PDA

View Full Version : Spirits Within

Baloki
01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
So it's time for my yearly tribute to our long departed forum dedicated to the movie Spirits Within. So tell me, what spirits do you like within, where do you imbibe them and what was your first experience with spirits (alcoholic or transcendental).

Myself I've become quite a fan of Whiskeys in the last few years (I used to drink kids alcohol :( ), I'll switch to a bourbon like Jack Daniels if I'm drinking socially though rather then wasting a single malt!

My first experience with spirits was in an ancient forest high up in the mountains near a cosmic canyon, I'd been training for years to defeat an ultimate weapon and eventually after many years of it it running away I was able to pin it down over the ocean with the help of some friends. The spirits seemed to leak some horrible green ethereal liquid that seemed to stain the carpet. Yeah, they totally weren't worth the effort. Next time I'll probably just go to the northern peninsula and fight through the caves to see them, or maybe in the sewers of Deling City...

Formalhaut
01-16-2013, 09:50 PM
I like the clever way you've done this! I should do a tribute myself. :D

As everyone sort of knows by now, I don't drink any spirits within me. Probably for the best.

Denmark
01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
gin

Jowy
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
The first time I drank we had one-hundred proof peppermint schnapps in my friend's basement. We watched The Matrix Reloaded and mostly everything else was a blur. Then I woke up super early and had to go wait tables with a hangover. Bad day.

I drink beer and irish whiskey. Jameson, specifically. With ginger ale and a hint of lime.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
My go-to-drink is Jameson and coke or Jameson and ginger ale.

I used to be a big vodka guy though. So I still have a soft spot for pretty much anything with vodka in it.

I won't drink tequila willingly. You have to get me drunkhammeredwasted to start drinking it, and then the night will never end well.

Araciel
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
A good rye ... NOT canadian club cause that shit is sick.

Aulayna
01-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I used to be very big on tequila in the form of margheritas because of a cocktail bar that did amazing strawberry margheritas and tangerina ones called tangeritas.

Straight up, Sambucca.

A Jameson's and Coke isn't bad either.

But tbh I drink like once in a blue moon these days.

escobert
01-16-2013, 11:46 PM
cheap beer.

Faris
01-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Creepy thing about this thread: I had the main song from Spirits Within stuck in my head for a few minutes for no apparent reason today. GET OUT OF MY HEAD :stare:

Okay, topic! Anything that's a pretty colour and tasty! Some TASTE BAD (like rum and orange juice, gross) :quina:

Raistlin
01-17-2013, 01:52 AM
I could drink vodka and tonics all day every day.

chionos
01-17-2013, 04:45 AM
In the blue forest a black shadow came to me and said, "Drink and be happy." And I drank from the black bottle whose scent was of raspberries, and I took the clear bottle, whose scent was of poison, and I drank. And the shadows grew up to the tops of the trees, and the ground was much lower and much higher. And we ran from the sounds of a man's voice, and we came to a stream. Now the stream was a river, and the waters were boiling, and the shadow he leaped from the hill. He scrambled up, in the black autumn leaves, and he turned and looked in my eyes, and I saw the pale sclera, and the white gleam of his teeth when he smiled. And he turn and ran, and the shadows crept down from the trees around me, and the waters came up from their bed, and I leaped from the side of the hill. When I woke I was wet, and I was cold, and my shirt smelled of raspberries and poison. And I found my way home, through the window left open, and I fell in a heap on the bed. Come morning I swore off raspberries forever, and wished in vain I were dead.
Razzmataz and Vodka: probably not the smartest first-time experience with alcohol.

I could drink rum&coke all night long, but I could drink this shit for breakfast (and sometimes I do):

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/chionos/CAM00060_zps56794b65.jpg

Okay, it's not "spirits," but it raises mine. *ba-dum tsh*

qwertysaur
01-17-2013, 05:15 AM
Sake. :quina:

DMKA
01-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Vodka first. Rum second. Bourbon third.

