PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself to you all

Varnis
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Varnis and I randomly got introduced to one of the staff members of this site IRL who told me that this is "one of the longest running Final Fantasy fan sites ever" and I thought to myself "I'll go check this place out", since I'm also a member of many different forums I'm sort of acquainted with the way people talk about their fandoms.

Just a quick warning though, I do tend to facepalm whenever I see comments, petitions, rumors and just plain complaints about things such as "When's Versus XIII and Type-0 coming out" Mainly because I'm a very patient man when it comes to games being developed, and I know well enough about how companies work to know why they make the decisions that they make.

A little bit about my FF history...I've played all Final Fantasy games EXCEPT for Final Fantasy XI, and I have yet to play a Final Fantasy game (yes, including spin-offs) that I did not enjoy, and even though this might get me 'shunned' from the community...I loved Final Fantasy XIII, I saw nothing wrong with it...I could not see for the life of me why the fanbase is so divided on this game as well as their hate for Toriyama.

Other than that I guess there's not much else to say about myself...I look forward to participating on this forum :D

Night Fury
01-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome Varnis!

Nice to have a new face in our community! You should check out our Chatroom sometime, and we have looooots of sub-forums for all your FF needs!
I'm Lockharted but people call me Locky. :D

Which is your favourite FF?

Pheesh
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I liked FF XIII as well, screw the haters :D

Welcome to the forum!

Varnis
01-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome Varnis!
Which is your favourite FF?

This has always been a hard question...but If I was to give my 90%+ positive answer...it's Final Fantasy IV

I liked FF XIII as well, screw the haters http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum!

You Know It! :D

Bubba
01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D

qwertysaur
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
welcome to the forums. Have a cookie .:cookie:

Formalhaut
01-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Just a quick warning though, I do tend to facepalm whenever I see comments, petitions, rumors and just plain complaints about things such as "When's Versus XIII and Type-0 coming out" Mainly because I'm a very patient man when it comes to games being developed, and I know well enough about how companies work to know why they make the decisions that they make.

Feel free to have a quick pop over to the respective forums and facepalm everyone you see. :p I do understand where your coming from, I'm more of the more patient types in regard to Versus. Type - 0? I'm slightly more irritated, because the games made, hurry up and do the localisation! Don't cancel it!

There is no need to be ashamed with XIII. I loved it too. Are you looking forward to Lightning Returns?

And of course, welcome to our lovely Forums!!! Varnis. what's the meaning behind the name?

Pheesh
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Turns out Varnis is a weird mix of o_O and I.

And yes, the chat crew have already sunk our claws into him!

Varnis
01-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Type - 0? I'm slightly more irritated, because the games made, hurry up and do the localisation! Don't cancel it!

There is no need to be ashamed with XIII. I loved it too. Are you looking forward to Lightning Returns?

And of course, welcome to our lovely Forums!!! Varnis. what's the meaning behind the name?

Type - 0...first off I'm sure if they did localize the game and release...can you give me the approximate number of people who'd pre-order that game? let alone the amount of copies that would be sold? I'm seen many examples where a fanbase has asked for certain games/anime/manga to be localized from Japan and there was only as little as 1,000 preorders...Out of 50,000!!!!! out of 500,000 copies released!!!!! I'm just saying that SOME people DON'T know how to put their money where their mouths are, and Square Enix knows this...They can't afford to waste money on something that won't make breakeven in a market where the PSP is beyond dead.

and yes I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns...I was sick to my stomach how much XIII-2 was non-linear compared to XIII and I'm glad that Lightning Returns is making the game time sensitive, so I can focus on the story just how I like it.

and the meaning behind my name...I've never heard of the name nor have I known anyone else who knows it, so I took it as my online alas, something unique ya'know?

o_O
01-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the forums, old bean. Nice to chat with you already.

FFXIII is rad.

Formalhaut
01-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Type - 0? I'm slightly more irritated, because the games made, hurry up and do the localisation! Don't cancel it!

Type - 0...first off I'm sure if they did localize the game and release...can you give me the approximate number of people who'd pre-order that game? let alone the amount of copies that would be sold? I'm seen many examples where a fanbase has asked for certain games/anime/manga to be localized from Japan and there was only as little as 1,000 preorders...Out of 50,000!!!!! out of 500,000 copies released!!!!! I'm just saying that SOME people DON'T know how to put their money where their mouths are, and Square Enix knows this...They can't afford to waste money on something that won't make breakeven in a market where the PSP is beyond dead.

I definitely wouldn't release it on the PSP, that format is more than dead. Even the PS Vita hasn't exactly had the best run of it. Were they to localise it, I would place it either on the PS3, which is a proven platform. I do see where your coming from though. I never pre-order, I always wait first until the games out so I can see how it fares. That probably makes me a disloyal fan, but you know...

I think SE does need to get a game out soon though. Since FFXIII-2, I felt that the general fanbase wanted something more; I loved it, but they were sort of expecting something else, like Versus or Type-0.

I hope LR has a balance between a gripping story, as well as some non-linearity, the time limit might hide some secrets and the like. I'm looking forward to it too!

Goldenboko
01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Don't worry Varnis, we want more members who like the games :p

Shorty
01-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Were you at the meetup last night? I'm so glad you came to join our forum! Welcome, welcome :love:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Welcome. Always glad to have more XIII fans :)

Who was the staff member you met?

Varnis
01-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Were you at the meetup last night? I'm so glad you came to join our forum! Welcome, welcome :love:

I was...I was the 'freeloader' who came along after the preview.

Welcome. Always glad to have more XIII fans http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/smile.gif

Who was the staff member you met?

The one who got invited to the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Preview Last night

Rantz
01-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Welcome Varnis! Hope to tie you up and never let you leave see you around! ... For a long, long time O_O

Edge7
01-18-2013, 06:50 AM
Yo, nice to have you on board!

Thumbs up for a fellow FFIV fan. Also, I'd like to think at this point, mention of Versus and Type-0 on these forums are more likely to be snarky little in-jokes regarding SE handling of the PR rather than a demand for them to be released.

Also, no one here's gonna bag on you for liking XIII. I might be vocal about why I don't care much for it, but I've always felt that arguments in these forums are more civil than other parts of the internet.

NeoCracker
01-18-2013, 07:34 AM
I think XIII is terrible, yet I can't really bring myself to hate it. :p

But hey, to each their own. :p

Welcome, and enjoy the festivities!

Varnis
01-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks everyone, I hope to stick around as long as I can :)

Formalhaut
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone, I hope to stick around as long as I can :)

Great! I'll be seeing you around, and with Valentines coming up soon, me and the other members of the Events Committee will keep you entertained. :D

Freya
01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
OH YES! You're the australian! :D I remember you ^_^ I didn't think you'd join but now I feel all awesome for getting you to do so! Welcome! It was very nice meeting you :D Hope you enjoy our forums as much as your own. We enjoy every newbie, almost too much!

TrollHunter
01-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I despise 13 but its cool that you like it, more power to you i say.
Youll definitely have an interesting time here, an youve already shown that you have reason in your posts, so i like you already.
Hope to see you around more

Raistlin
01-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Welcome to EoFF! Always good to see new faces. It's pretty cool that you met some of our staff in person already.

I will try not to hold your wrong opinion about FFXIII against you. :p

Faris
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Welcome to your worst nightmare EoFF :monster:

Tigmafuzz
01-21-2013, 03:57 AM
I thought your name was TARDIS for a second. I am now disappointed that it is not.

But welcome anyway :grumble: