PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out, I'm Having a Bad Day

Yar
01-11-2013, 07:04 AM
How do you act when you're having a bad day? Do you sulk? Are you rude to people? :evil:

Today I'm having a bad day due to insufficient sleep and nicotine. I really want people to give me some space today but they insist on invading it instead.

I might crack soon and just let loose on someone.

When I'm having a bad day I usually just want to be left alone. Let me go do something I enjoy by myself and I'll be in a better mood. Forcing your way into my bubble is only going to make me angrier! :aimmad:

Formalhaut
01-11-2013, 07:29 AM
The strange thing with me, I can be having a really lovely day, but then as soon as even a small thing upsets me, I instantly regress into a near mute, depressed individual. It's very strange to see. Often it will get that way if no-one talks to me in my friend group for like an extended period of time, or if I am blatantly insulted.

chionos
01-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I stop talking. It's mainly because even on a good day I'm just one bad move away from exploding in a mass of wrathful slobbering bloody fury. Going silent is my way of not being an asshole.

Laddy
01-11-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm not as peppy as usual when I'm upset, but I usually vent to a friend and feel better afterwards. I'm not upset for very long. Bad days happen, but they shouldn't control us.

Pike
01-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I just play a bunch of video games and then go to bed early. I'll usually feel better the next morning.

Clo
01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
I flip tables and yell. Just like Jesus did!

Actually, I stop talking, sulk, stomp around, and snap at people.

Night Fury
01-11-2013, 11:57 AM
I tend to stay pretty upbeat, wait til I get home and can hide in my room and I will just cry it out.

kotora
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
If I'm having a bad day I'll just say very little when I'm in a social situation and just stand there sulking, until I get sufficiently drunk to not be angry anymore.

Chris
01-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't get angry, but I get extremely irritated. Also, I'm a master at being passive-aggressive. Things can get extremely tense and busy at work, so there is no time for direct confrontation. :D

Faris
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Angry/annoyed/headache: leave me the fuck alone until I've cooled off. You know what they say about fire hair? Then I vent a lot.

Sad/sobbing: Let me cool off before I talk.

Jinx
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
If I'm having a bad day because I'm upset with people, I do something that might sound really loony. I'm not afraid of confronting people, but no one wants to do that and create problems all the time. So, if I'm really mad or sad because of what someone has done, I'll go off by myself and just have a conversation as if they were there. Generally, it's people I know well enough to know how they'll respond, and so I just tell "them" everything I would want to say to them. I'm able to get those things off of my chest. And, on the plus side, if I have to later confront them, I usually have it well in my head what I want to say.

If I'm just having a bad day because I wake up cranky, and the universe just keeps messing everything up for me, I'll do what I have to do (chores, school, work) and then just hang out and watch YouTube videos of people playing Zelda or something. Basically, I'm an adult and have to deal with my responsibilities, but once I'm taking my me time, I use that to recharge.

Shorty
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM
I get pretty quiet and really short with people I'm talking to. My patience fuse can get obscenely short, too, and somehow I'll let any little thing just add to my bad day.

These usually happen at work, and my friend Cortney will usually try to make it better in the afternoon when she has time to come talk to me. When I do have a bad day, the little things that people do for me seem a lot nicer/more significant and meaningful than they probably are.

Araciel
01-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I think you're insinuating that I have good days

:roll2

fire_of_avalon
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I snap at people.

Futan
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't get angry, but I get extremely irritated. Also, I'm a master at being passive-aggressive. Things can get extremely tense and busy at work, so there is no time for direct confrontation. :D

I'm pretty much the same. It takes a lot to get me angry. And I would fucking hate working with you by the way. :shifty: Some of my coworkers are passive-aggressive, and not because they're busy, but because they just don't have the balls to confront you.

I think I handle things the same way as Pike. XD I don't notice a difference in myself and no one has ever said anything. But even when I'm not upset, I prefer to be alone and I don't involve people in my problems so I doubt anyone would notice. :x

Sephex
01-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I get rather moody, but rarely do I actually yell at someone or whatever. A lot of my negative feelings stemming from such things tend to stay with me, but I am known for saying very self destructive things as a means to vent. Some of the things I say end up bothering people. However, I view doing what I do a better alternative that hitting something, throwing a tantrum or yelling at people.

Aulayna
01-11-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't really show it. I might occassionally snap at people or give them the evil eyes but generally I just get on with it. Worst comes to worst I might vent at a friend.

If I'm having a bad day because I'm upset with people, I do something that might sound really loony. I'm not afraid of confronting people, but no one wants to do that and create problems all the time. So, if I'm really mad or sad because of what someone has done, I'll go off by myself and just have a conversation as if they were there. Generally, it's people I know well enough to know how they'll respond, and so I just tell "them" everything I would want to say to them. I'm able to get those things off of my chest. And, on the plus side, if I have to later confront them, I usually have it well in my head what I want to say.

I do that too, I end up having arguments with myself. :D All under my breath of course. I did it all the time when I lived with my mother - we really didn't get along.

Yar
01-12-2013, 10:22 AM
When I do have a bad day, the little things that people do for me seem a lot nicer/more significant and meaningful than they probably are.I totally agree with this but I still appreciate it. Seriously, when someone notices I'm having a bad day and does something nice for me, I'm always more appreciative of the fact that they did something for me rather than what it was they actually did.

chionos
01-12-2013, 11:19 AM
When I do have a bad day, the little things that people do for me seem a lot nicer/more significant and meaningful than they probably are.I totally agree with this but I still appreciate it. Seriously, when someone notices I'm having a bad day and does something nice for me, I'm always more appreciative of the fact that they did something for me rather than what it was they actually did.

Argh. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I just want to revel in it. But my family knows me, and all they really have to do is call my grandma, because I just can't stay mad/sad/whatever when she's around. It makes me so mad when I'm trying my damnedest to be a hard-ass and she hugs me and says something utterly ridiculous.

It's like when you've been arguing with your best friend or a loved one, I mean really pissed-off arguing, but then something happens or someone says something and you're both trying to hold back smiles but you just can't and when you finally let go all the negative shit that came before that moment just gets blown away.

Pheesh
01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Trying to get better at not arguing with people over really unimportant stuff when I'm having a bad day. So these days I'll just keep my trap shut in order to avoid saying anything I might regret.

Miss Lady Shelly
01-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I try to stay quiet and not say whats bothering me because i can be a bitter b**** when im angry. Then i just think about other things to let it go and then im fine.

Shorty
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Argh. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I just want to revel in it. But my family knows me, and all they really have to do is call my grandma, because I just can't stay mad/sad/whatever when she's around. It makes me so mad when I'm trying my damnedest to be a hard-ass and she hugs me and says something utterly ridiculous.

It's like when you've been arguing with your best friend or a loved one, I mean really pissed-off arguing, but then something happens or someone says something and you're both trying to hold back smiles but you just can't and when you finally let go all the negative trout that came before that moment just gets blown away.

This allllways happens with my sister. I want to just knock her lights out but she'll make this stupid face and laugh and I'll be like NO SHUT UP I'M NOT DONE HATING YOUR GUTS but then I end up laughing too.

Lonely Paper Star
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
I usually keep to myself and snap at those who try to talk to me. Sometimes I release those ugly emotions by crying and/or drinking. Then I tweet or blog about how much I hate the world.

On a lighter note, I also shoot my Nerf gun at different parts of my room... with targets in mind, of course. :kakapo:

... I guess I do a lot when I have a bad day. Oh well, distractions are good...

Mercen-X
01-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't really have bad days. More like bad hours. I'm fine up to a certain point. Then something stupid happens. I sulk like an infant and then snap like a rottweiler at someone who happens to mention something that even slightly irritates me. I usually apologize fairly quickly for this, but it's not easily forgiven.

~*~Celes~*~
01-13-2013, 12:07 AM
It depends on what i'm feeling, who caused it, what they did to cause it, and who's around.

