PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Confessions

Freya
01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
I've never played VII.
I've never beat anything lower than IX.
I haven't got far enough in VI to really experience Kefka.
I've never played II or III.
I've only played 30 mins of I.

That changes today though! Some guy just left VII and VIII for the ps1 at my work. Got them FOR FREE. The second disc on VIII is pretty scratched but now I actually own 7-13.

Go ahead, confess about FF. It's not unpopular opinions like that other thread. We've admitted our likes and dislikes. This is what have you been lying/coming off as you know about. I know the stories, I write articles about them. I just personally haven't played 7 or been past the first disc in 8.

VeloZer0
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Why do I think this thread will be bookmarked by everyone for dirt to bring up in debates for years to come?

I never actually beat FF8. (I put it down right at the start of disk 4.)
I never actually played FF2 legitimately. (All you FF2 players know what I mean)

noshowmillk
01-05-2013, 11:32 PM
I never played FF5.

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
I've never played I-VI.

While I find IX to be decent, it's definitely not my favourite Final Fantasy. It hasn't aged well, and it should have been on PS2.

I actually really enjoyed XIII and XIII-2.

I never bothered with the Speed Square in VII. Damn roller-coaster...

I suck at Triple Triad, majorly so.

I have never achieved 200 lightning strikes, 0:00:00 or could be asked with Blitzball.

I was angry for an entire week, whilst I was attempting to get Danjuro, and getting an early diamond armlet.

Bolivar
01-06-2013, 02:02 AM
I've only really given Triple Triad a real shot on maybe 2 out of countless playthroughs of FFVIII. For some reason I just think Tetra Master is my thing.

I've never beaten Emerald/Ruby weapon. In fact, the only superboss I may have actually beaten is Ozma. I don't remember if FFVI had one, but I have done just about everything on at least one playthrough, so maybe that's another?

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
I've never beaten anything after X. The idea of X-2 is incredibly lame to me, the battle system of XII really pushed me away, and I was about 30 hours deep into XIII but my Xbox hard drive became corrupt. I've also never played any of the VII spin offs.

I actually really really like FFX. Don't get me wrong, its no VI or IX, but it really is a GREAT game. I had no idea people didn't like the game until I checked on the internet.

Don't know about the general feelings behind VIII but I didn't like it.

VI is my favorite game in the series. I've always wanted to play the GBA version, but the difference in translation on a lot of things makes me feel like it's wrong and I just can't do it. I can't call Cyan's SwdTech "Bushido" after calling it SwdTech for 10 years!

Scotty_ffgamer
01-06-2013, 02:13 AM
I have never played II, III, V, XIII-2. Also, I have never beat XII or Tactics. I own all of them and plan to beat them someday, though.

I actually really like X-2. The story is not good for the most part, but the gameplay was a lot of fun.

The only time I've played through all of VII, I used a Gameshark. I was still in Elementary school and thought the actual gameplay was boring. I just wanted the story. Every time I've played it since, I have never actually gotten to the point where you can leave Midgar. Something else always comes up/I get bored. I'll beat it without cheating someday.

Shorty
01-06-2013, 03:23 AM
The space scene in FFVIII makes me sob salty oceans of shame.

The Man
01-06-2013, 03:24 AM
I have never been able to play FFI, FFII, or FFIII for more than about thirty minutes each.

I have also never played more than about an hour of FFVIII or FFX-2, and have not played any games in the series released after FFX-2.

Finally, I couldn't even get past the intro of FFT. I am really terrible at strategy games.

Raistlin
01-06-2013, 03:27 AM
I've never played II, as well as any of the spin-off games and sequels except for FFTA (FFT is not a spin-off :mad2:). I've also never beaten III, IV, and VIII.

I heartily enjoy FFVII, and it is the FF I have beaten the most. That's probably confession-worthy around here.

Del Murder
01-06-2013, 03:39 AM
I only played FFXIII-2 because I attended the SE event and also got a copy of the game for free.

I still think Versus XIII will come out for a system I own.

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 03:48 AM
I only played FFXIII-2 because I attended the SE event and also got a copy of the game for free.

Did they start giving the game out for free then? :p

Pumpkin
01-06-2013, 04:52 AM
IX is my favorite, by far.

I have never played much of VI or VII.

