PDA

View Full Version : Collecting things

Lonely Paper Star
01-11-2013, 04:50 AM
I like buttons and pinning them all over my bag.

So, what do you guys collect?

Freya
01-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Teacups! I don't have too many yet but they are cute and I want more :D I want your panda button.

chionos
01-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Coffee cups. Not just at my house either. There are specific cups that are "mine" at my friends' houses and such.

Notebooks.

Books.

Laddy
01-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Scrotums.

chionos
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
I thought this was the "Things I suck at" thread for a moment. Got confused.

Thanks Laddy.

The Man
01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
I used to collect Magic cards, and still have my collection somewhere. I recently discovered that some of my most impressive cards have at least doubled in value since the last time I bothered checking card prices. I will probably hold onto them for quite some time longer, and then sell them.

I really wish I had bothered keeping my cards in better condition now. I have a Time Walk and an Ancestral Recall (amongst other cards) that were at one point in near mint condition but are probably in only good condition now. That's what I get for not using protector sleeves earlier :<

I also collected coins and paper money for a time. I haven't the faintest clue what that collection is worth now.

I currently collect vinyl records. I mostly collect them so I can make my own rips, which means most of them have been played three or four times maximum. I am quite obsessive about not playing them unless doing so will yield me a better rip than my previous one. They would be worth even more if they hadn't been played at all, but I'm mostly not collecting these for the price.

Tigmafuzz
01-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh god this thread again.

I SHALL RETURN WHEN I AM NOT SLEEPY SO I CAN SIT HERE FOR TWENTY MINUTES AND TYPE OUT EVERY SINGLE THING I COLLECT.

theundeadhero
01-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Books~
Video Games~
Vinyl Records~ I collect them so I can listen and enjoy though. My collection has probably doubled since I was last active here and I starting collecting them in 2000.

Night Fury
01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
People's souls.

Shauna
01-11-2013, 01:58 PM
I have a bunch of old and foreign coins. They're probably almost worthless, but I still enjoy collecting them. :3

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Blood slides.

I keep them hidden in my air conditioner.

Faris
01-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Desk toys. Specifically these ones:

STILL NO FRY :mad2::mad2:

Shorty
01-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Alice in Wonderland books! Different copies, illustrations, print dates, etc. I have some really incredible finds that I've stumbled upon accidentally.

I also collect coffee cups! I came home with two from Sweden :love: Although I had to get rid of some a little while ago and that made me sad.

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I have a nice little comic collection, including a few first appearances. Mostly Marvel.

Sephex
01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
I collect Katamaris.

Agent Proto
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I used to collect baseball cards, but I have since stopped. Nowadays, I just collect dust.

Jinx
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Men.

Pike
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
MLP toys.

Also video game related toys that go in my video game corner along with my game collection and posters. :omghey:

Sephex
01-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Men.

How many do you have? What type? Any of them evolve yet?

sharkythesharkdogg
01-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Does mounting debt count?

Araciel
01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
STIs are like pokemon

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!!@#!#@#@ :D

Actual collections:

Trashy fantasy novels
gaming books
miniature figurines for gaming

(/nerd)

Scotty_ffgamer
01-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Books
Vinyl Records
Rocks

I used to be obsessive about getting strategy guides for every game I owned because I thought they looked cool. That didn't last long though.

I got into collecting/playing the Redemption card game a while back, but that obsession only lasted about a year.

I also still have my collections of Pokemon and Yugioh cards in a bunch of boxes lying around. I have a book that holds all of my holographic Pokemon cards in my room. Most of my collection is energy cards as well.

Futan
01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Um. I guess video games(and dust) is about it. The last thing I collected just to collect something was Pogs when I was a young'un. XD

Aulayna
01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Magic Cards. WoW cards. Video Game merchandise (again largely WoW related). Merchandise related to anything I've been obsessing over recently (most recently it's been the London 2012 Olympics - I swear I've entered crazy cat lady territory with the amount of Olympic memorabillia I have now).

Also these LEGO.com Minifigures : Home (http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx)

sharkythesharkdogg
01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Um. I guess video games(and dust) is about it. The last thing I collected just to collect something was Pogs when I was a young'un. XD

Right now you're on post #666. Clearly a sign you should start also collecting copies of the Necronomicon.

