PDA

View Full Version : Forum Dreams

Scotty_ffgamer
01-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Last night, I had a dream which involved me walking past a small amphitheatre with a huge crowd gathered around it. I instantly knew that this large group of people was the EoFF forum (somehow), and so I stopped to see what was going on. Apparently there was going to be a competition/vote to see who would become the leader of the forum, and only one person signed up to do it. She was currently making a really awful speech about the things she would do, and I knew she was about to lead the website to ruin. And so I ran up to the stage and announced that she wasn't the new leader yet; I am putting my name on the table. Within my proclamation was some quote from Tidus in FFX about not losing hope or some such thing (It was something my mind made up in the dream, not an actual quote). This started a Q&A session for the candidates, in which the dream turned into reading actual posts on the forums rather than actually talking to people. At that point, everyone just started complaining about my use of a FFX quote and proceeded to tell me all the reasons the game sucks. Wolf Kanno started convincing people that no forum was better than one led by someone who liked FFX. I did not become the new leader because of that. The forum ended up getting deleted quickly after.

I believe this was spawned by the fact I've been on the forums a lot over the past few days, and I think I had looked at the editor hiring thread just before shutting off the computer and going to sleep. It's rare that my day to day events seem to have an obvious correlation with my dreams, and they usually tend to be pretty boring. I thought this one was kind of funny though Anyways, has anyone here ever had strange/funny dreams about the forums before?

Chris
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I've had lots of dream. I still remember a dream I had in 2005, and it included FOA, Leeza and Fuzakeru. I don't remember much detail, but I do remember something about a trip to New York and some restaurant.

Night Fury
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I have a lot of dreams about people on the forums actually!

Well, not really about them, per se, but some people make little cameos.

Rantzien, Parker, Shauna, Happy Noodle Boy, Shorty and Shion are to name a few! Haha

Old Manus
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I had a dream that I was discussing with charliepanayi Arsenal's recent defeat in the football thread. I was very vivid, but I know it was a dream because charliepanayi was posting after Arsenal had lost.

Psychotic
01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
I keep hoping I'll wake up to discover EoFF was just a dream. No such luck yet.

Jinx
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I actually told this dream to both Cuch and MILF. I had it a few nights ago.

So, I was in Ireland. And Current MILF, Past MILF, Past Rye, Current Cuch, and Current me were at a pub at 9a drinking beer. Past MILF and Past Rye were getting cozy, so I turned to Current MILF and said, "Are they dating?!" so Current MILF took me outside and explained that it was past versions of him and her, so yes they were. I replied, "Well, I've seen enough Doctor Who to know they can't know about their futures! Spoilers!" Then I walked back inside the pub.

About that time, Current Cuch's ex-wife walked in with her baby daddy, two kids, and a baby in a stroller. She was wearing one of those camisoles with a
"built-in bra" so her boobs were sagging, and she had really dark, trashy eyeliner. She gave me the stink eye cos I was talking to Cuch. But Cuch told me she was actually a really good mom.

/shrug

Aulayna
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm yet to have had a forum dream. Sounds like I'm missing out!

Parker
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
haha plenty but none of them i can share here haha oh boy

Sephex
01-09-2013, 05:28 PM
A few months ago, I had a dream where there was some sort of meetup in a city somewhere. All I know is that the meetup was at a hotel. I hung out with foa for awhile in one of the rooms (keep your mind out of the gutter) and then I hung out with various EoFFers in some reception area, though the dream didn't really specify anyone else.

Ouch!
01-09-2013, 06:39 PM
This one time, I had this horrible nightmare that I met PG at a Chicago meet-up.

Oh wait...

Mercen-X
01-09-2013, 07:42 PM
I've had some weird dreams. But dreaming about people from Eyes On would be too weird even for me.

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I can only get away from you fucks in my sleep.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM
I've had some weird dreams. But dreaming about people from Eyes On would be too weird even for me.

It was weird; though, the actual physical people I saw in the crowd happened to mostly be people I know in real life. It was just in dream logic that I knew it was actually people from the forum. Anytime names were brought up was when I was reading forum posts. The weird thing is that this scenario will probably prop up in my dreams again. I believe almost all of my dreams end up having a connecting dream that picks up where the last one left off. They also usually end up having some sort of a plot structure, which is fun. I have about five currently running dream continuities/story lines going right now.

Faris
01-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Psychotic and Rye have made the most appearances in my dreams since becoming a member. That worries me.

TrollHunter
01-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I actually told this dream to both Cuch and MILF. I had it a few nights ago.

