PDA

View Full Version : FFT's optimization/preferences?

Greatermaximus
01-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Maybe this goes for any game in general and/or fits with my upper limit thread but since this forum is still up.

I'll try to narrow the game down into three aspects that more people will gripe about. Back in 1997 FFT's became a final draft and has been altered no doubt and what has happened can't be helped now. But...

1. Difficulty setting. The designers didn't make the enemies/objectives more difficult through numeric means. Although the characters level with you, you'd have to play at lower levels for the game to get harder.

2. Character criteria and attributes. Discussion with Zodiac Sign compatibility and brave/faith influence. Equipable items and their usefulness/uselessness to beat the game.

3. Married to more. The number of available and necessary classes/classes omitted? Why can't you go to a church and have a regular character become a holy knight or a sorceror like Klietien.

Overall, I'd say the game is above average in almost every of its aspects. But after the first time through or so you'd have to move on because of the limited programming.

VeloZer0
01-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Huh?

Greatermaximus
01-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Huh?

I was summarizing the main complaints I've heard about this game. But I can discontinue if the discussion is becoming redundant.

Roogle
01-04-2013, 07:20 AM
One of the things that I like about Final Fantasy Tactics is that the game seems to have a lot of content on the disc that is never seen in the actual game. There are countless unused job classes, sprites, and maps that all look like the game was meant to be something more. Luckily, there is a community dedicated to hacking Final Fantasy Tactics (http://ffhacktics.com/) to try and bring some optimizations and fixes forward.

NeoCracker
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Roogle you are awesome some days. :love:

Jowy
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
The game would lose any semblance of difficulty if you could built an army of Kletians to spam Dark Holy or Celia's to roll everything with Shadow Stitch.

Greatermaximus
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Ribbon's and black costumes deal with that. I suppose if you had to 'wait' to get the good classes which is what you are suppose to do in general. :)

Roogle
03-04-2013, 09:05 AM
The game would lose any semblance of difficulty if you could built an army of Kletians to spam Dark Holy or Celia's to roll everything with Shadow Stitch.

Yes, but it would gain a semblance of difficulty if you were forced to fight Kletian, Vormav, and Rofel in the same battle with assassins of their own, wouldn't it?