PDA

View Full Version : CastleMiner Z

noshowmillk
01-13-2013, 01:05 AM
At first I thought this was just minecraft with guns. It certainly seemed like that at first but the more I played it the more I noticed it's somewhat unique features. I still think it took a lot of stuff from minecraft but it uses some of those features in a different way.

The first being the feel of the game. Instead of feeling like you need to build a house that looks good like in minecraft you feel like you need a house just to survive. The jump mechanic feels weird at first but you can easily get used to it and move on. The enemies in this game a merciless and can take you out in a few hits. If you act careless a zombie can easily sneak up behind you and take you out in seconds. There are modes similar to minecraft but the most unique would be the endurance mode. You will either love or hate this as enemies will constantly spawn around you no matter what time it is.

The graphics and texture of the world give you a bit of a creepy feeling, almost like that of the Castlevania series. A lot of the items I've seen have detail to them and makes the game better when it comes to visuals. Animation seems just a little bit silly with the movement of your character's arm as you use the pick axe or hold a gun. This didn't really get in the way too much, though. I definitely didn't notice this as I had zombies jumping around everywhere, trying to get a hit. Luckily they can be stunned for a very short amount of time so if you're decent at aiming in an fps then it'll be easier dealing with enemies. The dragon was one of my favorites (even though it won't leave you alone if you're on endurance mode). The way it flew and shot balls of fire at you were great and I couldn't help but notice all the details put into it. My only problem was that it didn't spread out it's shots and aim well at you, but this might be necessary to keep it from becoming overpowered.

Overall I just have to say that it had good graphics and one of the funnest features for me was the endurance mode. This mode can be especially fun if you have a friend to play with.

Have you played this game? What did you think of it? Is there anything I haven't mentioned that you would like to add on?