PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable..

Araciel
01-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Woke up to this outside my front window... WTF

Sooo once the snow flies, people forget how to drive in it...EVERY YEAR.. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

To make this thread relevant for discussion rather than ranty... Snow tires: Yay or nay?! Also I wish we could have chains...

krissy
01-04-2013, 06:59 PM
obviously yes

but im in canada

Araciel
01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Some cabbie tried to convince me they're a ploy to get more money out of us and don't help...He wasn't wearing his tin foil hat.

fire_of_avalon
01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
No because North Carolina.

Pumpkin
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
You live in Canada, James. Snow tires yes. They do make a difference.

Faris
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Snow tires are essential and all seasons can only do so much. I seriously don't understand people who live in places where it snows who use summer tires all year round. Twits.

Jowy
01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I drive perfectly fine with normal tires.

Then again, I'm not driving in Canada!

Clo
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Last week, I got stuck ON THE SAME BACK STREET four times, and when I finally parked my car in a legal parking spot, I had an aneurysm and knocked my head on some ice and bled out on the snow and died

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Depends how much snow you guys get and what you're driving. I'm good with all-season tires in NY on a front wheel drive car. Snow tires definitely do make a difference though.

krissy
01-04-2013, 09:32 PM
i almost killed someone a few years ago because i didn't have snow tires
i stopped a few feet in front of her after sliding for meters
i couldn't breathe properly for the rest of the day
they're definitely worth the investment

Parker
01-04-2013, 09:35 PM
i was the girl krissy almost killed and let me tell you i second what he says about snow tires

Shorty
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
I've always had regular tires when driving in snow and done just fine.

Clo
01-04-2013, 10:29 PM
My secret: antilock brakes

saved my life like twenty goddamn times

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-05-2013, 06:23 AM
You shouldn't be so surprised though, despite being in Canada people forget how to drive during the first big storm, especially Montreal drivers. -__-;

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I decided it wasn't a good idea to drive (read:slide) my Camaro around in the snow. So I ended up buying a second more winter friendly vehicle. The tires are pretty new.

Good enough for me :monster:

Chris
01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Snow tires, yes, if I knew how to operate a vehicle and had a car. :colbert:

Shlup
01-06-2013, 12:35 AM
It snowed at my house once. It wasn't nearly enough to cover the ground, but it took me several hours to get halfway to work. Once I got out of the snow, the second half of my drive took the normal 15 minutes. I would complain, but I'm pretty sure that if I drove in real snow I would die very quickly.

Tigmafuzz
01-06-2013, 01:02 AM
I remember hearing a story about when it snowed here during '89 or something. Since it rarely snows here, there was no salt to put on the roads, so the city decided to use gravel to give the cars traction... so many broken windshields :|

Raistlin
01-06-2013, 03:09 AM
I don't have snow tires because I haven't lived in an area where they would be warranted since I was 9 (when my family moved out of Colorado). We generally only get a couple of inches of snow at a time, and haven't even had any snow at all yet this winter.

Although when we do get any snow at all, the roads are terrible. Between the lack of adequate plowing and stupid drivers terrified of snow flakes, driving becomes unbearable. The worst was when I lived in Williamsburg, Virginia and we got more snow than the area had seen in decades. The side roads to get to my apartment were literally unplowed (only the main roads were at all), leaving 6+ inches of snow covering the road to get to the highway. Between that and all the old people driving, it was an awful time.

Faris
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
You shouldn't be so surprised though, despite being in Canada people forget how to drive during the first big storm, especially Montreal drivers. -__-;

It's really pathetic sometimes and Montreal seems to be rubbing off on Ottawa. Hopefully Quebec roads don't. But yeah, drivers around here are like: "OMG A SNOWFLAKE *drives into ditch*", "OMG RAIN DURING THE DAY *leaves headlights off*", "OMG EVERY KIND OF WEATHER *drives up against your bumper*" :mymelfacepalm:

Laddy
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
What is this snow thing? Is it a government conspiracy?

Is it that white stuff that falls from the sky those silly Yankees and Canucks blabber about?

Gogolian
01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Sooooo.... In the middle of the night the tree suddenly hit the car and then pretended that nothing happened...