PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Moments of EoFF

Shorty
01-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we collectively reminisce over 2012 with fellow EoFF members.

This year's been a pretty big one for myself on the forums. I've more than doubled my post count in a single year, which isn't much to say considering the amount of time I've been a member here. I've reconnected with many old friends and made many new ones.

EoFF itself has flourished brilliantly. We've acquired a swell handful of outstanding newbies and we've had a crazy wave of oldbies return. We've put on some of the most important events in the history of EoFF, the frontsite was made the best it's ever been and it's only getting better from here. It seems to me like this place has overall improved significantly and that we have a good crew of members frequenting all corners of the forums.

With all that said, let's recap some great moments from 2012!

-Participating in the pioneer (lol) trek of EoFF Oregon Trail and furiously hitting F5 for hours.
-Arguing over the Space/Ocean thread and my side losing with dignity and honor.
-Participating in the CK Competition and teaming up with Vivi as your newbie justice duo. When I signed up, I didn't think I had a shot at it.
-Meeting up with both new and old friends: Jiro, NCG, Yar, denmark, Happy Noodle boy and of course, Rantz Pantz :love:
-Consistently arguing about pizza topping (pineapple can gtfo).
-Consistently arguing about the worst foods.
-Consistently arguing about the best foods.
-Consistently arguing about food in general.
-Yelling at Vivi about how steak for every meal is unhealthy.
-Serenading denmark in #eoff with alkaline trio and brand new and lord knows what else.
-Watching Pike become mortified at every adorable photo of moths.
-Arguing over the swear filter (trout 4eva).
-Nikki's drawing of me as a whale.
-Dragging some members back to EoFF by the napes of their necks (you know who you are)
-Joining EC and being able to be part of the working cogs behind some of the events here.
-The Archer quotes thread that nobody but a handful of us appreciate.
-Watching the Post your EoFF History thread come alive with so many members' stories.
-Reading Thecloudyday89's stories. If you haven't yet... you are missing out.
-The Nostalgia Thread.
-Watching the Unpopular Opinions threads get battled over.

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Great idea Shorty! I've have had so many, and I've only been back since September... here's a probably incomplete list!

- A very warm welcome back from old members, like Goldenboko, Jiro, Citizen Bleys, etc etc.
- Being part of the illustrious Events Committee only a month or two in! Thanks Goldenboko!
- Beginning and maintaining my blog series, updated every week! Thanks for patronage commenters!
- Doing so well in the EoFF Olympics was quite a highlight!
- Somehow winning a limited edition poster!
- Again, getting up to the penultimate day and being an asset to the team in the Anniversary Mafia game!
- Most recently, the EoFF Secret Santa was a resounding success, thanks to Santas and Santees!
- Making valued, true friendships here.
- Ribbing Lockharted time and time again ;)

Missed some..

- Taking part in the frontsite, in particular Theatrhythm, great teamwork with Faris
- Talking about Faris, playing swapnote/Letter Box pictionary with her on the 3DS!
- Being a proud member of the "returners", members who have come back after god knows how long...
- Fairly certain Lockharted coined my new nickname, Formy! Love it. Thanks Locky!

I've missed this place.

Freya
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Space vs ocean thread!
Getting promoted to an Editor!
Hosting the CK event that brought you guys your lovely OP of this thread!
Working with the community for our events and our content! I love that! I've met some amazing people because of it.

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Winning a Poster in the poster thread!
Winning Best Newbie and Cutest Female at the Ciddies!
Creating the infamous poo thread!
Getting articles promoted to the frontsite!
Meeting you guys :heart:

Jinx
01-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Being the very last person to win a poster, and having #eoff go crazy that I better get it!
Winning Cutest Female
Ocean vs. Space thread. /bows (You're welcome, EoFF)
Making new friends cos I joined in March :D
Harassing people in EoEO
Being a champ in the WILTY thread
Reading all of Jiro's FFVII threads
Reading the Oregon Trail thread
Taking part in the FF Olympics (well....trash talking other teams, at least ;D)
Interesting #eoff discussions prompted by Sylvie

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
- Fairly certain Lockharted coined my new nickname, Formy! Love it. Thanks Locky!

