PDA

View Full Version : Nice to meet you, my fellow FF friends

PoolHandMan
01-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Hello guys and girls, I am new in this forum, nice meeting you. I play FF since I was 10 years old (ff7 was my first, and I'm 22 now) and up till now I've played 4,6,8,9,10,12,13, tactics. Right now I am playing ff5, which I found very good. So, I'm looking forward to share my experiences with you, and vice versa. :)

PS: I am not a native speaker so, a little English mistake might appear here and there ;)

Formalhaut
01-05-2013, 03:41 AM
Don't worry, your English is perfectly fine. Quite good actually! I've seen my English people with worse English skills. :p

So, you've played many Final Fantasies, what would you say is your favourite? Are you looking forward to the newest games in development? Like Lightning Returns, Versus (If you can call that in development is another issue entirely).

What are you doing also as a career or for education? Any interests and hobbies? Sorry, my way of welcoming people to EoFF is to just ask as many questions as can be.

Welcome to EoFF! Feel free to help contribute to our membership location map! I'm sure you'll fit in well here. :)

NeoCracker
01-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Heads up, we are a bunch of creepers here, but don't let that frighten you!

Welcome!

Formalhaut
01-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Heads up, we are a bunch of creepers here, but don't let that frighten you!

What are you trying to say? :wacky:

NeoCracker
01-05-2013, 04:08 AM
*succesfully evades question*

PoolHandMan
01-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Don't worry, your English is perfectly fine. Quite good actually! I've seen my English people with worse English skills. :p

So, you've played many Final Fantasies, what would you say is your favourite? Are you looking forward to the newest games in development? Like Lightning Returns, Versus (If you can call that in development is another issue entirely).

What are you doing also as a career or for education? Any interests and hobbies? Sorry, my way of welcoming people to EoFF is to just ask as many questions as can be.

Welcome to EoFF! Feel free to help contribute to our membership location map! I'm sure you'll fit in well here. :)

wow thanks for the warming welcome! ;)

Despite what many people say, I really think ff7 is the best. Maybe because is what got me into the ff franchise and I really like the storyline.

What I'm looking forward to see: Final Fantasy Type 0 in English (C'mon square, not everyone knows japanese :mad:) and Final fantasy versus 13 (looks really awesome). About final fantasy 13-2 and 13-3 I really think they should have finished versus 13 instead. For me FF13 had a perfect ending so, I don't like the idea of those 2 games.

About my life, well, I am an English teacher here in Brazil and I'm studying computer science at the University, my dream is to have my own game company (or work in a big company, developing games). I like to play guitar too, I really love music (rock, metal, esp.), movies, japanese culture, and of course, games in general (metal gear solid, tekken, megaman x series are examples of my favorites)

and you guys? do you share my opinion on the best FF or is your favorite ff another one? cheers!

NeoCracker
01-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Of all FF's I enjoy, FF VII is actually my lest favorite. I do quite enjoy it though. Mostly Cid.

VI and IX edge out the others for me.

And did you play Megaman X: Command Mission? The one they turned into an RPG?

PoolHandMan
01-05-2013, 04:25 AM
yes, but I didn't finish. I guess I'm too used to go around the map dashing and shooting/slashing hahaha
the idea of turned based rpg in that universe looked odd to me, but I'm on vacation now, so I might give it a try again!

Did you like it?

NeoCracker
01-05-2013, 04:30 AM
It was enjoyable. Not amazing, but definitely worth checking out. I never got around to finishing it either though.

Formalhaut
01-05-2013, 05:19 AM
wow thanks for the warming welcome! ;)

That's okay! I love new members!

Despite what many people say, I really think ff7 is the best. Maybe because is what got me into the ff franchise and I really like the storyline.

I think most people have problems with the compilation of VII, not the core VII itself. I think people thought the series went abit loopy what with Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, etc.

What I'm looking forward to see: Final Fantasy Type 0 in English (C'mon square, not everyone knows japanese :mad:) and Final fantasy versus 13 (looks really awesome). About final fantasy 13-2 and 13-3 I really think they should have finished versus 13 instead. For me FF13 had a perfect ending so, I don't like the idea of those 2 games.

Why don't you look at the Type - 0 forum and check out Goldenboko's lovely updates? For example, Operation Suzaku is undergoing! You can sign petitions and stuff! And drum up support. I agree though, I don't know Japanese. Sucks...

If you play FFXIII-2, you find out that "perfect" ending was just the tip of the iceberg... if you enjoyed XIII, I do recommend playing XIII-2. It improves stuff on linearity and customisation. Lots of time travel stuff though.

About my life, well, I am an English teacher here in Brazil and I'm studying computer science at the University, my dream is to have my own game company (or work in a big company, developing games). I like to play guitar too, I really love music (rock, metal, esp.), movies, japanese culture, and of course, games in general (metal gear solid, tekken, megaman x series are examples of my favorites)

Ah, that's nice. So, as an English teacher, are you still Brazilian? Where do you come from? My brother's from England, but he's out in Japan teaching English as a foreign language.

Well, that's nice you want to work in games; who knows, you might design the next big Final Fantasy! What sort of features would you improve on a Final Fantasy? As for music, lets see here... WHAT THE HELL?! I'm not really a fan of rock and metal. Sorry.

