PDA

View Full Version : SHUT THIS CRAP OFF

Shorty
01-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Rantz and I tried to get through Beyond the Black Rainbow and we just couldn't do it. Slow moving, outrageously pretentious, boring, pretty much only one person speaking and when he does he's being a ridiculous creep. No possible way to understand what is going on in the plot at all atleast halfway into the movie, which is where we promptly shut it off.

Some things I did like about it, however, were the blatant combination of Lynchian and Kubrick tones and that was what originally attracked me to this film but it ended up being so dull and confusing that we just couldn't go on.

What films have you shut off halfway through? If none come to mind, what books have you had to drop in the middle because you can't continue any longer?

Shauna
01-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I try to watch all films through to the end. But last film I had to shut off?

Sharks in Venice. It was actually the most boring movie. Even a bottle of wine couldn't save this film. I don't know how they managed to get the movie so wrong. It's about sharks in Venice. How can this be messed up!?

Jowy
01-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Went on a date to see <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410297/>The Lake House</a> once. It was pretty bad and we both left halfway through.

Bunny
01-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Everything David Lynch touches is garbage.

I cannot count the number of films or television shows I have had to shut off because they were trash. I did walk out on Leatherheads though, which is remains the only film I have actually paid for and then left early. I almost​ walked out on Jarheads, but I didn't have a way to get back to base so I just slept through the rest of the movie.

Jinx
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Big Bang Theory. Generally, I give a show 3-5 episodes before I make a real judgement, because I know a show has to introduce its characters, plot, setting, etc, and that can take some time. I gave Big Bang Theory TWELVE EPISODES and did not laugh once. I wanted very badly to like that show, but I just find it really stupid and unfunny.

Pike
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I had to watch a buttload of movies in film school that I wished I didn't need to watch all the way through. xD

Shorty
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I think the only film I ever paid for at the theaters and then walked out of was Timeline. It was abhorrent.

Bubba
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
There were two films I couldn't continue watching as they was just too horrific. One was the gang rape of Jodie Foster in The Accused. The other was the torture of Christ in The Passion of the Christ. I mean having his eye ripped out by a mace... seriously? I don't remember that being mentioned in The Bible.

In terms of films I switched off because they were just bad...

- Monster's Ball (after the sex scene obviously)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (around the time Shia Lebeouf was swinging on vines with monkeys)
- Batman and Robin (pretty much as soon as I saw Batman's costume nipples...)

I also regret not walking out of Black Swan... the lesbian scene kept me interested enough to see it through till the end.

blackmage_nuke
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
The Star Wars Holiday Special
Mean Girls 2
Hunchback of Notre Dame 2

Though to be fair I shut them off 3-10 minutes in, not halfway through.

NeoCracker
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Very Rarely can I not sit through a bad movie.

Death bed was about it for me.

themagicroundabout
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell

Madame Adequate
01-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I wanted to walk out of Moulin Rouge but my then-girlfriend and her best friend were watching it so I was stuck. :( I did write a scathing review though, which offended my ex enormously.

I really hated having to watch The Bicylcle Thief and [/i]Umberto D.[/i] for my GCSE film class. God damn Italian Neo-Realism is the worst.

Citizen Bleys
01-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Les Miserables and Anna Karenina

Shorty
01-10-2013, 05:58 AM
I wanted to walk out of Moulin Rouge but my then-girlfriend and her best friend were watching it so I was stuck. :( I did write a scathing review though, which offended my ex enormously.

Moulin Rouge is so fucking terrible. I've had to block it out of my memory.

Pike
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I really hated having to watch The Bicylcle Thief and [/i]Umberto D.[/i] for my GCSE film class. God damn Italian Neo-Realism is the worst.

Okay Italian Neo-realism is terrible but Bicycle Thief was actually fantastic. 8 1/2, however, was not. Never watch that movie. I don't care what the professors tell you just DON'T DO IT

I think the only film I ever paid for at the theaters and then walked out of was Timeline. It was abhorrent.

It's really sad what happened to that movie because the book was so great.

Shorty
01-12-2013, 04:24 PM
That's exactly why I wanted to see it! I was very disappointed :(

Jowy
01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
I thought "Rubber" sounded interesting. But no, I really was just watching a tire roll around the desert. The description didn't lie to me at least.

TrollHunter
01-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Fullmetal alchemist and the sacred star of milos. This was last night.
It just... it was so boring, and the time it was set in confused the hell out of me.
I ended up just getting bored and started watching Cowboy bebop, which I promptly fell in love with.

I had to shut off a movie by the name of robot holocaust, but I have sense rewatched and finished it. It is the movie I consider the worst of the worst, and I have seen some serious trash. It's one of my favorite movies though, just because it's so bad it kicks ass ^^