PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Gen 6, X & Y announced; worldwide release in October

Pages : [1] 2

Polnareff
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Pokémon 'X' and 'Y' announced for 3DS, new generation and starters (http://www.hypable.com/2013/01/08/new-pokemon-3ds-game-x-and-y-new-generation-and-starters-announced/)

The new Pokemon look stupid to me. But I have to wonder if maybe Nintendo had a different team develop this game, since it's out not even a year from now, and B&W2 hasn't been out that long.

NeoCracker
01-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Well, it's a Pokemon game alright. :p

Ouch!
01-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Iwata in Engrish: "The original Pokemon Red and Green were released in 1996 for the Gameboy."
...released in 1996 for the Gameboy...
...released in 1996...

Quindiana Jones
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't like it. It scares me.

Polnareff
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Iwata in Engrish: "The original Pokemon Red and Green were released in 1996 for the Gameboy."
...released in 1996 for the Gameboy...
...released in 1996...

They really were, at least in Japan. One of my first import games was actually Pokemon Green. Showed it to friends at school and they were like "what is that?" I always had to tell them I didn't know because I couldn't read any Japanese at the time. About a year later is when Red and Blue came out here.

Or are you just highlighting that to show how old they are? It is a bit crazy that the first games in the series have been out almost 17 years now.

Fynn
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I really like it from the looks of it. The new Pokemon are adorable. Fennekin is going to be my starter for sure ;) Though I'll probably have to get a 3DS of my own for this, so that I can actually play with my brother.

CimminyCricket
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I really like the Legendary bird Pokemon this time around. I didn't like so many of the B&W Pokemon that I didn't even buy those games. :C I wouldn't mind picking this one up if the Pokemon don't all look so stupid.

Formalhaut
01-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I swear as the generations go on, the pokemon designs go slightly more bonkers each time.

And the names?! Pokemon "X" and "Y"? What is this, a mathematics puzzle game? They will have to pull something out of the bag with this one to get me to buy it. I didn't buy any Generation V games, though I probably should just for completionist purposes.

Night Fury
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
omg I NEED a Fennekin

Aulayna
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
This. Looks. AMAAAAAAZIIIIIIIING. :hyper:

Ouch!
01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Or are you just highlighting that to show how old they are? It is a bit crazy that the first games in the series have been out almost 17 years now.
That. It's like the video game equivalent of the Movie Ages comic on xkcd.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/movie_ages.png

Fynn
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
I swear as the generations go on, the pokemon designs go slightly more bonkers each time.

And the names?! Pokemon "X" and "Y"? What is this, a mathematics puzzle game? They will have to pull something out of the bag with this one to get me to buy it. I didn't buy any Generation V games, though I probably should just for completionist purposes.

My guess is that the theme here is chromosomes. Or axes. Or Alphabet Soup, audino...

I Don't Need A Name
01-08-2013, 05:57 PM

My guess is that the theme here is chromosomes. Or axes. Or Alphabet Soup, audino...

WINNER. I would expect it's to do with axes. It's the first 3DS Pokémon game. Z will most likely be the 3rd game of this generation, giving an XYZ axis which makes 3D

Fynn
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM

WINNER. I would expect it's to do with axes. It's the first 3DS Pokémon game. Z will most likely be the 3rd game of this generation, giving an XYZ axis which makes 3D

True, but look at how "masculine" the Y legendary Pokemon is, and how "femenine" the X one is. They might be playing with both.

I Don't Need A Name
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM

True, but look at how "masculine" the Y legendary Pokemon is, and how "femenine" the X one is. They might be playing with both.

So Z will be some crazy hermaphrodite? :jess:

Fynn
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Yes please :love:

Chris
01-08-2013, 09:41 PM
OMG I love this! So glad that they're moving forward! The last two generations have been... well, boring. This looks awesome. :p

Sephex
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM

No.

http://i.imgur.com/rc34n.png

Fynn
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
OMG I love this! So glad that they're moving forward! The last two generations have been... well, boring. This looks awesome. :p

I'll agree with you on Gen IV, but Gen V was incredible.

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Not going to lie, I'm not very excited about this. I guess its one of those "I'll try it out and see how I like it" kind of things. 4 is the last gen I truly enjoyed.

Freya
01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
That fire starter pokemon looks fucking adorable I don't care what you guys say. SO CUTE!

Iceglow
01-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Waiiiitttt a minute. Now I seem to remember seeing several different variations of the history of the Pokemon universe but wasn't the theory that the Pokemon world is NOT OUR world officially confirmed with the Team Plasma storyline which basically implied that the world was created by Pokemon. If the new games are to be set in France, then surely the games would go against this and all of a sudden my head begins to hurt.

I need to pick up pokemon black or white at some point though I might well be buying a 3DS so I can get one of these, I'm mighty fed up of being unable to complete the pokedex because my wi-fi is too secure to work with the original DS.

Bolivar
01-09-2013, 12:24 AM
I respect people's right to enjoy and appreciate these games.

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Do you have to have a 3DS or is it compatible with the DSi?

Polnareff
01-09-2013, 01:08 AM
3DS only. No way in hell DS could handle those graphics. :p

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Well, there's another reason not to get it. xD

Formalhaut
01-09-2013, 05:59 AM

Chromosomes eh? I thought Deoxys of Generation III filled the DNA pokemon slot?

Aulayna
01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Evolutions of starters:

http://i.imgur.com/ebMa9.jpg

Fire for sure! Totes Adorbs!

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
They're alright, those. Certainly better than a lot of the other generations.

I Don't Need A Name
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
As much as I'm always a Fire Starter kind of guy, the Frog is awesome

Goldenboko
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM

X, Y, then eventually Z. because the game is 3D. Duh!

Fynn
01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Evolutions of starters:

You DO realize this picture is just some fan imagining what they might look like, not official art, I hope?

BTW, the legendaries have names now! Xerneas is Mr. Deer, and Yveltal is the birdy. Am I the only one who thinks those names would fit right into Xenogears?

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
That makes me very sad. That fox/wolf is awesome with it's Viking beard, and the frog has a badass moustache. The official art, unless it's identical, won't be able to compare.

Fynn
01-09-2013, 07:01 PM
That makes me very sad. That fox/wolf is awesome with it's Viking beard, and the frog has a badass moustache. The official art, unless it's identical, won't be able to compare.

You never know until you see it :)

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Viking Ear-Beard and Gentleman's Moustache.

Nothing can compete.

Aulayna
01-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Evolutions of starters:

You DO realize this picture is just some fan imagining what they might look like, not official art, I hope?

BTW, the legendaries have names now! Xerneas is Mr. Deer, and Yveltal is the birdy. Am I the only one who thinks those names would fit right into Xenogears?

No I wasn't, it got past around at work so I posted it here in a fit of excitement.

I'm disappointed now. :(

Jinx
01-09-2013, 07:57 PM
That evolution of the water pokemon has a bitchin' moustache.

Formalhaut
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM

X, Y, then eventually Z. because the game is 3D. Duh!

I think I gathered that much Boko. I'm stupid, but clever enough to realise this!

I'm very interested in the polygonal models that their doing!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/56/XY_Prerelease_mirror.png

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a4/XY_Prerelease_field.png/800px-XY_Prerelease_field.png

Chris
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM
I am really excited! It looks new and like a big upgrade.

Formalhaut
01-09-2013, 10:56 PM
I was disappointed with Black and White, because sure, they were decent, but they were hardly groundbreaking. Generation IV was the first game on the DS for example, and so did alot in it's generation. For me, V was more of a "filler" to wait for the 3DS essentially.

This new generation looks interesting and innovative enough for me to consider parting money with it.

Evastio
01-10-2013, 04:52 AM
I'm liking what's been revealed so far. Among the starters I like Chespin the best currently. That fan-art evolution pic was actually very similar to my predictions of the starter's final evolutions: my guesses were Fennekin's being a long slender majestic looking fox, Froakie's being a bulky, bearded sage-looking frog, and Chespin's being a giant grass/wood bladed weasel (as in he has arm blades made of grass and wood).

Although this isn't confirmed, I heard rumours that there's going to be a new type for this generation (a couple of sources here and there said this) and that Eevee will be getting another evolution (people speculate this based on the new movie's short revolving around Eevee evolutions and Gen 6 cameos being confirmed in Genesect's movie).

I Don't Need A Name
01-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Apparently there's going to more than 50 new Pokémon introduced in this Generation. At least it won't be another full new Pokémon lineup.

Polnareff
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Me and my friend were just talking about how we hoped there'd be a new Eeveelution. I didn't know there was a rumor that it might happen. I was personally hoping for a fighting-type Eevee, just to see how crazy it would look doing certain moves (can you imagine an Eevee doing Comet Punch?! :p)

Maybe the rumored new Eevee will be based around the rumored new type.

Quindiana Jones
01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Waiiiitttt a minute. Now I seem to remember seeing several different variations of the history of the Pokemon universe but wasn't the theory that the Pokemon world is NOT OUR world officially confirmed with the Team Plasma storyline which basically implied that the world was created by Pokemon. If the new games are to be set in France, then surely the games would go against this and all of a sudden my head begins to hurt.

Pretty sure the Pokemon world is our world. It's just always been set in Japan.

Formalhaut
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm liking what's been revealed so far. Among the starters I like Chespin the best currently. That fan-art evolution pic was actually very similar to my predictions of the starter's final evolutions: my guesses were Fennekin's being a long slender majestic looking fox, Froakie's being a bulky, bearded sage-looking frog, and Chespin's being a giant grass/wood bladed weasel (as in he has arm blades made of grass and wood).

Although this isn't confirmed, I heard rumours that there's going to be a new type for this generation (a couple of sources here and there said this) and that Eevee will be getting another evolution (people speculate this based on the new movie's short revolving around Eevee evolutions and Gen 6 cameos being confirmed in Genesect's movie).

A new type? Interesting! I do wonder what type it could be. The "Light" type? might counterbalance dark, but then I'm just guessing here. I wonder what type it could be, if it turns out to be true.

Fynn
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM

Pretty sure the Pokemon world is our world. It's just always been set in Japan.

Nope. It's just based on parts of the real world. See here: Pokémon world - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_World)

Quindiana Jones
01-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Ah, I see. It's essentially the same point, though. :)

Iceglow
01-11-2013, 12:34 AM
This picture doesn't look like our world, despite similarities.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b6/Unova_world_map.png

qwertysaur
01-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Each region is based on a real world location. Kanto is Kanto, Johto is the Kyoto area, Hoenn is Kyushu, Sinnoh is Hokkaido, and Unova is New York.

Fennekin is my favorite starter, and I usually go for the Grass one. :p

Formalhaut
01-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't really have a preference in terms of type for starters. For me, it's usually always been:

Kanto: Charmander, though Squirtle is dear in my heart

Johto: Cyndaquil / Chikorita

Never played Hoenn, but I guess Mudkip

Sinnoh: Liked them all! But I always first chose Turtwig. When I got platinum, I then used Diamond as my starter trade slave so my Platinum now has all of them.

Madame Adequate
01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Best starter designs since Red/Blue.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I've heard they are only introducing a handful of Pokemon (20 or so?) and that they've been working on this for a while...:D?

Ouch!
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
The number I've heard quoted is adding an additional 50 Pokemon, which sounds to me a lot more likely than only twenty.

Depression Moon
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Damn, they're still doing the old tired Fire, Water, Grass starters

Formalhaut
01-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Unless they've really grown tired designing pokemon and just went "Eh, f**k it, let's do twenty".

While I've moaned alot about how Generation III and V's pokemon designs weren't great, I am pleasantly surprised by what I'm seeing with VI. Then again, it's only the starters and the mascot legendaries. It could all go wrong later ;)

Fynn
01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Damn, they're still doing the old tired Fire, Water, Grass starters

That is justified by the balance they offer in terms of game mechanics. They all have the same degree of weakness and resistance with each other, and they're also quite on par with each other when it comes to effectiveness against other types. Seriously, going fighting - psychic - dark would mess up this balance by quite a bit.