I've never played IV.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-06-2013, 06:56 AM
I hate random battles. It makes me unable to play the older games for extended periods of time...

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 07:06 AM
I hate random battles. It makes me unable to play the older games for extended periods of time...

There's a reason why "No Encounters" was perhaps the only redeeming feature for me in FFX :p

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Oiy...

Despite how much love I give to FFXII, I've only beaten it once and I never have been able to finish a second playthrough cause something always comes up. FFII is also in the same boat, though my last playthrough is saved before the Jade Passage (second to last dungeon in the game for those who don't know) whereas in FFXII I just finished the Sandsea.

Despite how much criticism I give it, I think its safe to say that VII is my second most played FF title. On that note, I always struggle to play through the game after leaving Midgard and I really have a hard time getting through the second disc for various reasons.

Even though IX is my favorite of the PS1 titles, I've played it the least amount of times.

I have a really hard time playing through FFTactics (or the FFTA series) cause I've learned I'm a pretty casual fan of SRPGs and have a difficult time not min/max to the point of boredom and never finish the games. I still haven't finished War of the Lions.

I've never played FFXIII-2 in any way, I have the free demo on my PS3 and I just can't bring myself to play it.

I've never gotten the Adamant Armor in FFIV, ever...

Even though I dislike FFX, I actually have a framed poster from the game that is one of Amano's designs hanging on my wall.

Despite my strong dislike of the VII Compilation series, I really enjoy Last Order, and I was disappointed that Crisis Core wasn't more like it.

Loony BoB
01-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I've never played Final Fantasy Tactics.

I've owned Dirge of Cerberus for probably over a year and haven't touched it once, despite being a massive FFVII fanboy.

I think Aeris is actually a pretty awesome character in Crisis Core, despite my notable dislike for her in VII & Advent Children.

maybee
01-06-2013, 10:03 AM
I just got passed FF VII & FF VIII last year after meaning attempts in the past, to complete the game, to only get up to the last dungeon and then chicken out thinking that I'm going to fail.

Despite thinking that Sephiroth is just a lame "mamma's boy " now, I actually used to have a strong fear of him and I used to fear being killed by him in-game, it gave me the shudders.

When I first heard One Winged Angel I almost had a heart-attack and died. Omg....

Pete for President
01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I never beat VI and while there are many memorable moments in the game, there are just as many flaws in design that just keep me from finishing it.

I don't own FFT even though it's one of the best RPG's I ever played and finished. However, act 1 is as good as it'll ever get.

I'm not a fan of XII, but when I think back to the game I do get an urge to play it again. I blame the superb sound design and the few but memorable locales like Rabanastre, Bhujerba and the pirate town. I once attempted a second playthrough, but quickly realized my urge was based on very small bits of the game. It's not worth going through all the filler for just these moments.

I really had to push myself to keep playing through disc 2 and 3 of IX. If only they cut the filler out of these bits, IX would be near perfect even with it's age.

Gamblet
01-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I used a map guide and save states to complete FF III on NES... OH THE SHAME. :(

Night Fury
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I actually loved X-2 for the cheese factor.

I also enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus.

Goldenboko
01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
What. What is this. That's it Kaycee, I'm kicking you out of the editing team tiil you do your homework :colbert:

Faris
01-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Got right to the end boss but did not finish: FFI, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFX-2.

Even though my SN is from FFV, I've never actually played or seen it in action until 2-3 years after I joined.

Own FFIII on DS. Can't stand the graphics so I won't play it.

I used FFX-2 to help me fall asleep while I played through it. Speaking of FFX-2, aside from the lengthy dress sphere change, the battle system was the most enjoyable.

I own FFXIII and it has yet to see the light of day or be introduced to my XBox.

I have not and have very little interest in playing the spin offs from the main series.

Love FF's music and score but I will mute the game and listen to something else while playing.

Out of all the games I've finished, I have yet to fully replay FFVII and FFXII.

Pike
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I've only beaten like three FFs.

There are about three more where I've gotten to the last quarter of the game before quitting for some reason.

All of the other FFs I've never gotten more than halfway through, if I've played them at all.

Tactics Advance is my favorite FF. haters gonna hate

NinjaCoachZ
01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
On my first playthrough of FFVII, I used a walkthrough for the whole thing because I had no clue what to do.

