To Prove to Dad that I'm not a fool

I got my Lunch Packed up
My Boots Tied Tight
Hope i don't get in a Fight
Ohhhhhhh

Back to School
Back to School
Back to-

Who is going back to school, or work? Are you excited for a new semester, do you have any exciting plans?
Is there anything you're looking forward to?

Clo
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
I started teaching again & the kids are as stupid as ever.

Jowy
01-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Back to School
Back to School
To Prove to Dad that I'm not a fool

I got my Lunch Packed up
My Boots Tied Tight
Hope i don't get in a Fight
Ohhhhhhh

Back to School
Back to School
Back to-

Who is going back to school, or work? Are you excited for a new semester, do you have any exciting plans?
Is there anything you're looking forward to?

dat veronica vaughn is one hot piece of ace

i know from experience, dude.

Looking forward to the future, being five days into the new year I have no clue what lies ahead. Just possibilities that excite me!

Is this a food thread? I see Quina. I liked the square pizza we got in elementary school.

Faris
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm taking a course online, so I can do school work whenever I want :cool: so long as it's completed within 6 months

I am looking forward to finally having a clear night to use my telescope in and do a stargazing assignment.

jenovajunkie
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm taking a course online, so I can do school work whenever I want :cool: so long as it's completed within 6 months

I am looking forward to finally having a clear night to use my telescope in and do a stargazing assignment.

Did you know there is a comet or shooting star that's supposed to be visible near the end of the year?

Faris
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Did you know there is a comet or shooting star that's supposed to be visible near the end of the year?

Yup, "early November through the first few weeks of January 2014" Apparently it'll be so luminous that it could be visible during the day. (http://news.discovery.com/space/newly-found-comet-could-outshine-the-moon-121228.html#mkcpgn=rssnws1)

~*~Celes~*~
01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
back to work off of maternity leave on Monday. We need the money and i miss my co workers. thats about it.

Raistlin
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I started work again on Wednesday, after a week-and-a-half vacation. It seemed very short after having a month off for winter consistently for the past 7 years through college and law school.

Bunny
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
School starts up on the 22nd. I'm not really looking forward to it because I'm getting bored of listening to teachers drone on and on. Also stupid students. You'd think people in upper division courses wouldn't be brain dead but you would be wrong.

kotora
01-05-2013, 10:02 PM
My exchange period here in Lisbon is coming to an end so in a few weeks time I'll actually have to start doing work for school again. At least my liver will have some peace again. I wanna get all the work done so I can finally graduate and leave the country.

jenovajunkie
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Well I don't know about you, but I am excited to research! And learn about the psychology of emotion!

krissy
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
back 2 da game
hello ladieeeesss

Shlup
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
The busy season just ended at work, so I can finally go back to part-time hours. Between Disney and Etsy, I haven't done anything but work since Black Friday. Seriously. I'm fucking exhausted.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-06-2013, 12:56 AM
I start student teaching in a week, which will be pretty crazy. Also, I'm taking an online class which I have zero interest in, so that should be fun.

Shlup
01-06-2013, 01:17 AM
I start student teaching in a week, which will be pretty crazy. Also, I'm taking an online class which I have zero interest in, so that should be fun.

Good luck with that. Is it 20 weeks of full-time unpaid work, plus classes? That's what I had to do. Brutal.

Though it cemented my love of teaching kindergarten. Too bad I couldn't get a job actually teaching that grade level...

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-06-2013, 01:47 AM
I have my EPA certification exams this Friday. I've been in school for HVACR (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration) for the past 2 months. I'm the only student in the class that my teacher has taken on a few side jobs with him, and he's always showing me WAY more than the curriculum calls for. I'm just hoping to earn an EPA Universal Certification this Friday, which means I can work with any type of refrigerants and appliances.

After the exams, class continues until February 4th, and then I'm planning to enter the field as an apprentice and hopefully get a start to my career.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Good luck with that. Is it 20 weeks of full-time unpaid work, plus classes? That's what I had to do. Brutal.