Formalhaut
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Not to mention their the easiest types to understand. Bear in mind that I still get confused with the type dynamics of the more unique or interesting types, especially steel and dark. By starting off with the "common sense" types, like how fire obviously is strong to grass, you ease the new player into it.

Besides, given that pokemon is marketed as a kid's game, better to ease them into type dynamics than just giving them a dragon, ghost, and steel starter :p

Madame Adequate
01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
I can't lie, I would be ALL OVER a steel starter pokemon.

qwertysaur
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Empoleon is water/steel :p

Depression Moon
01-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Empoleon is water/steel :p

That sounds like an Eveelution.

Skyblade
01-13-2013, 04:53 AM
Pokemon Colliseum features Dark and Psychic starters.

And Pokemon XD has a Dragon/Flying starter. Even if you only get it for one battle before it's replaced by Eevee.

Fynn
01-13-2013, 08:08 AM

And Pokemon XD has a Dragon/Flying starter. Even if you only get it for one battle before it's replaced by Eevee.

As far as I know, though, these games are a little different in terms of mechanics (aren't there only double battles? That would make a big difference).

maybee
01-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Needs more this guy.

http://media.tumblr.com/6f93581e7c68f08e9ebbfec617cbd604/tumblr_inline_mghx9erhy41qaehfk.gif

:love:

Skyblade
01-13-2013, 09:02 AM

As far as I know, though, these games are a little different in terms of mechanics (aren't there only double battles? That would make a big difference).

Coliseum, yeah. But XD actually has single battles. The first two, wild Pokemon fights, and some of the battle CDs.

Although, frankly, that setup worked so well I wish they'd incorporate it into the main series.

Fynn
01-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Needs more this guy.

http://media.tumblr.com/6f93581e7c68f08e9ebbfec617cbd604/tumblr_inline_mghx9erhy41qaehfk.gif

:love:

Hell yeah! :D
Also, Skyblade, while I'll agree it might be more interesting to shake up the initial type formula, I think Formalhaut put it best - it's the most obvious combination, and thus it's the easiest for newcomers. And we know the Pokemon people won't be satisfied by just having their old fans, they will want to attract as many newcomers as possible. Bottom line is, our chance of having differently typed starters in a main game are very slim, to say the least.

Khaotic
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Looks pretty good, looking forward to it. Got pretty bored of the character designs in B/W, hoping things will be better this time.

Evastio
02-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes to N in Gen 6. I really like how much depth and development they've given to him. After all of the one dimensional villains they've had in Pokemon, it's really nice to have a villain that has depth and changes throughout the story. He's definitely the most interesting and deep character in the Pokemon series.

...and to think some people think Blue in Gen 1 is a better villain...

Also:

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro213.jpg

Its Japanese name is Ninfia and its type is unknown, but I'm guessing it's a new type. Light maybe? I suspect Xerneas is also light type.

qwertysaur
02-13-2013, 04:34 AM
:kaoclove:

Formalhaut
02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
A light type would actually be a very good and reasonable addition.

Come on, Dark always needed a buddy!

Bunny
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
I am curious as to why it is pictured with Eevee and the other eeveelutions. Edit: Because it is another evolution apparently.

I think a Light-type would be kind of pointless. The dynamic between Dark and Psychic, as well as Psychic and Ghost, already fill the void left from not having a Light-type in the game.

DownDiagonalLeftA
02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Please don't add more types. It took me like 15 years to memorize the type strength/weakness chart.

Formalhaut
02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Please don't add more types. It took me like 15 years to memorize the type strength/weakness chart.

Being honest, I still have to look up the more exotic type relationships :p

I do think they will though. Just.. look at it! It doesn't match any type that I know of. If Espeon wasn't there, I might have guessed it was a Psychic, but because of Espeon, it probably isn't.

DownDiagonalLeftA
02-13-2013, 08:57 PM

I do think they will though. Just.. look at it! It doesn't match any type that I know of. If Espeon wasn't there, I might have guessed it was a Psychic, but because of Espeon, it probably isn't.

I still do too, I was just joking. I use Serebii to look it up if its a weird hybrid. I used to be really big on competitive battling during fourth gen. I made a pokemon showdown thread on here once that got ZERO replies, lmao.

It looks psychic to me too, but I have no idea what it's gonna be. I dont see a reason to add another type, I always thought Dark was originally put in to check psychic. Psychic was BEASTLY in gen 1, because all the bug types were weak pokemon, and the only ghost family was in turn weak to psychic.

Formalhaut
02-13-2013, 09:29 PM

I still do too, I was just joking. I use Serebii to look it up if its a weird hybrid. I used to be really big on competitive battling during fourth gen. I made a pokemon showdown thread on here once that got ZERO replies, lmao.

It looks psychic to me too, but I have no idea what it's gonna be. I dont see a reason to add another type, I always thought Dark was originally put in to check psychic. Psychic was BEASTLY in gen 1, because all the bug types were weak pokemon, and the only ghost family was in turn weak to psychic.

I really wish they made Bug pokemon not the "chump" type as they always are. Even though they have improved their stature from Generation I, they are still pitiful against a myriad of different types. I'd love it if Generation VI actually made them worth using besides the beginning of the game.

TrollHunter
02-14-2013, 01:28 AM
They really need to go back to sprites....
This weird-ass 3d crap looks terrible >_<
I'm excited for the game itself though.

Evastio
02-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Also, the new Eeveelution's official Sugimori art and English name (Sylveon) have been revealed:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/6/63/Sylveon.png/230px-Sylveon.png

I really wish they made Bug pokemon not the "chump" type as they always are. Even though they have improved their stature from Generation I, they are still pitiful against a myriad of different types. I'd love it if Generation VI actually made them worth using besides the beginning of the game.
Well, Gen 5 did a really good job of that, since all 8 fully evolved bug types (excluding Genesect since its an event legendary) have strong stats with none of their stat totals going under 475 (for comparison, fully evolved starters have stat totals of 525-535 while bug types like Beedrill have stat totals of 384). There's also a few strong bug types from previous generations like Pinsir, Scyther (the only Pokemon whose stat total doesn't increase upon evolving), Heracross, Scizor, and Yanmega.

TrollHunter
02-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Poison is the only element that needs a buff. It's only super effective against one type, which is the type that usually has poison as a sub-stat in the first place. I love my swalot and muk, but by god it just doesnt work out for them very well in most scenarios. Burn and paralysis are better status ailments anyway.
It's a fantastic secondary typing don't get me wrong, but those with pure poison get quite possibly the most useless STAB element in the game.

Formalhaut
02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
That is true actually. Poison is wonderful as a secondary type but I avoid pure types like the plague.

As for status ailments, poison is definitely the easiest to get through. Bad poison though, can be quite effective which makes Toxic a good move to have.

Agent Proto
02-16-2013, 12:49 AM
http://gamersbench.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sylveon.jpg

Does the fact that its name reminds me of Sylvie? :confused:

Who's willing to say that there's going to be a new Light type, and Sylveon is a Light type?

Jinx
02-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Reminds you of Sylvie?

So therefore

It is the most demented and terrifying Pokemon of all time.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I didn't expect them to add a Bondage type either.

Sylveon used Constrict!
Sylveon used Megahorn!

Formalhaut
02-16-2013, 05:25 PM
http://gamersbench.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sylveon.jpg

Have to say, I'm loving the new screenshots of the game! I love the 3D nature of the game.

Evastio
02-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Take these rumours with a grain of salt: (http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-pokemon-x-y-bring-significant-changes-tons-of-details)

-Main characters are Jean and Jane; names are non-customizable
-Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside
-Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered
-A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.
A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels -grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon
-Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play
-A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate
-The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS
-Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle
-Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town
-The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view -Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them
-Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts
-Using a special wristwatch device, players can travel 30 years into the past which features different characters, younger versions of current characters, different layouts, and different wild Pokémon
-The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present
-In one part of the game, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax in the future, suggesting that past generations of Pokémon will be available from the start
-The professor is Professor Bristle and the rival is Ricki, a magazine writer who documents the strange events occurring in the past
-The new generation consists of 99 new Pokémon, many of them baby Pokémon (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. doesn’t want to see) and new evolutions of current Pokémon
-Sylveon is a Normal Pokémon that evolves based on the new bond level; it is the only new Eeveelution
-There will be a total of six legendary Pokémon that include Xerneas (Psychic/Rock) and Yveltal (Ghost/Flying) along with four black and white Pokémon based on card suits: a cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, a tiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex with spade-shaped eyes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail
-Most of the brand new Pokémon will be new type combinations such as Fire/Ice and Dark/Electric (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. does want to see)
-The types of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon will be Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water

Formalhaut
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
I shall take them with a large bucket of salt. If they are all true though, then that's a very large shift from the other generations. The whole 'time travel' aspect does sound very interesting though. Sort of like having two regions (Gen.II).

That 'non-customisable' aspect of the names is sheer bulltrout, if true. And I do wonder what bonuses the 'trainer EXP' system will do. Hrm..

qwertysaur
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
The bond replacing happiness and combined with Sylveon evolving from bond level can't both happen. Eevee already evolves into Espeon or Umbreon based on happieness, so these changes will result in losing the ability to evolve into either pokémon.

The 4 black and white pokémon resembling playing cards is also false. There would be 2 black and white, and 2 red and white to match the colors of the four suits.

I think the whole list of rumors is made up, though some of the ideas are interesting. :p

Formalhaut
02-25-2013, 11:14 PM
The bond replacing happiness and combined with Sylveon evolving from bond level can't both happen. Eevee already evolves into Espeon or Umbreon based on happieness, so these changes will result in losing the ability to evolve into either pokémon.

The 4 black and white pokémon resembling playing cards is also false. There would be 2 black and white, and 2 red and white to match the colors of the four suits.

I think the whole list of rumors is made up, though some of the ideas are interesting. :p

I'm not exactly buying all of it either. Still, I do like some of the ideas.

Tigmafuzz
03-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I've been following these developments (somewhat loosely) since the announcement, and have been seeing most of the corocoro leaks etc. that have been happening, and this was posted on /vp/ earlier today:

Translated, it becomes:

Gym Leaders:
Ichou/Ginkgo: Silk Badge (Bug)
Nazuma: Terra Cotta Badge (Ground)
Kisage/Scraping: Focus Badge (Psychic)
Sanza/Thousand: Hazard Badge (Poison)
Taragon: Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
Reishi/Litchi: Remnant Badge (Ghost)
Kinma/Betel: Platina Badge (Steel)
Kotton/Coton: Chaos Badge (Dark)

Elite Four and Champion:
Kumonshi/Kumotsu (Flying)
Ganbe/Ganpi (Rock)
Saikachi (Electric)
Sumeru/Violet (Grass)
Fuyugaki (Fire/Ice)

Legendary Pokémon:
Boruzuniru (Steel/Flying)
Wirumegu (Dragon/Poison)
Zeruneasu/Xerneas (Psychic/Ground)
Iberutaru/Yveltal (Fighting/Flying)
Zedorashiru/Zeddrasil (Ghost/Grass)
Rozetanon/"Rosetta Stone" (Rock/Psychic)
Totairumu (Dragon), Unova's Legendary Original Dragons (Reshiram + Zekrom + Kyurem)
Genesect's New Forme "Proto Forme" (Bug/Rock), Exclusive Skill: "Megalo Cannon"

And the second post:

Chespin = Harimaron -> Harimaroo -> Hariyazutsu (Grass/Fighting)
Fennekin = Fokko -> Fokusunara -> Kitsunahara (Fire/Ground)
Froakie = Keroman/Keromatsu -> Ekerokero -> Raierun (Water/Electric)

It doesn't have any confirmed source but I will totally shit myself if it turns out to be true. It's very convincing regardless of authenticity. Just thought I'd share with you all in case it somehow turns out to be slightly true at all.

