useful because you can tie string around them and lead the girl around like a puppy.

A belt around the neck can do the same thing. Or a collar...

Bunny
01-01-2013, 04:05 AM
I tried that once and a couple women started yelling mean slurs and calling me a sexist pig and all that.

Dunno what kinda bug crawled up their vagina but whatever.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-01-2013, 05:47 AM
Also,

...Wait, what? I may be missing the point of your retort, but how does that even follow? I'm pretty sure he was calling you a lesbian.

The point/retort is that she wants to peg them both with a strap-on.

Araciel
01-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Eh

no thanks.

Shlup
01-01-2013, 08:31 AM
I think it can look cute sometimes. My sister had one and I liked it.

Mirage
01-01-2013, 10:40 AM
No. And it looks terrible on guys too.

I don't even hate piercings, I just don't like that kind at all. Pierce your lips, ears, eyebrow-thingie or whatever, that's all cool and looks all right. Actually, I don't even mind nose piercings as long as they aren't rings.

Psychotic
01-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I kind of have an urge deep down inside of me to yank on them.

Shorty
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Never. If you're a girl who gets a septum...just, no.

Basically you're saying to the world you either a.) want to pound another girl with a strap-on or b.) be pounded by another girl with a strap-on.

And I mean, if that's what you want to convey, by all means. But you look like a dyke.

I find this pretty offensive and I think that you should refrain from using phrasing like this to express your distaste for other peoples' preferences.

I'd get one.

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I like them, let people express themselves with piercings if they so desire. Zeldy's is way hot.
I do think they're for a certain type of person, like a guess a rocky kind of person, it's not my style personally. I'd love a nose piercing though, not the septum though. I think like most body modification, it can make you look beautiful and more like the style of person that you are. I mean for example;

HOT
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/085e6445955138fbbf74bf38ddd80918/l.jpg

She suits is because she wears that kind of look.

Scarlet Johannson totally rocks it.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QyLsr7mmOMg/S6-oNkqb9eI/AAAAAAAAAMY/WdzeuIE1XWg/s1600/septum.jpg

kotora
01-01-2013, 12:57 PM
I take issue with the whole X (usually piercings/tattoos/whatever) looks Y on females thing. It seems to be a topic discussion that is particularily gender marked.

Jinx
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I was definitely drunk and having a weird night when I posted my first post. Not an excuse, just an explanation. I apologize to everyone and call myself a twat.

To clean my post up a bit: I don't think facial piercings are flattering on anyone. As someone who has had two facial piercings (I'd consider a tongue ring a facial piercing? I guess. And a nose ring) I just honestly hate any kind of facial piercing.

Unlike tattoos (which are still pretty trashy. And have 3 of them, and potentially want more) people don't get facial piercings for a reason on than "they look cool." And I understand it's your body, so of course you're entitled to do whatever you want with it. But your clothes, your hair, etc is all the message you want to convey to the world. And people will see that.*

*I am not talking about just the rocker culture or whatever it's called these days. I'm talking about anyone, myself included.

Mirage
01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I take issue with the whole X (usually piercings/tattoos/whatever) looks Y on females thing. It seems to be a topic discussion that is particularily gender marked.

Dicks look bad on females.

Cuchulainn
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Lighten up you sanctimonious bell end.

I seen Zeldy's and she looks good. Is it because of the piercing? Duno. I think she looks good either way

escobert
01-01-2013, 02:47 PM
An attractive girl can still be attractive with a bullring, but not because of a bullring.

Ouch!
01-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Personally, it's an instant turn-off for me, mostly because I find it incredibly distracting. More so than just about any other piercing.

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I was definitely drunk and having a weird night when I posted my first post. Not an excuse, just an explanation. I apologize to everyone and call myself a twat.

Don't worry about it Sam. :)

Moving on swiftly, I'm sort of of the opinion that really all sorts of piercings and tattoos suit certain people. Septum piercings are definitely more niche and literally a handful of people I'd say would come anywhere close to looking "decent", let alone attractive with a septum piercing.

On the other hand, other types of piercings like petite nose piercings can be quite nice, as can ear piercings and other, shall we say, "entry level" piercings. Probably the worst type of piercing I know about is a penile piercing. Now that is arguably worse than septum piercings.