G13
01-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I collect PS1 era RPGs, Assassin's Creed swag, and Star Wars, well, everything. When women walk into my house the panties practically fly off.

qwertysaur
01-12-2013, 12:10 AM
pokémon :bigsmile:

Clo
01-12-2013, 12:21 AM
I don't really collect anything. I would say the closest thing I have to a collection are my books and PS1-era jRPGs that I tote around like a brand.

G13
01-12-2013, 12:50 AM
I don't really collect anything. I would say the closest thing I have to a collection are my books and PS1-era jRPGs that I tote around like a brand.

I want to have your babies.

Mercen-X
01-12-2013, 03:24 AM
If it's useless, I have it. :p

More specifically, I have a large collection of old gaming magazines. Some are Nintendo Powers I inherited from my cousin. I became a fan of T&T when I found an article on FF7 which led me to pick up a copy of the game (I didn't even remember what FF was until I actually had the game though). GI, OPSM, PSM, Edge Magazine.

I also have a small collection of items that could be used as blunt weapons: pool cues, mop handles, baseball bats, planks (those which can be wielded single-handed)... originally, I collected these items because I like to fiddle with them and twirl them around like I've seen in those karate movies. You might suppose I could just as easily have used a baton. However, I just don't consider the baton to actually exist in this reality. I can't use it and I can't imagine why anyone would want to touch it. I mean, throwing a stick around sounds useful if you want to hit someone or have a dog to play fetch with.

I still have my original Nintendo games despite not having a working system.

My mom collects cat figures. I know a girl who collects old-fashioned keys and items designed to look like them (including pictures of them)

Miss Lady Shelly
01-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Comics, twisty puzzles (i.e Rubiks cubes), dragon statues, hello kitty stuff, Monopoly games, shot glasses, different types of drinking glasses. ummm yeah.. thats pretty much it.

NinjaCoachZ
01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I have a pretty impressive Transformers collection.

Mercen-X
01-13-2013, 01:02 AM
I had a Beast Wars collection for awhile. I recently gave it to Good Will.

escobert
01-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Books
Guns
fish

Raistlin
01-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Civil War weapons
Magic: the Gathering cards (formerly)
Tears of unfathomable sadness

fire_of_avalon
01-14-2013, 04:20 AM
I'm not that interesting so I don't collect anything except for funny images from the internet.

I've been considering recently, though, collecting refrigerator magnets. What do y'all think?

chionos
01-14-2013, 04:56 AM
I'm not that interesting so I don't collect anything except for funny images from the internet.

I've been considering recently, though, collecting refrigerator magnets. What do y'all think?

So that you can grow up to be a crazy refrigerator magnet lady instead of crazy cat lady?

It doesn't have the same ring, but I like it. Don't put them on your refrigerator, though. Put them everywhere in your house except your frig.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Foa, you should collect sea shells and glue them all over your car.

Tigmafuzz
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM

Just continue collecting men's hearts. :aimkiss:

fire_of_avalon
01-15-2013, 01:21 AM
So that you can grow up to be a crazy refrigerator magnet lady instead of crazy cat lady?

It doesn't have the same ring, but I like it. Don't put them on your refrigerator, though. Put them everywhere in your house except your frig.
Maybe, MAYBE I can collect cat-themed magnets and have the best of both worlds?

Foa, you should collect sea shells and glue them all over your car.
:stare:

Just continue collecting men's hearts. :aimkiss:
:stare:

The Man
01-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Fucking cat magnets! How do they work?

qwertysaur
01-15-2013, 02:55 AM
smurfing cat magnets! How do they work?
Catnip and tassels. :cat:

Pumpkin
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
I used to collect little figurines, but I no longer have them :(. I really liked my collection too.

xplicit802
01-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Video games...mostly retro ones

Shaibana
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
rubber ducks :D
its not that i am massively buying them, only when i see an epic one, and once in a while a friend/family gets me one from their vacation or so :3

i was planning on making a 'signature' (in real life) .. like when you take a certain object everywhere with you, and take a picture of it @ the places you go :D
i wanna do that with superman-duck :3 ... unfortunatly i dnt have a camera atm xD
cant find the adapter :l