PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe Help

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Hello.

Can you run PS1 games from an ISO if you don't have the disc? For example, I want to play FF Tactics, but I do not own the disc. ISOs basically function as the disc, right?

Lots of love,

Quin

Mirage
01-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Yes.

Levian
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Epsxe help: download psxfin.

No plugin hell.

Jowy
01-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Any .iso or .bin file will run perfectly fine. Except Valkyrie Profile for some reason...and I don't think you can play through Metal Gear Solid on an emulator. Other than that you're good to go.

Quindiana Jones
01-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Today I found out I'll be able to play Wind Waker and FF Tactics, and I also downloaded the first two GoT series.

This is just the best day ever. :cry:

Spooniest
01-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Epsxe help: download psxfin.

No plugin hell.

psxfin has bugs in SotN, Diablo, Doom, Final Fantasy 4, and Mega Man X4, among what I'm sure are others. It runs the latter-era Final Fantasies just fine, as far as I can tell. But it's not perfect.

I keep a copy of epsxe around for playing the above mentioned games.

Quindiana Jones
01-13-2013, 08:07 AM
So would you suggest I use psxfin for FF Tactics, Spooniest? If it doesn't have any bugs, and saves me the plugin faff, it seems like it would be the better choice.

Spooniest
01-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that's what I use. It works pretty good, except for a minor bug in which the cursor repeat speed is cranked up to 11 at the Memory Card screen. It can be a little annoying, but not too much trouble.

kotora
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
and I don't think you can play through Metal Gear Solid on an emulator.

Works fine on ePSXe. Maybe you're confused with the pirated PC version of MGS which crashed at the Psycho Mantis battle?

Jowy
01-15-2013, 09:39 PM

Works fine on ePSXe. Maybe you're confused with the pirated PC version of MGS which crashed at the Psycho Mantis battle?

The mechanics of the Psycho Mantis fight itself is really what I was referring to.

kotora
01-16-2013, 12:54 AM

The mechanics of the Psycho Mantis fight itself is really what I was referring to.

It's really easy cause you can just switch your keys to controller #2 in the emulator.

Jowy
01-16-2013, 01:34 AM

It's really easy cause you can just switch your keys to controller #2 in the emulator.

That really sucks the fun out of the whole fight.

rubah
01-16-2013, 05:27 AM
it's ok jowy, no one would expect a computer to display HIDEO 1, so you're still right.