PDA

View Full Version : Which Summons would you like to see again in future FFs?

Wolf Kanno
01-17-2013, 06:03 PM
What it says on the tin but to make this a little more streamlined, assume that series standbys like Ifrit, Shiva, Odin, Leviathan, and Bahamut will be present and accounted for, I'm more interested in unique summons or inconsistent ones.

NeoCracker
01-17-2013, 06:15 PM
You know, I oddly miss Choco/Mog from VII. :p

Yar
01-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Ramuh or Quezalcoatl, although the do kind of nullify each other. :(

Ramuh is awesome because he always has a wise-man personality. But Quezalcoatl is a beast, which I think most summoned monsters really should be. :p

Alexander as well. More Alexander please!

Quindiana Jones
01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Definitely Alexander.

VeloZer0
01-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I would like to see either Bahamut go back to being the Ultimate/Penultimate summon or even go the FF7 route of having multiple forms. Back in the olden-days he was typically the strongest, and it seems that every time they make a game they want to show how powerful the ultimate summons are by making Bahamut relatively weaker.

I also thought the design of Anima was relatively interesting. Kind of the idea that the summon is so powerful it has to be contained and you are only using a small part.Which is how it should be imo, the summoned monster is a lot stronger than you and is only lending you it's power.

qwertysaur
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Cactuar. :cactuar:

I also like Valefor, she could be a nice Wind elemental summon.

Maduin/Madeen (they are the same summon) is another one that needs to come back.

Alexander is fun, he blows stuff up with holy might.

Carbuncle because it's adorable. :kaoclove:

Quindiana Jones
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd also like to see some of the XII Espers as standard summons. They had an excellent backstory, and many of them had brilliant designs.

Gamblet
01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Golem has definitely been left behind.

I would also like to see the Lich summon from FFT again.

Formalhaut
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
I really, really want Alexander. I support all calls for him to return. I love the holy element! :)

Any other summons? Hmm...

- Cerberus. I am surprised that it's very rare
- Diabolos. Oh come on! A black lamp! It's asking to be a sidequest
- Choco/Mog or the fat Chocobo. I'd love to see them again.

Can't think of any others. I really want Diabolos and Alexander back though.

NinjaCoachZ
01-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Alexander. Love that guy. Also Siren, Hades, and Carbuncle. Fenrir seems pretty underrated as well; what's not to like about a summonable wolf?

Formalhaut
01-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Alexander. Love that guy. Also Siren, Hades, and Carbuncle. Fenrir seems pretty underrated as well; what's not to like about a summonable wolf?

Forgot about Carbuncle. Really want to see Carbuncle. I love that cute little guy. Wish it did more than just "reflect" though. Not the most useful summon.

Futan
01-18-2013, 12:48 AM
- Cerberus. I am surprised that it's very rare
- Diabolos. Oh come on! A black lamp! It's asking to be a sidequest

I agree w/ these two and I'll add Phoenix and Moomba to them as well. XD

Bolivar
01-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Not really interested in the unique ones, I'd like for the classics and a few other repeats some have mentioned like Alexander and Carbuncle to keep showing up. Part of that FF charm was seeing your favorite older summons in new form and this is another one of the categories where I really wish Square would just stop trying new things.

NeoCracker
01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
You know what? We need to be able to summon Grendal.

Hell, why not Ekindu? We already have had Gil as a summon. :p

Mirage
01-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Hecatonchier or whatever. That was a cool thing.

Jinx
01-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Magus Sisters were awesome.

ShinGundam
01-18-2013, 03:02 AM
I want Asura, Diabolos, Griever and Ragnarok.

VeloZer0
01-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Not really interested in the unique ones, I'd like for the classics and a few other repeats some have mentioned like Alexander and Carbuncle to keep showing up. Part of that FF charm was seeing your favorite older summons in new form and this is another one of the categories where I really wish Square would just stop trying new things.
I'm with you on that one. I like seeing a couple new ones every time, but bringing back the familiar slate is one of those small details that helps tie each installment back to the franchise.

chionos
01-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Diabolos, Alexander, and Bahamut.

I'm on board with Zer0 concerning Bahamut.

And I hope to see Garuda make the transition from the mmo's to an offline FF someday. (Garuda is an enemy in several FF games. She made the leap to a usable summon in FFXI and FFXIV)

Someday there will be a FF that uses past FF characters as summons. That day will be a good day.

I never use him much, but I like to see Ramuh show up.

Phoenix.

Cactuar, Tonberry.

Moogle.

black orb
01-18-2013, 06:48 AM
>>> THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-9pJQopdyY&feature=player_embedded)..:luca:

Pete for President
01-18-2013, 07:55 AM

This guy has potential. Gotta love Water summons.

Formalhaut
01-18-2013, 08:12 AM

This guy has potential. Gotta love Water summons.

While he is based on my sign, he's part of the XII mythos, so I doubt he'd make a reappearance. I second Pheonix though. I loved the unpredictability of it's revival move.

Forsaken Lover
01-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Ark should show up again.

...what? He was pretty cool.

Mirage
01-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Anima was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing her again.

Shauna
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
While he is based on my sign, he's part of the XII mythos, so I doubt he'd make a reappearance.

If the FF series makes a return to Ivalice, which it may well do, who knows what could happen. :3

Formalhaut
01-18-2013, 04:06 PM
While he is based on my sign, he's part of the XII mythos, so I doubt he'd make a reappearance.

If the FF series makes a return to Ivalice, which it may well do, who knows what could happen. :3

If they release another tactics, then perhaps. In terms of a main game series or main game sequel, I highly doubt a return. It's more because they've already done XIII as their focus, and if they decided to work on another sequel, the fanbase will not be amused. At least not until Versus is out anyway :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
You say Leviathan is a staple yet he hasn't gotten too much love lately. I WANT MORE LEVIATHAN! ALL HAIL LEVIATHAN!

Now, assuming I agree with your premise: Alexander, Valefor, and Phoenix. :D

Karifean
01-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Definitely Anima, although the feeling of power you get when you acquire this aeon probably largely stems from the way they presented her in the storyline.

Yojimbo would also be pretty cool, but Zanmato has to go away.

Also, Doomtrain.

Aulayna
01-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I quite liked Valefor - especially with it's alternate Overdrive. I wouldn't mind seeing Valefor come back in some sort of Knights of the Round/Anima multi-hit massive damage summon.

VeloZer0
01-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Sounds like a great idea for the next game's ultimate summon.

"Misfits":
summons all the single game summons in a huge Knights of the Round style attack.

chionos
01-18-2013, 06:35 PM
That does sound pretty cool. :love:

Del Murder
01-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Doomtrain, mothersmurfer!

Formalhaut
01-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Doomtrain, mothersmurfer!

I second Doomtrain. That GF was my definite standout star in VIII.

Faris
01-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Doomtrain and Magus Sisters kthx

qwertysaur
01-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Also more Cerberus please. :D