PDA

View Full Version : FFVI or FFV Teaser site!

Freya
01-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Yup that's right, another teaser site (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff_atb/). Square Enix loves their teasers! So what are they teasing this time? Well we're not sure. From their RSS feed that was sent out to well anyone who has them RSS'd they had the headline of " – ( ・ω・)=つ≡つ 2013.1.17 ⊂≡⊂=(・ω・ )."

Now they've said before that they were going to put Final Fantasy V on iOS,so it's likely to be that but, thanks to Siliconera, (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/14/square-enix-teaser-site-hints-at-final-fantasy-v-final-fantasy-vi/) they've figured out what sprites are what!

The sprites seem to be Bartz and possibly Gaulf from Final Fantasy V but the behemoth enemy sprite is from Final Fantasy VI. So it's really a guess on which possible port it could be. It could be both!

Would you play a port of one of these games on your iOS? Which game do you think it'll be? What do you think this teaser is about? Also, enough teaser sites already SE!

Wolf Kanno
01-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Looks like a Teaser site for iOS versions of FFV and VI. Not surprised, since CT and World Ends With You got ported , though one has to wonder how Blitzes are going to work without a proper D-Pad.

Part of me would be surprised if this was actually a Teaser for the long forgotten remakes SE talked about doing for one of the new handhelds. I guess it could be a Vita port done in the style of FFI, II, and the IV Collection. Though I am still pretty sure its an iOS port.

qwertysaur
01-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Looks like a Teaser site for iOS versions of FFV and VI. Not surprised, since CT and World Ends With You got ported , though one has to wonder how Blitzes are going to work without a proper D-Pad.

Part of me would be surprised if this was actually a Teaser for the long forgotten remakes SE talked about doing for one of the new handhelds. I guess it could be a Vita port done in the style of FFI, II, and the IV Collection. Though I am still pretty sure its an iOS port.
It's going to be both. Dual release.

Blitzes are going to be a series of swipes in different directions. :p

Formalhaut
01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah, sort of like Theatrhythm with the yellow arrows. They'll probably be like that.

Skyblade
01-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Whoever made the "Galuf" comparison is completely full of it. The outlines of the sprites don't match up at all.

Notice, Galuf's hair brushes back, not forward in the front.

Notice also, his shoulderpad extends out to the left side of the sprite, while in the silhouette's, it does not.

Also, given that FFV had a part that was 50% to 75% female, I don't think having four male sprites would be indicative of it (even though it's actually two sprites that are repeated).

Honestly, even Bartz's hair doesn't match. In fact, I don't know of any character whose hair does match (and it appears to be the same style in all four sprites).

If we assume they are non-generic sprites, I'd actually guess Locke Cole for the standing character, with the "shoulder pad" being the back of his bandana.

Of course, we've only got two days to wait, so speculation is rather pointless.

Although, looking at the full site. Yeah, it's FFV. Why Siliconera ignored the first four sprites, which show the Black Mage and what I think is the Chemist, is beyond me.

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Check the teaser site cause that's where the comparison comes from because the picture linked cuts out four of the characters in the lineup and one of them is obviously a Black Mage.

Bolivar
01-16-2013, 01:46 AM
I'd definitely never play these games on a smart phone. Not knocking anyone who does.

The Man
01-16-2013, 03:34 AM
I probably would. It's not like I do anything more productive with my smartphone most of the time. Checking message boards? Not exactly the world's most productive use of resources :monster:

Freya
01-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Okay so the newest theory/here's an update of speculation. It's link is ff_atb. The theory is it's a new game entirely called All the Bravest. THOUGHTS?

because in the page's source code is a link to an iTunes listing for All The Bravest.

chionos
01-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Looks like Final Fantasy: All the Bravest is what it is, but that doesn't really get us anywhere. Sounds like a bundle to me, though, like Final Fantasy Anthology was for these games on the PS.

