PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Things We Suck At

Laddy
01-11-2013, 06:08 AM
I'll go first.

I suck at dancing, being okay at ballroom and river dancing but terrible at anything else. And singing.

I suck at being mean. I just come off as sassy. :colbert:

I suck writing, as my handwriting is something so terrible it needs to be seen to be believed.

Pumpkin
01-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Life.

Yeah, I went there.

Also, flipping pancakes.

Bunny
01-11-2013, 06:24 AM
I suck at sucking at things.

Hurrrrrrrrr

Futan
01-11-2013, 06:33 AM
I'll go first.

I suck at dancing, being okay at ballroom and river dancing but terrible at anything else. And singing.

I suck at being mean. I just come off as sassy. :colbert:

I suck writing, as my handwriting is something so terrible it needs to be seen to be believed.

I see what you did thar. But is it as bad as mine?! :3

:p

Interviews. Awful at interviews.

chionos
01-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Baking. You know those chocolate lava cake things where the inside is molten chocolate, well everything I bake turns out like that, done or burnt outside, raw soggy mess inside.

Making friends. People don't like me. I'm not sure how I've ended up with the friends I do have.

Following through.

Sleeping. I don't get nearly enough sleep. It's going to kill me someday. Maybe soon.

Keeping in touch with relatives. It's mainly just that I lose track of time, months pass without me noticing.

Freya
01-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Mornings. I hate mornings. I suck at them. Anytime someone/thing wakes me up instead of myself doing so, I just suck at life that morning.

Math without a calculator. My mind just says nope when i try to recall or do any math in my head. If i have paper and a calculator i'm great, if not, I suck royally.

Cooking eggs. I can't cook them. I just, what? How do you mess eggs up. I do. I somehow do.

Futan
01-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Math without a calculator. My mind just says nope when i try to recall or do any math in my head. If i have paper and a calculator i'm great, if not, I suck royally.

Ohgawd this.

Formalhaut
01-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I suck at everything most probably.

chionos
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Mornings. I hate mornings. I suck at them. Anytime someone/thing wakes me up instead of myself doing so, I just suck at life that morning.

Yep yep yep.

Faris
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Dancing, intelligence (I can be blonde, let's just put it like that), staying focused, writing (yall have no idea how long I take to write decent material), reading (it takes me forever to read anything), being awake, falling asleep... I think I should stop.

Shorty
01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Math. Even with a fucking calculator I don't know what the fuck to do with it. My math skills have not progressed since the fifth grade.

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Being a decent human being.

Shiny
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I suck at double dutch. I can jump with one, but then two ropes is just crazy. Yet every other girl in my family can do it with ease.

Psychotic
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Bowling. What the fuck. What the fuck is bowling. How does it work. Help. Why am I so bad.

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I suck at not falling asleep during the late afternoon/early evening. Consequently, I also suck at falling asleep at night.

Parker
01-11-2013, 04:57 PM
i'm not great at math, public speaking and keeping friends; but I'm working on it!

Jinx
01-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Sports of any kind. I'm good and running and swimming and stuff, but anything other than that, just terrible.

Sephex
01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Math. Sure, basic math is no problem, but the higher the level of math, the stupider I look.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I just failed the sweet, merciful shit out of Trigonometry, and it's not even a high level math. ;__; So definitely that.

I suck at getting motivated to do things on the weekends. I can be lazy.

I can't sing at all.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Not a single thing.

:D

Red Mage Coffman
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I suck at MS paint.

And sports.

And FPS's.

And at being cool

And at cooking

And at drawing. So, uh, yeah.

Araciel
01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Not a single thing.

My original goal in life was to not suck at everything...y'know, have at least some modicum of skill at everything.

It's not working out... I still suck at giving a fuck about certain people.

Jinx
01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Not a single thing.

My original goal in life was to not suck at everything...y'know, have at least some modicum of skill at everything.

It's not working out... I still suck at giving a smurf about certain people.

ilu2 jamuel xx

fire_of_avalon
01-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I just failed the sweet, merciful shit out of Trigonometry, and it's not even a high level math. ;__; So definitely that.

I suck at getting motivated to do things on the weekends. I can be lazy.

I can't sing at all.
OHHHHHHHHH SWEET CHILD OF MINE. Wasn't that it?

I can't cook bacon! This is why no one loves me.

Shorty
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Is it because you burn the shit out of it?

fire_of_avalon
01-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Somehow part of it is burned and part of it is still raw and I have no idea wtf I did.

Shorty
01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
jesus woman

Araciel
01-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I can't cook bacon! This is why no one loves me.

I will make the bacon... you just feed me grapes while I lie on the bed.

Jinx
01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
microwave it

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
What the hell, Sam?

Jinx
01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
It's best when it's microwaved.

It's all soft and greasy. :3

Futan
01-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Microwave bacon is still good~

Psy's bowling one made me think of this oddly specific one for whatever reason. I suck at putting touch in my football throws. I can beam it at you but when I try to put touch in it, the spiral is no where near as tight and I almost always overthrow or underthrow. :-/

I can't sing at all.

Being a decent human being.

Aulayna
01-11-2013, 07:25 PM
I suck at verbal social interaction - online I can banter away but IRL I'm just... awkward.

I suck at singing. Dancing too actually I have my own... style :p

Lately I also suck at sticking to the healthy eating too!

NorthernChaosGod
01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Doing my homework on time.

Ouch!
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
I am terrible at masking my disdain for people I regard as stupid.

Shiny
01-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Bacon and pancakes is pretty much all I know how to cook without reading a box or cook book. Soooo I sort of suck at cooking as well. I say sort of because pancakes and bacon are superior to most other foods.