Shiny
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I personally don't like them but to each his own.

The Man
01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Septum piercings look way more painful than most other types of piercings and I find it incredibly distracting :<

Madame Adequate
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM

Get a load of THIS guy!

Tigmafuzz
01-02-2013, 04:43 AM

BUT WHAT IF THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL ON THE INSIDE

Mercen-X
01-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Not in that pic she doesn't. Sorry. And how do those cheek piercings even work? You have to take them out to sanitize. How do you put them in and how do you not scratch your teeth or tongue on that part inside?

Dicks look bad on females.Double entendre. Or are you dissing the futanaris? I personally take issue with the idea of a futanari with a huge endowment, but it's my understanding that in general most hermies are average if not below average. If I found out while dating a girl that she had this, I would concentrate on how I felt toward her before the news and use that as the basis for whether I wanted to carry on with her. On the other hand, if she really were "big", I'd instantly freakout and runaway.

Back on topic: I don't think people should get septum piercings, bellybutton piercings, genital piercings, nasal piercings beyond the alar, drop/hoop earrings. Yep. I don't leave people a lot of options. FYI, my cousin (the one I had a crush on) has a bellybutton piercing. It's cute I guess, but I just find myself wondering how she doesn't get hurt. I know she likes to lie on her stomach.

Jinx
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Mercen-X, you seem to be under the impression that piercings snag all the time or something. They really don't. You don't even feel them.

Also, I doubt someone with cheek piercings has to take them out to "sanitize."

Jowy
01-03-2013, 10:16 PM

Correct! A shot glass with sea-salt water and tech-nine will take care of that. :aimsun:

Jinx
01-03-2013, 10:19 PM

Correct! A shot glass with sea-salt water and tech-nine will take care of that. :aimsun:

Dude, unless the piercing is brand new, you don't need to sanitize it.

Jowy
01-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Still recommended though what with dead skin cells growing around piercings and all.

Mercen-X
01-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Well, anyway, it's at least a certainty that anyone with cheek piercings doesn't have a job that bans facial piercings. 'Cause I still don't see how one'd take them out for their job and then put them back in.

Jowy
01-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Just use clear retainers.

Quindiana Jones
01-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Fortunately, civilised countries have laws against discrimination based on appearance. :roll2

Jowy
01-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Fortunately, civilised countries have laws against discrimination <s>based on appearance.</s> :roll2

I fixed that for you.

Jinx
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Well, anyway, it's at least a certainty that anyone with cheek piercings doesn't have a job that bans facial piercings. 'Cause I still don't see how one'd take them out for their job and then put them back in.

It's possible they could just take them out, then put them back in later? As long as the hole is properly healed, it won't grow over in a matter of hours.

krissy
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
women should pierce whatever they want to
its their bodies
they should be able to pierce the fetus if they want to
have it come out a little punk rocker

Jowy
01-03-2013, 10:41 PM

It's possible they could just take them out, then put them back in later? As long as the hole is properly healed, it won't grow over in a matter of hours.

I thought the same when I had my lip pierced for three months. I had it out for thirty minutes and it closed up.

NorthernChaosGod
01-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Fortunately, civilised countries have laws against discrimination based on appearance. :roll2

Looking professional isn't a thing elsewhere? :confused:

Shorty
01-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Consistent sanitization isn't just for when they're brand new. Cheek piercings can possibly take up to a full year, sometimes two, to heal and sanitization needs to be done during the entire healing process.

I'd get dimple piercings as well but I don't think Rantz will let me have any :(

Jinx
01-03-2013, 11:21 PM

I thought the same when I had my lip pierced for three months. I had it out for thirty minutes and it closed up.

Huh, I guess it just depends on how long you've hand it, and where it is.

Raistlin
01-03-2013, 11:29 PM
No way. I do not understand the fascination with piercings in general, and too many in too conspicuous of places (as in, not on the ear) is just distracting.

Jinx
01-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Consistent sanitization isn't just for when they're brand new. Cheek piercings can possibly take up to a full year, sometimes two, to heal and sanitization needs to be done during the entire healing process.

I'd get dimple piercings as well but I don't think Rantz will let me have any :(

That's what I meant. During the entire healing process, not literally just for a week or something.

