PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Accepted!

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Ever have one of those moments where someone says something and your either silent or vocal reply is "Challenge accepted!"?

I did today. So I am sitting in class and the prof. was discussing the department's (philosophy) grading policy: they do not give more than 25% A's. This is kinda annoying, yet I sorta get it...sorta. I actually do not agree with such a policy but that's the beast that universities are. Anyways, because she's a new prof and had graded a little too easy last semester, she indicated that getting an A for this class will be rather difficult. Challenge accepted. Most of the mark is two papers, and to get an A we need to refer to at least two commentaries outside course materials. Should be easy enough, especially given that it is an introductory course on Aristotle and late Hellenistic philosophy. :D

So my fellow EoFFers, what has been your most recent or memorable (any moment really) of "Challenge accepted!"?

Night Fury
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Aristotle is my most favourite Philosopher! :)

As for the actual question, heh, maybe. /smug

Ouch!
01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Only every time my girlfriend makes a comment about something I should not do. It has gotten to the point where I need no longer actually say it.

"You shouldn't eat that entire pizza. You're going to be sick."
"Challenge--"
"--accepted. Yes, dear, I know."

Shorty
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Every time ever that someone tells me I can't or shouldn't do something, much like Ouch's girlfriend.

Mercen-X
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
You all ready know...

Bubba
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Just now while sat in work... when asked whether I'll have four contracts sent out by 7pm.

I think reading this thread my have prompted me saying it.

Arizona Lively
01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Anything involving food. I'll eat things you think are gross if I know they won't hurt me. I'll eat large amounts of food. I can cook food too!