PDA

View Full Version : FFX HD remake will be here "soon"

Freya
01-12-2013, 06:13 AM

Earlier today, When asked by a fan on twitter if there would be any news about the Final Fantasy X HD remake for the PS3 and Vita, Square Enix's Europe Division (posted by Hachima Kiko) (https://twitter.com/SQUARE_ENIX_EU/status/289411880487890945) replied with a “The world will get answers soon, we promise.”

Now a soon isn't much but it's more than what has been heard in a long while. While it's not a full remake, more of a remastering, FFX is one of the fan favorites that many are more than eager to hear any news about. Many were introduced into the series due to FFX on the PS2, much like how FFVII was the introduction for fans during the PSone era. Some even say that because of FFX, the ps2 was able to put it's foothold in for jrpgs.

The remastering was mentioned back in 2011 and hasn't been heard from since. When the fan asked he specifically asked about FFX being available on the vita and if it was ever going to come out. He must have been over joyed seeing as his reply to SE was accompanied with an emoticon. Here at Eyeson staff, I too am full of emoticons over a "soon".

Will we soon see the Star of the Zanarkand Abes in full HD glory? Apparently we'll know soon. Are you excited about a "soon"? Or is this another tease without results?

Goldenboko
01-12-2013, 06:16 AM
I hope the answers are good news. FFX is probably my second favorite Final Fantasy, I'd love to replay it.

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
*as my Vita and ps3 collect dust*

NinjaCoachZ
01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Considering that the Kingdom Hearts HD collection is using the Final Mix version as a basis, I think it seems very likely that this will be based on the International version.

That being said, I'm perfectly happy with my original PS2 copy so I probably won't be getting this when/if it comes out. Playing it in widescreen with crispy HD graphics is a nice idea, but I'm probably not going to get the same game twice unless there's some kind of bonus that I need to have. Or if I ever got a Vita and I'm dying to play some FFX on the go.

Skyblade
01-12-2013, 11:41 PM
If it's on the Vita, I'll definitely be getting it. I'd love to get into FFX portable.

I do hope (and believe) that it'll be the International version. I'll finally be able to try out the Expert Sphere Grid, wipe out the Dark Aeons, and have Yojimbo and Anima actually be useful.

I'm not sure the KH Collection is a valid comparison, though. Since, to my knowledge, it's still staying Japan only, isn't it?

NinjaCoachZ
01-12-2013, 11:57 PM
About that, the statement was misinterpreted. Here's the exact statement:
"The recent KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- announcement was only for the Japanese market"

Only the announcement was for Japan; they didn't say anything about the game itself. Like with most games, the Japanese release gets revealed first and then localization announcements come later. Some fans and gaming news sites misinterpreted the statement to mean that the game wasn't leaving Japanese shores and that's where the confusion came from.

It is extremely likely that KH HD will get an international release considering it actually sells better in North America than Japan, plus it was teased in all versions of KH3D. If they didn't intend for it to be released everywhere, they wouldn't have translated the teaser and left it in.

chionos
01-13-2013, 12:12 AM
If I could play FFX on my PS3 it might be different, but as it is, I'm more excited than I realized about this "soon." Although, SE "soon" is not exactly my "soon," it's something to look forward to.

Freya
01-13-2013, 01:04 AM
You say that NinjaCoachZ, but I didn't get a limited edition KH DDD 3DS :colbert: But I they did send us the limited edition zelda one! I would have bought that KH 3DS in a flash! They like keeping stuff form us. Also wasn't coded a cellphone game for japan only?

NinjaCoachZ
01-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Original Coded was Japan only, yes, but the whole world got Re: Coded, which was a remake for DS.

As for the 3DS situation, I can't speak for that one. Only bit of knowledge I can really contribute to is that there might've been problems coming to an agreement with Nintendo, so I don't think it was entirely SE. System variants based on third-party IPs don't seem to have a good track record of seeing the light of day beyond Japan.

