PDA

View Full Version : Good 3DS games?

Polnareff
01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
So tomorrow I might have a 3DS XL for cheap since my friend bought one a while back and isn't pleased with it. I haven't really followed the handheld scene very well lately due to not owning either of the newest ones.

Here are the games that I'm interested in so far:

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Mario Tennis Open
Heroes of Ruin
Code of Princess
Super Street Fighter IV
Shinobi
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (is this any good? Playthrough videos make it seem boring)

And there's all the stuff that either hasn't come out yet, or just hasn't come out here, like the DQ7 remake, Bravely Default (the game that I'm looking most forward to besides AA5), Ace Attorney 5, Chocobo Racing 3D, DQM: Terry's Wonderland, Shin Megami Tensei 4, etc.

The 3DS I'm getting will come with Kingdom Hearts 3D and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, both of which I have no interest in and am going to sell to buy other games.

I'm just wondering what other games you guys might have liked on the 3DS.

NeoCracker
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Devil Survivor 2 is easily the best DS game launched to date, and the best original hand held title.

I'd go on to say it's my favorite SRPG as well. :P

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to Bravely Default, if it ever comes out anyway.

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
May I recommend:

- Mario Kart 7: But of course.
- Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask: I love it, but get it only if you've played the others.
- Super Mario 3D Land: I found it fairly easy, especially with the infinite lives trick you can do. Good fun though.
- Theatr... oh. O.K. Wait, you not interested?
- Kingdom Hear... Ah.

As for Sticker Star, I've not heard anything particularly good. Not terrible. Just slightly bland. Oh! When you do get your 3DS, make sure to sign up on the EoFF All-Console code thread, and get Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box. Pictionary games between me and Faris are incredibly exciting!

Skyblade
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
If you are ok with downloaded games, pick up Crimson Shroud.

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Forgot about downloaded games. If your into puzzle games, Pullblox is quite good. Have to tell you, it does get difficult.

Shauna
01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Ocarina of Time, Tales of the Abyss - if you care for some re-releases of ol' games.

If you played 999, you should look into Virtue's Last Reward.

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
You HAVE to play the 3DS version of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Especially if you've never played the original. The new one looks a lot better though.

The Pokemon games are awesome, even if you don't like Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl were really good. So were Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Can never go wrong with any of the Mario games. Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, any of the platform games, etc.

And lastly, I'm assuming you're on these forums because you like Final Fantasy? Try FF3 and FF4 on the DS.

Polnareff
01-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Devil Survivor 2 is easily the best DS game launched to date, and the best original hand held title.

I'd go on to say it's my favorite SRPG as well. :P

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to Bravely Default, if it ever comes out anyway.

Didn't even know Devil Survivor 2 came out here. I'm so far out of the loop that it's not even funny.

Bravely Default looks really awesome. I hope that "All the Bravest" announcement turns out to be the localization of BD. I loved the hell out of 4HoL, so......

- Theatr... oh. O.K. Wait, you not interested?
- Kingdom Hear... Ah.

As for Sticker Star, I've not heard anything particularly good. Not terrible. Just slightly bland. Oh! When you do get your 3DS, make sure to sign up on the EoFF All-Console code thread, and get Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box.

Can't believe I forgot about MK7. *facepalm* I deserve a slap for that.

I'm not interested in KH3D because for some reason, I can't get into any of the handheld KH games. I played through Terra's story on BBS recently and got sick of the game to where I couldn't finish Ven's or Aqua's stories.

Theatrhythm looks adorable, but I'm not into rhythm games at all unless it's Parappa the Rapper. Might try it and see if I like it and just get rid of KH. Or try them both and see if I like them and just keep them long enough to get enjoyment from them.

Sticker Star looked kinda bland to me, too, and apparently you have to hoard stickers until the end of the game or you'll run out against the last boss. That doesn't sound particularly fun to me.

@Formalhaut and Skyblade, yeah, downloaded games are fine too. I have Wi-Fi access, so it's fine. :jess:

Ocarina of Time, Tales of the Abyss - if you care for some re-releases of ol' games.

If you played 999, you should look into Virtue's Last Reward.

OoT and TotA are definitely on my want list. I didn't even know 999 had a sequel until now.

The Pokemon games are awesome, even if you don't like Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl were really good. So were Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Can never go wrong with any of the Mario games. Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, any of the platform games, etc.

And lastly, I'm assuming you're on these forums because you like Final Fantasy? Try FF3 and FF4 on the DS.

Played all the DS stuff you mentioned. I'm gonna re-buy FFIV and HeartGold. I also happen to have an R4 card...... >_>

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. Keep 'em coming.

Also, has anyone played the Tekken game on 3DS?

Faris
01-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I only own two games and of those I've only played one! I've bought older games from the Nintendo network which are cool and cheaper. I really don't want to pay $40 - $50 for a new game.

Formalhaut
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I only own two games and of those I've only played one! I've bought older games from the Nintendo network which are cool and cheaper. I really don't want to pay $40 - $50 for a new game.

In terms of 3DS games, not backward compatible DS games, I'm with Faris. I own... four games specifically for the 3DS, and they are:

- Mario Kart 7
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
- Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask

Oh, and Nintendo Letter Box/Swapnote. That's good, and it's free. That's all I really played.

Shauna
01-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I also happen to have an R4 card...... >_>

I wouldn't recommend using an R4 with the 3DS, iirc it'll brick your system. :3

Aulayna
01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
STAR FOX

(or as the people who lived in the superior territory fondly remember it as: Lylat Wars)

Rostum
01-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Bravely Default does indeed look amazing, it'll be the reason I get a 3DS if the game ever comes out.

jasonb
01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Nice Thread
thanx for this forum and thread . i am totaly right with your post . i am play this game very nice game . but very difficult game . i am daily play online game when i am bored .

Polnareff
01-04-2013, 10:27 PM
So I did end up getting the 3DS XL from my friend. He only wanted 80 bucks for it since that is what Gamestop was gonna give him (and he probably took the price down as well because of a favor I did for him a while back). He gave me Kingdom Hearts 3D with it, but I got sick of it and traded it in and got Resident Evil: Revelations which is a pretty good game. He couldn't find his copy of Theatrhythm yet, so......

Downloaded a bunch of apps. I have Swapnote now, as well as Nintendo Video and a few others.

I plan to get DoA Dimensions and Code of Princess next. Code of Princess is easy to find around here, but Dimensions isn't for some reason. :eep:

Formalhaut
01-05-2013, 02:08 AM
So I did end up getting the 3DS XL from my friend. He only wanted 80 bucks for it since that is what Gamestop was gonna give him (and he probably took the price down as well because of a favor I did for him a while back). He gave me Kingdom Hearts 3D with it, but I got sick of it and traded it in and got Resident Evil: Revelations which is a pretty good game. He couldn't find his copy of Theatrhythm yet, so......

Downloaded a bunch of apps. I have Swapnote now, as well as Nintendo Video and a few others.

I plan to get DoA Dimensions and Code of Princess next. Code of Princess is easy to find around here, but Dimensions isn't for some reason. :eep:

Swapnote? That means you can join the illustrious swapnote Pictionary club! Go to thread for more details! :D