First post:

ジムリーダー:
>イチョウ - シルクバッジ (むし)
>ナズナ - テラコッタバッジ (じめん)
>キサゲ - フォーカスバッジ (エスパー)
>サンザ - ハザードバッジ (どく)
>タラゴン - ワイバーンバッジ (ドラゴン)
>レイシ - レムナントバッジ (ゴースト)
>キンマ - プラチナバッジ (はがね)
>コットン - カオスバッジ (あく)

四天王とチャンピオン:
>クモツ (ひこう)
>ガンピ (いわ)
>サイカチ (でんき)
>スミレ (くさ)
>フユガキ (ほのお・こおり)

伝説のポケモン:
>ボルズニル (はがね・ひこう)
>ウィルメグ (ドラゴン・どく)
>ゼルネアス (エスパー・じめん)
>イベルタル (かくとう・ひこう)
>ゼドラシル (ゴースト・くさ)
>ロゼタノン (いわ・エスパー)
>トタイルム (ドラゴン)、イッシュ地方の伝説のオリジナルドラゴン (レシラム+ゼクロム+キュレム)
>ゲノセクトのニューフォルム 「プロトフォルム」 (むし・いわ)、 専用技: 「メガロキャノン」

Second post:

御三家、はい? 求めよ然らば与えられん。

>ハリマロン -> ハリマロー -> ハリヤヅツ (くさ・かくとう)
>フォッコ -> フォクスナ -> キツナハラ (ほのお・じめん)
>ケロマツ -> エケロケロ -> ライエルン (みず・でんき)

Sephiroth
03-02-2013, 01:31 PM

This can be changed in a new Pokémon game. Milotic in Generation 5 also does not evolve like it did in Generation 3 and 4.

Still I don't really believe some of these things. You cannot change the main characters' names? Definitely not. I believe it for the "rival main character" since it is normal now that you cannot change his/her name.

Formalhaut
03-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Gym Leaders:
Ichou/Ginkgo: Silk Badge (Bug)
Nazuma: Terra Cotta Badge (Ground)
Kisage/Scraping: Focus Badge (Psychic)
Sanza/Thousand: Hazard Badge (Poison)
Taragon: Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
Reishi/Litchi: Remnant Badge (Ghost)
Kinma/Betel: Platina Badge (Steel)
Kotton/Coton: Chaos Badge (Dark)

Elite Four and Champion:
Kumonshi/Kumotsu (Flying)
Ganbe/Ganpi (Rock)
Saikachi (Electric)
Sumeru/Violet (Grass)
Fuyugaki (Fire/Ice)

If this list is true, then that's a very interesting type mix-up. Bug types are typically situated towards the beginning of the game (Gen II had it second) so that's no surprise. Ground is quite a uncommon type, at least for me, and is one of those types that I have to look at a type chart for. Still, it's second in the line-up, so it's not so powerful.

Psychic early on is very uncommon. Gen.III had it seventh;Gen.I had it sixth. It's quite common in the elite four however. It will be interesting what pokemon will be available to combat it so early on in the game. Of course, this is all assuming it is true. Poison also is a uncommon type;only Gen.I and Gen.V has poison. However, poison is linked with Bug and Grass anyway. If Bug is the first gym in Gen.VI, then poison, both as the type and status ailment, might be quite important.

The final four gym types are all, incredibly high level types. Dragon as the fifth gym! If true, that's a marked departure from the other generations. Ghost is quite a popular mid to late game addition anyway, so there's no surprise where it's at, but Steel is quite uncommon, only having a gym in Gen.II and Gen.IV, though their both late game choices, so this is just another addition. But at long last (if true), Dark gets it's own gym! Finally. It's gone four whole generations with no gym. As a lover of Dark types, I really want to see a Dark gym, at long last.

Of course, this entire thing could be complete trout. I don't want it to be trout. :p

Bunny
04-07-2013, 01:55 AM

Tigmafuzz
04-07-2013, 04:19 AM
Yup. New "original Mewtwo form" or whatever.

why

Rebellious Eagle
04-07-2013, 05:49 AM
The new Mewtwo thing is seriously butt-ugly and super unoriginal.

Jinx
04-07-2013, 12:46 PM
That thing is terrible, and defeats the whole purpose of Mew Two.

Formalhaut
04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
It looks awful! What it's name going to be be, Mewthree?

Jinx
04-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Mew :poo:

Formalhaut
04-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Mew :poo:

Mewpoo? Perfect!

Fynn
04-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I like it :)

Agent Proto
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Can't go wrong with a dark gym leader named Cotton.

Formalhaut
04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Can't go wrong with a dark gym leader named Cotton.

Evil Cotton!

Jinx
04-07-2013, 08:33 PM
A black gym leader?

Named cotton?

Ain't that a bit racist?

Freya
04-08-2013, 01:27 AM
MEWTHREE. I NEED YOU.

Jinx
04-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Just doesn't have that same ring to it.

Mew Cubed?

thatkefka
04-09-2013, 04:19 AM
While we're on the topic of Pokemon
I've been wanting to play an old school pokemon game
anyone know what pokemon are in Leaf Green that aren't in Fire Red?

If Cubone and Farfecth'd are in Leaf Green then Im good.

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 04:41 AM
If Cubone and Farfecth'd are in Leaf Green then Im good.

I checked an exclusives list, and Cubone is in both games. Meanwhile, Farfetch'd is also in both games, though you have to trade it for a Spearow in Vermillion City. This, naturally, makes Farfetch'd a one-shot deal.

Tigmafuzz
04-10-2013, 07:55 AM
If GameFreak can make new Pokemon just by adding their tails to their heads, then why can't we?

CHECK OUT THIS NEW POKEMON IT'S CALLED THREEMANDER

http://i.imgur.com/Fdy4aE2.png

Loony BoB
04-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Mewthree looks weird.

But wait!

Mewthree is evolving! Mewthree has turned into...

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4670266818626703&pid=15.1

the_best_noob
04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
The pokemon from last gen were unoriginal. They literally took real life animals an objects and made them into pokemon. Earlier generations did this, but not on the same scale. Hopefully this will be better, might be worth popping out the DS emulator for this and TWEWY

Tigmafuzz
04-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Mewthree looks weird.

But wait!

Mewthree is evolving! Mewthree has turned into...

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4670266818626703&pid=15.1

http://i.imgur.com/eU71b09.jpg

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Took me a while to realise what was different.

04-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Apparently it's Mewtwo's new form...still no name yet.

Tigmafuzz
04-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Took me a while to realise what was different.

http://i.imgur.com/2Qlk3qD.png

Jinx
04-16-2013, 02:51 AM
Are you just taking random body parts and putting them in random places?

Tigmafuzz
04-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Are you just taking random body parts and putting them in random places?

Is that not the same thing GameFreak did?

http://i.imgur.com/x0NbJf8.jpg

Lonely Paper Star
04-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Mewtwo will, in the end, just become a mass of limbs and tails and... other things. T___T

Tigmafuzz
04-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Mewtwo will, in the end, just become a mass of limbs and tails and... other things. T___T

http://i.imgur.com/dmMtJWn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lavdZqe.jpg

Elite Lord Sigma
04-17-2013, 01:44 AM

I'm sure that there's the chemical structure of the cure to cancer somewhere in that picture.

NorthernChaosGod
04-17-2013, 02:11 AM

http://i.imgur.com/dmMtJWn.jpg

I'm fucking struggling not to lol in class.

Tigmafuzz
04-17-2013, 03:37 AM
Mewtwo was inspired by Giygas anyway, right?

http://i.imgur.com/pM9yGER.jpg

Lonely Paper Star
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
OMG. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. D: !

Denmark
04-18-2013, 03:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6TktrTD.jpg

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Dugdodecaho?

NorthernChaosGod
04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
You brilliant bastards. xD

Tigmafuzz
04-18-2013, 02:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ab4kbAR.png

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2013, 04:38 PM
The last two look genuinely good.

Agent Proto
04-19-2013, 03:01 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9e3eb5ce945b1bfde5f77fd86d258d52/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/6591353b8db1df200370faae6b2879db/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o3_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5c376bc6aada20e5ae6bcd1e803b3819/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o1_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/8bbbf62807cc50f6881ac30beae958ca/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o4_250.gif

Sylveon is a Sailor Scout Pokemon.

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2013, 04:41 AM
I was going to say it's a rave pokemon. :p

Pheesh
04-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, Pikachu is tripping balls in that second gif

EDIT: Scratch that, all 4 of them are tripping balls.

Jinx
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
IT'S

SO

PREEEEEEEEEEETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NorthernChaosGod
04-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah, Pikachu is tripping balls in that second gif

EDIT: Scratch that, all 4 of them are tripping balls.
Look how much their pupils are dilated. :p

Tigmafuzz
04-20-2013, 09:44 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9e3eb5ce945b1bfde5f77fd86d258d52/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/6591353b8db1df200370faae6b2879db/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o3_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5c376bc6aada20e5ae6bcd1e803b3819/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o1_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/8bbbf62807cc50f6881ac30beae958ca/tumblr_mlfg036a8v1qj7ct2o4_250.gif

MOON TYPE CONFIRMED

Fynn
04-20-2013, 10:14 PM
I need a Sylveon! :love:

Formalhaut
04-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Moon type? Interesting. I do like Sylveon's design actually. :)

Jinx
04-20-2013, 10:56 PM
What, is this an Evee evolution?

Formalhaut
04-20-2013, 11:05 PM
It is an Eevee evolution, but it looks ALOT stronger than your bargin bucket Vaporeon. It seems very powerful indeed. Maybe the first legendary eveelution?

Jinx
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
I just want to play a pokemon game and have all Eevees/Eeveelutions.

04-21-2013, 10:13 AM

MOON TYPE CONFIRMED

Don't know if clever play on words, or serious.

If latter, then sauce!

Agent Proto
05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ad4e0327a356e0af031670c8956279c1/tumblr_mmn7ei6YNp1ri7dmlo1_500.png

Here we can see several new Pokemon.

• A ride-able Grass Pokemon named Gogoat
• A Normal-Flying Pokemon named Yayakoma
• An Electric-Normal Pokemon named Elekiteru
• A Fighting Pokemon named Yancham (Fighting Panda?!?!)

Also we get to see pictures of both trainers!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/aa966499e0a7834385aeca05664779a0/tumblr_mmn08cgSiB1ql423to1_1280.png

And they're also customizable, or at least you get to pick out of three choices for both male and female trainer. :O!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2c3e62e06a318bd41bf795bcf7425980/tumblr_mmn70bBH9Z1rhojlco1_500.jpg

CimminyCricket
05-12-2013, 02:09 AM
I just hope they look better than the last generation of pokemon. So far I am not convinced.

Skyblade
05-12-2013, 02:58 AM
I just hope they look better than the last generation of pokemon. So far I am not convinced.

So far, they look better than last gen's. But that's really not saying a lot.

Fynn
05-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I love the panda thing :D

Formalhaut
05-12-2013, 08:03 PM
The 5th Generation pokemon did look horrible, which actually made me not buy it.

The image above... eh. Better, but not quite matching 1 through 3. Heck, even the 4th generation had nice looking pokemon, and that picture is sort of... hrm. It's average.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-15-2013, 10:35 PM
The English names of the Pokémon revealed in June's CoroCoro issue:
-The Grass-type goat, Gogoat, has the same name in English. It can use Horn Leech, which was previously exclusive to Deerling and Sawsbuck.
-The Fighting-type panda, Yancham, is called Pancham in English.
-The Electric/Normal-type lizard, Elekiteru, is called Helioptile in English.
-The Normal/Flying-type robin, Yayakoma, is called Fletchling in English. It is also capable of using Nitro Charge.

As for trainer customization, it goes beyond just picking hair and skin color. As you play through the game, you will receive more apparel to wear which you can change into.

Also, two new attacks were revealed. Parabolic Charge, which Helioptile can learn, is a move that leeches health from the opponent. This attack also reveals that the twelve character limit on move names has been increased. Parting Shot, which Pancham can learn, is a move that reduces the opponents Attack and Special Attack before switching out.

Formalhaut
05-15-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't know why, but saying Gogoat sounds alot like the American phrasing for 'Yoghurt'. :p

Bunny
05-16-2013, 03:44 AM
The Normal/Flying-type robin, Yayakoma, is called Fletchling in English. It is also capable of using Nitro Charge.