I've never gotten to play V even though I really want to; it and III are the only non-MMO numbered games I don't have. I'm thinking of waiting until they do a remake for 3DS, but I'm not sure if that'll happen.

I really liked what I played of FFXIII, greatly enjoyed the music, graphics, character designs, voice acting, and especially the battle system, but I only got up to Lindblum because my PS3 crapped out and has trouble reading dual-layer discs. :/

Yar
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM
My favorite FF's are II, V, and VIII, which are probably three of the least liked ones on this site :p

chionos
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I haven't finished FFXIII.

Chocobos are ugly, not cute.

I enjoy Blitzball more than some FFs.

I say FFVI, FFIX, and FFXII are my favorites, but I've played FFVII more than anything. REMAKE THE DAMN GAME, SE YOU STUPID DOUCHEBAGS, I DON'T WANT A MOVIE, A SPINOFF, A COMIC, OR ANYTHING ELSE, JUST CLOUD, TIFA, AND CID WITH FREAKING MOUTHS AND HANDS

I like Yuffie.

I think the two best love stories in all of FF are Beatrix/Steiner and Balthier/Fran.

Zidane+Garnet=>Stupid
Cloud+Aeris=>Stupid
Relm+Edgar=>Ewww
Kefka+Kefka=>Compelling, but the writers didn't take it anywhere.
Cloud+Tifa=>Stupid
Tidus+Yuna=>theStupidest
Cecil+Rosa=>Stupid
Wakka+Lulu=>Seriously!? (I mean, I know what he sees in her, but...)

Jowy
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I didn't have any weapons or armour equipped on my characters for Final Fantasy NES until I got to Bikke the pirate. No wonder I thought the game was extremely hard! I also quit playing the NES version after the class change because of how ridiculous the character sprites looked. Eventually beat the PS1 and GBA version though.

I emulated FFII and couldn't figure out how the leveling system worked and never gave it a fair chance until the GBA rerelease.

FFIII was fun until I hit "load state" at Garuda instead of "save state" and was back at Hyne. I bought the DS version and quit playing it after two days so I just gave it to Jebus.

I have purchased FFIV five times throughout my life. SNES, PS1, GBA, DS, and PSP versions. I'll probably buy it again on iOS as it is a remake of the DS version which I've never finished because Bahamut is hard. I have played through all of the other incarnations countless times either via emulation or on the actual console. I also grinded out five sets of Adamant armour on the SNES version...with fast forwarding speeds anyway.

I'm not man enough to kill the Gil Turtle in FFV. smurf that guy. And I gave up on the bonus dungeon in FFV Advance because catching monsters is asinine.

Until the SNES cartridge battery eventually died, every character except for Gogo and Umaro had all of the available spells learned and were sitting around level 80-99. I have six Lightbringers and Ultima Weapons on my FFVI Advance save. I also turned Relm into an unstoppable killing machine with an obnoxiously high magic stat via esper leveling bonuses. Low level magic does at least 3000 damage a cast.

I got FFVII in 97 and didn't finish it until '02. Never cared enough to go through the Northern Cave.

I spent twenty hours playing Triple Triad in FFVIII to get a Lionheart on disc one. I stopped playing once I got to Disc 3.

I've tried to play through FFIX but I get bored every time Garnet loses her voice and stop playing.

I have been stuck at Sin in FFX since 2006. I got FFX-2 for Christmas and didn't open it for three months afterwards because I wanted to finish FFX first. Realizing that wasn't ever happening, I got $6.00 in store credit for it at GameStop.

Never gave FFXI a fair try. I just ran around being obnoxious.

I picked up FFXII at midnight and GameStop had a costume contest. Someone showed up dressed as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill and was slowly lumbering towards the store from the dimly lit parking lot. I saw him outside of the picture window and it scared the smurf out of me. Also quit playing FFXII at the Stilshrine of Miriam.

I turned FFXIII off after five minutes of auto-battle doing everything and decided to watch TV instead.

And lastly, totaling up my save times on the PS1 memory cards, I think I have at least 300 hours of my childhood devoted to FFT. :aimsun:

Raistlin
01-06-2013, 09:17 PM
I didn't have any weapons or armour equipped on my characters for Final Fantasy NES until I got to Bikke the pirate. No wonder I thought the game was extremely hard!

Ahahahaha

Jinx
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Barret and Red XIII were the only good playable characters in FFVII.