Bottom left sprite looks kind of like Bartz as a mystic knight, but none of them perfectly match any of the old FFV sprites. Even the obvious black mage in the upper left (which would have to be Galuf or Krile if it's any of them because they're the only ones without the C-shaped emblem on their hat) doesn't perfectly match any of KrileorGaluf-as-BlackMage's sprites. :blahblah: yeah I know, but speculating is fun.

But they could have altered the sprites.

It would be really awesome if it's something new, and they just happened to reuse the Behemoth from FFVI! :love: But it's not. :mad:

maybee
01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Maybe it's a mixture of FF VI and FF V characters working together to save the world from Ex-Death and Kefka and is on the 3DS ?

Though that sounds too good to be true. It's going to be some cellphone game or ios port.

Yar
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Is this going to be another browser based game? :p

Okay, okay... It probably won't be. But I am not getting my hopes up. Square Enix has been nothing but a huge disappointment for years, so I'm not going to be surprised if this is something uninspired and anticlimactic.

Prove me wrong I guess?

NeoCracker
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
You know, I'm kind of tickled that it's neither FF V or VI. ;P

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2013, 04:31 PM
The sprites remind me of the PS1 remakes of FFI and II. Maybe leftovers from the aborted FFIII WonderSwan port. Though it looks like all the monsters are from FFVI's roster. Which I'm cool with cause I feel VI had some of the best monster designs in the series barring the high level of palette swaps.

Elpizo
01-16-2013, 04:44 PM
The sprites remind me of the PS1 remakes of FFI and II. Maybe leftovers from the aborted FFIII WonderSwan port. Though it looks like all the monsters are from FFVI's roster. Which I'm cool with cause I feel VI had some of the best monster designs in the series barring the high level of palette swaps.

I recognised the Dullahan enemy from FF III and the dinosaur-skeleton enemy from V, though. First time we may get to see some FF III enemies in updated 2D glory.

Aulayna
01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2282-revealed-final-fantasy-all-bravest.html

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2013, 05:53 PM

I recognised the Dullahan enemy from FF III and the dinosaur-skeleton enemy from V, though. First time we may get to see some FF III enemies in updated 2D glory.

Yeah, I didn't watch the trailer before but I see the use of enemies from the first six games, also it looks like you can recruit actual FF characters, like Cloud. Wonder if they may redesign the bosses from FFVII-XIV as 2D sprites? I mean I did see a 2D version of the Mandragoras from FFXI/XII on the site.

Anyone else notice the acronym for the title is FF:ATB? :cool:

Honestly? I'm kind of intrigued by this game. I don't game on my phone and even though FF Dimensions has come out, I would still prefer to play it on an actual gaming system, but this looks pretty amusing and something really designed for an iOS. I really loved the battle with the full party of 16 dragoons. I also saw you could get Magitek Armor as well...

Del Murder
01-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Why would they tease the rererererelease of FFVI and FFV?

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
It was an accident mostly. I think if they had thrown in a few monsters from other FF games in the teaser picture instead of just the FFVI Behemoths, it wouldn't have gotten our hopes up. Course they could have also did this deliberately to gauge fans interest in another port or remake of FFV and VI, while advertizing their new iOS game, but I don't really think SE's PR department is that good.

chionos
01-16-2013, 08:01 PM
The site's updated in case anybody hadn't noticed.
The fast pace and crazy battles certainly seem fun. But there's an obvious lack of depth to the game.

3.99, though, seems a fair enough price.

The extra recruitable characters (like Cloud) have to be bought (.99 each it looks like). Maps from later games can be purchased too.

I would drop 3.99 on it if there was an android version.

Goldenboko
01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
The site's updated in case anybody hadn't noticed.
The fast pace and crazy battles certainly seem fun. But there's an obvious lack of depth to the game.

3.99, though, seems a fair enough price.

The extra recruitable characters (like Cloud) have to be bought (.99 each it looks like). Maps from later games can be purchased too.

I would drop 3.99 on it if there was an android version.

We did.
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/148009-revealed-final-fantasy-all-bravest.html