Though that might be a bit farfetched.

Agent Proto
05-16-2013, 04:25 AM
I don't know why, but saying Gogoat sounds alot like the American phrasing for 'Yoghurt'. :p

Gogoat doesn't rhyme with yogurt., I kinda see it more like a "gokart"

Tigmafuzz
09-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Bumping thread because BREAKING NEWS with the latest CoroCoro leaks.

- Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions! The latest one is Mega Mewtwo X and is exclusive to Pokemon X. It is Psychic/Fighting, has Steadfast as its Ability, and its Mega Stone is called "Mewtwonite X." The original Mega Mewtwo is obviously called Mega Mewtwo Y, is exclusive to Pokemon Y, is Psychic-type, can learn Hypnosis, and its Mega Stone is called "Mewtwonite Y."

- Mega Garchomp has Sand Force as its Ability.

- Fairy-type is super effective against Fighting, Dark, and Dragon, weak to Steel and Poison, resists Fighting, Dark, and Bug, is not very effective against Steel, Fire, and Poison, and is immune to Dragon.

- Steel's Dark and Ghost-type resistances are gone now. :cry:

- Hariboogu is Chespin's evolution, Grass-type, and learns Mud Shot.
- furbait is Fennekin's evolution, is Fire-type, learns Psycho Cut, and has a twig in its broom-like tail (will it evolve into a witch or something?)
- Gekogashira, Froakie's evolution, is Water-type and learns Bounce.

- Two Fossil Pokemon are revealed: Chigorasu (the brown T. Rex) is a Rock/Dragon type has Hard Chin as its Ability, which increases the attack of moves involving the jaw, like Crunch. Amarusu (the blue Pokemon, whose name I keep misreading as Amaterasu) is a Rock/Ice type and has Freeze Skin as its Ability, which changes all its Normal-type attacks to Ice-type attacks and boosts their power as well.

- Torimian, a white Normal-type Pokemon (the one from the Pokemon Direct), has Fur Coat as its Ability, which cuts the damage from moves that come into contact with it in half. A new game mechanic allows you to trim its fur to change its appearance. Round Eyes is a new Fairy-type attack it can learn. Nyaonikusu (Meowstick from the leaks) is a Psychic-type cat, and has major gender differences. Each gender has a different set of movepools, with the male's movepool being more supportive and the female's being more aggressive. The male can learn Miracle Eye whereas the female can learn Extrasensory (the female is on the left, the male is on the right.) Nyaonikusu has Keen Eye or Infiltrator as its Abilities.

- For some reason Parting Shot, Geomancy, and Oblivion Wing are listed as unknown types (???) even though Geomancy was originally announced as a Fairy-type move and Oblivion Wing was announced as a Dark-type move. Dual-typed moves?

- There are five scientists associated with Team Flare: Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, and Kolea. Team Flare's goal is to create a beautiful new world.

- You can customize your clothes and hair at a Salon/Boutique. A famous actress named Karune helps you.

http://i.imgur.com/p6ry76W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lYA7Ktn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2Sz8TjW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IH2Q8CK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JGFu51O.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uyHnJpV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a2aSPgJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QRnlqpa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vCa9zb7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1xIUxwV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xGZW7fN.jpg

Hype level:

http://i.imgur.com/d1OFV8Z.png

EDIT: Official site (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/) update!

http://i.imgur.com/vER894t.png

http://i.imgur.com/BvRivp7.png

http://i.imgur.com/o5kHP0L.png

http://i.imgur.com/93S30hp.png

http://i.imgur.com/HRwYQVG.png

lol fedora
http://i.imgur.com/p7LhAzc.jpg

And Karune's English name is Diantha.

Hype level unchanged.

Agent Proto
09-13-2013, 03:43 PM
3qQPNO9D8rw

Formalhaut
09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
I like that you can change your pokemon trainer's hats, and clothing. Of course, we're not sure how expansive that is but it's still a big improvement.

Damn, Fennekin's evolution looks awesome. Definitely getting Fennekin when I get Pokemon X or Y.

Actually, I'd probably lean towards X. Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting, while Mega Mewtwo Y is plain ol' Psychic. That and the legendary for X looks great.

Denmark
09-13-2013, 05:01 PM
hype level: mega absol

still looking like grass/dark, fire/psychic, water/fighting

which i'm 100% okay with

Formalhaut
09-13-2013, 05:18 PM
hype level: mega absol

still looking like grass/dark, fire/psychic, water/fighting

which i'm 100% okay with

As long as we don't get another Fire/Fighting, I'm happy :p And Absol is one of my favourite pokemons, so I'm very looking forward to seeing Mega Absol.

Nicolas
09-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Seeing another Fire/Fighting will be annoying. Hopefully den is right and those are the types we're getting. Though, the game is also letting you choose one of the three original starters. That alone makes me very happy.

Skyblade
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
3qQPNO9D8rw

Where to begin?

"Evolutions of your first Pokémon". Come on, Gamefreak. You guys can do better than these. Quilladin just looks ridiculous. Braixen has an interesting witch-motif going on, but I don't think I'm a fan of it. Frogardier at least still looks pretty good. It is nice to see Pokémon that look like they'll have new type combinations. Because I am also sick of Fire/Fighting starters.

"Pokémon restored from fossils"? Really? That's been a feature since Gen I, and you guys still put it on your trailers, and still can't think of anything new to do with it?

Different forms for male and female Pokémon. Well, yay. But what took so long? Seriously, this is another of those things we've been looking forward to for Generations. Gen II introduced the first truly "female" Pokémon, and we've been getting enhanced versions of those ever since, with some having different appearances and evolutions depending on gender. But, let's face it, we've all been waiting for Nidoran to become a single Pokémon with two forms since then. And now the Pokédex can rage about it.

"Mega Garchomp". Oh, yay. The most broken, banned Pokémon in the series has been buffed further, and looks even more ridiculous. Oh well, hopefully we'll at least get to see Cynthia wielding this monster. Because Cynthia is awesome.

Agent Proto
09-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Geez, you're taking this game too seriously already and it's not even out yet.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Seeing how the mega evolutions are done with the watches just reminds me of Digimon, haha.

Tigmafuzz
09-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Good. Digimon has always been better. Maybe they're making it more similar on purpose :p

Evastio
09-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Of the starters' middle stages, I'm liking the frog's the best so far. Though the final forms will be the deciding factor on the starter I choose.

Mewtwo X, I'll admit I find quite neat, but I still have a burning hatred for Mewtwo for a lot of reasons.

I'm liking the two fossil Pokemon, especially Amaura. I never would've expected a fossil brontosaurus to be part ice.

As for Pyroar, I guess it's alright. Though fire types have always been my least favourite Pokemon type.

Meowstic seem very interesting, especially with the major gender and moveset differences. I wonder if they'll be considered different Pokedex entries like the male and female Nidoran families. And with Meowstic's reveal, this rumour compilation (http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications) is on its way of being 100% true. Yeah, the spelling was off since it said Meowstick, but I'm not going to disqualify a list just because of a one letter mistake, especially on a list that has been spot on so far.

Furfrou seems like a fun Pokemon to customize, though I can't help but feel people will do dirty and inappropriate things with its fur style.

WildRaubtier
09-14-2013, 05:32 AM
dat mega garchomp jawline, seriously

soooo manly

Elite Lord Sigma
09-14-2013, 08:23 AM
3qQPNO9D8rw

Different forms for male and female Pokémon. Well, yay. But what took so long? Seriously, this is another of those things we've been looking forward to for Generations.

Different appearances for different genders have been around since Generation IV.

Anyway, I initially decided on Froakie, and Frogadier has made me more confident about my decision. It's fairly obvious that the naming scheme involves Rookie -> Brigadier, so I'm thinking that the final evolution will have a name with general or something similar as part of it.

I'm capturing a Furfrou regardless of its use in battle; my grandfather has a goldendoodle, so I'm grooming it to look like her.

Two other random notes. First, does anybody else find it funny that Tyrunt gets obliterated by Draco Meteor? Second, I'm thinking the theory that the starters are based off the warrior/mage/rogue archetypes is looking more and more plausible.

Bunny
09-14-2013, 09:05 AM
goldendoodle

what the hell is that

Aulayna
09-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I am ridonkulously excited for this.

Pike
09-14-2013, 10:27 AM
goldendoodle

what the hell is that

a ridiculous looking dog

Tigmafuzz
09-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Furfrou seems like a fun Pokemon to customize, though I can't help but feel people will do dirty and inappropriate things with its fur style.

Nah, they'll be too busy "customizing" female Meowstic and Braixen.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-14-2013, 03:08 PM
goldendoodle

what the hell is that

a ridiculous looking dog

Essentially, it's what you get when you cross-breed a golden retriever and a poodle, hence the name.

Nicolas
09-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Hm. Is it me or does the Grass starter look to be turning into Grass/Ground like Turtwig? If so, that is not bad since it seems to be a rather rare combination. Not amazing, mind you, just rare. Hopefully they'll make this a great starter set with all dual types for the final evolutions. Seems to be the most exciting game they've released in a while. Hopefully they'll do a "decent adventure story" since they're usually goofy. Well, except for Black/White, which at least brought forward the idea Pokemon are slaves and deserve freedom. It'd be silly to let that stick around and not have it ruined by the ending or subsequent sequel. Absolutely silly.

Skyblade
09-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Geez, you're taking this game too seriously already and it's not even out yet.

I'm currently stuck recovering from a traffic accident. Pokémon is one of the things that's keeping me from being bored out of my mind right now (since Rune Factory 4 was delayed). I reserve the right to take it seriously.

Besides, I'm only taking the trailers seriously. I just really think they could do better. Game Freak has an excellent history with these games, but at the same time, things don't always look promising.

I'm really questioning Mega Evolutions right now. Just how useful is it going to be if it only works for one battle? At least, to single-player people, I'm sure it'll have a huge effect on the multiplayer community. Also, will you be able to fast-forward through or skip the evolution scene? Because otherwise I can see it getting annoying if you do it a lot.

I'm also curious about the degree of customization. If Mewtwo becomes Psychic/Fighting with increased Physical attack, it'll have to have a completely different move setup than a Special Psychic. So how much control will you be able to have on the Mega Evolutions? Can you choose what moves they'll learn and such when they evolve? Or will the game control it or restrict it for you?

Also, I'm hoping we'll get something like Dream Radar for X and Y, because I really liked having a spin-off that was tied so directly to the main game. It was wonderful for picking up new Pokémon and items.

3qQPNO9D8rw

Different forms for male and female Pokémon. Well, yay. But what took so long? Seriously, this is another of those things we've been looking forward to for Generations.

Different appearances for different genders have been around since Generation IV.

Different appearances, yes. Different "Formes", no.

It's like the differences between Giratina's Flying or Ground Forme. Or the Various Rotom Formes. Different stat lineups, different movesets, things like that.

So, again, it's been in game since Nidoran in Gen I. Further games expanded on it. First we got actual different genders for Pokémon in Gen II. Then they started giving us the differing appearances in Gen IV. We also got different evolutions for things like Kirlia only being able to become a Gallade if it's male, otherwise, only being able to become a Gardevoir. And we also got the official differing "Formes" for other Pokémon, which include things like new moves and differing stats.

If they were making Nidoran now, it would only be one Pokémon, with two different Formes based on its gender, and restricted evolutions, again based on gender.

So I'm wondering if they'll finally remove the second Pokédex entry and just give us "Nidoran".

Anyway, I initially decided on Froakie, and Frogadier has made me more confident about my decision. It's fairly obvious that the naming scheme involves Rookie -> Brigadier, so I'm thinking that the final evolution will have a name with general or something similar as part of it.

Maybe we'll only get one evolution per starter this time! That would leave us with The Brigadier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigadier_(Doctor_Who)) as the final evolution, and it's not like they could do better than that. :)

I'm capturing a Furfrou regardless of its use in battle; my grandfather has a goldendoodle, so I'm grooming it to look like her.