Yeah, that's about what it will be like. It'll be about 16 weeks. I've actually had a lot of issues already. I should have met my cooperating teacher at the beginning of the break, but I have never gotten any replies to my emails. Also, I was told I may be changing schools by the person in charge of our placements, but she never got back to me about that. I'm kind of in limbo.

I only have one class (plus the seminar for student teaching), and it's an online, accelerated class. That'll give me at least half of the semester to only worry about my student teaching. Of course, I also have to put together my final portfolio to graduate, and that is due around week 7 of the semester. That's what is going to suck.

As a side note, I'm doing high school English. I wouldn't be very good with kindergartners, I don't think.

DMKA
01-06-2013, 02:59 AM
I run a florist so work never actually stops for me, and holidays just mean more work than usual.

Ouch!
01-06-2013, 06:07 AM
I got back to the office on Wednesday. I only just started the job on December 3rd before the offices closed for the last two weeks of the year (10 days paid vacation after working for only three weeks? Score!), so I was still pretty excited to get back in the swing of things. It also helps that working for a publishing company in Manhattan is kind of a dream-come-true.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Classes again starting Monday, yay~

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 06:12 AM
I start A-levels and sixth form again on Tuesday, because my school is odd. And straight back into EXAM SEASON. Hardly a nice start. *Shudder*

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah I work retail so the only day off I had was Christmas.

dat veronica vaughn is one hot piece of ace

i know from experience, dude.

No you don't :smug:

Pike
01-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah I work retail so the only day off I had was Christmas.

This, although I got lucky and got the day after off as well.

No big plans other than keep saving up money and also play all of my Steam games (lol no that's not going to happen give it up already Pike)

Pheesh
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah, back to work on Tuesday. I got a pay rise just before Christmas and I should be pretty flat out for most of the year, which is great cause I'm just saving, saving, saving. Hopefully towards the end of the year I'll have enough put away to give myself options with travel/moving/whatever I want.

Aulayna
01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
You people and your vacations...

jenovajunkie
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
You people and your vacations...

If it makes you feel better, I was sick 5/7 of the 2 weeks I had off. I had my jacket stolen, and spend new years not enjoying myself. I've lost a ton of mass and my 2013 is going to be an uphill battle. I also found out my new roommates are fucking pigs.

Gogolian
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Remember when your parent's say to you that work sucks and school years are the best?
Well... It's bull:poo:! xD Wooooooohooooooooo!

Night Fury
01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
I have 1 more week left, but I will be at Uni anyway finishing off my assignments in the computer suites. YEY FOR STRESSED LOCKY!

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2013, 10:42 PM
In roughly a fortnight, I start teaching in China. Pretty exciting for my first teaching position. :D

Jinx
01-06-2013, 11:13 PM

Yeah, that's about what it will be like. It'll be about 16 weeks. I've actually had a lot of issues already. I should have met my cooperating teacher at the beginning of the break, but I have never gotten any replies to my emails. Also, I was told I may be changing schools by the person in charge of our placements, but she never got back to me about that. I'm kind of in limbo.

I only have one class (plus the seminar for student teaching), and it's an online, accelerated class. That'll give me at least half of the semester to only worry about my student teaching. Of course, I also have to put together my final portfolio to graduate, and that is due around week 7 of the semester. That's what is going to suck.

As a side note, I'm doing high school English. I wouldn't be very good with kindergartners, I don't think.

Where are you student teaching?

Class starts in 8 days. :(

Crop
01-07-2013, 12:38 AM
I spent the last week I had off being unable to eat or talk as I had my beautiful lower lip bitten off by a dog and my upper lip ripped up too.

I start a new job on Monday though...later today now I guess, it's good pay and is a 10 minute walk from where I live, so a good start to 2013.

Araciel
01-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Gotta get promoted and go back to only 40 hrs per week.