DMKA
01-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Considering that the Kingdom Hearts HD collection is using the Final Mix version as a basis, I think it seems very likely that this will be based on the International version.
I really hope so. FFX International came out in PAL territories, so the English dialog is already there. This gives me hope that we Americans may just finally get it. :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
I think "soon" is better than comment at all, and I'm glad the fans bring it up so they're aware we are still pining for the release. :)

Sephiroth
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
DMKA, they should translate it newly then. The English translation of Final Fantasy X is not very accurate and loses many meanings of the story.

This, however is something many people don't know and then they would probably only complain about it.

Aulayna
01-13-2013, 09:15 PM
I need this in my life!

(yes Square Enix if you're reading this too - just like with KH HD - I WILL GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY)

Renmiri
01-13-2013, 11:55 PM
:kakapo::kakapo::kakapo:
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

DMKA
01-14-2013, 05:20 AM
DMKA, they should translate it newly then. The English translation of Final Fantasy X is not very accurate and loses many meanings of the story.

This, however is something many people don't know and then they would probably only complain about it.

I wouldn't bet on it. HD remakes are so appealing to companies to do anymore because it's insanely cheap and makes a surprisingly good return. I doubt Square Enix would put the time and resources into re-recording all the dialog for a nearly 12 year old game.

But then, they've done stranger things.

Nebulance
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
I hope this means something... 'Soon,' however isn't a well defined time frame, so who knows. I would feel better if there was a trailer or something.

Bubba
01-14-2013, 01:26 PM
I never actually finished this game so would love the opportunity to start over again in lovely HD. I've got plenty of other games to be getting on with though so I'll wait patiently for the release in 2016.

Am I the only one who actually liked Blitzball in this game? I was obsessed with this damn mini-game for weeks and it made me stop caring about the main quest.

NinjaCoachZ
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
I liked blitzball a lot. I was never addicted to it the same way as Chocobo Hot and Cold, but I liked playing it every now and then as a break from the main game.

Mirage
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I just hope they fix the old 16.67% slowdown we PALers had to deal with last time.

For those who don't know, the 60->50 hz conversion was really really terribad. tons of animation in the game plays back ~16% slower than it should, making for example Tidus' running seem like he's running on the moon. Most other conversions to 50 hz do not have this issue, so it is entirely SE's fault.

I'm looking forwards to playing this again. I've been holding off my replaying of this game for like a year now. I kinda hope they do a X+X2 on the same disc, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

And Blitzball is awesome.

Sephiroth
01-14-2013, 03:38 PM

I wouldn't bet on it. HD remakes are so appealing to companies to do anymore because it's insanely cheap and makes a surprisingly good return. I doubt Square Enix would put the time and resources into re-recording all the dialog for a nearly 12 year old game.

But then, they've done stranger things.

It would at least be better for those who are really interested in the story to experience something they did not know it actually existed in the story of Final Fantasy X. But as you said, they will probably not make it and the critique of those who don't know that it would be a more accurate translation would be not good.

chionos
01-15-2013, 06:14 AM
I'll buy it again just to play blitzball. Hell, I would buy a full-on blitzball-only game (then it could have characters from other FFs!)

Bubba
01-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I'll buy it again just to play blitzball. Hell, I would buy a full-on blitzball-only game (then it could have characters from other FFs!)

I want this.

Nebulance
01-15-2013, 12:49 PM

if it was a bit more dynamic than it currently is, I would certainly be interested. Also, I'm fairly certain that the mathematics of the game never truly work out. I remember when I had a higher shot rating than the guy that was going to block me, and then they block the shot anyway. Stuff like that always annoyed me. I did like how the shot power degraded with the trajectory through water though... very nice physical effect, if you will

Skyblade
01-15-2013, 05:50 PM

if it was a bit more dynamic than it currently is, I would certainly be interested. Also, I'm fairly certain that the mathematics of the game never truly work out. I remember when I had a higher shot rating than the guy that was going to block me, and then they block the shot anyway. Stuff like that always annoyed me. I did like how the shot power degraded with the trajectory through water though... very nice physical effect, if you will

There's a variance in the block mechanics. The block can be lower than the official value as well, or the enemy can just miss. It's just randomness to shake things up slightly.

The RNG is nowhere near as bad as the one from Tetra Master.