Rocket Edge
01-03-2013, 11:41 PM
@Lockhearted - Those two women look just fine without those piercings.

I sometimes wonder why women actually get piercings such as the one in discussion. Do they do it because they genuinely think they look good, or do they get them because they think "I be so much cooler with that"?

I have major doubts about the first but if that's what they think then more power to them, but if its the second, all I can say from my point of view is, they do not look cool at all.

krissy
01-03-2013, 11:46 PM
yeah that's the extent on girls decisions on piercings, it is either for looks or for coolness, they don't think above those terms really
smaller brains etc

Clo
01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
what the smurf

one of the sexiest women I have EVER personally known and befriended had a bullring. I loved it.

Mercen-X
01-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Small brain? Nah, I'm razzing. Seriously, though, people are sexy despite piercings not because of them. If you're considered ugly before, there ain't a damned thing a piercing can lend to make you hot suddenly. Same for tattoos. Since it's not social norm, it's still seen as an act of rebellion which can be considered cool (and I guess that can translate as hot to some) by those who share your mindset. Getting the alar pierced is gradually becoming normal assuming your piercing is a stud and not a hoop.

Madame Adequate
01-04-2013, 07:40 AM
No way. I do not understand the fascination with piercings in general, and too many in too conspicuous of places (as in, not on the ear) is just distracting.

Wes gets his fancy Law-talkin' degree and suddenly becomes a straight-laced conservative.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-04-2013, 07:56 AM
For me it depends on the underlying thought behind the piercing.

Is it "I'm confident enough in myself and what I enjoy to dress in ways I see fit. The musicians I like and my friends have contributed to this being a normal part of fashion".

or is it "I really hate my dad".

edit: Most people in group 2 will argue to the death that they are in group 1.

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2013, 08:28 PM

I'm sorry, my dear, but your lip piercing is distracting me from your cleavage. :holmes:

Night Fury
01-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't see the problem of people getting a piercing because they look cool really.

Most people get things because they're cool.

Clo
01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I love piercings. I have three piercings in my lobes, and I'm getting two cartilage piercings. Once I have a more secure job, I am getting a nostril pierced (not a bullring so don't piss yo'self jowski).

Jowy
01-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I love piercings. I have three piercings in my lobes, and I'm getting two cartilage piercings. Once I have a more secure job, I am getting a nostril pierced (not a bullring so don't piss yo'self jowski).

nostril piercings are cute so I have no objections to that. :aimsun:

Clo
01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
picky picky picky

You know what piercing I don't like? Belly button piercings.

95% of the time I can't see it, and most of the time I don't want to look at anyone's awkward little belly hole anyway.

Shorty
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Clo knows what's up.

Shoeberto
01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Nah. But I'm not big on body piercings.

Mirage
01-04-2013, 10:23 PM
its their bodies
Anyone can pierce anything they want. The legality of piercings isn't what this thread is about, though. It's about which piercings people thing look good/cool/pretty/whatever, and I don't think these look good on either males or females. I just don't pay as much attention to it when it's on a guy because I'm not normally attracted to them.

krissy
01-04-2013, 10:24 PM
smurfing patriarchy

fire_of_avalon
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Not in that pic she doesn't. Sorry. And how do those cheek piercings even work? You have to take them out to sanitize. How do you put them in and how do you not scratch your teeth or tongue on that part inside?
They're flat on the inside. Like a little disc.

Dude, unless the piercing is brand new, you don't need to sanitize it.
All piercings still need the surface area cleaned occasionally, especially oral piercings.

Yeah, any of my non-ear piercings that I've had out literally healed past the point of no return in a matter of hours. Some people can have things out for days but not me.

yeah that's the extent on girls decisions on piercings, it is either for looks or for coolness, they don't think above those terms really
smaller brains etc
Ilu krissy.

Tigmafuzz
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
You know what piercing I don't like? Belly button piercings.

Mirage
01-05-2013, 11:17 AM
smaller brains etc
Ilu krissy.
It is?
I learn something new every day, it seems.

Bubba
01-05-2013, 04:51 PM
People can do whatever they like to themselves but it isn't really my thing at all. I haven't seen one picture of this piercing that I thought looked attractive.

