PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What is this?

Mercen-X
01-13-2013, 04:23 AM
My dad mentioned a scene potentially from a cartoon. He thinks it's Heavy Metal, but I don't agree.

The scene is described as two societies at war (my dad says two separate planets). Rather than going at each other full-scale, each selects a single champion. The following scenes focus entirely on one hero as he trains in multiple forms of combat and is sculpted into a peak physical specimen. On the day the two are set to meet, the hero is boasting of his victory to come while a crowd cheers. Then he is crushed by an opening door of the ship transporting his opponent who steps off the transport and asks where his opponent is.

chionos
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm certain it is not Heavy Metal.

escobert
01-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Doesn't sound like anything I've seen in Heavy Metal.

Mercen-X
01-13-2013, 11:46 PM
It obviously puts off an air of parody. So I'd assume it's either a comical cartoon or a lead-in to a not-so-serious animated movie.

chionos
01-14-2013, 01:17 AM
It has the Heavy Metal vibe, so I can understand why your dad would think it was from that movie. But it's not in any of the similar 70's-80's adult cartoons I can think of. Fire&Ice, Wizards, etc. Any idea how long ago this film/cartoon might have been watched? 10 years? 20?

Mercen-X
01-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Well, the earliest I ever saw Heavy Metal, that was like 20 years ago. Since my dad assumes it was Heavy Metal, I would guess this scene he's picturing was from something around that time. Then again, his memories not always reliable.