Zeldy
01-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Today has been pretty grim; I got up at 6am in order to get a couple of hours of revision in before a 3 hour criminology exam. Ive lived in the library for like a week and a half, not revising unfortunately, but with the a heap of essays for a different subject, wrote about 8,000 words in essays in total. I then found out I was in work in the evening when I thought I was finally gonna get a minute, and then this afternoon I found out that my work has gone into administration so I'm probably gonna lose my job.

I've been pretty cheery though CAUSE IVE FINISHED ALL MY WORK... till lectures commence again on Monday.

chionos
01-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Sounds terrible Zeldy. Hope the job pulls through.
At least you're not slacking off or giving up. School work will pass, but not going 100% tends to lead to regret and more bad days.

Shlup
01-17-2013, 01:45 AM
When I'm having a bad day, I do something nice for myself. Because I love me. :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3:

Raistlin
01-17-2013, 01:48 AM
I generally just don't talk as much and otherwise act normally. I don't like taking my problems out on everyone else who isn't involved. It's very, very rare for me to be in an obviously bad mood.

Tigmafuzz
01-17-2013, 03:57 AM
I generally just don't talk as much and otherwise act normally. I don't like taking my problems out on everyone else who isn't involved. It's very, very rare for me to be in an obviously bad mood.

Mirage
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't actually have bad days. Usually, I just have bad hours. I tend to not stay in a bad mood for a long time. I do get really grumpy and negative to everything and everyone while it's going on, though.

TrollHunter
01-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I become far more cynical, and my sarcasm seeps from everything i say. I dont tend to stay mad though, and even something small can cheer me up, usually a bit of meditation and quiet fixes me up good.
Whenever im mad its usually because im hungry tired or anxious, so i always know what i need to do to cheer up

sharkythesharkdogg
01-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I will also have the conversation with myself and pretend to be both sides of the party. Someone else mentioned it. So maybe I sound crazy too, but it helps me:

A)Think of all the things I want to say, and helps me form them into an understandable message.

B)Helps me play out the scenario in my head so that I can approach it more anger free, because I've already vented.

C)Helps me see things from the other side by pretending to be the other person. I think that's really important.

I'm usually very calm and a good listener, but there's a few people who can make me angry. Then when I'm having a bad day, I'm a terrible listener, I anger to easily and they don't deserve it. Fortunately there aren't many people that have to see that side, but it's still something that I am trying to fix. :(

Pumpkin
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
It depends how angry I am. If I'm just angry I'll be slightly impatient and less engaging in conversation. It'll be a lot of "Uh huh, yeah, okay, right, I see." If I'm really angry I can be snappy, although I'm trying to work on that and I have seen an improvement. When I get really angry if I can vent and talk about it, I can usually acknowledge what's going on and put my feelings aside until the anger dies down, but when I feel like I can't talk to the person without making the situation worse, I get very emotional and resentful and I hold on to it for longer than I should. It turns into my thinking "I should be able to say what you did to upset me so we can move past it, but I can't because you'll just bitch or deny it or whatever, so now I have to hold it in." When that happens I get very rude and say things I shouldn't, I can no longer approach something calmly, and I might start yelling. If it gets bad enough I'll also start crying. Basically I'm just a big ball of emotion, but I'm trying to work on keeping myself calmer in these situations.

Iceglow
01-17-2013, 11:34 PM
I rarely have bad days, generally speaking I'm someone who firmly believes in seeing the bright side of life. Even when everyone else around me is sad I'm the one generally trying to keep the mood light with jokes and brevity. In the rare instances when I'm genuinely down/upset/having a bad day? I get snarky and sarcastic, more so than usual, in fact I can be outright mean to everyone and about anything, not proud but I once got so pissed off at work in my old job I made a temp under my command cry, when they went to a manager it was like "well Steve, why was you so hard on them?" and my reply made my boss laugh "Because I've fucking repeated myself to the point where even I a man of infinite patience and limitless good will think the person needs a fucking slap!"