I usually try to capture at least one of everything, so nothing new here.

Two other random notes. First, does anybody else find it funny that Tyrunt gets obliterated by Draco Meteor? Second, I'm thinking the theory that the starters are based off the warrior/mage/rogue archetypes is looking more and more plausible.

So Grass is Warrior, Fire is Mage, and Water is Rogue?

Nah, they'll be too busy (SPOILER)"customizing" female Meowstic and Braixen.

Can you customize any Pokémon, or only the Furfrous?

Tigmafuzz
09-14-2013, 06:04 PM
The dex so far:

http://i.imgur.com/7bULk50.png

Essentially, it's what you get when you cross-breed a golden retriever and a poodle, hence the name.

I wonder what it would look like shaven...

http://i.imgur.com/UHuJy17.png

Can you customize any Pokémon, or only the Furfrous?

http://i.imgur.com/PZcS6Lq.jpg

WildRaubtier
09-15-2013, 03:17 AM
Reverse it, Grass is rogue, Fire is mage, Water is warrior.

Skyblade
09-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Reverse it, Grass is rogue, Fire is mage, Water is warrior.

Really? How do you figure?

Frogadier is both far more slender, and has more poise.
Quilladin is far more bulky, and has a far less controlled stance/personality.

Which of those two would you say could stealth, if the situation required it? Who looks more accurate, more precise, and more able to dodge?

WildRaubtier
09-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Because Frogadier == Brigadier. And that grass type is clearly hooded and nefarious.

Water's stance is also hella more disciplined.

Pike
09-15-2013, 10:24 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/cbffe788ff261f76c89dae48f2d4ace8/tumblr_mt2ndtqOlD1qdg3a3o1_500.png

Tigmafuzz
09-15-2013, 12:57 PM
And that grass type is clearly hooded and nefarious.

It'd be cool to have its final evo be Grass/Dark. Because then Froakie's final evo could be Water/Fighting, and they'd have a nice counterbalance going. Fire beats Grass, but Dark beats Psychic. Grass beats Water, but Fighting beats Dark. Water beats Fire, but Psychic beats Fighting.

Which would make Chespin's line a lot cooler, since Dark is the only one actually immune to its counterpart in the trio, instead of just resistant. Plus rogues are just the absolute coolest. I really hope its final evo isn't just a giant chestnut.

Skyblade
09-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Because Frogadier == Brigadier. And that grass type is clearly hooded and nefarious.

Water's stance is also hella more disciplined.

I'll give you the name, but not the rest of us.

I don't see Quilladin as "hooded". Chespin is wearing a helmet, and Quilladin trades it out for a full set of spiky armor.

Also, I don't see anything "nefarious" about either of the grass types. They both seem really up-front and outgoing.

Yes, Frogadier's stance is more disciplined. That's kind of the point. Rogues are about agility: Controlled movements and precision. Frogadier has a very disciplined stance because it's the rogue. It is all about precise control of movements.

Let's look at the stances of both grass and water for a second. Froakie is completely unassuming and unthreatening. Then we get Chespin, the exact opposite. He's clearly taking an aggressive pose, with a stance and face that seem to say "I can take you". And then we have Quilladin, who is clearly the bulkiest of the Pokémon so far. Again, no subtlety or control in its stance, more a pose that screams "come and get me". As though it's a tanking warrior, not an agility based rogue.

While we're on names, though, if Frogadier's name uses "Brigadier" or even "Grenadier", Quilladin uses "Paladin" the same way.

Also, I went ahead and Googled "Warrior/Rogue/Mage" and "Pokémon" together, just to see where this discussion had come from, and the links I found all seem to be calling Froakie the Rogue, even before the release of the evolutions.

I also think Water/Dark, Grass/Fighting/ and Fire/Psychic are more likely than giving each a counter to it's usual weakness, even if it is unbalanced. Plus, I don't think we've gotten a Grass/Fighting yet, so it would be interesting to see.

WildRaubtier
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Quilladin's name probably derives from Pangolin, not paladin.

Also, Breloom spits at you. Virizion hates you, too.

Skyblade
09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Quilladin's name probably derives from Pangolin, not paladin.

Also, Breloom spits at you. Virizion hates you, too.

If true, it's referring to essentially the only scale-covered mammals in the world. Scales would indicate armor, thus be more in line with a warrior than a rogue.

Sorry, I forgot Breloom. I didn't know about Virizion though. I haven't finished Gen V yet.

Edit: Since I'm petty, these are the top two results for my Google search with "Quilladin" and "Rogue":
Quill + Paladin (http://www.gamespot.com/pokemon-x/forum/quilladin-braixen-and-frogadier-67231597/?page=1)
Quilladin=Palladin? (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67232010)

Warrior, Mage, and Rogue (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67226052)

Pokédex blurbs:
Official Pokémon website. (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/starters/)

Notice that Chespin/Quilladin are all about the armor/shell, while Froakie and Frogadier are about it's jumping/agility?

Heck, Quilladin's species name is apparently "Spiny Armor Pokémon".

2nd Edit: Separate info, apparently Fairy's full effectiveness list is now available.
Type-Chart (http://pokemondb.net/type)

Steel blocks Fairy well too, but the interesting thing is confirmation on giving Poison another type to do well against (about time), and Steel does double damage to fairies too (which, in addition to giving Steel a much-needed attack boost, also makes sense from a lore perspective. Iron is, after all, the bane of the Faerie world).

Agent Proto
09-16-2013, 04:32 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/4648c0deb6ae4a0238372cf2e22c7ec8/tumblr_inline_mt6uq8Zudn1rkcfs0.jpg

Skyblade
09-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Is anyone else confused by the Fairy type? It was implemented to Counter Dragons, which only had two Weaknesses, one of which was extremely uncommon.

To fix this, the introduce Fairies. Which only have two weaknesses. Both of which are really uncommon.

Granted, moves like Venoshock and Poison Cross have made Poison more useful in this Generation, but it's still a massively underutilized attack Type due to its horrible coverage.

Steel is better, since it has good availability and some Types can use it to cover weaknesses (plus some good Defenders get good STAB with it), but it's still not a mainstay on most teams, to my knowledge.

Are Fairies going to be the new Dragons?

http://media.tumblr.com/4648c0deb6ae4a0238372cf2e22c7ec8/tumblr_inline_mt6uq8Zudn1rkcfs0.jpg

Chespin looks way more awesome in that pic than anywhere else.

Calliope
09-17-2013, 06:46 PM
I want a Chespin! I don't think we have a system that can support this game, though.

Flaming Ice
09-17-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm liking the two fossil Pokemon, especially Amaura. I never would've expected a fossil brontosaurus to be part ice.

Dino Fighter .....

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Meet Amaura's and Tyrunt's Evolutions! | pokéjungle.net (http://pokejungle.net/2013/09/19/amaura-evo-leaked/)

mfw bearded dragon king evo

http://i.imgur.com/YSoFII9.gif

I'm gonna name it Sephex

Skyblade
09-19-2013, 06:08 PM
You get EXP for captures now? I'm not sure I like that. I used to use Pokemon I wanted to keep untouched for capturing.

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2013, 06:54 PM
You get EXP for captures now? I'm not sure I like that. I used to use Pokemon I wanted to keep untouched for capturing.

Yup.

Pokémon X & Y – Aurorus’ moves detailed, Pokémon will gain XP (http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/19/pokemon-x-y-amuras-moves-detailed-evolves-into-aurorus)

The Pokémon in X & Y will also gain experience points after trainers have captured another Pokémon. In previous games, they would not earn XP. This information was posted by Nintendo World Report, after having hands on time with the game earlier this week.

IT'S HAPPENING

1. Put weak pokemon at front of party
2. Encounter legendary Pokemon
3. Master Ball
4. ?????
5. Profit!

I've never been so happy.

I hope it's not full exp., though. I don't think it will be. Maybe based on the percentage of health you took off before catching it, or the percentage of health it has left, the number of turns, etc.
>implying GameFreak could come up with anything that complicated

Maybe it'll even have to do with which kind of ball you use.

Maybe there'll be an EXP Ball that doubles the amount of experience you get when catching pokemon. I hope there is.

Also I hope your Pogeymans gain EVs when you catch another one. So many possibilities.

Oh, and: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Skyblade
09-19-2013, 07:33 PM
I just hope the switch to the 3DS finally does away with Event Pokémon. If there's one thing I hate about the series, it's Nintendo's obsession with on-cart DLC.

So many cool Pokémon and events that either never get distributed (we still never got the Flute to go meet Arceus and catch it in-game), or are only available for a week or two before going away.

Hopefully with the 3DS actually being able to fully support DLC and expand upon games and such, we can make event Pokémon available for more permanent download through the e-shop (and, with luck, even keep the events if we choose to reset the game).

Evastio
09-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Aww... I have to choose between the two fossil Pokemon when they both look awesome? This reminds me of having to pick between Archeops and Carracosta in the 5th Gen, though since I chose Oshawott as my starter, it made that choice simpler since Carracosta is a part water type and would be more redundant than an Archeops. As of now, there's no other new dragon or ice types I'm wanting to train so the choice isn't as clear cut for me. I'm leaning towards Aurorus currently, though.

And I understand 6th Gen Pokemon not getting any Mega Evolutions, since it'd seem a bit overkill if they introduced all the new 6th Gen Pokemon and gave them Mega Evolutions. At least by giving Mega Evolutions to Gens 1-5, it'd help give a relatively equal amount of limelight to the previous generations while still introducing a brand new 6th Generation.

Skyblade
09-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Aww... I have to choose between the two fossil Pokemon when they both look awesome? This reminds me of having to pick between Archeops and Carracosta in the 5th Gen, though since I chose Oshawott as my starter, it made that choice simpler since Carracosta is a part water type and would be more redundant than an Archeops. As of now, there's no other new dragon or ice types I'm wanting to train so the choice isn't as clear cut for me. I'm leaning towards Aurorus currently, though.

And I understand 6th Gen Pokemon not getting any Mega Evolutions, since it'd seem a bit overkill if they introduced all the new 6th Gen Pokemon and gave them Mega Evolutions. At least by giving Mega Evolutions to Gens 1-5, it'd help give a relatively equal amount of limelight to the previous generations while still introducing a brand new 6th Generation.

Eh, people will either find duplication glitches (again), or hack the game in the first two weeks, and there will be thousands of fossils free to trade around.

Evastio
09-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Online for portable consoles never seems to work well for me, even if I bring it to a hotspot like McDonalds or something. My home consoles work significantly better with the internet, but it's still rather shaky and messes up every 1 in 6 times. You don't have to worry about it, since I don't want to derail the thread with my internet gaming woes, and I mostly play offline games.

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I just hope the switch to the 3DS finally does away with Event Pokémon.

You're hoping for Game Freak and Nintendo to stop loving money.

Hopefully with the 3DS actually being able to fully support DLC and expand upon games and such, we can make event Pokémon available for more permanent download through the e-shop

I would like this.

(and, with luck, even keep the events if we choose to reset the game).

:lol:

Skyblade
09-19-2013, 10:21 PM
I just hope the switch to the 3DS finally does away with Event Pokémon.

You're hoping for Game Freak and Nintendo to stop loving money.

Hopefully with the 3DS actually being able to fully support DLC and expand upon games and such, we can make event Pokémon available for more permanent download through the e-shop

I would like this.

(and, with luck, even keep the events if we choose to reset the game).

:lol:

No, I want Nintendo and Game Freak to love money more.

I want Event Pokémon to be DLC. Maybe "free for a limited time, then paid", or something similar. I'd like my gameplay of the series to not be dependent on following their frelling websites and carting myself all over town every six months.

Do you know how hard it is to find a Toys 'R' Us these days on the spur of a moment for a new event Regigigas? Do you know what a pain it is having to drive down to Gamestop with broken bones so that I can download the event shinies before X and Y come out?

What's more, I'm sick of the format of it. I'm sick of getting Team Plasma's ultimate Genesect just given to me by a delivery guy in a random Pokémart. I'm sick of these super legendary and rare Pokémon literally just getting dropped off for us.

Gen IV handled things relatively well, with the amount of tickets and passes which unlocked events in game (like Darkrai, Rotom, Shaymin, Lati@s, and the Pokéwalker courses). But even then, they never used all the ones they put in game, as Arceus could never be caught by a player, despite being programmed in. The god Pokémon that created the region, and it's just given to you by a delivery guy. Seriously.

And then in Gen V, we got rid of all of that. We kept Victini that way, but the rest? Nope, sorry, go see the delivery dude.

It's boring, it's unimaginative, and it doesn't do justice to the rest of the concepts in the series.

Now we've moved to the 3DS. We can make bigger games, with more depth. And the 3DS supports full expansion, including new maps, and entirely new scripted events (which the DS never did, which is why every DS "downloadable" event can be, and was, hacked and made available via Action Replay and such).

I want the majority of these event Pokémon to become full DLC. Not all of them. Pokémon for tournaments and such? Fine. But for legendary Pokémon or event Pokémon (like the special Pichu from HG and SS)? Nope. Make them accessible in the e-Shop. Let them be downloaded at any time (again, make them free during the promotional period, if you want, and charge otherwise), and let people get them whenever they want during the game. And, again, let these new DLCs stick with the game if you decide to reset or start over, so that you can pick up the Pokémon again, even if you're no longer within the time period for the event, because you've already gotten it.

And imagine what this could do. Next time Game Freak wants to give us a new legendary, they can throw in an actual in-game event supporting it. A new building is unlocked, a new route opens up in a cave, etcetera. The world actually expands and deals with these Pokémon, not just some delivery guy.

I love the Pokémon games. I really, really like most of the changes they brought in Gen V (not all, but most of them). But I wish they'd move on from their current system for handling events. I'd rather pay for event Pokémon than miss out on them entirely because I wasn't playing Pokémon during the two weeks it was active.

Tigmafuzz
09-23-2013, 05:32 PM

WildRaubtier
09-25-2013, 04:25 PM
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/923390_409455612509722_1681189407_n.png

I don't know if it's so bad it's good, or if it's just terrible.

Denmark
09-25-2013, 05:23 PM
diglett->dugtrio
magnemite->magneton
beldum->metang->metagross (kind of)
klink->klang->klinklang
honedge->doublade

(compiled from a quick skim of this list (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number))

I guess they haven't really played out the "tape unevolved pokemon to get the evolved form" trope quite yet. and what's better than one ghost sword? two ghost swords, obviously.

could be ok since sword implies high attack. we'll see

Jinx
09-25-2013, 05:27 PM
yeah, but what's better than TWO swords?

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2013, 06:05 PM
It made sense for Dugtrio and Magneton, though. :(

Skyblade
09-25-2013, 11:53 PM
It made sense for Dugtrio and Magneton, though. :(

How did Dugtrio make sense?

Magneton worked. So did Klink/Klang/Klinklang, I think (they're gears, fitting together is what they do).

Also, why does Honedge evolve into a piece of wall ornamentation?

WildRaubtier
09-26-2013, 01:06 AM
diglett->dugtrio
magnemite->magneton
beldum->metang->metagross (kind of)
klink->klang->klinklang
honedge->doublade
Stayu->Starmie
Koffing->Weezing

Skyblade
09-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Has there been any word yet on a return of Challenge Mode/Easy Mode for X&Y? Hopefully with a better way to unlock them than "complete the game or trade with someone who has completed the game".

Denmark
09-26-2013, 10:17 PM

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/9/90/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Four_Swords_(logo).png

Skyblade
09-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Let's see. Things I'd like to see going forward.

Useful Pokéballs. My gosh, WTF is up with Game Freak? Making useful new Pokéballs is easy, yet they seem to have one of the worst imaginations in this regard.

Hidden Ball - Increases catch rate the smaller the percentage chance of encountering a Pokémon is in the current area. Remember the 5% chance you get to see a Sigilyph? Yeah, this ball would help you catch that one. It would also help with the rare shaking grass Pokémon like Throh/Sawk in their incorrect version.
Growth Ball - Doubles all EVs acquired by the Pokémon inside.
Learner's Ball - Doubles all Exp gained by the Pokémon inside.
Repel Ball - Reduces your chances to encounter the type of Pokémon inside while the ball is in your party.
Magnet Ball - Increases chance of catching Electric and Steel Pokémon (seriously, why does Water get all the love?)

And those are just simple ones that you can make in seconds. I'd also love to see more complicated ones. How about a ball that teaches a Pokémon unique moves as it levels up in it?

Also, while we're at it, can they finally choose how they actually want to do their non-combat minigames? I am so sick of these changing each and every game. The entire strength of the battle system is that it's a solid system that only changes in minor ways each time, so you can learn and carry over your knowledge. So why do they totally revamp the mechanics of the performances?

Remove the delivery guy. I am seriously sick of him, we deserve a more interesting way to get the Pokémon of legends than getting them stuffed in a box and conveniently deposited in a Pokécenter.

Add in multi-region support. One of the reasons why Gen II was so well received was because you could go back to the Gen I areas. Expand upon the world a bit, let us visit places from past adventures.

Stop introducing new Teams. Seriously, it's getting on my nerves. Again, something Gen II did well was to reuse Team Rocket. Now we've got Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare, not to mention all the dozens in the spin-offs. Give us familiar villains, please, not just a foe-of-the-week that we can't take seriously.

Give us easier ways to manipulate IVs. I swear, Pokémon has still got to be one of the the most hacked games I've ever played. Granted, a lot of people just want to catch them all (in one game), but there's also so many people who want to get a good team in less than the 30,000 hours it takes to breed/capture high IV Pokémon.

EDIT: Oh, yes, and DLC. Such as:
Kanto Pack: Add the standard Kanto Pokémon to the game. They'll appear in various areas, able to be captured.
Johto Pack: Same as above, but for Johto Pokémon.
Hoenn Pack: Same as above, but for Hoenn Pokémon.
Sinnoh Pack: Same as above, but for Sinnoh Pokémon.
Unova Pack: Same as above, but for Unova Pokémon.
Gen I Legendaries Pack: Get Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres added to your game to be captured (preferably in cool/hard to reach locations).
Gen II Legendaries Pack: Get Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune in your game to be captured (again, hard to find or high level areas).
Gen III Legendaries Pack 1: Get Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Latios, and Latias in your game to be captured.
Gen III Legendaries Pack 2: Get Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys in your game to be captured.
Gen IV Legendaries Pack 1: Get Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Manaphy, Heatran, Regigigas, and Arceus in your game to be captured.
Gen IV Legendaries Pack 2: Get Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Shaymin, Cresselia, and Darkrai in your game to be captured.
Gen V Legendaries Pack 1: Get Victini, Meleotta, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Genesect in your game to be captured.
Gen V Legendaries Pack 2: Get Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem in your game to be captured.
Specials Pack: Get rare Pokémon like Pikachu with Surf, Darkrai with Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, etcetera in your game to be captured.
X Pack: Get the Pokémon X exclusive Pokémon available in Pokémon Y.
Y Pack: Get the Pokémon Y exclusive Pokémon available in Pokémon X.

Tigmafuzz
09-27-2013, 12:58 AM

A shield and polearm.

Bunny
09-27-2013, 02:12 AM
People complaining about swords in a game where an ice cream cone pokemon exists.

Denmark
09-27-2013, 08:37 PM
you mean, where three ice cream cone pokemon exist.

Agent Proto
09-27-2013, 08:41 PM
You know he meant the same line of evolution.

Skyblade
10-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Mewtwo isn't the only one get two Mega Evolutions.

Mega Charizard X
He finally becomes a Fire-Dragon, instead of Fire-Flying.
It also gets boosted attack, and Tough Claws, which boosts direct contact moves.

So, which do you prefer?

Fire-Flying with Drought and Special Attack?
Or Fire-Dragon with Tough Claws and Physical Attack?

Also, notice that Y gets the Special version of both Mewtwo and Charizard, while X gets a physical version with a type change. Theme?

Agent Proto
10-03-2013, 01:19 AM
The Starters' final evolutions were also leaked, though they could be fake! Not sharing much because I'm aware some of you guys don't want to get spoiled about these things. :p

NorthernChaosGod
10-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Fire/dragon sounds like a cool typing, I think that one sounds better to me so far. I like the look more too.

Does this mean that evolution will take normal damage from Fairy and Ice now, and double from only ground and rock?

Skyblade
10-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Fire/dragon sounds like a cool typing, I think that one sounds better to me so far. I like the look more too.

Does this mean that evolution will take normal damage from Fairy and Ice now, and double from only ground and rock?

Yep.

Even better, it's STAB moves, similar to Reshiram's, are only going to be resisted by a single Pokémon currently in existence, a Heatran with Flash Fire (actually, Reshiram's Blaze Aura negated Flash Fire, but Mega Charizard won't have that benefit).

Of course, this will change if they pair Fairy with any Fire-Resistance type. But Fairy itself doesn't resist Fire. And that still means only 4 possible combinations to resist Mega Charizard-X's STABs. Fire-Fairy, Water-Fairy, Rock-Fairy, and Dragon-Fairy. And I'm seriously not expecting a Dragon-Fairy combination, as they were invented as the anti-dragon. But maybe GameFreak will surprise me.

Although, since the evolutions seem to be based on the stone they carry, the Mega-Evolutions don't look to be game specific. The stones might be only available in one game, but if a Pokémon can hold them, they can probably be traded. So I'll happily transfer the stones over and get access to both for direct comparisons. Not to mention that would give me an extra edge in my opponent not knowing which I would Mega Evolve it to. If it works.

Freya
10-03-2013, 06:09 AM
damnit Fennekin started the cutest and in lame. damnit. froggy it is!

Bunny
10-03-2013, 10:13 AM
At this point, why the hell would ANYONE get Pokemon Y.

WildRaubtier
10-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Yveltal is still better than xerneas. And charizard still suffers from being charizard. Both mewtwos are ugly.

Skyblade
10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
At this point, why the hell would ANYONE get Pokemon Y.

Well, I'm planning on getting both.

But personally I'm preferring Y over X for a couple reasons. As WildRaubtier pointed out, Yveltal is better looking than Xerneas (though I do like Xerneas too). But I've also preferred special attacks over physical in the Pokémon games (and Mewtwo has the awesome Psystrike, which gives him the best of both worlds), and generally prefer them to the physical, contact based attacks.

Heck, my first real run with an all-physical Pokémon as my starter was White Version, where I had a fairly awesome Physical Samurott (Slash, Waterfall, X-Scissor, Swords Dance). And, while it had great type coverage and did well through most of the game, Pokémon with Static, Flame Body, Effect Spore, and similar abilities made me really regret choosing a physical main Pokémon.

So I have some apprehensions about Mega Charizard-X, since it's based entirely on contact moves. Also, while it has a better color scheme, I don't like it's design as much. The flames coming out of its mouth are not something that appeal to me, and seem to be in every pic of the form. Then too, his shoulder spikes aren't as cool as Char-Y's wrist wings (or impressive wingspan in general).

It also might depend on the version differences. White and Black had the White Forest/Black City, which was an awesome version difference (especially in BW2, where the keys let you eventually unlock the other game's location to switch out). Depending on how far they go with the version differences, I can understand possibly wanting one over the other.

Jinx
10-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Pokémon X And Y New Spoilers: Confirmed Final Starter Evolutions Revealed As Early Game Recipients Leak Information [PHOTOS] - International Digital Times (http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20200/20131003/pokemon-x-y-new-spoilers-evolution.htm)

Skyblade
10-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Well, I think that cements the Water-Rogue, Grass-Warrior, Fire-Mage debate.

Chesnaught is Grass-Fighting, so Breloom and Virizion have some competition. He's also likely to be pretty bulky with all that armor. Also, is that a Protect + Damage Reflection move he's got?

Delphox joins Victini and Zen Mode Darmanitan as Fire-Psychic.

Greninja is apparently going to be Water-Dark, though no picture of that.