Despite hating FFVIII, I actually like Quistis.

Fran and Sir Fratley could've had one of the greatest love stories in the series, but Square dropped the ball.

l love FFX, and think it has a great story.

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
I've only played through FFVII once, and the last save is at the beginning on the Northern Crater. I just didn't care enough to complete the game.

Polnareff
01-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Other than the soundtrack, I hate FFIV. Well, all of the versions except the DS version.

Loved Tetra Master and hated Triple Triad.

Despite IX being one of my favorites, I've only beaten it twice.

I like FFXII: Revenant Wings better than XII itself.

I have never beaten the NES version of FFII (though I don't think a lot of people have)

I didn't know Final Fantasy Adventure was the first Seiken Densetsu game until I was 18 years old

I loved Cait Sith and Yuffie, and never saw the big deal about Vincent.

chionos
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Fran and Sir Fratley could've had one of the greatest love stories in the series, but Square dropped the ball.

O_O

So true!

Bolivar
01-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Damn it seems like Jowy really didn't care for the entire series!

Raistlin
01-07-2013, 03:11 AM
I loved Cait Sith and Yuffie, and never saw the big deal about Vincent.

Oh yes, this reminds me: I liked both Caith Sith and Yuffie, and actually like the Wutai sidequest.

black orb
01-07-2013, 05:19 AM
>>> Im torturing myself with FF13-2 right now..:luca:

BTW, XIII is better.. I cant believe how bad game can get even worse.

Forsaken Lover
01-07-2013, 05:27 AM
I made it all the way through FF2 to the endgame where Leon rejoins the party.
Then I quit.

I have no friggin' idea why.

maybee
01-07-2013, 08:02 AM
It took me a decade to complete FF VI. I couldn't get passed the Floating Continent. );

FF VI used to be my least favourite FF because of this.

Despite loathing FF XII, I really like Fran.

NorthernChaosGod
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I've never beaten Tactics or IX and I've never played any FF after X.

Mahad
06-28-2013, 06:56 AM
I haven't beaten Feral Chaos yet. I don't even now where to find him.

DanielCLFFF13
06-28-2013, 07:07 AM
I've never played any Final Fantasy series :(

TheDesertedOne
06-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Despite being stuck at Barthandelus II (end of Chapter 11) since Spring Break, I actually really like FFXIII and think it is really over-hated by some people. I would play XIII-2 if I could just finish the damn game already.

FFVI may be one of my favorite games of all time (it would be in my top 3 if I made a list), but I regularly took day-long breaks because I found the process of grinding 12 of my characters to level 50 or above to be tedious.

My brother was expecting more gameplay than textboxes/cutscenes in FFVII, so he was disappointed with the game. Because the community heaps praise upon that game, he is hesitant to play other games in the series in which similar praise is heaped upon (namely VI, IX, and X). However, he is interested in FFVIII because he thought Squall was a badass (judging from his appearances in the Kingdom Hearts games).

This same brother is interested in FFIV.

I have only recently started playing Final Fantasy games and VI is the only one I have beaten out of the two that I've played.

Mahad
06-29-2013, 07:48 AM
I generally enjoy the side games more than the main series games. For example, all the tactics games are just great.

Mirage
06-29-2013, 10:29 AM
I never finished 1-3, but I have at least played them!

I never finished Tactics because I thought the control scheme was totally archaic, and I had gotten used to much more streamlined controls from the Disgaea games.

I never had a PS1 or a SNES so I played all pre-7 FFs on emulators the first time I played them. I also played the PC version of both 7 and 8. I own all games from 4 to 13-2 on their original platforms now, though.

I think that's all, really.

Pike
06-29-2013, 10:34 AM
My favorite FFs are II, X, and Tactics Advance

Mirage
06-29-2013, 10:35 AM
That is... quite a confession.

The Man
06-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Although IX is my second favourite of the series, I've only played it once. I also have never seen any of the FMVs on the first disc because my copy of the disc was too scratched for them to play.

Come to think of it I've also only played VII and X once and I don't remember if I've ever actually finished VII or just watched the ending elsewhere. I've also never been able to bring myself to complete a replay of FFIV, despite quite appreciating its story. V and VI are the only games in the series I've beaten repeatedly.

Pumpkin
06-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Play IX again Aaron. Do it for the children.

