PDA

View Full Version : Article: Fanzine, Final Fantasy Celebrating 25 Years Launched

Goldenboko
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM

This weekend UFFsite.net launched it’s Fanzine project (http://issuu.com/ff-avalon/docs/ff25_mag_avalon/1), Final Fantasy, Celebrating 25 years. The e-magazine is 129 pages long, revisiting each main Final Fantasy title, Interviewing the current FF Staff, and previewing future Final Fantasy entries. The article also includes some great opinion articles on topics such as the Squall is Dead Theory or Religion and Final Fantasy X. A personal favorite article in the Character Highlights section is “Beatrix - FFIX’s Hidden Gem” a look at Beatrix’s plot throughout the game that gives me goosebumps. This magazine was created by Final Fantasy Fansites quite literally from A to Z.

Eyesonff was among these contributors. Our own Wolf Kanno produced the retrospective of Final Fantasy IV, on pages 14-15. This article was edited by Del Murder. Also who else but Jiro submitted two articles the previously mentioned Religion and Final Fantasy X (pages 50-51) and Battle System History: Modern Era (page 90).

Besides the obvious of being an absolutely fantastic read to any Final Fantasy fan, this Fanzine has some lofty goals. For years there has been an obvious difference in the way Square-Enix has treated it’s Japanese fan communities and it’s Western audiences. The creators of this e-magazine hope that it can be a spark for better embracing of the Western communities, so let’s all give them our support and read this beautiful magazine!

[PDF Download] (http://www.uffsite.net/avalon/downloads/pdf/ff25_avalon_mag_db.pdf)

Del Murder
01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Yay!

Wolf Kanno
01-07-2013, 12:22 AM
The layout is actually really nice and I'm happy they took some of my picture suggestions for the IV article.

Raistlin
01-07-2013, 02:33 AM
It looks really cool, and I'm glad they got some great content from EoFF staff. I haven't read it all yet, but I've saved a copy to read.

Bolivar
01-07-2013, 03:26 AM
This is a stunningly well-put together digital magazine. Looks great and is absolutely packed with awesome content.

I got really nostalgic not only looking at the games and the way they made me feel when I first played them, but nostalgic for the fandom. I used to salivate over these kinds of features, which weren't really that easy to find in the early days of the web. Nowadays the series has been diluted and all these things have been debated to death, so it's not easy to get that feeling again and I'm glad this did it for me.

Gj on the features to our members, I can't wait to dig deeper into this.

Tonberry Time
01-07-2013, 03:27 AM
Amazing, I'll make sure to read this!

Dr. rydrum2112
01-07-2013, 04:07 AM
*slow clap* for all contributors.

Axem Titanium
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I was reading this yesterday (haven't finished yet) and I saw Wolf Kanno's name after the FFIV article. Congrats to all the contributors! It's a really well-put-together piece and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Just had a read through of this and this is an amazing job all round by everyone involved. Great retrospectives and stunning overall presentation. Bravo.

maybee
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
I love the article so much. It's so beautiful and so well-written. :jess:

The only issue that I have is the adding of the Squall is Dead theory. Really ? It's a stupid theory, let it die guys.

LadyJuxtaposition
01-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Oh me goodness! Seeing a FFIV picture inspires me to read the maganize! Reading it right now! :D

Bolivar
01-12-2013, 05:06 AM
The FFVII writer mentioned that the Honey Bee Inn had deleted rooms... I've been in the debug room with gameshark and then later on got in myself, I think it was all there.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2013, 09:09 AM
The dummied content is mostly from the Japanese version of the game (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Honey_Bee_Inn), they had it fully removed by the U.S./PAL release.