I've missed this place.

It was me, Formy.
It was a toss up between Formish or Formy, I went for the latter (obviously)

Shorty
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I love it. Less syllables.

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
OMG
How could I forget singing Sephex's Gotye parody with Bubba!

Faris
01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I love it. Less syllables.

And so much easier to verify that it is spelled correctly

Oh boy, so many things:

- Warm welcome back
- FF Olympics, specifically winning the FFI speed run (based on time, Jiro takes the crown for actually finishing it)
- Being asked/recommended to join the event committee. Never thought that would happen.
- Writing speeches for Ciddies
- Winning my first Ciddie and being nominated for Best Female (never saw that coming. Clearly I've become a lot more outgoing since I was a teenager)
- Being asked to write speeches for the Final Fantasy Ciddies
- The insanity that ensued during the FF Ciddies
- Secret SatanSanta!
- New friendships and rekindling old ones
- Helping with Theatrythm content
- 3DSing and XBoxliving with certain members
- Some Event planning with Bleys and Laddy (guys, we should get back on that sometime)
- Skype chats
- Mafia
- Triple Triad tournament
I know there's more but I can't think of it right now.

Jowy
01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Going in #eoff and being threatened with bodily harm if I didn't regularly grace the place with my presence. (empty threat)
Birthday thread.
Hiding out in our tree fort with the coolest people here.
Dark Souls thread.
Magic age defying melons.
Lost in Translation.
Archer thread.
Bad ideas thread.

Not a bad six months!

Chris
01-01-2013, 10:06 PM
My Online Dating Thread. Never felt so vulnerable and exposed. :roll2

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
My Online Dating Thread. Never felt so vulnerable and exposed. :roll2

Don't worry Chris! It was a resounding success based on the number of posts made on it!

Agent Proto
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
So this is EoFF specific?

- Participating in the CK event, and eventually becoming responsible for the FF Fan Art Showcases and becoming founder of the dA group. Seriously, we have some great stuff in there, and the members flocking from dA to the forums is partially my fault, even though BoB was responsible for bringing them over to help with the FF Ciddies.
- New friends, old friends, friends in general.
- Becoming more of a presence on the forums, I guess?

I guess that's it. I don't want to bother listing threads others will name.

Aulayna
01-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I joined a forum and posted some things. Occasionally some people replied or repped me for those things. 'dat shit is whack yo!

Shauna
01-01-2013, 10:14 PM
2012 has been a short EoFF year for me, but coming back has been great.

-Poster thingy was cool
-Anniversary Mafia was awesome fun. :D
-Catching up with old friends, making new ones, all that good stuff

I honestly cannot remember what else even happened in the past few months. My memory is bad today. xD But, hopefully 2013 will be a great year for us!

Quindiana Jones
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I was introduced to Dark Souls this year as a result of the thread in General Gaming. One of the best games ever made, and one that I would have completely ignored if not for the people talking about it in that thread.

I also won the FFV Olympics Event, after over an hour's Paint work. Thoroughly enjoyed matching each character from the game to a suitable character from the film, as well as thinking up all the different Jobs and their effects. It was great fun, and being praised by Paul made me tingle in the most shameful manner.

I started my first ever Let's Play at the end of 2012, and though I went hiatus over Christmas, I will be back on track in a day or two. I've already thought up some awful and distasteful jokes. Speaking of Let's Plays, I made Laddy do a Baldur's Gate LP and took the part of main character. Sir Quin may be useless in battle, but he's hardy as a motherfucker. :love: I'm hoping Laddy will keep updating it for THE REST OF TIME (or at least until he finishes the game!).