ScottNUMBERS
06-30-2013, 12:12 AM
IX's ending makes me cry every single time.

FFXII's ending also makes me cry.

FFX-2 makes me cry all the way through.

Dagger/Garnet is hot.

comma
06-30-2013, 01:32 AM
I never finished playing XII, even though I liked it a lot. It got too hard at a certain point, and I had to grind for hours just to get to an appropriate level. Killed my interest.

I've only ever beaten each game once (except for twice with FF Tactics), as far as I can remember, but I've started files in VII, VIII, and IX more times than I can count.

The first time I played FFVII, I got more than two-thirds of the way through the game when my memory card went corrupt. I cried for at least an hour.

Shorty
06-30-2013, 07:48 AM
I have Final Fantasy IV, V and VI and an entire Nintendo system to play them on that I was given three months ago sitting in my entertainment center and I still have yet to touch them.

Mercen-X
06-30-2013, 08:29 AM
I never beat the Nintendo FFs. I've gotten close to the end of I and IV but have only just started the others (still haven't played III).
I still can't beat Ruby or Emerald.
In particular when it comes to FFVII, I have been guilty of Bookmarking more times than I count. I've beaten the game using the same save file about eight times.
I lost my copy of FF8. Funny, I still had booklets. Actually, I think I recently found the discs. Now I've lost the booklets.
I wrack my brain how anyone beats Ozma or obtains Steiner's Ultima II.
I still refuse to pay for FFXI. Though I've never researched to learn if there is a free-to-play. Then again, I'd have to buy the bigger PS2 to play it, wouldn't I?
I stopped playing XII months ago.

It's hardly a confession at this point, but... I love the VII compilation despite its flaws and still wish for BC to be brought overseas.

noxious.sunshine
06-30-2013, 10:35 PM
I actually cried when Cait Sith jumped in the temple to get the black materia and was glad when Aeris kicked the bucket finally. She's worthless.

Hollycat
06-30-2013, 10:45 PM
I never finished X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, or 3.

I made it to the last boss fight of ten and was like, "screw this!"
I'd already been exposed the spoilers, so I never went back to it.

I got to the open area of XIII and just quit.

I got stuck in the mini section of 3 and never finished.

I've never played 11.

Despite owning the collection, I've never watched FF adventure.

Mercen-X
07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
I've enjoyed watching Legend of the Crystals, own The Spirits Within (though it's unopened as I've already seen before), however, I've never watched the Unlimited anime. I've also never played TA, WotL, GotR, Crystal Chronicles, Crystal Bearers, 4HoL, or RW and I haven't even finished the opening sequence to FFT. I also still have to get my PSP's screen repaired (or buy a new PSP) before I can finish Crisis Core.

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2013, 02:08 AM
I've never beaten 7 - 10. X-2 was the first one I ever beat, but never 100%. I just played 12 for the first time this past fall/winter. The ending was pretty anticlimactic for me.

Shorty
07-01-2013, 05:10 AM
I never finished X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, or 3.

hahahaha oh man, I did this exact same thing

Yerushalmi
07-02-2013, 06:21 AM
I've never hidden this, but I used walkthroughs to beat FFI and FFII (FFI because it was my first FF game and I was unsure of myself, and FFII because at the time I only had the ability to play once every couple of weeks and needed a walkthrough to remember where the heck I was up to).
And I admit outright in my profile that I didn't play any FF games as a child and am therefore only now filling in the hole in my education. FFVI and counting...

comma
07-02-2013, 06:30 AM

hahahaha oh man, I did this exact same thing
Don't worry, guys, nothing happens after you beat the boss. I think the credits actually start rolling before the fight is over, and the difficulty is in finishing the fight before they end.

maybee
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
I love Tactics A and Tactics A2 but hate the original Tactics game.

It's just so dull from the A games and yeah I did start with the A games and then play the original.

Aulayna
07-02-2013, 03:22 PM
I offered to dress up as Aerith to get a friend to let me borrow FFVIII as my parents wouldn't buy it for me.

Formalhaut
07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I've never hidden this, but I used walkthroughs to beat FFI and FFII (FFI because it was my first FF game and I was unsure of myself, and FFII because at the time I only had the ability to play once every couple of weeks and needed a walkthrough to remember where the heck I was up to).
And I admit outright in my profile that I didn't play any FF games as a child and am therefore only now filling in the hole in my education. FFVI and counting...

