PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is awkward

Shiny
01-02-2013, 07:01 AM
So this morning I was at my good friend's house having some home made waffles with her father, his fiance, her brother, and her aunt. Her little cousin who is only one years old walked over to me to greet me and she reached out like she wanted to be picked up, so I picked her up. Mind you I was wearing pajama pants and a not incredibly low v-neck. Well, when I picked her up, she grabbed my top down revealing my breast. My face has never been so red hot. D:

Needless to say it was very awkward, because I couldn't react quick enough to what was happening and the sitatuion was made worse by her dad going, "Well, you did say you'll be going to a nudist beach with my daughter right, so this is an early start! By the way sorry I was looking in that direction."

Please tell me your equally horrifyingly awkward and/or embarrassing stories.

Pumpkin
01-02-2013, 07:26 AM
I have a two year old son who has constantly done this to me. Often in public. Not to mention dropping stuff on my shirt while we're in public so I can't change immediately and I'm stuck with a giant orange stain on my shirt.

I was recently at a dinner being held in a restaurant with a lot of people where I apparently stepped on toilet paper on my way to the bathroom somehow and walked out of the room, while everyone was looking in my general direction as that was where someone was making a speech. I had like a long trail following me. I noticed it before I got into the bathroom but it was embarrassing although I'm not sure if anyone notices.

Futan
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
I broke my collarbone in junior high. I got in the bus after school. Bus was packed and I had to ask someone to move over. I had one arm in a sling and the other holding my bag. This was also before I believed in a lil thing called belts. So while I was waiting for them to move over, pants fell straight down to my ankles. Based on the waves of laughter, everyone saw it... lol.

kotora
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Don't feel like writing out the whole story but it involves a sudden diarrhea attack on the way to a concert :/

Shorty
01-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Pantsing at grocery stores :stare:

Loony BoB
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
"This never happened."

IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh god, most happen when I get drunk, which is why I'm quitting the old alchoholy devil for a while!

But one I can think of happened at work, I can be quite clumsy sometimes, and anyway one afternoon I was in the stockroom just pushing the trolley around to get some boxes in it, and I knocked the trolley so hard into the wall (I don't even know how) yet somehow I kept moving and I just like, fell in. I don't think anyone saw, but there are cameras in our stock room so.... >.<

Shorty
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
ahahaha what, you fell in xDD

we have to get our hands on that footage xD

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Absolutely not.

:doublecolbert:

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I do remember one time nearly choking to death in a cinema. Basically, I bought myself a big bag of malteasers because I love them, and during the film I was just nibbling away at them. Perhaps I was too overzealous with my eating, but a renegade malteaser decided to lodge itself in my throat. Despite not being able to breathe, I was in a quiet cinema, so I couldn't exactly call for help. I spent the next minute or so quietly trying to save myself, and eventually, and it did feel like forever, did get it out. Not quite sure if anyone noticed, or if the film was so engaging they didn't see some poor sap choking on a spherical chocolate ball of death.

Shorty
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
It is our of love for my own daughter that I need to acquire this tape and laugh at it to my heart's content.

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
There's no need to get the tape Shorty; I can just imagine Locky just barrelling into the trolley bless!

Shorty
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
did you immediately pop up and do a sweep of the room to make sure no one saw

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
No I kind of struggled because I went in head first and my legs were sticking in the air, so I had to like force myself into a handstand and like.. plop out.

:|

Very undignified.

Ahahahaha "Renegade Malteaser" :lol:

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
I imagine it was something you'd see in a comedy sketch!

Shorty
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm seriously dying here, daughter xD

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I imagine it was something you'd see in a comedy sketch!

Formy, my life is a comedy sketch, unfortunately. >.<

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 02:04 PM
There's no unfortunately about it! You have the gift of inadvertent humour; use it wisely!

Agent Proto
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Most of the awkward and embarrassing things happened during middle school. Let's just say that I had to go.

Jinx
01-02-2013, 04:15 PM
I've posted this before, but:

Back in September, I was walking around campus. I have this dress that's sort of a pain, because it doesn't stay down like it's supposed to. Anyways, I've got my boots on, and my little backpack, just walking along. I noticed that my legs felt awfully cool, and when I reached behind me, I realized that my dress had flown up about my waist. My bum and tights were just hanging out for the whole world to see. I put my dress down and kept my hand on it the entire way to my car.

There were only 3 or so people around, but I have no idea if anyone saw. ;-;

Baloki
01-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I once called Loony BoB and people overheard me :(

Iceglow
01-02-2013, 11:36 PM
haha. Oh god, if I told you all the stories where one of my nieces or nephews made me look an idiot I'd be here all night and weekend. Most recently I wasn't paying my youngest Niece Chloe enough attention, she's not quite 2 yet and so she decided rather than yell "Hey!" at me again (she can't say my name though she's called me "nom nom nom" before. I don't know why I'm tasty I just am) she decided to run at me and punch me with both her little fists right in the daddy sacks in front of a room full of people. I was in pain, I wanted to cry a 2 stone lump had sprinted as fast as she can at me and launched herself fist first in to my balls. For someone who manages to avoid being hurt in some pretty serious shit or reacting to pain in some pretty serious situations I was left gasping for air by a 2 year old.

Clo
01-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Whenever I'm around a toddler I feel petrified of getting snot on me.

Raistlin
01-03-2013, 04:14 AM
I once called Lynx and suddenly found myself talking to PG.

Mercen-X
01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
A conversation I had with someone on Tuesday night resulted in awkward behavior which lasted all night and throughout the next day. Anyone who has been following my updates knows who I'm referring to.

Jinx
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
A conversation I had with someone on Tuesday night resulted in awkward behavior which lasted all night and throughout the next day. Anyone who has been following my updates knows who I'm referring to.

Dish.

Aulayna
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I posted in another thread with this story so through the magic of paraphrasing I shall post it here again!

I was wearing a new pair of boots with thinner heels than I'm used too. I was walking and talking and got a bit distracted.

Basically, I started repeating in my head to myself "okay, now...right...left...check the floor...again, right...left...yeah, yeah, there you go sister!"

Then I thought "Oh wow, this floor is slippery!Oh shi...!". Rolled mental dices, 8, success - balance regained!...That lasted like one second, floor rolled dices too, critical success! Floor used 'COME DOWN ON MAH BELLEH!' attack and I awkwardly fell flat on my face.

In the middle of a supermarket....

Mercen-X
01-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Hehehehehe. You suck! :p

Dish.

I am familiar with no one by the name of Dish. And no, it was not a dish either. :smug:

krissy
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
in grade 7 i had a meltdown after an improv session went terribly wrong
in front of the audience of the entire class

anime tears

escobert
01-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Once at a work dinner a couple that I play GW2 withs child completely snatched up a very well endowed older ladys breast. Like two handed squeeze. she screetched at the top of her lungs so loud. she also had a very low cut shirt. actually now that I think about it it was a sweatshirt with the neck cut down. anyways the mom was SUPER embarrassed and I'm sure felt very awkward. He husband basically just giggled and her son seemed very pleased with himself. :D

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Pics or it didn't happen