PDA

View Full Version : Revealed! Final Fantasy: All The Bravest

Aulayna
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
39312The new Final Fantasy game is indeed Final Fantasy All the Bravest, for iOS devices, a spinoff combat-only title. It hit the New Zealand iTunes store (https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/final-fantasy-all-the-bravest/id581058256?mt=8) a couple hours ago. Square Enix had said to expect an announcement on this tomorrow. Well, it's already tomorrow in New Zealand.

All the Bravest uses the Active Time Battle system popularized by older Final Fantasy games. "Every character possesses an ATB gauge that displays the time remaining until that character can execute an action," the description says. "When the gauge is full, simply tap or drag your finger over the character to attack. Touch multiple characters in quick succession to experience exhilarating and fast-paced battle."

All the Bravest will feature characters, enemies and music (more than 30 songs) spanning theFinal Fantasy series, and offers red mage, monk and warrior among the 20 classic jobs that are unlockable as players progress through the game. Old foes like behemoths and cactaurs will be followed by a boss showdown at the end of each stage.

Also, an in-game shop will offer 35 premium characters from "a number of Final Fantasy titles." The characters appear to be randomly awarded when purchased. Additional game stages from Final Fantasy VII, X and XIII also are available.

The game is listing for $4.19 in New Zealand, which is $3.50 U.S. No word on North American pricing, nor Android availability.

Source: It's Official: Final Fantasy All the Bravest Comes to iOS Tomorrow (http://kotaku.com/5976364/its-official-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-comes-to-ios-tomorrow)

So, I already like the intended abbreviation - FF:ATB!

Goldenboko
01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Hm, I actually like this more then a simple port (Teasers for ports seem like a bit much). I hope the 4 dollar is the price for the full game though, I hate when games are sold in parts.

Red Mage Coffman
01-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Good point. My friend loved the start of Dimensions and proceeded to buy the rest. Until he found out they were 15 dollars apiece.

That said, I would totally buy this. Wish I had an iPhone T.T

LordKefka
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Combat only title....I wonder if it will have enough depth to be playable for more than 5 minutes and a combined month.

Aulayna
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Square Enix have now uploaded the launch trailer for their latest iOS game titled Final Fantasy: All the Bravest. In it you'll see just how crazy things can get with parties going up into the double figures range.

In the trailer you'll also get to see a lot of old school sprites, job classes and even musical favourites.

So without further ado...

Eaj8IT63pok

qwertysaur
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
So you control a mob of characters, interesting. I like the party of 30 dragoons. :bigsmile:

Psychotic
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Wow! I love the army of characters approach! I might just pick this up for my iPod if compatible. Theatrhyhm isn't.

The Man
01-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I might get this if they release it for Android. $4 seems like a pretty reasonable price.

Raistlin
01-16-2013, 08:54 PM
I might get this if they release it for Android.

Agreed. SE needs to release these games for Droids. :mad2:

Aulayna
01-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah I hope it sees an Android release too. It looks fun.

Loony BoB
01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Go New Zealand! :D

Polnareff
01-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Stuff like this is why I hate Square now. Making stupid teasers for iOS games (mostly of which barely even count as games) and refusing to bring out certain games in other territories, even though damn near every game they make sells like hotcakes (at least if it's not a SaGa title). Damn you Square-Enix.

Necronopticous
01-17-2013, 03:37 AM
Final Fantasy Whac-A-Mole. Maybe next Square-Enix will deliver on the Final Fantasy baby mobile we've been waiting for.

Tonberry Time
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
So Square-Enix has been reduced to making iOS games? Make a proper game for the Vita, please. Or at least give us Chrono Cross and Crisis Core for the european PSN.

Goldenboko
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
As someone with an iPhone, I appreciate these games :shobon:

chionos
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
It's quick easy money. Easy to develop; takes a minimum amount of staff away from other games. If mobile gaming really is the future (as in, it will destroy console gaming completely) then it's the smart move. They need to freakin' accommodate Android too, though.

These kinds of games aren't what keeps SE from working on the games that we really all want, it's the big games that fall behind or have to be completely reworked (e.g. FFXIV) that do that.

black orb
01-18-2013, 07:26 AM
>>> lol at the Kefka battle..:luca:

Spooniest
01-18-2013, 04:11 PM
From romhacking.net:

Here's a video (http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/17/psa-dont-buy-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest) explaining the game. The whole game. You swipe. That's it. Oh, and if you lose your party, you can pay (real money) to revive them. There's a gil counter but it doesn't seem to do anything. You randomly find equipment after battles but it just marginally increases a few classes' attack power. There's no element of choice, there's very little element of strategy (if an attack hits the entire front row, try to only have one person in the front row.) It's just a thrown-together attempt to beat some cash out of a ten-year-old dead horse.

Oh, and did I mention that there's in-app purchases? Aside from paying money for continues in battle, there's $35 worth of Classic Characters gated behind $1 purchases, but you don't get to pick who you get - you just pay the dollar and pray. And there are three maps locked away at $4 apiece. If you wanted to unlock everything, it would cost you $51. Not counting revives. For a game where you just mindlessly swipe at the screen.

Yeah. Stay away.

This offends me personally. They clearly put no effort into this, and expect people to just throw money at it. Bastards.

Freya
01-18-2013, 06:46 PM
I saw this played at the event by some other fansite members. The one who bought it was complaining about the price. It's 4 to get it which isn't bad but then there is very little to do without having to put more money into it. If someone is wanting to put the money into it, we'd love to have a review on the game though!

LadyJuxtaposition
01-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Dude! This looked like fun! It looked as if all the FF characters are on caffeine or other things that made them extremely hyper!

If they have this game for iPod (which I'm currently have) I am SO going to get that game! :D

Del Murder
01-19-2013, 02:35 AM
God dammit Square, stop making games like this. Or, make games like this to make a bunch of money, and then use it to make something good.

The Man
01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Review: Final Fantasy All the Bravest - Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/review-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-242882.phtml)

Final Fantasy All the Bravest (iOS)
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
Released: January 17, 2013
MSRP: $3.99, $3.99, $3.99, $3.99, $1.99, $2.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99, $0.99From the MSRP alone you know this review is worth reading :monster:

Formalhaut
01-22-2013, 08:27 PM
It's just a thrown-together attempt to beat some cash out of a ten-year-old dead horse.

The annoying thing is, as an SE and FF fan, after they released All the Bravest I kind of find it hard to argue with it. :(

SE, step your game up. Please! This is the first game I really cannot defend.

Raistlin
01-22-2013, 10:26 PM
SE has a habit of taking advantage of the mobile market to an absurd degree, putting out cheap games that cost nothing to make, but end up requiring 20 times that cost for all the content. Some people have defended SE in the past when this subject is brought up, but from from what I'm reading about ATB, this is the most blatant and appalling example of such a sketchy practice and seems indefensible. This is the point where if I owned any iOS products, I would seriously consider boycotting all SE iOS games.

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2013, 04:08 AM
iOS/Cell phone games are big in Japan so it makes sense SE would exploit though FF:ATB is certainly a serious money grab whereas something like FF Dimensions is pretty pricey but technically a full game. This game looked interesting but the gameplay description sounds boring and too simplistic to be more than a diversion.

qwertysaur
01-23-2013, 04:24 AM
Beat the game, it has nostalgia, but that's the only thing about it. That and the descriptions of some jobs are funny. :p

NinjaCoachZ
01-23-2013, 04:26 AM
It's just a thrown-together attempt to beat some cash out of a ten-year-old dead horse.

The annoying thing is, as an SE and FF fan, after they released All the Bravest I kind of find it hard to argue with it. :(

SE, step your game up. Please! This is the first game I really cannot defend.

Agreed. As someone who likes and supports the company to this day, I'm scratching my head as to who honestly thought this was a good idea.