PDA

View Full Version : Thou Burneth: Curry Flavours!

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Partly inspired by this delightful snippet from Aulayna's equally delightful "I have developed an addiction" thread:

Also, Aulayna, let's get some curry when I'm in England this summer. :D

If I'm in the UK when you're over then... totes!

So, what curries do you guys enjoy when your having Indian food night?

Do you have the mellow Korma? Or perhaps a incredibly spicy Vindaloo? I personally am quite a fan of either a Chicken Tikka Masala or a Madras.

​Mmmmm.... Yummy!

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Indian:

Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Korma

Both with copious amounts of Onion Bhaji, Naan Bread (that's a topic in itself) and Popadoms

Thai:

Thai Red Curry
Thai Green Curry

Both with MOUNTAINS OF STICKY RICE!

Jinx
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I always get chicken tikka masala as spicy as I can. My mom and I went to our favourite Indian buffet today, and I had that and vegetable korma. Soooo amazing. :3

Also

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/143524-curry-fury.html

Although, it's probably time for a new curry thread, and I heartily support this endevour. The more curry threads, the better.

Faris
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
My knowledge of curry: diddly-squat.

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I shall rep anyone in this thread who supports Chicken Tikka Masala. It is a heavenly curry that I also try and get hot, but not unbearably so. I also agree that a curry is not a curry without popadoms and Naan Bread to use liberally as a mop to soak up the sauce. Yummy.

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh,

Chicken Katsu Curry too!

http://buzz.bournemouth.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/katsu-curry.jpg

Mmmmmmmm...

Jinx
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
I hate popadom, but I loooove naan. I really like paneer naan, too.

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
I think I had Chicken Katsu curry once, I think in Wagamamas.

It was very nice, but I didn't like sitting next to strangers...

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Wagamamas is where I usually get it xD

(it being the Chicken Katsu Curry - not the other kinds of it before anyone gets any bright ideas for sarcy quips!)

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I really like the food in that place, but I just find sitting next to strangers on what is essentially school benches just wrong!

Miriel
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
I love chicken tikka masala! I also like the Thai curries, especially pumpkin curry. And Japanese/Korean curry is great too.

kotora
01-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Gotta love curry. I throw in a bunch of curry spices every time I make my fried rice with beans. Just keep the fucking chicken out of my pan and I'm good with any kind of curry.

krissy
01-07-2013, 09:25 PM
butter chicken is th ebest

Shorty
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Carrot curry and thai green or thai yellow curry, stuffed with as many vegetables that will possibly fit into one portion.

Tikka masala is good, but I haven't had it more than a couple of times enough to form an opinion. Thai curry rules supreme.

Jinx
01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Comparing Thai curry and Indian curry is like comparing apples and oranges. They aren't even close to being the same thing, honestly.

That being said, Thai green curry is the best thai curry. With chicken, plox.

Shorty
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
They absolutely are the same thing because they are both curry. I just so happen to prefer Thai.

Aulayna
01-07-2013, 09:39 PM
They absolutely are the same thing because they are both curry. I just so happen to prefer Thai.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33024274.jpg

Shorty
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
To clarify to you smelly wenches, if you would do me a kindness and read back to my post I never compared Thai curry to Indian curry. I said I haven't tried tikka masala enough to form an opinion.

Curry is curry is curry. I prefer Thai. :colbert:

Night Fury
01-07-2013, 09:48 PM
I like Tikka Masala as a safe option.

Bhuna, Madras and Rojan Josh are also favourites. Sag Aloo for a side please.

With naan.

Korma is tasty, but worthless.

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM

With naan.

Korma is light a brown dwarf. While a brown dwarf is not quite a star, so is a Korma is not quite a fully fledged curry.

Jinx
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM

What. :(

Night Fury
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM

With naan.

Korma is light a brown dwarf. While a brown dwarf is not quite a star, so is a Korma is not quite a fully fledged curry.

It is yummy, but when I go for curry I want SPICE damnit.

Jinx
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM

With naan.

It is yummy, but when I go for curry I want SPICE damnit.

Oh, fair enough. I do love it, but I'd only get it on the buffet.

I get my tikka masala so spicy that it's very very dark red. My guys at our Indian restaurant know I'm serious when I say spicy.

Formalhaut
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
I like my spice medium. As I say, moderation in all things, and especially in curry. I don't want to be going for the water with every mouthful! A nice, medium heat is best for me.