So, I was in Ireland. And Current MILF, Past MILF, Past Rye, Current Cuch, and Current me were at a pub at 9a drinking beer. Past MILF and Past Rye were getting cozy, so I turned to Current MILF and said, "Are they dating?!" so Current MILF took me outside and explained that it was past versions of him and her, so yes they were. I replied, "Well, I've seen enough Doctor Who to know they can't know about their futures! Spoilers!" Then I walked back inside the pub.

About that time, Current Cuch's ex-wife walked in with her baby daddy, two kids, and a baby in a stroller. She was wearing one of those camisoles with a
"built-in bra" so her boobs were sagging, and she had really dark, trashy eyeliner. She gave me the stink eye cos I was talking to Cuch. But Cuch told me she was actually a really good mom.

/shrug

You know, this is why when the forum admins send you medication, you aren't supposed to take it.

Agent Proto
01-10-2013, 12:00 AM
I've had several dreams where I dreamt I was posting in dream EoFF forums. It was kinda weird as I thought it was actually happening, then I wake up to find myself in bed.

theundeadhero
01-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Most of the people I've dreamed about are no longer around, but a few remain and I can't remember if I ever told them about the dreams or not.

Raistlin
01-10-2013, 01:22 AM
I've had a couple of dreams about EoFFers over the years, but I have such terrible dream recall that I rarely remember much details shortly after waking up.

Shorty
01-10-2013, 05:13 AM
"It was everyone from our chatroom - Spiff, Nicolas, Kane, Halan, Linus and I. But Rei (Dewdrop) and Jonny were there as well. I dunno why. Anyways. We were all little people, like, two feet tall or something and we were in my room, but now it was like this huge stretched dome thing - with all my stuff in it still. And Spiff had taken two of my banana chairs and put them facing eachother with all this.. pillowish stuff at the bottom, I guess. x.x And he was sliding down them. Then everyone started lining up and doing it. They were like those blow-up slides at carnivals or something - Kane started bouncing down one. Then Rei had to leave to go play - I distinctly remember - Quake, so Jonny just hung out with us. Then the sun started setting in my room (o.o) and everyone left to go watch a movie or something in the family room but Jonny and I. Jonny was still jumping around, but I was petting my kitty and staring at the ceiling. The Jonny patted my kitty on the head and left the room and I just sat in that huge empty dome thinking to myself. Something else happened that I can't remember, and then I woke up."

Aaand that's from 2004.

And then Daniel Towns terrorized me in a dream once playing prank phone calls like a bastard. I've had several dreams about Spiff and Gau but they're lengthy and I don't feel like digging through my lj anymore. I don't remember the dreams I've had with Rantz in them :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm living the dream, baby :smug:

Araciel
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
I can't discuss it...but yes.

Mercen-X
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
At some point last night, Sonic the Hedgehog made an appearance. I don't know if that related to any of you.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-11-2013, 11:41 PM
At some point last night, Sonic the Hedgehog made an appearance. I don't know if that related to any of you.

Yeah, MILF.

Gotta run fast tah get him.

Mercen-X
01-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Awesome! I'm in the loop. Faster than Sonic X!

qwertysaur
01-12-2013, 05:52 AM
General Chats dreams are quite odd. Last night it was about exploding cows that turn into cupcakes.
Wonder square dreams of carnivals ans chocobos
EoEO dreams of dream analysis
the lounge dreams of MLP mixed with a song of fire and ice.
Relm's studio has ultros night terrors.
Timber Maniacs HQ dreams of root beer.
General Gaming dreams of Katamari's
General Square Enix dreams of re-releases
General Final Fantasy reenacts final fantasy games
FF T dreams of flying the skies of Ivalice
Kingdom Hearts dreams from the heart
FF I dreams of ending the time loop
FF II dreams of star wars
FF III dreams of Unne
FF IV dreams of space
FF V dreams of fabulous dancers
FF VI dreams of treasure hunting and the opera
FF VII dreams of being a hero
FF VIII dreams about love and time
FF IX has nightmares of Queen Bhrane on a stripper pole and dreams of the past
FF X is a dream
FF XI dreams of Shantotto getting hit by a rock
FF XII dreams of exploration
FF XIII dreams of breaking the shell
FF XIII-2 dreams of moogles
FF XIII lightning returns dreams in Japanese so I hve no idea what is going on there.
FF Versus XIII dreams about existing
FF XIII type-0 dreams about getting released overseas
FF XIV dreams about the next expansion
Site contributions dreams of the next article
Event Committee dreams of fun and faries
Feedback dreams of quina. :quina:
Privite feedback is x rated.
The staff forum dreams about forbidden topics
Help dreams of saving the day
The archives don't dream, just rest eternally.