PDA

View Full Version : Things you do that are annoying but you continue to do them anyway

Shorty
01-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I will slurp my soup like a five year-old and no one is going to stop me.

Rantz
01-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Maiming people.

Shauna
01-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Maiming people.

Is this related to the slurping of soup?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I tap. Constantly. Unless I am really concentrated on something.

I also pop all the joints in my hands whenever something intense happens in a movie. I don't usually even notice it until my wife hits me and tells me no.

CimminyCricket
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
My leg bounces constantly xD It drives a ton of people straight to crazyville.

Rantz
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Maiming people.

Is this related to the slurping of soup?

Yeah. Sarah finds it super annoying when I do it.

Jowy
01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
I really suck at keeping direct eye contact. They just dart in all sorts of directions and I just can't help it!

Aulayna
01-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Playing devils advocate.

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
I have a really annoying stammer that just never seems to die, and while other people *appear* to be okay with it, in their minds their probably going "oh just hurry up and finish your sentence"

Faris
01-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I can't sit still for long periods of time, constantly change my hair (up, down, messy bun, ponytail, hanging loose), and I crack my knuckles.

I really suck at keeping direct eye contact. They just dart in all sorts of directions and I just can't help it!

I don't know if it annoys people but I'm the same way. That whole shy demeanor of mine makes me want to stare at shoes and find dropped coins all the time.

Jowy
01-06-2013, 06:51 PM
I can't sit still for long periods of time, constantly change my hair (up, down, messy bun, ponytail, hanging loose), and I crack my knuckles.

I don't know if it annoys people but I'm the same way. That whole shy demeanor of mine makes me want to stare at shoes and find dropped coins all the time.

Ditto the joint cracking thing. I'll crack my knuckles and neck any time I'm not feeling comfortable in a situation. Part of the constant eye movement is due to my inability to relax. I should see some doctors about it eventually.

Lonely Paper Star
01-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I am very hardheaded about things. :redface:

fire_of_avalon
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
I do this if I'm talking to someone. If they're talking to me I apparently make an uncomfortable amount of eye-contact.

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Post.

Sephex
01-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Mom used to get mad at me for trying to take in all the groceries in one trip when I was a kid. I always pulled it off, but she was afraid something like this would happen:

http://i.imgur.com/c9Ups.gif

Also, I annoy Miss Lady Shelly, but I know she likes it.

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Mom used to get mad at me for trying to take in all the groceries in one trip when I was a kid. I always pulled it off, but she was afraid something like this would happen:

What makes this even more funny is that the person recording the video is perfectly happy watching him struggle carrying all of those things :p

Sephex
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
My favorite part is that apparently the guy felt the need to turn on the hose while carrying all that stuff.

Miss Lady Shelly
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM

You mean like the way your annoying me right now? You should post the ear vac one hahaha.

Raistlin
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I'll crack joints or rub my hands as a nervous habit when I'm just sitting around.

Also I have a habit of finishing people's sentences if they pause and don't immediately continue the thought. I've actually tried to stop doing this as much.

Jinx
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM

Me too! :D

Also, I grind my teeth all the time. Even when I'm awake.

Gogolian
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I seem to have this really strange habbit of being extravertic for a log peroid of time social, funny, outgoing then suddenly switch to complete introvertic for like half of the year... Then everybody are asking me if something happened and i can't just explain the whole thing to them. :/

Night Fury
01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm a pen clicker.

Gogolian
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm a pen clicker.

I like your sig xD

Formalhaut
01-06-2013, 11:58 PM

Me too! :D

Also, I grind my teeth all the time. Even when I'm awake.

I think you can get like a plastic mouth-guard for teeth grinding. I don't grind my teeth, but, I know strange, I tap my teeth to the melody of a song.

Pike
01-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Yep. I'm a leg bouncer.

Pheesh
01-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Nail biter.

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 02:27 AM
Nail biter.

I used to do that when I was younger, but my mum had this nail varnishy type thing which she applied to my nails that was like some really foul tasting chemical, to prevent me biting my nails.

Worked like a treat.

Shorty
01-07-2013, 02:28 AM
I'm a pen clicker.

I read over this several times as "I'm a pen licker" and I thought "wow, that IS odd"

but I'm a pen clicker as well

Araciel
01-07-2013, 06:41 AM
I refuse to address people by name unless absolutely necessary.

I go 'AHHHH' after drinking water.

AND just cause I'm an asshole,

I walk around in the summertime saying HOW ABOUT THIS HEAT

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I post too many food threads!

NorthernChaosGod
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
In class my legs twitch, I click my pen, I spin my pen/pencils (and drop them), and drum on my desk.

Pike
01-07-2013, 10:31 AM
I spin my pen/pencils (and drop them)

Oh man this too

Night Fury
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I tend to fidget with things that are around me. Popping lids off highlighters and clicking them back on, chewing pens, chewing my glasses, chewing everything.

I think I have the mindset of a puppy.

Quindiana Jones
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
When I sneeze, I involuntarily transtition from ACHOO into y'bastard. Though my sneezes are more like AH-HAHs. So when I sneeze, I go AH-HAH-y'bastard.

Bubba
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I crack my knuckles.

Ditto the joint cracking thing. I'll crack my knuckles and neck any time I'm not feeling comfortable in a situation.

I'll crack joints

I'm terrible for this... I love it when people can't stand it though. It makes me want to do it more. My exes used to hate it but my new girlfriend is a knuckle-cracker too so I can do it to my hearts content!

Raistlin
01-08-2013, 01:15 AM
I am also a pen clicker and spinner.

Aulayna
01-08-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm a desk drummer too - sometimes I just can't help but use my finger nails or a pen to tap out a beat to myself.

On that note I also sometimes sing (badly) or hum (probs just as badly) to myself too.

NinjaCoachZ
01-08-2013, 11:54 PM
I refuse to address people by name unless absolutely necessary.

Ye Gods! I'm not the only one!

Well, in my case, it's not that I refuse or anything, it's just that I actually feel uncomfortable saying other people's names. Thankfully, I don't think anyone has ever noticed...

TrollHunter
01-18-2013, 07:50 PM
I only do this at home but i tend to randomly kick, go through kung fu forms, or start randomly doing exercises.
It drives my sis insane

I also tap my foot a lot, and im a leg bouncer too

Also, ditto for the name thing. I hate saying peoples names for some reason. ._.

Bubba
01-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Also, ditto for the name thing. I hate saying peoples names for some reason. ._.

I find that calling everyone Brian (male and female) is extremely entertaining.