Rantz
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome, Sir PoolHandMan! I hope you settle in well and enjoy our humble abode! :D

Faris
01-05-2013, 04:44 PM
FFV is fantastic. Welcome aboard!

PoolHandMan
01-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Ah, that's nice. So, as an English teacher, are you still Brazilian? Where do you come from? My brother's from England, but he's out in Japan teaching English as a foreign language.

I am sorry that's not what I meant haha I am Brazilian, and I teach the English language at an school :)

Well, that's nice you want to work in games; who knows, you might design the next big Final Fantasy! What sort of features would you improve on a Final Fantasy? As for music, lets see here... WHAT THE HELL?! I'm not really a fan of rock and metal. Sorry.

Wow if I could work on the next FF that it would be perfect! Sincerely, I don't know what I would change, maybe I would put some real action system (something like ff XII), but maybe they (square enix) would lose a lot of money since it looks like most fans like the classic turn-based battles. Before I played ff 13 I was really looking forward to see an evolution of the battle system from the XII system, but that was not the case, so I got a little disappointed at first. But it turns out that I really enjoyed the game :)
Really don't you like rock? what type of music do you like then?

Faris and Rantz, thanks for the welcome, ffV is really good, and coincidence or not, Faris is my fav character of this game, she looks really cool in the samurai armor :D

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Really don't you like rock? what type of music do you like then?

Eh, I'm into all sorts, I don't really have a preference, though I do really like string, orchestra and stuff like that. :D

Raistlin
01-07-2013, 12:48 AM
For me FF13 had a perfect ending...

:screwy:

Despite that dubious statement, welcome to EoFF!

PoolHandMan
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
For me FF13 had a perfect ending...

:screwy:

Despite that dubious statement, welcome to EoFF!

well, don't get me wrong, ff13 wasn't one of the best ffs, but it was decent. What I meant is that I think the story had a perfect conclusion. And it's just my opinion.

Pheesh
01-07-2013, 02:48 AM
I like your name, it is fun to say, and it's always good to see more musicians around the place. What are some of your favourite bands?

Faris
01-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Faris and Rantz, thanks for the welcome, ffV is really good, and coincidence or not, Faris is my fav character of this game, she looks really cool in the samurai armor :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Ashley-pie/Samurai4_zps7caf689d.gif

PoolHandMan
01-07-2013, 03:19 AM
I like your name, it is fun to say, and it's always good to see more musicians around the place. What are some of your favourite bands?

I really like Oasis, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Queens of the stone age... when it comes to metal I like Killswitch engage, as i lay dying, In flames, there are lots and lots of bands that I like one post wouldn't be enough :)
what about you?

hey faris I like this one too:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/191/faris.png
pretty cute huh? and deadly. Equip her with red slippers, rainbow dress and chicken knife and she deals 5000 damage with her Sword Dance :cool:

Pheesh
01-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Oh awesome. I love RAtM, they were the second best live act I ever saw, so much energy. I like most of the early 90's grunge era bands (Soundgarden, The Smashing Pumpkins etc) and a lot of Prog/Alt. Rock bands (Karnivool, Skyharbor, A Perfect Circle). Also started getting into Djent music more recently, so I have a pretty wide range of tastes.

Have you been playing very long?

Faris
01-07-2013, 03:40 AM

I really like Oasis, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Queens of the stone age... when it comes to metal I like Killswitch engage, as i lay dying, In flames, there are lots and lots of bands that I like one post wouldn't be enough :)
what about you?

hey faris I like this one too:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/191/faris.png
pretty cute huh? and deadly. Equip her with red slippers, rainbow dress and chicken knife and she deals 5000 damage with her Sword Dance :cool:

Oh man xD You should check out the FF Ciddies thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/eoff-archived-awards/147286-final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-ciddies-winners-ceremony.html). I used that sprite in almost all of my posts. I'm sure it irritated many people!

Night Fury
01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy!
Please come check out the chatroom when you get a chance!

Nice to meet you!

Have a cookie~! :cookie:

PoolHandMan
01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh awesome. I love RAtM, they were the second best live act I ever saw, so much energy. I like most of the early 90's grunge era bands (Soundgarden, The Smashing Pumpkins etc) and a lot of Prog/Alt. Rock bands (Karnivool, Skyharbor, A Perfect Circle). Also started getting into Djent music more recently, so I have a pretty wide range of tastes.

I play since I was 12 years old, so I've been playing for 10 years now. But believe it or not I don't know much about theory (scales and stuff) and I'm beginning to study it now. what about you?

Faris, you should use that sprite again soon hahaha

hey lockharted thx for the welcome, I'll certainly check the chat later! :)
PS: Cookies are always a good idea!

Boy, I gotta learn how to quote different people in the same post, is that possible?

Bubba
01-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I like to play guitar too

You are most welcome here! :D

Jinx
01-07-2013, 05:36 PM

I play since I was 12 years old, so I've been playing for 10 years now. But believe it or not I don't know much about theory (scales and stuff) and I'm beginning to study it now. what about you?

Faris, you should use that sprite again soon hahaha

hey lockharted thx for the welcome, I'll certainly check the chat later! :)
PS: Cookies are always a good idea!

Boy, I gotta learn how to quote different people in the same post, is that possible?

To the right of "reply with quote" there's a little speech bubble with a plus sign. Click as many of those as you want, and then the last reply you want to quote, hit "reply with quote."

Welcome to ze forums. :)