Aulayna
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Actually you know what - the highlight of my short 3 month tenure here is:

- Getting disqualified from the Best Newbie category in the Ciddies due to having a 7 year old account with about 20 posts on it
- Subsequently getting added to the Best Veteran category
- Starting up the anti-establishment movement called "Ciddies? Mo liek bunch o Kiddies!" to make a stand against such popularity contests, it only has 1 member right now but DAMNIT WE'RE STANDING STRONG! *fist slams table* I am the Danny Boyle to your OBE

Shorty
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Aww, I forgot my birthday thread. rantzbootay.jpg and Bubba singing to me were both pretty awesome :love:

escobert
01-02-2013, 01:18 AM
same shit different year :p

Denmark
01-02-2013, 01:27 AM
almost winning a ciddie was like the highlight of my year

Sephex
01-02-2013, 01:30 AM
OMG
How could I forget singing Sephex's Gotye parody with Bubba!

And that was very cool.

For me, I would say getting as far as I did in the Cid's Knight contest. I also had tons of fun in both Ciddies in 2012. All around, I am happy that I reconnected with the place. I know I am doing something right when Del Murder kept complimenting me here and there! Oh, and the livestreaming I have done for several video games, including the FFIV one that I WILL CONTINUE very shortly. The Holidays were messing my schedule up, and now that they are over, I will be back in my usual rut able to have some free time for that.

Raistlin
01-02-2013, 01:51 AM
2012 was definitely a good year. Some EoFF highlights for me:

-Fun forum events, such as the Ciddies, CK competition, and FF Ciddies (includes making fun of as many members as possible with my Ciddies speeches).
-Getting more involved with the frontsite and writing dozens of articles.
-Winning a poster.
-All of the Let's Play threads (Oregon Trail, Baldur's Gate, the FFV parody, etc.).

Pheesh
01-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Hmm, it's hard to think of anything before my trip >_<

-having WildRaubtier show up to one of my band's shows unexpectedly, then getting too drunk and being kicked out by the bouncers
-going to the movies with Jiro and drinking gross Queensland beer with him.
-going on my trip and meeting so many amazing members; iPod shuffle road trips with Shorty, Thanksgiving with Jentleness, Hawaiian Shave Ice and Beaches with Kalilung and Madonna (lol jks, mike wouldn't come), Celtics game with Bert.
-my first EoY thread (barely any comments but still fun to fill out)
-making fun of Shorty and Denmarks gross sing alongs in #eoff
-planning Britstralia 2013 with Lockharted
-not entering the CK comp or reading the thread/s about it.

Clo
01-02-2013, 02:09 AM
I remember winning Best Poster, cuz that's how this bitch rolls.

I remember falling in love with Shorty.

The drugs and alcohol have destroyed all other memories.

Shiny
01-02-2013, 03:39 AM
-Thanks to Psychotic and DK I discovered that Iceglow fell in a pile of crap. This was a defining moment.
-I received the poster in the mail that Shlup touched. So we have indirectly touched each other. Hawt.

Citizen Bleys
01-02-2013, 03:48 AM
It's been pretty much pure good.

-The CK competition was mad fun
-Pond Life
-FF5 Revisited! was twice as much fun for me as it was for anyone else
-Lynx's reaction to Operation: Wanker
-The Triple Triad Tournament
-Mafia -- I was expecting it to be a pale imitation of GHF's Kira game, but wound up enjoying it immensely in spite of sucking at it and it convinced me to register at mafiascum.net, which has been a source of ceaseless enjoyment
-WILTY?
-Some of the speeches I wrote for the reg Ciddies were fun
-The madness at the end of the FF Ciddies

NeoCracker
01-02-2013, 05:26 AM
A personal Favorite was watching Shad's babes get eliminated, one of which in the first round of the Babe Tournament.

The little things like that keep me going in life.

