PDA

View Full Version : Make it stop!!

Faris
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Argh, I have the hiccups right now and they are driving me absolutely bonkers. Every one of my methods to make it stop hasn't worked so far.

What's your cure for these ungodly diaphragm twitches?

The Man
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Usually if I lay down for awhile they stop. Unfortunately when I get back up they sometimes start up again.

Also, try drinking a lot of water.

Psychotic
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
When I was at school, a classmate had hiccups for two days straight and had to go to hospital after he stopped breathing while sleeping. JUST TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER :)

The doctors just had him run really hard on a treadmill for 10 minutes or so and it fixed him. Exercise is the medical cure apparently!

Sephex
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I hate it when I have hiccups on the toilet. It just makes things awkward for all orifices.

I guess that's my advice.

Jowy
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Hold your breath and do a head stand. Exhale slowly as you place your feet back on the ground.

Faris
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Just finished drinking 1L of water after a work out and that won't scare me because I already fear that my head will explode from hiccuping too much.

I laughed at something and it stopped for now. SWEET FREEDOM!

Shorty
01-05-2013, 09:07 PM
The one time I've been able to stop hiccups was when I put a kitchen towel over a cup of water and drank it upside down.

Sounds silly, but it worked.

Old Manus
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I go to watch Swansea play. It seems high blood pressure, anger, followed by despair and alcoholic oblivion works every time.

Jinx
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
The one time I've been able to stop hiccups was when I put a kitchen towel over a cup of water and drank it upside down.Sounds silly, but it worked.Hey, this is my family's hiccup-cure all! :D Sadly, it has never worked for me. :(Unfortunately I can't offer advice, cos I have those hiccups that shake your whole body, and hurt your chest, and are very unlady-like.Funny recent story. I was in the car with the boys and couldn't stop hiccuping. John asks, "Well, why don't you hold your breath for a long time." It's silent for a few seconds, then from the back Josh asks, "Do you want me to scare you, Sam?"

Shorty
01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I never knew anyone else had heard of it!

My uncle used to tell me he would give me $5 if I could hiccup for him on command when I had the hiccups. I never got any money :aimmad:

Raistlin
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Slow, deep breaths and drinking something in big swallows usually helps me, eventually. I actually haven't had the hiccups in a long time, though now that I just realized that fact I expect them to happen any moment now.

Chris
01-05-2013, 11:01 PM
I have one or two, and then it usually passes. Never had an "attack" before. Sounds very dramatic.

NorthernChaosGod
01-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I once came back from a night of drinking and had a really bad case of the hiccups that lasted at least 30 minutes. I had little to drink, but I feel like it made me look like a drunk. :(

Parker
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
i hold my breath until i pass out and have a wonderful dream

Aulayna
01-06-2013, 05:28 PM
I usually just put a tv show on or play a game. As soon as my mind is distracted by something else they go away pretty quickly.

If I'm conscious of the fact I'm hiccuping though they can go on for ages...

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Step 1: Fill up pint glass with water.
Step 2: Hold breath as much as possible. Then inhale even more, until you're completely full.
Step 3: Down the water. Don't pussy out and sip it; down it, Fresher.
Step 4: Continue holding breath.
Step 5: Exhale when it hurts.
Step 6: Stand still in expectation/fear that they might return.
Step 7: Rejoice that this method worked.
Step 8: Pay me money.

Pumpkin
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
This works for me everytime:

I put a lot of water in my mouth and then swallow it in one big gulp. It usually hurts a little, because, like I said, a lot of water, but it always gets rid of them for me.