PDA

View Full Version : Popular Final Fantasy Opinions

Forsaken Lover
01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
So i'm not making this to start anything. I just thought of it after reading over my FFIX Criticism thread and also the Unpopular Opinion topic.

So then, what are the popular views on this board?

For example:

-FFX is not very good, maybe even terrible
-FFIX is ohmygodfantasticicreamedinmypants

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I liked FFX - alot! The older people here might even remember that I rebranded my entire fansite from being a Zelda forum to being called Spira Online.

I just disliked Tidus as a protagonist.

But to bite, a popular opinion around these parts:

- VI was better than VII.
- VIII has the most ridiculous storyline elements.

Bubba
01-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Final Fantasy 1 was the first ever Final Fantasy.

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 07:09 PM
SE should hurry up and make Versus.

There's cautious optimism for Lightning Returns

Despite everyone wanting Type-0 to be localised, we cannot be asked to comment on the threads Boko made

There appears to be a myriad of opinion for the best FFI team

XIII-2 appears to be an improvement on XIII

blackmage_nuke
01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Cloud is in Final Fantasy VII
There are two airships in Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy has two F's

Del Murder
01-08-2013, 04:47 AM
-FFX is not very good, maybe even terrible
This is definitely not a popular opinion. Especially if Jessweeee reads this thread.

Here's mine:

FFVI and FFVII are the best two games in the series.
Cloud is one of the best characters in any video game.
Square peaked with the PS1 FF games.
FFXI is the best FF game most fans didn't play.
Kefka is the best FF villain.
The Buster Sword doesn't make sense as a weapon.
FFVIII's plot doesn't make any sense.

maybee
01-08-2013, 04:59 AM
In this forum ?

Final Fantasy XII is amazing and is one of the best FF games, (while I sit here and look grumpy with you all )

Tactics is a good game.

Chrono Trigger is a amazing game. I agree with this one !

Final Fantasy IX is excellent. I agree with this one too.

lalala * tries to think *

Sabin is awesome and is a badass mothersmurfer. Agree with this one for sure. :jess:

Wolf Kanno
01-08-2013, 05:21 AM
On this board?

FFVII is a mindboggling revolutionary game that defined the JRPG genre and has never been surpassed by any other RPG because it was totally super special awesome. VI fans are just jealous of its popularity. Also, Squenix's Number 1 priority should be to remake this game and then after that, when the PS4 comes out, they should remake it again with the even better graphics and sound quality cause that would be totally awesome and then when the PS5 comes out...:blahblah:

FFVI is an awesome character driven tour de force that came up with most of the ideas VII popularized and is thus VI is not appreciated enough by the RPG community, besides Kefka was 100x more awesome than Mama's Boy Sephy, cause Kefka was a funny homicidal clown.

FFIX is the greatest FF in the series despite a few hiccups like the slow battle system and dropped character arcs. Beatrix and Vivi are easily the two greatest characters made in the series and anyone who hates Beatrix theme is a nanny poo-poo head. :colbert:

FFTactics is the greatest game ever made and the only true mature FF title and you're all smucks for not playing it you terrible simpletons.

FFX is a wonderful game, oh crap, did I make that statement outside of the FFX forum? smurf now I'm going to get reemed by its haters.

Well we can all agree FFII sucked right? Right...?

XI is the really the best FF game and I wish all you uneducated heathens would stop bashing it for being an MMO or being a numbered entry instead of just FFOnline

Person 1: FFV is the most underappreciated FF game cause its stuck between FFIV and FFVI
Person 2: No it's FFVIII cause Junction wasn't that bad and the fan theories make it better
Persona 3: No its FFIII, because the rest of you whipper snappers just can't appreciate a classic.
Persona 4: I feel its Mystic Quest... I love that game.
*Persons 1-3 look at each other*
Person 2: At least we can agree that game was bollocks.
Person 1 & 3: True
Person 4: :G

FFXII and XIII were disappointing and broke the fanbase, please Squenix, make sure Versus XIII fixes the fanbase because we hate it when they fight. :cry:

Versus XIII is the game that will show you haters that Square-Enix is still the masters of the genre and it's going to be a hundred times more awesome than FFVII was cause Nomura is working on it and he did such a great job with Advent Children. You'll see, its been in development longer just because Nomura is making it even more awesome with a world map, and chocobo racing, and a darker and brooding main character, you'll see. After six years in development its going to be awesome and is in no way possible being trapped in development hell or being blown through the full wringer by the marketing team so it won't bomb like FFXIV, and it certainly can't be cancelled cause the project has been bleeding money for half a decade with little to show for it. :stare:

Persona 1: Type-0 looks pretty awesome and it actually contains most of the stuff you fanboy and fangirls have been whining about missing in all of the modern FF games.
Person 2: Is it on the PS3 or XBOX 360?
Person 1: Well no its on a handheld...
Person 2: Then who gives a smurf?
Person 1: :mymelfacepalm:

Red Mage Coffman
01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Hmm. This is somewhat tough xD But here goes.

Lightning is best heroine. She is just SO badass.
Cloud is the best protagonist. To me, he fulfilled every element a protagonist should have filled. Kudos.
VIII was so bad.
XIII is bad, but still enjoyable.

I, err, think I did it?

Gamblet
01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
FFTactics is the greatest game ever made and the only true mature FF title and you're all smucks for not playing it you terrible simpletons.

You got that right!

black orb
01-10-2013, 05:51 AM
>>> FF6, best FF ever..:luca:

I dont agree with that

NeoCracker
01-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Maybe I'm just crazy, but me thinks Wolf is mocking people...

Nah, couldn't be.

Forsaken Lover
01-19-2013, 11:29 AM
FFIX is amazing game with amazing story i love the way zidane grabs garnet's ass and says ooh soft hahahahaha he best main character

i no like ffx it dumb party-wide character development no want