PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Baldur's Gate II

Laddy
01-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Ah, fuck it. All Baldur's Gate II fangasming goes here now. Hell, might as well sticky it.

So, favorite characters? Favorite lineup? Favorite equipment? Favorite quests? What ending did you get? How awesome is this game?

theundeadhero
01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Was it ever true that Baldur's Gate is getting a remake?
That's all I have to say about that.

Fynn
01-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Way awesome! Keldorn is one of my fav characters ever! And need I mention characters like Jan? :D Also, I loved the romance sidequests.

But this game also boasts the only VG character that I have ever hated with a passion. Even though stat-wise he was really good, his personality made me throw him out of the party for good.

You KNOW who I'm talking about...

Also, I had this interesting situation. There is this part, where Bodhi kidnaps your lover (Aerie in my case). So, as a replacement for the quest I took Viconia. After reviving Aerie, I kicked Viconia out of my party. Unfortunately, she was on one side of a mine field, and my character was on the other. She was walking towards me, talking about how pissed she is at me for kicking her out, but the mines made her explode in mid-sentence. She literally exploded in a million pieces. I could not revive her in any way, she never appeared in the game again, even in ToB. This made it all the more hillarious. This is kind of the element that I really wish JRPGs had as well :)

Jinx
01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
LET'S TALK ABOUT BALDUR'S GATE II

OKAY LADDY, I'LL BITE

I AM STILL WAITING FOR LADDY TO UPDATE HIS LET'S PLAY OF BALDUR'S GATE II

YOUR MOVE, LADDY

Pike
01-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I have yet to finish this game but it is at the top of my to-do list once I get over my current TES high. BG2 and Deus Ex.

kotora
01-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I think it's absolutely one of the best games ever made. Love everything about it. But would I want to ever play it again? Idk. The world just lost most of it's mystery and magic for me now that I'm older and know how to properly play the game. When I was an 11 year old kid I had the game and I fucking sucked at it, but the world just seemed so big and there was just so much stuff to do.

Bunny
01-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Was it ever true that Baldur's Gate is getting a remake?
That's all I have to say about that.

The remake of Baldur's Gate the First was recently released. A remake of Baldur's Gate the Second is contingent on the success of the First, as is the possibility of Baldur's Gate the Third.

Minsc is the only real answer to favorite character. Any answer other than this is void and incorrect. Other star characters include: Yoshimo, Valygar, Korgan, and Viconia. It's a shame Tiax went crazier, because he's a hoot.

Araciel
01-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Minsc and Boooo

Madame Adequate
01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Imoen is the best character.

Bunny
01-12-2013, 01:51 AM

See this is the kind of shit I am talking about.

Araciel
01-12-2013, 04:04 AM
I just wish they'd use the infinity engine with a more modern ruleset for the game...

THAC0... ergh

Laddy
01-12-2013, 06:23 AM

See this is the kind of trout I am talking about.

Imoen is a good character. I kinda wish she wasn't give that Mage Dual-Class though because otherwise the only single-class thief in the game is YOshimo.

Other characters I really like include Minsc, Valygar, Aerie, Haer'Daelis, Keldorn, Mazzy, and...well damn near all of them. Except Nalia. Don't care for Nalia. :colbert:

Fynn
01-12-2013, 07:11 AM

See this is the kind of trout I am talking about.

Imoen is a good character. I kinda wish she wasn't give that Mage Dual-Class though because otherwise the only single-class thief in the game is YOshimo.

Other characters I really like include Minsc, Valygar, Aerie, Haer'Daelis, Keldorn, Mazzy, and...well damn near all of them. Except Nalia. Don't care for Nalia. :colbert:

I've noticed a lot of Aerie hate among fans and I can't help but wonder why. She was a very likeable character, and her class combo was awesome.

Madame Adequate
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I can't use Nalia because I always use her portrait.

Also Imoen is the best character and that's just a fact. I never really use thief stuff aside from finding and disarming traps anyway, so dual-classing her into a mage is fine with me.

Laddy
01-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, she's by far the best Mage/THief in the game, but with three dual-classes and only one single-class thief that dies halfway through, I'd prefer to keep her as a single-classed thief.