A Gibson made with Belvedere = :heart:

Rantz
01-17-2013, 06:34 AM
At home I usually favour red wine, G&T or Rum and Coke. When I go out, beer is the standard, but mojitos and other fancy drinks are common as well.

Surprised how many people mentioned Jameson. I much prefer Johnny Walker when it comes to cheap whisky. Although when I do go for whisky I usually go for something fancier and smoky. Lagavulin is a favourite (and Ron Swanson Approved™).

Bunny
01-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Anything with gin in it.

Anything with vodka in it.

Some things with rum in it.

Some things with tequila in it.

Long Island Iced Tea.

I don't drink nearly as much since I started getting free bottles of gin and vodka because I would be the world's biggest alcoholic.

Shorty
01-17-2013, 07:45 AM
gin

*gin high fives for rob and bunny*

The first time I ever drank anything I was staying at my hoodrat friend Bailey's house. We were 16 and she had somehow acquired some vodka and we mixed it into blue powerade and drank it and uuuuugh it was so smurfing terrible that I couldn't have very much. She drank herself stupid and went into the bathroom to puke and drop her phone in the toilet while I stayed on the couch watching Poltergeist while her not-age-approproate older brother hit on me.

It wasn't a great night.

Pumpkin
01-17-2013, 07:58 AM
My preferred alcohol is Smirnoff Ice because I'm just that lame, but if I'm ever trying to get very drunk it's vodka or a combination of many different alcohols. Mind you I haven't done that in about 3 years. I don't drink alcohol very much anymore. Once every few months usually. It's not like I'm restricting myself, I just don't really want to most of the time. Also I'm a pathetic light weight who gets drunk off of one beer, so it's kind of a joke that technically my boyfriend drinks a good more often then me but I get drunk more because he's fine after one beer and I'm all wheeeeeeeeeeeeee~~

My first experience with alcohol was when I was like six and my mom's at the time boyfriend thought it would be funny to get me to drink some beer by pretending it was apple juice :|. It's not like he intended to get me drunk because his son would fake fall for it every time and he would make sure to take the beer away, but still. I was six, not stupid. Like I was really going to believe he poured apple juice into a beer bottle and that somehow it magically smells and acts like beer once in the bottle. But he would stand there and giggle at me so eventually I tried it just to say "This isn't apple juice." Like I had told him I already knew. About 14 times.

My first time getting drunk I was 14, at a friends house, and I was sitting on the floor with this guy I used to be friends with and he wanted to build a beer cap pyramid, so he asked me to help him build it by getting more beer caps, which was accomplished by drinking more beer. I got drunk and we built a beer cap pyramid. It wasn't a particularly exciting night.

chionos
01-17-2013, 08:03 AM
I don't care how unmanly it is, I'll drink me some Smirnoff Ice. They're not great for getting smashed or anything, but that's not generally my purpose when drinking. They taste good, no matter what anyone else says.

Bubba
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Jim Beam or Jack Daniels.

I can't touch vodka though unless it's in a cocktail.

I also love a good Long Island Iced Tea.

Old Manus
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Exclusive real ale drinker reporting in. You pansies can stick to your cocktail parties.

Jowy
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
At home I usually favour red wine, G&T or Rum and Coke. When I go out, beer is the standard, but mojitos and other fancy drinks are common as well.

Surprised how many people mentioned Jameson. I much prefer Johnny Walker when it comes to cheap whisky. Although when I do go for whisky I usually go for something fancier and smoky. Lagavulin is a favourite (and Ron Swanson Approved™).

We drink actual whiskey because of our superior tastebuds. The countries that omit the "E" from the word, with the exception of Japan produce almost vile spirits masked in a glass bottle. I don't know how much a bottle of Jameson runs in swede-cash, but the top-shelf Jameson can hit up to ninety bucks a bottle and you can only acquire it at duty-free shops. I'd hardly categorize that as "cheap."

Rantz
01-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Maybe I've only had the cheaper kind, then. I'm no expert.

Both Irish and Scottish get a thumb up from me though!

Shorty
01-17-2013, 04:54 PM

We drink actual whiskey because of our superior tastebuds. The countries that omit the "E" from the word, with the exception of Japan produce almost vile spirits masked in a glass bottle. I don't know how much a bottle of Jameson runs in swede-cash, but the top-shelf Jameson can hit up to ninety bucks a bottle and you can only acquire it at duty-free shops. I'd hardly categorize that as "cheap."

Shut your pretentious hole. It's on sale for like $22 at Safeway right now.

Jowy
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM

Shut your pretentious hole. It's on sale for like $22 at Safeway right now.

I'm not being that pretentious; I appreciate how whiskey should taste.. $40 a handle here, $60 for top shelf Jameson. That's a bargain, Sarah.

Shorty
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
You are too being pretentious! And rude! :p

Whiskey is a gross man's drink, anyway.

Jowy
01-17-2013, 05:06 PM

It grows hair on your chest and builds character; Damn right whiskey is for men.

Shauna
01-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Poison of choice is Southern Comfort, or when I cannot afford that because it is a pricey drink over here, Morgan's Spiced. I won't say no to a Bacardi and Coke though. Cocktails are also a winner.

Basically, if it's not beer, ale, whiskey or gin, I will probably give it a go. xD

Yar
01-17-2013, 06:54 PM
gin & tonic, sake, soju, long island (when I'm feeling girly), tequila with salt and lime :jess:

and recently, this beer which will probably be what turns me into a full-fledged alcoholic:

it's cheap, and there are better beers, but it's good enough for my budget :p but it's a unique taste and it's better than any American trout I've ever had

DMKA
01-18-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm drinking Beefeater Gin right now. I forgot how wonderful it was.

chionos
01-18-2013, 12:42 AM

It grows hair on your chest and builds character; Damn right whiskey is for men.

Sexist much? Women have as much right as men to have hair on their chests. :glare:

Shorty
01-18-2013, 12:48 AM

Beefeater's not bad! New Amsterdam is my personal favorite.

DMKA
01-18-2013, 01:29 AM

Beefeater's not bad! New Amsterdam is my personal favorite.
New Amsterdam is good. Bombay Sapphire is great.

My housemates like Seagrams, which I don't fancy one bit.

theundeadhero
01-18-2013, 04:10 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of Jack, Jameson, and Sailor Jerry's rum. My weekends are no longer a blur these days but they're not as exciting either:/

Shorty
01-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Yeaaah, Sailor Jerry's!

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 03:07 AM
I prefer Johnnie Walker or Jameson if it's up to me. I mostly drink beer when I'm out though.

chionos
01-21-2013, 03:11 AM
It's not up to you, though, is it NCG?

If any of you are ever going to be in Kentucky, PM me and I can tell you where to get the good stuff. Nothin' better than Apple Pie Moonshine.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Not when my friends only want to get Jager or Fireball. :p

Shorty
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Jager :stare:

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Lol. What's wrong with Jager?

Shorty
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
What's right with it would be a better question.

Shauna
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Jager is not bad.

I prefer sambuca, it is my shot of choice.

NorthernChaosGod
01-22-2013, 06:24 AM

Few drinks come close to the epicness of a Jagerbomb.

chionos
01-22-2013, 06:25 AM

Exactly. Nobody really likes Jager. Nobody.

And before you say anything, shut up, you're lying.

Yar
01-22-2013, 07:20 PM
I want to do body shots off NCG

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2013, 06:42 AM
I want to do body shots off NCG

I'll allow it.

Yar
01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Okay here's how this is gonna go down... First I'll lick some salt off one of your ears. Then I'll take a shot of tequila on your stomach. Then I'll go for the slice of lime that you'll be holding with your teeth. It will be awesome and then we can act like it never happened.

NorthernChaosGod
01-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Whatever, just get me drunk first.