PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations!

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Hey all,

I just joined so I figured I would introduce myself. So, um, here I be. I recently dug out my snes and old games, so I am replaying FFVI, but am almost done *sniff*. It is my all time favorite, and I started playing it when I was 8 or so, thanks to my older brother. Luckily, I also found my copies of FFVII and FFIX (I don't know if those had different Japanese numbers... feel free to edumacate me on that), so I won't be totally bereft when I stop futzing around and actually kill Kefka.

Anywho, hi.

Gu-fu-fu

mine is an evil laugh

Laddy
01-13-2013, 09:43 AM
VI is my favorite too! Stick around and have fun; it's always good to have new people here! :monster:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the forums :)

VII and IX are the same numbered releases in Japan. And just like that, you've been edumacated :cool:

Please stick around. I see far too many new people make "i'm new here" threads and then they are never to be heard from again.

Formalhaut
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Yes, if we must, we will definitely chain you to your laptop and have EoFF on auto-refresh. For the rest of your lives :stare:

But anyway, before we have to resort to that, welcome! Have you played any of the more recent Final Fantasies?

It's also nice that you are interested in sun salutations:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wkztk6BgdXA/TOmdKOOZjoI/AAAAAAAAABA/r4EMZTY5ggw/s1600/SunSalutationFinal.jpg

Faris
01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Where is the intense pose in your sun salutation? :stare: It burns!

Also, welcome to EoFF, please leave your sanity at the door :monster:

Lonely Paper Star
01-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Welcome! Hope to see you around here and IRC. :3

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh my, so much responding to do! Yays!

First off, thanks to Laddy for being up after 4 am and responding right away so that I didn't get super anxious about posting and run away!

VII and IX are the same numbered releases in Japan. And just like that, you've been edumacated :cool:

I suspected as much, but yay, now I know. (now has GI Joe theme in head)

I will try not to disappear, I am bolstered by being told not to!

Formalhaut, the newest FF I have is FFX-2, and I have yet to play it. :eek: A friend made fun of me when I bought it and said it was the crap FF. I hope it is at least minorly fun. So, yeah, have not played anything remotely new.....yet!

Faris, I do not stand for much sanity, so mine is easily left. Also, I am writing a bit yodalike. Try sanity do not. *cough*

Laslty, there is IRC!!!!! Lonely Paper Star, I am psyched! I haven't been in IRC chat for an embarrassingly long time. Cool cool.

Thank you for the warm welcomes, most seriously!

Sadly, english is my first language.

Gu-fu-fu

mine is an evil laugh

Jinx
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
i'm drunk

hi go fuck you :)

Formalhaut
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
What is your avatar based on? :)

Rantz
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome! I dub thee... Prince Gu-fu-fu.

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Tifa's Boobs, nice to meet you.

Sadly, I do not smurf on command. Enjoy the drunkenness!

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey formalhaut,

It's Terra, albeit a weird chibi version. I was debating versions, but the original artwork in the old FF player guides always creeped me out a bit, not my style. I could rock the green hair, methinks.

Rantz, I like being dubbed. Actually I like being subbed better, but (ba-dum-bum) can I be Overlord Gu-fu-fu or such? I am actually female, and Princess Gu-fu-fu sounds painful. Please not Princess Gu-fu-fu!

Faris
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Faris, I do not stand for much sanity, so mine is easily left. Also, I am writing a bit yodalike. Try sanity do not. *cough*

Good girl! Here, have a :cookie:

Formalhaut
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey formalhaut,

It's Terra, albeit a weird chibi version. I was debating versions, but the original artwork in the old FF player guides always creeped me out a bit, not my style. I could rock the green hair, methinks.

Rantz, I like being dubbed. Actually I like being subbed better, but (ba-dum-bum) can I be Overlord Gu-fu-fu or such? I am actually female, and Princess Gu-fu-fu sounds painful. Please not Princess Gu-fu-fu!

I thought it was Terra, but it looked odd. Talking about Terra, you can vote for your favourite cosplay of her in this thread! My money's on Madoka-Swan.

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
That be some awesome cosplay. Madoka-Swan is awesome, tough choice, but I gots to go with Liliana cause I need the green hair!

Formalhaut
01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
That be some awesome cosplay. Madoka-Swan is awesome, tough choice, but I gots to go with Liliana cause I need the green hair!

I'm not really into cosplay, but full credit to anyone who does. I don't know why, but I'm not really a fan of the mint green hair. I prefer the blonde.

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Cookie gif! It is a mixture of Waaaah! and Omnom.

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Rantz, I also think Magistrate Gu-fu-fu sounds pretty good. Or Little Tarty Pants Gu-fu-fu. You so get final dubbing.

Rantz
01-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Those are pretty fancy titles... how do you feel about High Chancellor Gu-fu-fu?

Gu-fu-fu
01-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Nice. I think it works cause Gu-fu-fu just sounds weird in englsih, so a fancy title makes it even more awesome.

Rantz
01-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I hope you will do the title honour!

Faris
01-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Please tell me what your signature is from.

Gu-fu-fu
01-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Hey Faris, it's from Firefly. I think it's even the first episode...

qwertysaur
01-14-2013, 01:20 AM
welcome, :choc:

Formalhaut
01-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Hey Faris, it's from Firefly. I think it's even the first episode...

Firefly? Oh boy, you have just covered yourself in gold right there. A little bird tells me many members of this forum loves Firefly.

Goldenboko
01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Hola! Stick around and post lots Fu-Fu!

Red Mage Coffman
01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
We're friends already! Now, how would I go about spelling Laharls laugh...

Night Fury
01-14-2013, 05:49 PM
You love Firefly. You love Wash.

I love you Mr FuGuFu

NeoCracker
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
You like FF VI, so I by default approve of you.

Shorty
01-14-2013, 07:35 PM
OH MY GOD WASH SIGNATURE WHERE HE'S PLAYING WITH DINOSAURS <33333

Welcome, welcome! :love:

Anytime I ever read "greetings and salutations" all I can think about is them saying it in Christian Slater's voice from Heathers.

Madame Adequate
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Curse your sudden but inevitable newbie thread!

Welcome to EoFF :jess:

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Brilliant name, Firefly sig, Firefly quotes.

Yeah, you're definitely in. The password is Badger Whistler.

Gu-fu-fu
01-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey Qwertysaur, nice to formally meet you. Maybe with formal wear. Wow. I am odd.

Shorty, I tend to think of Charlotte's Web, but now I will think of Heather's and the creepiness. That movie creeped me out as a kid.

Formalhaut, apparently I did! Wow, who knew all it takes is a little Firefly referencing. I can do that all day. :D

Hi Goldenboko and thanks!

Red Mage Coffman, indeed we are. Was it the Firefly or the maniacal laughter in Japanese?

Lockharted, thanks for the love! I am High Chancellor Gu-fu-fu now, or have you not heard? I demand to be adressed as....eh. As long as it's not Princess Gu-fu-fu I am happy.

Neocracker, I by default approve of your approving and excellent taste. Yay mutual approving!

Gu-fu-fu
01-14-2013, 11:06 PM
lol, I'm my own MILF, apparently we shall rule over this land, and we shall call it "This Land". I think I know nearly every line of every episode...

P.S. I think we should call it "Your Grave".

Quinter Wonderland, badger whistler huh? No, The Fat Man Walks Alone? Wait, does this mean someone among us can control badgers? Please say yes! Badger army!!!!

qwertysaur
01-15-2013, 01:24 AM
odd is good. Normal is boring :quina:

Gu-fu-fu
01-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Agreed. I so prefer odd!:moose: