PDA

View Full Version : Hook my PS3 controller to my PC

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I want to play some of my emulator games but I just can't stand using my keyboard and I don't really want to invest in a controller for my PC, I know it's possible to get a program to get the PS3 controller working on it and I was wondering if someone had a suggestion cause there are a lot of sites that offer a program to do this and I don't need to be clicking a download link that makes my inbox nothing but Spam emails about hot singles, male enhancement drugs, and hot gopher on gopher action. Anyone have a program they would like to suggest?

Slothy
01-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Did some checking and I've seen this one recommended the most: Playstation 3 controller(Dualshcok 3 or Sixaxis) driver for windows | MotioninJoy (http://www.motioninjoy.com/download)

I don't have any experience with it personally though since I have a 360 controller for my PC.

Mirage
01-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Motioninjoy is the only driver I know of that can do this. I've used it and it works, but the driver isn't exactly stable, and the management software is really really bugged. I got tired of it all and just bought an actual PC gamepad from Logitech.

rubah
01-15-2013, 06:19 AM
or use a mac, which has native drivers
/troll

Mirage
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
For the DS3? I kind of doubt that. saucepls

rubah
01-16-2013, 05:41 AM
It's kind of a pain in the ass to do it with Bluetooth, but I just checked it out again, and yup (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3801068?start=0&tstart=0).

You can also just plug it in to USB, but that gives me some issues compared to the bluetooth, for some reason.

Just brought up my save in Yoshi's Island which I might get to finish thanks to you! (I had kinda forgotten about being able to use bluetooth) :) I gave up on it last time because I had bought a troutty pirated dualshock 3 off some nobody on amazon.

at least, this is true for snowleopard!

Slothy
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
or use a mac

Oh rubah, you slay me. :exdee:

theundeadhero
01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
I just use a PS2 controller with a USB adapter.

Mirage
01-18-2013, 01:35 PM
That is totally unfair, Rubah. MS should do it too, but they won't because they have 360 controllers instead.

So it's all on Sony, and they're dumbtarded.