I use a walkthrough for pretty much EVERY game I play. It's primarily because I hate dying in games, so I try to avoid that wherever possible.

Pumpkin
07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I use walkthroughs in games I've already completed, to get stuff I missed.

Except IX. Never used a walkthrough for IX. I'll just play it over and over to find the new stuff myself.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2013, 05:07 PM
o.o;;; I got to Jecht on Steroids and kept dying. And now I'm much too lazy to go beef everyone up more as the only option is going to the Omega Ruins for lvl 3 & 4 key spheres and that's pretty much a joke at this point 'cuz it just is.

I may get unlazy and start all over again, though... IDK.. with the release of the HD versions around the corner, I'll probably wait.

Snakz92
07-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I own Final Fantasy's 1-12 and i've only completed IX,I,and uhhh Thats it! LOL

I Normally get to the end of each game but never completing it.

Spongeworthy
08-25-2013, 04:21 AM
I haven't beaten anything from 1-6:
-Played a few hours into 1 before getting bored
-Gave up on 2 out of sheer frustration only a mere hour in
-3 I played on a DS emulator; I would have kept playing but the lag on the emulator was too much for me to want to deal with
-4 I played to the last dungeon before putting it down; still have no idea why I didn't finish
-Played 5 all the way up to the Neo-Exdeath fight, died, and then put it down; no idea why I didn't try again
-Was about to tackle Kefka's tower in 6 before my save file was lost forever

Played about 6 hours into 12 before putting it down and eventually selling it to a friend; frustratingly enough, I now have the urge to give it a fair shot. I honestly don't remember a damn thing about the game

I thought Adel had tremendous presence as a villain and that there was sooooo much untapped potential there. I still believe she should have been the primary antagonist of FF8

I like FF9 less every time I play it (still like it though)

Never bothered with XI or XIV and have no desire to play either to this day

I despise Crisis Core for one reason- it kills the big twist revealed in FF7. When the truth about Cloud's past was revealed the first time I'd played, I got goosebumps. Years later, I had convinced a friend of mine to give FF7 a shot, not having known he had played CC. Though I never said anything, it angered me that he already knew what happened in Nibelheim and therefore had simply sped through the flashbacks; I was bothered that he was not able to experience the revelation the way I did.

I found FFX to be the easiest installment in the series, BY FAR. I can recall dreading the Yunalesca battle due to prior warnings, only to be let down when it was a mere cakewalk. To this day, I have not seen the game over screen having played the game on more than one occassion.

I found much of FF7's second disc to be extremely tedious; I figure you will know what I'm referring to

The Extreme (FF8) is my favorite final boss theme in the entire series, and yes I have heard them all

I do not find the love story between Squall and Rinoa to be contrived or rushed

Alot of people claim they would have been embarassed to have someone walk in on them playing FFX during the haha scene, yeah well, imagine having your mother walk in on you while you were trying to find Leblanc's "sweet spot"

Spooniest
08-25-2013, 05:54 AM
When Final Fantasy VII came out, I badgered my mom into taking me to Video Games Etc., and when she found out how much it was, she told me we couldn't afford it. I threw a crying fit right in the store (it was pretty dramatic), and she finally relented and bought it for me.

Mo-Nercy
08-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I bought XIII and XIII-2 on release - got to Chapter 11 on XIII and stopped, watched the ending on YouTube. Never even touched XIII-2 - traded them both in after a few months.

I've never played Tactics.

I broke my own rule of not using guides/walkthroughs on the first playthrough with FFXII, because the game's just too damn big and I really wanted Zodiac Spear.

I actually love the Junction system in FFVIII.

And Blitzball in X is a lot of fun too.

Gamblet
08-25-2013, 11:28 PM
I despise Crisis Core for one reason- it kills the big twist revealed in FF7. When the truth about Cloud's past was revealed the first time I'd played, I got goosebumps. Years later, I had convinced a friend of mine to give FF7 a shot, not having known he had played CC. Though I never said anything, it angered me that he already knew what happened in Nibelheim and therefore had simply sped through the flashbacks; I was bothered that he was not able to experience the revelation the way I did.