Chesnaught = 6 Resistances, 6 Weaknesses (x4 from Flying Moves)
Delphox = 7 Resistances, 5 Weaknesses
Greninja = 6 Resistances, 5 Weaknesses, 1 Immunity.

It looks like Chesnaught is going to need that bulk, being the only one of the three with a x4 weakness, an extra weakness, and fewer resistances (once you factor in the immunity that Greninja has). While it does get some good resistances (Water, Electric, and Grass), it also picks up some quite common weaknesses, especially if Fairy is common or Poison actually does become more heavily used.

Delphox looks to be the only one not weak to the new Fairy type (in fact, it resists it), and depending on how overboard they go with their shiny new addition, that could easily be an advantage.

Greninja seems to be about average, resistance wise. Nothing great, and nothing really too devastating. It's weak to Fighting and Fairy, which could hurt it late game or competitively, but for most standard play, it looks like the weaknesses and resistances cancel each other out.

I think I'll be among those choosing Froakie (and trading myself the others from my second game).

Jinx
10-03-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm still going with Fennekin. :3

Denmark
10-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Greninja did nothing to dissuade me from my intent of getting Froakie. Though I was kind of hoping for Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting for some balance, but I'm not gonna complain. The only thing about Greninja being Water/Dark that I don't like is that it shares a type with Absol/Mega Absol. Oh well, more Dark!

Plus, getting Y version like I am (Sam wants X for Xerneas), I'll get Yveltal too! ALL DARK ALL THE TIME

Jinx
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Xerneas is a rainbow, deer, fairy pokemon. What is not to love?

Skyblade
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM

Eh, nothing really. I quite like both. I like Yveltal just a little bit more, due to it being a falcon and having a hint of menace to its look, but they're both pretty dang awesome.

Do you guys think that GameFreak is playing favorites with Charizard? Or are we going to see a Mega Venusaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise X/Y?

10-03-2013, 10:07 PM

He reminds me of the Forest God from Princess Mononoke <3

WildRaubtier
10-04-2013, 12:56 AM
I do believe they're based on the same myth

Agent Proto
10-04-2013, 02:24 AM

Eh, nothing really. I quite like both. I like Yveltal just a little bit more, due to it being a falcon and having a hint of menace to its look, but they're both pretty dang awesome.

Do you guys think that GameFreak is playing favorites with Charizard? Or are we going to see a Mega Venusaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise X/Y?

I think its possible we might see other Pokemon with both Mega X/Y versions. Mewtwo and Charizard can't be the only two.

qwertysaur
10-05-2013, 06:50 AM
I am in love with Doublade and want to use it now.

Skyblade
10-05-2013, 08:13 AM
New details on the Pokébank released. Apparently you can't transfer items. Which I think really sucks. I mean, I was really counting on getting over the Fossils, Luxury Balls (best dang ball in the game), evolution stones, Wise Glasses, things like that. Not to mention the Orbs for Sinnoh's Dragon Trio, the Plates for Arceus, Soul Dew for Lati@s, and other similar items. Heck, not even Cubone's Thick Club.

Aulayna
10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
So Chaps and Chapettes, are you getting X or are you getting Y?

NeoCracker
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm just going to hold out for Z. :p

Jinx
10-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I got X because XERNEAS omg.

Aulayna
10-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Do they even do that anymore? I thought they bucked that trend with W2/B2?

edit: This was @Neo

Skyblade
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Do they even do that anymore? I thought they bucked that trend with W2/B2?

edit: This was @Neo

There are several possibilities for it. I could see them doing another "third game" in their usual style. B2/W2 had a completely new story and new way of moving around the levels (and more new areas than any third game), so it is a bit more to make than the revamps we got earlier in the series. There's also the question if B2/W2 were as successful. I don't have the numbers (and I'm too lazy to look them up), but I know a lot of people were unhappy at the time of announcement with the way the sequels worked, thinking that the work put into it should have been going into Gen VI. So if Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were more successful as per their generation, they might do that again. And I could well see us getting a "Z", especially if the names are for the 3D coordinate system (we'll find out when we get the third legendary of the trio, if there is one).

Of course, direct sequels are a possibility, and I could see us getting an X2/Y2.

Or they could take the other route out and just make a 15 dollar DLC pack that adds in the refinements and features that would otherwise be in the new game.

Tigmafuzz
10-08-2013, 02:57 PM

The one with the Mewtwo that looks like the badass Mewthree we wanted all along, and not the one with the keyring/bottle opener on its head.

Formalhaut
10-08-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll get one of them for Christmas, most probably.

Denmark
10-08-2013, 03:57 PM

The one with the Mewtwo that looks like the badass Mewthree we wanted all along, and not the one with the keyring/bottle opener on its head.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/SicRlzDLjYk/hqdefault.jpg

Fynn
10-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Has anyone else seen the final starter evos?

Skyblade
10-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Has anyone else seen the final starter evos?

Honestly, I don't know why they haven't been officially released. The final starter evolution is incredibly important to a lot of players. Most people pick starters based on the final form, since that's the one they're going to be looking at for 90% of the game. Keeping them hidden is just silly. It's hardly a "spoiler" (the Gen 1 final evolutions were even version mascots). Heck, they released the Legendary Pokémon, and those are way worse from a spoiler point of view.

Fynn
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I know.

I kind of still wanna go with Fennekin, but Delphox is just so different than what you'd expect from a fire starter, that IDK. Plus, that Mega Charizad X looks kinda spiffing, so I don'/t know if I should just choose a different starter this time around.
EDIT: I added a list of all of the new POkemon people have encountered so far. This gen seems disappointingly small.

Denmark
10-08-2013, 06:10 PM
since this generation is set in france (http://www.pokedit.com/images/posts/2013/x-y-karos-map/kalos-region.jpg), i wonder if all the gym leaders will be woefully underpowered and just surrender

the version legendaries (including Zygarde) are all about that Norse mythology (specifically around the Yggdrasil). http://www.gamnesia.com/images/uploads/yggdrasil.jpg

Creatures live within Yggdrasil, including the wyrm (dragon) Níđhöggr, an unnamed eagle, and the stags Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraţrór.

wyrm = Zygarde, eagle = Yveltal, stag = Xerneas

also http://i.imgur.com/OKCcoeA.gif

I'm excited :excited:

Fynn
10-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Gotta love dat Goomy.

Agent Proto
10-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Whenever I do get my hands on this game, I'll be picking Fennekin as my starter.

http://i.imgur.com/juapsX5.jpg
Braixen is tsundere.

krissy
10-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Poké-King-of-the-Mon-Hill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XcHAebR9Aa8)

Tigmafuzz
10-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Poké-King-of-the-Mon-Hill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XcHAebR9Aa8)

I just came here to post that :(

Bunny
10-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Best Buy is currently doing a promotion where you can buy X or Y and get White/Black 1/2 or Conquest for 50% off.

Toys 'R Us is also doing a promotion where you buy one 3DS/Wii U game and get 40% off another, which works with X/Y preorders.

Lastly, Newegg has $5 off X/Y preorders.

Ultima Shadow
10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh gawd, I hope those mega evolutions of Gardevoir and Gyarados aren't real, or at least that there is an alternate X/Y version too. Because damn, they're ugly. I'd rather have my Gyara and Gardevoir stay in their normal forms than have them lose all of their style in exchange for some increased stats.

No, seriously, how could they make the mega evolutions of two of my favourite pokemons look so bad? =(

On the other hand, I'm very happy with how Mawile's turning out. I really like Mawile's design, but its stats are just too terrible for it to find a home in any of my teams. Now, with the addition of the Fairy type, it gets a pretty good typing combo with two immunities and only two weaknesses. And the mega evolution actually looks great and has one of the most powerful abilities ever that more than makes up for the normally average at best attack stat. Just use it in a trick room team, and it's going to kick major ass with 170+ base power and good typing coverage. Especially if you can manage to get a Sword Dance in.

I also kinda like Honedge. Compared to ice cream and keychains and whatnot, a living sword is pretty cool you know. Plus steel + ghost is another badass typing.

Tyrantrum is pretty awesome too. A T-Rex with beard = auto-win.

Tigmafuzz
10-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Zygarde is just so hilariously ugly I can't stop laughing at it

Skyblade
10-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Zygarde is just so hilariously ugly I can't stop laughing at it

It is ugly, I won't deny that. I think it works very well as a Pokémon version of Nidhogg, though. I hadn't noticed the Norse connection myself, but I'm quite liking it. Why couldn't we have a Norse Pokémon game instead of a French one?

Ultima Shadow
10-10-2013, 03:09 PM
It is ugly, I won't deny that. I think it works very well as a Pokémon version of Nidhogg, though. I hadn't noticed the Norse connection myself, but I'm quite liking it. Why couldn't we have a Norse Pokémon game instead of a French one?
Agreed. And it certainly has a much better design than the mega evolutions of two certain pokemon whose names both start with the letter G. *goes back to complaining about Gyarados and Gardevoir's mega evolutions*

I mean... maybe it's just the screenshots I've seen, but it looks like Gyara basically goes back to fish-form. What the heck? And it also changes type to Water/Dark apparently, which as cool or whatever it might sound IS JUST NOT WHAT I WANTED FOR MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE POKEMON! AHHH!!! And I don't want Mold Breaker either. Intimidate or gtfo! =(

Also, it seems like Mega Gengar - who actually looks kinda cool by the way - will have 170 base Sp Attack and the Shadow Tag ability. Combine that with 130 speed, and... yeah. Herpaderpasweepadeepah! I'm starting to really hope that activating the mega evos won't be as simple as just equiping the pokemon with the required item and have them transform on the first turn or something.

Something cool, though, is that Aegislash (final evo of Honedge) not only look nice but seem to be quite a powerhouse too. It learns both Sword Dance and one of the 2x speed-increasing moves and has some pretty nice STAB moves to go with each set like Shadow Sneak and Iron Head. And it gets some pretty nice coverage moves too. In its "attack form" it also has 150 base attack and sp attack and 60 in all other stats, while the defense form has 150 in both defenses and 60 in all the other stats. 60 speed might suck, but Shadow Sneak or 2 x Speed Boost takes care of that.

ps: I want pokemon Z alternative mega evolutions for Gyara and Gardevoir.

Skyblade
10-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Agreed. And it certainly has a much better design than the mega evolutions of two certain pokemon whose names both start with the letter G. *goes back to complaining about Gyarados and Gardevoir's mega evolutions*

We've only seen Mega-Gardevoir from a single screenshot. I'm hoping that the "balloon dress" is actually going to move in combat, so that the majority of the time it won't actually be a balloon.

I mean... maybe it's just the screenshots I've seen, but it looks like Gyara basically goes back to fish-form. What the heck? And it also changes type to Water/Dark apparently, which as cool or whatever it might sound IS JUST NOT WHAT I WANTED FOR MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE POKEMON! AHHH!!! And I don't want Mold Breaker either. Intimidate or gtfo! =(

If Mega-Evolution is battle only, Intimidate is probably going to be useless on it. Think of it. You send out Gyarados, it Intimidates the foe. You Mega-Evolve it, and now you have a useful ability on it again. It will depend if you can trade out for another Pokémon while keeping the Mega-Evolution, but my guess on that is actually "no". So you'd have Gyarados's Intimidate whenever you needed it, making Mold Breaker essentially a backup for after Intimidate has taken effect.

Also, it seems like Mega Gengar - who actually looks kinda cool by the way - will have 170 base Sp Attack and the Shadow Tag ability. Combine that with 130 speed, and... yeah. Herpaderpasweepadeepah! I'm starting to really hope that activating the mega evos won't be as simple as just equiping the pokemon with the required item and have them transform on the first turn or something.

Is Mega-Gengar still Poison subtyped and weak to Psychic? Or is it going to be Dark?

Everything I've seen has suggested "other requirements", so we'll see what they are. At the very least, though, I'm expecting some restrictions.