Luckily, there is a simple spell you can use to rid people of this particular affliction...

SEPTUMSEMPRA!!

EDIT: Aww man... did I really just do that?

Jowy
01-05-2013, 05:40 PM
People can do whatever they like to themselves but it isn't really my thing at all. I haven't seen one picture of this piercing that I thought looked attractive.

Luckily, there is a simple spell you can use to rid people of this particular affliction...

SEPTUMSEMPRA!!

so you rip it out in the bathroom and blood splatters EVERYWHERE!

Shorty
01-05-2013, 05:41 PM
:barf:

Jowy
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
:barf:

<a href=http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Sectumsempra>get learned, girl</a>

Shorty
01-05-2013, 05:43 PM
I don't care what it's from, that mental image was horrifying!

Jowy
01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
you're welcome! :aimsun:

Raistlin
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM

Wes gets his fancy Law-talkin' degree and suddenly becomes a straight-laced conservative.

I've always been pretty vanilla on the subject of piercings and tattoos. :p I'm not a huge fan of big tattoos, either, for the same reason.

Weren't you like 20 or 21 when you got your ears pierced for the first time? :p It looks like now you're hooked.

I actually don't mind nostril piercings. I suppose, like ear piercings, they're just something I've gotten used to.

Tigmafuzz
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM

SEPTUMSEMPRA!!

"You dare use my own spells against me?"

DMKA
01-06-2013, 03:06 AM
I actually like certain piercings, and I have nothing against people getting piercings; if that's what you want to do to your body, more power to you.

That being said, nose piercings, be it in the side of the nose, or in the septum, on a male or female, is one of the least attractive things I can think of.

Ouch!
01-06-2013, 06:01 AM
On another note, I'm not going to even attempt to explain why, but industrial/scaffold piercings are fucking hot.

Jowy
01-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Industrials are the second sexiest possible piercings, that's a fact.

Citizen Bleys
01-06-2013, 07:04 AM
How they hell do they pick their noses?

DMKA
01-06-2013, 07:05 AM
They look pretty kawaii on a girl. Not on a guy though. :p

Mercen-X
01-06-2013, 07:55 AM
On another note, I'm not going to even attempt to explain why, but industrial/scaffold piercings are fucking hot.:eyebrow:

Yar
01-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Meh I don't often care for piercings, but I don't really hate them. They're just boring and overdone. :/

People need to get more unconventional piercings. When was the last time you saw a cool hand piercing?

Shorty
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Industrials are badass and I will have one at one point this year!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
No no no no no gods no. I absolutely hate septum piercings. I am a little touchy on the subject of them as well since my wife decided to get one, again, while I am on deployment. She got it my first deployment and knew I hated it. She only got rid of it because of her job. Now on my third deployment she decided it was a good idea to get again. I hate it.

There are other piercings that I do like though.

Just not septum piercings. They are ugly.

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
You have the training, Pants. Just kill her.

Jinx
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Dude, Industrials are awesome.

Gogolian
01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I have 2 piercings in my right eyeborrow xP

TrollHunter
01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I like them, let people express themselves with piercings if they so desire. Zeldy's is way hot.
I do think they're for a certain type of person, like a guess a rocky kind of person, it's not my style personally. I'd love a nose piercing though, not the septum though. I think like most body modification, it can make you look beautiful and more like the style of person that you are. I mean for example;

HOT
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/085e6445955138fbbf74bf38ddd80918/l.jpg

She suits is because she wears that kind of look.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QyLsr7mmOMg/S6-oNkqb9eI/AAAAAAAAAMY/WdzeuIE1XWg/s1600/septum.jpg

In all honesty, I think the piercings make them look worse. They'd look far better without them, but that's just my personal taste.

its their bodies

They can pierce whatever they want to pierce, and we can continue to discuss our opinions about said piercings.
Noone is forcing anyone to do anything, everyone is just discussing their feelings on the subject.

OT: If you haven't already guessed, I'm not really a fan of piercings...
They don't really bug me, I just don't like how they look at all.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
You have the training, Pants. Just kill her.

But then I wouldn't have any one to cuddle with!

Quindiana Jones
01-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Hot water bottles won't get piercings...