I hate when people play a spinoff/sequel before the original game. :mad2:

comma
08-26-2013, 02:57 AM
I despise Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi for one reason- it kills the big twist revealed in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. When the truth about Luke's father was revealed the first time I'd seen the movie, I got goosebumps. Years later, I had convinced a friend of mine to give Empire a shot, not having known he had seen Jedi. Though I never said anything, it angered me that he already knew what happened during the duel at Cloud City and therefore had simply sped through Empire; I was bothered that he was not able to experience the revelation the way I did.

Mercen-X
08-26-2013, 03:55 AM
:mock:
I threw a crying fit right in the store (it was pretty dramatic), and she finally relented and bought it for me.

Spongeworthy
08-26-2013, 06:58 AM
I despise Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi for one reason- it kills the big twist revealed in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. When the truth about Luke's father was revealed the first time I'd seen the movie, I got goosebumps. Years later, I had convinced a friend of mine to give Empire a shot, not having known he had seen Jedi. Though I never said anything, it angered me that he already knew what happened during the duel at Cloud City and therefore had simply sped through Empire; I was bothered that he was not able to experience the revelation the way I did.

No, this would be more akin to creating a Fight Club spinoff in which *spoilers I guess* Edward Norton's character is seen reenacting the scenes from Fight Club with Tyler Durden without Tyler Durden, nullifying the twist from Fight Club as a whole. Also, I mentioned that he sped through the flashbacks, not the entire game. Nice try though.

Chuck21
08-26-2013, 07:06 PM
I've played FFI all the way through. Never played FFII and only some of FFIII (though, I have seen my brother play them through). Played FFIV, FFVI, and FFVII to death. Never got into FFV but my brother liked it and FFVIII kinda made me mad with the way it turned out... I did like the gameplay though. I played FFIX (but not all the way through) and tried FFX. I just don't know what it was, I couldn't get into FF games after FFIX and, well, I haven't really had time for games after I started college.

[EDIT] P.S. Also, FF Tactics is my favorite one :D

comma
08-27-2013, 03:27 AM

No, this would be more akin to creating a Fight Club spinoff in which *spoilers I guess* Edward Norton's character is seen reenacting the scenes from Fight Club with Tyler Durden without Tyler Durden, nullifying the twist from Fight Club as a whole. Also, I mentioned that he sped through the flashbacks, not the entire game. Nice try though.Thank you. I still highlighted what's ridiculous about your complaint. You despise a game that's meant to be played after another game because it contains information in it that spoils the first game. Also, it angered and bothered you that someone had a different experience from you? Get a grip.

Spongeworthy
08-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Look man, you have your opinions and I have mine, if you see my complaint as ridiculous then that's fine by me; I only responded to you because your comparison itself wasn't apt. I have disagreed with many of the opinions posted in this thread, but I didn't bother responding to them because they are just that, opinions, and people are entitled to them; don't take mine so personally. For the record, I think CC is a fine game in and of itself, and maybe I should have mentioned that. I simply wanted someone to get the most out of something much like I had; I really don't see how that is such a terrible thing.

So to clear up any confusion, I do not hate Crisis Core itself and I do not hold any disdain toward my friend for it; if anything, I'm not fond of the unneccessary ovesaturation of a market that was perfectly fine to begin with, CC was simply the scapegoat in this instance as it never really makes itself known to casual gamers whether it is a sequel/prequel/spinoff, hence this instance. Anyhow, I digress.

Hollycat
08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Look man, you have your opinions and I have mine, if you see my complaint as ridiculous then that's fine by me; I only responded to you because your comparison itself wasn't apt. I have disagreed with many of the opinions posted in this thread, but I didn't bother responding to them because they are just that, opinions, and people are entitled to them; don't take mine so personally. For the record, I think CC is a fine game in and of itself, and maybe I should have mentioned that. I simply wanted someone to get the most out of something much like I had; I really don't see how that is such a terrible thing.

So to clear up any confusion, I do not hate Crisis Core itself and I do not hold any disdain toward my friend for it; if anything, I'm not fond of the unneccessary ovesaturation of a market that was perfectly fine to begin with, CC was simply the scapegoat in this instance as it never really makes itself known to casual gamers whether it is a sequel/prequel/spinoff, hence this instance. Anyhow, I digress.

I think there should be a disclaimer at the beginning that suggests playing ff7 first since this contains massive spoilers for 7.

Also, they should put it on VITA.