PDA

View Full Version : Skins

Jinx
01-15-2013, 02:40 AM
I know a couple other people on this forum watch/watched Skins (even though it's just atrociously bad.)

For a couple of years there was talks of making a Skins movie with a combination of the first two casts (or possibly all three). In lieu of that, they decided to go the route of making three two-part episodes (so six episodes in total) to wrap up the series.

https://www.e4.com/blog/skins-news/post/5bxgsbsw6jyu8sdbhp5yo/view.e4

The three episodes are going to follow Cassie (Generation One), Cook (Generation Two), and Effy (Generation One and Two). The episodes will catch us up on the characters' lives since their series ended, and their lives now that they're adults.

To any Skins fans (former or otherwise), what do you feel about this? Do you prefer this, or would you have preferred a movie? What do you think of the characters they chose to follow? Would you have liked to see other people as the spotlight, or are you happy? Would you have liked more characters to be spotlighted?

I'm excited, even though this series is just godawful. It's one of those series that you watch because you're addicted for some strange reason, but know it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. (Except the first two seasons. Those were brilliant.) I wish they'd done a movie like they said they were going to, although I'm not sure it would've translated very well. Shows that go from TV to theatres rarely do, and since this show is supposed to be about the "average" life of people, I think it would've been dull.

I'm really excited they're spotlighting Cassie, as she was always one of my favourite characters. I hope this means we'll get a look into the lives of other Gen One characters. Effy, I loved when she was in Gen One. I hate, hate, hated her in Gen Two. She wasn't just bad, they made her character WEIRD. And I always hated Cook from the get-go, so I'm not happy about that. I guess I could say, thrilled about Cassie, so-so about Effy, unhappy about Cook.

Night Fury
01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
I really liked Cook. I've started re-watching Gen 2, and I honestly think Cook is one of the most believable characters, strangely.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I only watched the first two seasons (Gen 1!) and I loved it. Cassie is awesome. AWESOME.

Jinx
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I really liked Cook. I've started re-watching Gen 2, and I honestly think Cook is one of the most believable characters, strangely.

Generation One is on Netflix. Please watch it. :(

Aulayna
01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I can't remember much about it anymore now I try and think of it - I stopped watching mid way through the 2nd series and kind of forgot about it. :/

I did watch the US version a couple of months back though and all I can remember of that is that it was terrible.

Old Manus
01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I watched a few episodes of it when it was in its early days and just thought it was a bunch of middle class rich kids doing drugs and generally being brats. I couldn't stand it.

Jowy
01-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Skins is just an NC-17 version of Degrassi.

Jinx
01-16-2013, 03:39 AM
Skins is just an NC-17 version of Degrassi.

Bwahahaha, this is so true.

Pheesh
01-16-2013, 04:19 AM
First two seasons were so amazing, and the series has one of the best soundtracks for a TV show. Gen 2 was total balls though, I gave up a short way into season 4. I'll probably watch the mini-series, Cassie's episode for sure.

Jinx
01-16-2013, 04:21 AM
The soundtrack is great.

The best part being the theme song.

EDIT: Also, if you get a chance to watch the rest of season 4, you should. Only because it's so hilariously bad. It just goes off the fucking wall (and this is Skins we're talkign about. The show that had one of the main characters get hit by a bus and sing a song while he's unconscious or whatever). Like really, really, really bad.