PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Survivor

Laddy
01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Yes, I love this show. In an entirely unironic way. It's often silly, exploitative, and cheesy, but I love it.

So, favorite seasons? Favorite moments? Favorite players?

As for players, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Rob Cesternino, Kathy Vavrick O'Brien, Yul Kwon, and Earl Cole are my amongst my favorites. I like people who play strategically and yet still have a sense of humility or friendliness. I despise Russell Hantz as both on screen and off he has shown himself to be a terrible player as well as an arrogant and entitled sociopathic misogynist who lied about his career and fortune whilst demonstrating a huge inability to understand the game properly.

Favorite moments? I love cool strategic gambits or people being funny without really trying. I like it when players are self-aware and aren't trying to act like they're too special and just be themselves. However, Yul's Immunity Idol play in Cook Islands is maybe my favorite moment, as it's simply a great example of strong player essentially winning the game for himself through well thought-out play.

As for seasons, I love China, Heroes vs. Villains, Marquesas, Pearl Islands, Cook Islands, Amazon, and Fiji of all things. I dislike Samoa and Redemption Island, and I find Micronesia to be a solid if overratted season.

escobert
01-14-2013, 11:53 PM
I like the season when the crazy gay guy won then locked his kid in the closet :D

chionos
01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I really liked Yul, too, one of my top 5 players.

One of my favorite moments was in Palau when Ian (another of my favorite players) stepped down in that last immunity challenge. People go on the game and talk about playing honorably and making friends and all this other bullshit, but that was one of the few moments where someone actually followed through.

Not looking forward to Brandon Hantz being on this next season. Altogether looking forward to precious few of the returning players.

I miss two player endgame. This final three business is annoying/boring.

There's really only been two seasons I didn't really enjoy: Redemption Island, and One World, and not just because the girls kicked the guys asses (boy, those guys were STUUUUPID).

Aulayna
01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Survivor (UK TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(UK_TV_series))

Thanks for making me feel old!