Something cool, though, is that Aegislash (final evo of Honedge) not only look nice but seem to be quite a powerhouse too. It learns both Sword Dance and one of the 2x speed-increasing moves and has some pretty nice STAB moves to go with each set like Shadow Sneak and Iron Head. And it gets some pretty nice coverage moves too. In its "attack form" it also has 150 base attack and sp attack and 60 in all other stats, while the defense form has 150 in both defenses and 60 in all the other stats. 60 speed might suck, but Shadow Sneak or 2 x Speed Boost takes care of that.

I've only seen its shield form, which I don't particularly like. 60 HP isn't great either, by the way, even if its defenses rock and it has a great defensive typing too (Steel is seriously Overpowered on the number of resistances it has).

ps: I want pokemon Z alternative mega evolutions for Gyara and Gardevoir.

And I want Mega-Marowak (I figure it would get two clubs, and a more intimidating looking skull/helmet). Maybe Mega Espeon too (definitely a Mega-Umbreon, that poor guy really needs the help), but a Magic Bounce Espeon is still pretty dang powerful, and I don't think the Mega-Evolutions are going to change the fact that the movesets of some Pokémon suck. The Eeveelutions get seriously shafted on what they can learn, attack-wise.

Sephex
10-10-2013, 05:08 PM
I enjoy Pokemon.

Quindiana Jones
10-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Mega-Gardevoir looks like a lychee.

Ultima Shadow
10-10-2013, 05:27 PM
We've only seen Mega-Gardevoir from a single screenshot. I'm hoping that the "balloon dress" is actually going to move in combat, so that the majority of the time it won't actually be a balloon.
I hope you're right. And I kinda hope that Mega Gyarados actually looks better in-game as well. But I won't get my hopes up.

If Mega-Evolution is battle only, Intimidate is probably going to be useless on it. Think of it. You send out Gyarados, it Intimidates the foe. You Mega-Evolve it, and now you have a useful ability on it again. It will depend if you can trade out for another Pokémon while keeping the Mega-Evolution, but my guess on that is actually "no". So you'd have Gyarados's Intimidate whenever you needed it, making Mold Breaker essentially a backup for after Intimidate has taken effect.You do have a point, if they don't keep their mega-forms when switching out. I thought that they would keep their mega forms, but if they don't then that would kinda balance some of the more broken mega-forms a bit too. So yeah.

Is Mega-Gengar still Poison subtyped and weak to Psychic? Or is it going to be Dark?Still Poison. Luckily. Gengar doesn't need a no-weakness typing in addition to those ridiculous stats. :p Though Poison might turn out to be a more relevant type now that Fairy has been introduced too.

I've only seen its shield form, which I don't particularly like. 60 HP isn't great either, by the way, even if its defenses rock and it has a great defensive typing too (Steel is seriously Overpowered on the number of resistances it has).
The attack form is pretty similar, but not looking like it's defending itself with the sheild basically. Still, I personally think it's pretty cool. And while 60 HP is low, putting just 100 EVs in HP, none in defense and not having a defense-boosting, it will still be able to survive a Flare Bliz from a max attack non-CB/Life Orb Infernape while in defense form.

And if it holds a Life Orb or some 20% ghost-type increasing item, then a Shadow Sneak after Swords Dance can be enough to OHKO back (assuming Sword Dance count as a defensive move and that the mode-change has priority over all attacks. Otherwise, it just has to be Sword Dance on the switch). And that's just taking one of its worse possible typing matchups. Its many resistances allows it to tank pretty much anything that Scizor could possibly throw at it. And if you just get that Autotomize in, it will be able to outspeed and - with Expert Belt or Life Orb - at least 2HKO pretty much any pokemon with just the moves revealed for it so far.

I might be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure this pokemon will end up in the OU tier and is going to be awesome in many teams. In a trick room team, getting a single Sword Dance in will turn it into a total monster.

And I want Mega-Marowak (I figure it would get two clubs, and a more intimidating looking skull/helmet). Maybe Mega Espeon too (definitely a Mega-Umbreon, that poor guy really needs the help), but a Magic Bounce Espeon is still pretty dang powerful, and I don't think the Mega-Evolutions are going to change the fact that the movesets of some Pokémon suck. The Eeveelutions get seriously shafted on what they can learn, attack-wise.
Mega-Marowak would be pretty neat, yes. I'd also like to see a mega Crobat. And who knows... perhaps the Eeveelutions will actually get better movepools in X/Y? The reduced power of hidden power from 70 to 60 doesn't help a lot for some though.

Skyblade
10-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I hope you're right. And I kinda hope that Mega Gyarados actually looks better in-game as well. But I won't get my hopes up.

Flying Pokémon now actively flap their wings in combat, so I don't see how that's much different from the dress.

If Mega-Evolution is battle only, Intimidate is probably going to be useless on it. Think of it. You send out Gyarados, it Intimidates the foe. You Mega-Evolve it, and now you have a useful ability on it again. It will depend if you can trade out for another Pokémon while keeping the Mega-Evolution, but my guess on that is actually "no". So you'd have Gyarados's Intimidate whenever you needed it, making Mold Breaker essentially a backup for after Intimidate has taken effect.You do have a point, if they don't keep their mega-forms when switching out. I thought that they would keep their mega forms, but if they don't then that would kinda balance some of the more broken mega-forms a bit too. So yeah.

Yep. Not guaranteed, but I think it's likely. It adds some balance to the Mega-Forms.

Also, how often do you switch Pokémon around in combat? I mean, Intimidate doesn't get that many uses for me in a typical battle anyway. Playing single player, I almost never pull a Pokémon, instead only switching after the opponent faints and I get my free switch. So I would usually only get a maximum of three uses of Intimidate anyway. And Mold Breaker is pretty awesome. It would negate Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Levitate, Sap Sipper, etcetera. Negating Water Absorb on a Quagsire can make Mega Gyarados's water attacks hit a lot harder.

Is Mega-Gengar still Poison subtyped and weak to Psychic? Or is it going to be Dark?Still Poison. Luckily. Gengar doesn't need a no-weakness typing in addition to those ridiculous stats. :p Though Poison might turn out to be a more relevant type now that Fairy has been introduced too.

Ghost/Dark is now weak to Fairy. No more Wondertombs.

The attack form is pretty similar, but not looking like it's defending itself with the sheild basically. Still, I personally think it's pretty cool. And while 60 HP is low, putting just 100 EVs in HP, none in defense and not having a defense-boosting, it will still be able to survive a Flare Bliz from a max attack non-CB/Life Orb Infernape while in defense form.

And if it holds a Life Orb or some 20% ghost-type increasing item, then a Shadow Sneak after Swords Dance can be enough to OHKO back (assuming Sword Dance count as a defensive move and that the mode-change has priority over all attacks. Otherwise, it just has to be Sword Dance on the switch). And that's just taking one of its worse possible typing matchups. Its many resistances allows it to tank pretty much anything that Scizor could possibly throw at it. And if you just get that Autotomize in, it will be able to outspeed and - with Expert Belt or Life Orb - at least 2HKO pretty much any pokemon with just the moves revealed for it so far (including possible OHKO on Blissey with Sacred Sword).

I might be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure this pokemon will end up in the OU tier and is going to be awesome in many teams. In a trick room team, getting a single Sword Dance in will turn into a total monster.

I liked it better when it was a living sword, not a shield holding a sword. But oh well.

I think the tier system is going to be torn to shreds when people realize that there isn't a cheat system for the 3DS, and lose their ability to create custom Pokémon at will. Smogon is certainly going to have to rethink its systems.

Mega-Marowak would be pretty neat, yes. I'd also like to see a mega Crobat. And who knows... perhaps the Eeveelutions will actually get better movepools in X/Y? The reduced power of hidden power from 70 to 60 doesn't help a lot for some though.

I suppose the new movepools are a possibility. Since GameFreak does actually seem to be looking at the old Pokémon, even a little. Maybe they'll finally realize that the Eeveelutions really need more than their STAB attacks to survive.

90% of Pokémon don't have Hidden Power 70 anyway. Honestly, the move is already so gimmicky, and now they're reducing it even more?

Edit: As long as we're basing Pokémon on mythologies, I want a Quetzacoatl. Mostly because a flying snake would be able to learn both Coil and Quiver Dance (Dunsparce has wings, maybe it could get Quiver Dance, even if it is typically moth/butterfly-only). Think about it. Toss in either Minimize or Double Team, and Baton Pass, and you would have a Pokémon that could Baton Pass every stat boost in the game. Bonus points if it had the ability Simple and got double boosts from all of those.

Ultima Shadow
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Yep. Not guaranteed, but I think it's likely. It adds some balance to the Mega-Forms.

Also, how often do you switch Pokémon around in combat? I mean, Intimidate doesn't get that many uses for me in a typical battle anyway. Playing single player, I almost never pull a Pokémon, instead only switching after the opponent faints and I get my free switch. So I would usually only get a maximum of three uses of Intimidate anyway. And Mold Breaker is pretty awesome. It would negate Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Levitate, Sap Sipper, etcetera. Negating Water Absorb on a Quagsire can make Mega Gyarados's water attacks hit a lot harder.
Depending on the team I'm using and the team I'm facing, I might actually switch around a whole lot. And even if I only switch in Gyara twice in a battle, Intimidate will usually be very relevant both of those times. Only in online-play though. Switches are less relevant against the in-game AI trainers. And Mold Breaker is a great ability too, but I'm just a really big fan of Intimidate. :greenie:

Ghost/Dark is now weak to Fairy. No more Wondertombs.
Oh! Didn't notice! Well, then that typing isn't quite as crazy anymore.

I liked it better when it was a living sword, not a shield holding a sword. But oh well.
It's actually still a sword. A sword holding a sheild and not the other way around. It's easier to see in its attack form I guess. :p

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4271/ukop.png

And apparently, it switches mode at the same time it uses a move, but it starts out in defense mode. And it's actually best that way, since this makes it one of the best Scizor-counters ever. A max attack CB scizor would 5-hit KO it at best as long as it stays in the defensive form and has a 252 HP investment. Unless the Scizor switches out immediately, it could get two sword dances in, OHKO Scizor with Sacred Sword and then OHKO or 2HKO pretty much everything else in its path with Shadow Sneak.

It seems like it also has a move that works like Protect, but reduces the opponent's Attack at the same time as an additional bonus, which makes it even better and gives it an instant and safe defense-mode switch option.

I think the tier system is going to be torn to shreds when people realize that there isn't a cheat system for the 3DS, and lose their ability to create custom Pokémon at will. Smogon is certainly going to have to rethink its systems.
Possibly, though it will still be relevant at online battle sites. And even though it's almost impossible to get full 31's, it's completely possible to get 30-31 in the stats that matter the most. For example, I've managed to breed a Gyara that has 30 attack, 31 Speed and 28-30 in all the defensive stats. It's not quite the same as a full 31, but it's close enough that it won't really matter most of the time.

I suppose the new movepools are a possibility. Since GameFreak does actually seem to be looking at the old Pokémon, even a little. Maybe they'll finally realize that the Eeveelutions really need more than their STAB attacks to survive.

90% of Pokémon don't have Hidden Power 70 anyway. Honestly, the move is already so gimmicky, and now they're reducing it even more?

One can always hope.

And yeah, that's true. Now, it will hardly be worthwhile at all since a decent resisted STAB move probably will do as much as a super effective Hidden Power anyway in a lot of cases. :p

Edit: Fireblast, Thunder and Blizzard also get reduced to 110 instead of 120.

Tigmafuzz
10-10-2013, 09:59 PM
I enjoy Pokemon.

I prefer Digimon.

WildRaubtier
10-11-2013, 02:38 AM

Seeing as how Smogon bases its tiering and competition systems around the online simulator Pokemon Showdown! (http://pokemonshowdown.com/), I foresee exactly no truth to this statement.

Edit: Fireblast, Thunder and Blizzard also get reduced to 110 instead of 120.

Hurricane, too, so I've heard.

Fynn
10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I enjoy Pokemon.

I prefer Digimon.

Digimon has a better cast and story, but Pokémon is better as a game, due to how rich and involving the concept is.