Lonely Paper Star
01-02-2013, 05:56 AM
- Returning here after a ~7 year absence for that poster giveaway. XD
- Getting to know you EoFFers through the forum, Skype, and IRC.
- My Ciddie nominations. Didn't expect to get any of those.
- The FF 25th Anniversary Ciddies. That was fun to read. :3
- Doing the Secret Santa Satans

All in all, I didn't expect to stay and enjoy talking to most of you. Hurray for me staying at a forum for more than a month! And not lurking!

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-02-2013, 06:58 AM
uh...discovering and joining EoFF?

Shiny
01-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Forgot to mention all the Tidus pictures in the Ciddies revelation thread. So friggin' funny.

I Took the Red Pill
01-02-2013, 07:10 AM
1. Denmark returning

Madame Adequate
01-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Finally winning Cutest Couple.

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 10:39 AM

Infiltrating Philip's life is also a big highlight for me.

Loony BoB
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
- FF Ciddies
- Poster giveaway
- Post Your EoFF History
- Census Results
- Getting contacted by Square-Enix
- Getting linked to in SE's blog and in SE's Twitter
- Continue the Story (FF version)
- EoFF Pictionary 2

Hard to elaborate on the above right now as I'm mildly braindead.

Cuchulainn
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Steve.

Quindiana Jones
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM

Infiltrating Philip's life pants is also a big highlight for me.

Bubba
01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I've had a bit of an up and down year on EOFF but more than happy to focus on all the good stuff!

- The Final Fantasy Ciddies thread was absolutely outstanding. The effort put in by everyone was phenomenal and is officially my all-time favourite thread.
- Thoroughly enjoyed doing the duet with the very-talented Locky for Seph's brilliant take on the Gotye song. Great effort by krissy as well in splicing our two parts together so well!
- Winning Best Newbie at the mid-year Ciddies was pretty great too
- Overall though I've loved the high level of activity on the forums especially in the latter part of the year. Lots of intelligent, witty, hilarious and downright insane posts which have kept me thoroughly entertained!

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Infiltrating Philip's life pants is also a big highlight for me.

Yes, and that.

Also, taking part in the FF ciddies was awesome, and getting onto the Events Committee too :3
I just hope I can do my bit to keep the site interesting and eventful! :)

Goldenboko
01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Steve.
STEVE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD2PrJVfFt0)

Christmas
04-09-2022, 12:19 AM
I was never here! That sure was something! :bigsmile:

PS: Now everyone can relieve your past accomplishments. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2022, 06:50 PM
Man, I remember Triple Triad! I believe Rantz and I duelled to a forced stalemate. I recall being very quite good at it!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-11-2022, 05:02 AM
The poster giveaway was a lot of fun. I keep mine hung up behind the desk I'm typing at now.

There was a lot of incentive for making every area of the forum active because it gave you additional entries in the drawing. Even people who never participated in areas like Relm's Studio would whip up a terrible image in MS Paint just to get that extra entry lol.

Christmas
04-11-2022, 05:20 AM
The poster giveaway was a lot of fun. I keep mine hung up behind the desk I'm typing at now.

There was a lot of incentive for making every area of the forum active because it gave you additional entries in the drawing. Even people who never participated in areas like Relm's Studio would whip up a terrible image in MS Paint just to get that extra entry lol.

Del, are you giving away posters or what not nowadays? Or are you even here!?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-11-2022, 05:24 AM
You missed your window. I just got 37,000 leftover Advent Children posters from Shlup in the mail.

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2022, 04:22 PM
My poster is horribly crusty and folded. When I took it off the wall last, it took the wall with it, and I ended up horribly scolded.

Christmas
04-12-2022, 12:58 AM
EVERYONE GOT A POSTER EXCEPT ME!? TALK ABOUT FOMO!! :cry:

theundeadhero
04-16-2022, 12:00 AM
I framed mine and will be holding onto it forever. Hugging it goodnight and thinking about all the people missing out.

Christmas
04-16-2022, 12:37 AM
http://home.eyesonff.com/asset.php?fid=33410&uid=15004&d=1417061559