Clo
01-12-2013, 12:24 AM
I can't cook.

If I were single, I would die because no one would feed me.

I am basically an infant.

I Took the Red Pill
01-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Chess. I've been trying to improve, but I don't know. It seems kind of hopeless to me. I can beat the Microsoft Chess Titans CPU on level 4 about 50% of the time. But when I go online and try to play humans, I lose about 80% of the time.

But I do like to use the name "BFischer" to see if I can scare anyone into quitting before the game starts. So far it hasn't worked.

Madame Adequate
01-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Statistics. Median, mode, mole, weasels, I don't even know. I am completely incapable of grasping it all. The only class in my entire academic career I have ever dropped due to difficulty was A-level stats; I went from top of the class at GCSE maths to utterly useless in stats. When people talk about why a particular graph is a poor choice for the type of data in question or whether this or that type of analysis is better for getting a particular piece of information my brain sort of seizes up and my eyes glaze over.

qwertysaur
01-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Somehow part of it is burned and part of it is still raw and I have no idea wtf I did.
There are two things that could have caused that.
The pan was not hot enough. You should hear a nice sizzle when the bacon hits the pan
You overcrowded the pan. Cook in small batches, not everything at once.

Pike
01-12-2013, 01:21 AM
I suck at anything I want to be good at.

I am good at anything I have no interest in.

Mercen-X
01-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Dancing. I observed Swing on a movie starring Vince Vaughn and I danced at a wedding with my "aunt" who told me I was awesome so I took a class in college to become Uber. I had to drop the class to get a temp job though. Singing. Took choir in college. I'm okay.
Being mean. I suck at showing that I care.
My handwriting is terrible. Actually, my mom is the only complaint.
Flipping pancakes.
Interviews. Awful at interviews. My mom claims I don't interview well. I'd probably do well in a social interview like eating lunch together. I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong in a straight interview. The hirer's are just jackasses. :colbert:
Making friends. I'm just too lazy.
Following through.
Sleeping.
Keeping in touch with relatives. It's those jerkoffs who don't keep in touch with me. Then they send me an invite to visit them at the last minute when they live 3 f-ing hours away obviously assuming I've nothing better to do than waste six hours of my life on the road to and from 'cause they sure as hell aren't going to let me sleepover. I don't, but it's f-ing insulting! Asswipes! :doublecolbert:
Cooking eggs.
Staying focused, reading (takes forever to read anything, never had this problem with Goosebumps. :p)
Bowling. I score an average of 2-3 strikes per games. My high score something 190, I think.
I can't spiral, it's no where near as tight should be.
I suck at verbal social interaction - online I can banter away but IRL I'm just... awkward.
Doing my homework on time.
Chess.
I suck at almost everything I want to be good at.
I am good at anything I have no use for.

Raistlin
01-12-2013, 06:46 AM
I suck at drawing and singing. With almost everything else I can develop at least a certain level of competence, but those two I just fail miserable. I'm none too hot at dancing, either.

Citizen Bleys
01-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Bowling. What the smurf. What the smurf is bowling. How does it work. Help. Why am I so bad.

http://www.bleysmaynard.net/memes/MarkItZero.png

Bubba
01-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Dancing. I do enjoy it though... perhaps a little too much.

I dance like a four-year-old after 15 cans of coca-cola.

Lonely Paper Star
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
List time because I like making lists.

I suck at...
face-to-face interviews (although I prefer those over phone interviews)
being nice to people sometimes... I get annoyed easily.
driving
RTS games
finishing projects, stories, etc.
being comforting. It's not that I don't care (well... depending on who you are), it's just that I don't know how to deal with people bawling their eyes out or whatever. I just, I don't know, pat them on the back or something.

Spooniest
01-16-2013, 03:26 AM
I suck at:

Anything beyond Jimmy Page-level guitar.
Having a work ethic.
Talking to people.
Marketing/Promotion.
Sobriety.
Philandering.

and

Having a work ethic.

Oh and I don't work like I'm supposed to.

Tigmafuzz
01-16-2013, 03:37 AM
I suck at being sober and at not being an asshole to people. Fortunately, I'm only an asshole to people when I'm sober, and I have no reason to ever want to be sober.

Also lollipops and straws.

DrAssenov
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I suck at NOT RUNNING INTO THINGS. I run into furniture/walls/counter tops too often, and have the bruises to prove it.

After seeing bruises on my arms, a colleague worriedly asked me, "Are you safe at home? Is your husband treating you well?"

I laughed so hard. "My husband is an angel. I got these bruises from running into furniture and walls and stuff. I'm pretty clumsy. Oh gawd, that sounds even more suspicious! "

I wonder if he believed me. XD Oh well.

Formalhaut
01-16-2013, 08:54 PM
I suck at NOT RUNNING INTO THINGS. I run into furniture/walls/counter tops too often, and have the bruises to prove it.

After seeing bruises on my arms, a colleague worriedly asked me, "Are you safe at home? Is your husband treating you well?"

I laughed so hard. "My husband is an angel. I got these bruises from running into furniture and walls and stuff. I'm pretty clumsy. Oh gawd, that sounds even more suspicious! "

I wonder if he believed me. XD Oh well.

That sounds like a comedy sketch just waiting to happen.

Raistlin
01-17-2013, 01:56 AM

A friend of mine was asked by her doctor if she was being abused, but also had to admit all her injuries were self-inflicted klutziness. I've never heard that happen to anyone else. xD

Mercen-X
01-17-2013, 04:11 AM
So, hey, were we actually supposed to "talk" about this stuff. 'Cause most of us just made a list... including the op