PDA

View Full Version : nibelung valesti!

Jowy
01-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Valkyrie Profile is the best game Enix has ever made. Like pissing off Odin to get the best ending, or just settling for a GOOD JOB, TAKE A NAP? Have you managed to complete hard mode/seraphic gate? Ever get real mad when you get to the Tower of Lezard Valeth and realize this :skull::skull::skull::skull: is impossible? Personally, never played through on hard mode. Got the "good" ending but I'd like to play through again to hammer through the Seraphic Gate and kill Gabriel and Iseria.

And Lezard is cool as hell. Although he's the textbook definition of a creeper beta male. Totes have a Lezard figurine on my desk. Would love to find Arngrim and Lucien some day. :aimsun:

ShinGundam
01-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Enix didn't make valkyrie profile,they only published it and Tri-Ace did make the game. In fact Enix didn't make any RPG. :p

Jowy
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Way to burst my bubble.

krissy
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
A POEM TO SACRED DEATH

i need to finish this game one day
but frick doesn't it have the best soundtrack? kept me going through high school and undergrad all nighters
i literally remember lying on the floor under my desk at 4 am in the morning listening to the soundtrack to valkyrie profile
in order to energize myself for the final 3 hour push for an assignment i started the night before

TO ME, MY EINHERJAR

Jowy
01-12-2013, 07:11 PM
ICICLE DISAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTER

The OST is really great:

hard chain reaction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakaFgcvZ9g)

behave irrationally (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6cel6c5ct4)

hopeless resolution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hck1-UMRnWY&list=PL3F35BA743D1B0CA9)

confidence in the domination (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFz6gYKTiU&list=PL3F35BA743D1B0CA9)

You really should finish it! It does require a walkthrough to get the "good" ending since there's a lot of odd variables involved i.e not pissing off odin TOO much, not leaving the Tower of Lezard Valeth after you get there, sending certain characters to asgard at certain times no matter how heartbreaking it is. Great game. Never finished the second one though.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2013, 05:25 AM
I should pick this game up sometime and actually complete it, I played a friends version but wasn't completely impressed with it, so I never finished but perhaps enough time has passed where I can appreciate it more.

Jowy
01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
I can kinda understand that. You do literally have to sit through a forty-five minute intro, a forty minute tutorial dungeon, and some terrible voice acting right at the start. Once you get free reign to explore as you see fit, the tempo really picks up.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Oh god I almost forgot how awful the VA work was. I just eventually got bored cause in the beginning you kind of played out the characters stories before they joined you but rather quickly it turned into a scenario where I would go to a location watch a characters life story, and then the game would jump to the world map with my party and the new guy joined. It seemed as if I wanted to actually play the game I had to track down one of the various dungeons that never felt like it was part of the story.

Though I was also playing this game when I had serious case of the flu, so my mind may have been jumbled up from the high fever as well... :sweatdrop

black orb
01-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Valkyrie Profile is the best game
>>> Now we are talking..:luca:

ShinGundam
01-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Oh god I almost forgot how awful the VA work was. I just eventually got bored cause in the beginning you kind of played out the characters stories before they joined you but rather quickly it turned into a scenario where I would go to a location watch a characters life story, and then the game would jump to the world map with my party and the new guy joined. It seemed as if I wanted to actually play the game I had to track down one of the various dungeons that never felt like it was part of the story.
Yeah, a lot of Dungeons and towns felt pointless storywise.

Roogle
01-19-2013, 12:48 AM
The voice acting for Valkyrie Profile was done by the same troupe that was responsible for the dub of the Pokemon anime. This is why many of the voices might sound familiar to you. Additionally, the voice actor for Arngrim became a woman later in life before passing away from a mysterious illness. I wondered if she would have been able to reprise her role in Valkyrie Profile 2, but now we will never know for sure what could have been.

Jowy
01-19-2013, 06:15 AM
The voice acting for Valkyrie Profile was done by the same troupe that was responsible for the dub of the Pokemon anime. This is why many of the voices might sound familiar to you. Additionally, the voice actor for Arngrim became a woman later in life before passing away from a mysterious illness. I wondered if she would have been able to reprise her role in Valkyrie Profile 2, but now we will never know for sure what could have been.

Too many Final Blasts would kill anyone.