Karifean
01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
I kinda hope they do a X+X2 on the same disc, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

This would be the most awesome thing ever. Why? Because then we'd finally get the International Version of X-2. And that version makes the game four times more awesome.
That being said though I'm afraid chances for this to happen are slim to nil. Still looking forward to this, though.

DMKA
01-16-2013, 03:48 AM

Maybe they could DLC them in, like they did with the retro bosses in FFXIII-2's battle arena? :p

Skyblade
01-16-2013, 04:11 AM

Maybe they could DLC them in, like they did with the retro bosses in FFXIII-2's battle arena? :p

I would totally do that. Now we need to figure out the strengths and positions for each FF player.

chionos
01-16-2013, 04:53 AM

I would totally do that. Now we need to figure out the strengths and positions for each FF player.

Yeah, totally working on that. >_>

Formalhaut
01-16-2013, 11:01 PM
I kinda hope they do a X+X2 on the same disc, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

This would be the most awesome thing ever. Why? Because then we'd finally get the International Version of X-2. And that version makes the game four times more awesome.
That being said though I'm afraid chances for this to happen are slim to nil. Still looking forward to this, though.

YES! I'd love to compare the creature systems in X-2 and XIII-2. Coincidentally, their both sequels. Hmm.

Mirage
01-17-2013, 01:58 AM

Except FF13-2 should have had that shit in the game from the beginning of.

chionos
01-17-2013, 02:52 AM

Except FF13-2 should have had that trout in the game from the beginning of.

Yeah, that kind of shit's getting old now. It's insulting. Do they think we won't recognize something intentionally kept out of a game just so it can be sold as DLC later? I guess it's as much our fault as theirs, though, for buying the shit.

Mirage
01-17-2013, 10:34 PM
I haven't bought any of the FF13-2 DLC yet and if I ever do, it'll be the stuff that isn't just one single outfit or one single battle. That sort of DLC is seriously smurfing retarded.

However, I am entirely fine with episodic content for a reasonable price. After all, this is basically what would be called an expansion pack in the old days, but smaller and cheaper. 4 hours of gameplay for like 3 dollars is fine in my books. That's twice as much entertainment for one third the price compared to going to the movies, after all, and you don't even need to get your ass out of the couch!

1-2 dollars for a single 10 minute fight, however, that just reeks of screwyou. I'm even fine with paying for costume packs, but one single costume for a dollar or two is dumb. Other games with switchable costumes often comes with like half a dozen included in the game. Star Ocean 3 for example, 4 outfits per character, 10 characters in total, all included (you had to work really hard for them, but that's fine). Resonance of Fate, which is a much more recent example (ps360), has a huge wardrobe of clothes that you can mix and match freely, also included in the game from the beginning of, and allows for probably several hundred combinations of outfits. I would actually be totally fine with paying extra for additional clothes in that game, because they did such a good job to begin with.

FF13-2 had like one for each of the *two* characters, and maybe one extra if you had a "special edition" for your region. Charging extra for each individual costume in this situation is just terrible.

black orb
01-18-2013, 07:16 AM
“The world will get answers soon, we promise.”
>>> Im scared now..:luca:

maybee
01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
At SE's main office

http://media.tumblr.com/16ea5545e6d5be4b36fa8ae5e0f628aa/tumblr_inline_mge2vnifBp1rrznpz.gif

Rocket Edge
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Well at least it's something. of course, SE's version of soon might be two years from now, and that maybe just an announcement of when the game might actually be released.

Good news nonetheless. I have purposely not replayed this game since I heard about the remake to make the release all the better.

Rostum
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
"Soon" meaning in a few months, to announce a countdown timer for another announcement that will announce when they'll announce another announcement.

Aulayna
01-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Could be worse, could be this version of Soon:

Soon - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon)

Rostum
01-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Following FFXI for the last decade, I can safely say SE's "soon" is exactly that.

Mirage
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Word.

Raistlin
01-27-2013, 06:58 PM
"Soon" meaning in a few months, to announce a countdown timer for another announcement that will announce when they'll announce another announcement.

SE does seem to love announcing future announcements about other announcements.