PDA

View Full Version : Technology sucks.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2013, 12:42 PM
So, on Tuesday, I downloaded some video editing software, because I needed to make a short introductory video for my school to show the kids (I don't get into China until after term ends). This goes well. I record a video, not the highest quality, but decent. I get some pictures, I make some short clips to put into the main bulk to liven it up a bit. Bellissimo. It all works grand. This takes me up to this morning.

I check the video, as I want to look over it again before cutting it up and sending it. Oh. What's this? No sound? Somehow - presumably arsehole demon magic - the sound has just been straight up removed. All of it. From my computer. I can't find the audio anywhere. I still have the original files, but I'd have to re-edit them all to make them pretty and fun and wonderful, which takes me smurfing hours because I've never done anything like this before and I'm still trout at it.

So, I've had to make a troutey boring video - kind of defeating the purpose, since it was for people who don't understand the language anyway - but, smurfing BUT, it's now about 9PM over where the school is, so presumably the students have all gone home any-:bou::bou::bou::bou:ing-way.

The main body of your posts should be telling me I'm wonderful and charming and that it's not my fault. The lesser part is to tell me about times when technology has conspired against you and completely ruined your life, because Bill Gates is a :bou::bou::bou::bou: or something.

Night Fury
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Quin, you are wonderful and charming, and that is not your fault at all.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh wow, that was completely unexpected, Locky! :blush:

Night Fury
01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
:D

I guess the most recent time for me when Technology was a fuck, was this week when I was trying to print out my assignment for hand-in, and it wasn't happening anywhere... so I checked my printer balance and I had no credits - which means someone hacked them. Because before the semester break I had like £6 of credit, and I didn't print a thing over Christmas. Stupid fucking printers and students being able to hack them! >:(

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Actually, it was my fault. You know that whole haunting thing...:erm:

My PS3 remote was not cooperating with me last night, even after violence and threats to destroy it.

Formalhaut
01-18-2013, 04:23 PM
My camera's battery life goes wild. Sometimes, it's a full 3 bar, then it turns itself off and starts back up again with a 1 bar. Then it somehow goes back to 3...

Irritating. That and I can never make the image look "non-awful".

Shorty
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
My phone's mapping location has been bitching out on me for like a month.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2013, 09:24 PM
My phone refuses to charge unless the cable is connected at exactly the right angle. A millimetres movement anywhere in the cable will cause it to stop charging.

I've already destroyed about three cables in my rage. :/

Pumpkin
01-18-2013, 09:58 PM
My phone refuses to charge unless the cable is connected at exactly the right angle. A millimetres movement anywhere in the cable will cause it to stop charging.

I've already destroyed about three cables in my rage. :/

:|

It's...It's not your fault, Quin. None of this is your fault. It's okay. It'll be okay.

Iceglow
01-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Arthur, sorry to say this but it's all your fault because you're a terrible terrible arsehole and like to finger pineapple rings.

When I was in college it seemed like every fucking computer I touched database software on broke, I was literally trying to build my project for class and nothing worked and the software died at every minor macro code I entered. I eventually found out it was to do with the partition my sector of the college drive was stored on, my project however as a result had to be rushed with only 2 weeks to prepare it, pretty much as you'd expect it wasn't a great project as a direct result of this.

Pike
01-19-2013, 10:47 AM
The lesser part is to tell me about times when technology has conspired against you and completely ruined your life, because Bill Gates is a :bou::bou::bou::bou: or something.

I can't play games on Linux without spending hours messing around with it, THANKS BILL :argh:

escobert
01-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Quin, it's all your fault.

Futan
01-19-2013, 08:17 PM
The lesser part is to tell me about times when technology has conspired against you and completely ruined your life, because Bill Gates is a :bou::bou::bou::bou: or something.

I can't play games on Linux without spending hours messing around with it, THANKS BILL :argh:

Jarly. Hopefully Gabe is fixing that for us though. XD

Pike
01-20-2013, 01:40 AM

Jarly. Hopefully Gabe is fixing that for us though. XD

I know right

All I need is that, plus Paradox games on Linux (happening soon!), plus OpenMW, and I will be a very, very happy robot.

Quindiana Jones
01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
The only game you need on Linux is Mahjong.

Pike
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
OMG I love Mahjong

Tigmafuzz
01-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Normally I hate when people say they have problems with technology, because it's almost never the technology's fault. Mostly PEBKAC. But sometimes, there really are actual problems with the technology. Crazy, right? Like my phone. MY smurfING PHONE. Here's a quick list of the things my phone does that piss me off to no end:

1. Sending messages to the wrong people sometimes. if I reply to someone, or start a new message and choose who to send it to before i type my message, halfway through typing my phone will change the person I'm sending it to. If I don't choose who I'm sending it to until after I've finished typing the message, sometimes my phone will send it to someone else anyway.

2. Taking messages out of my drafts and sending them. Why, phone? Why would you do that? I was obviously not finished with that message. That's why it was saved. Or maybe I just started a text so I could quickly type in a note that I needed to remember for later, since it's quicker to do that then open my note-taking application, and saved it to drafts to look at later. Imagine my surprise when I get a reply from someone that I haven't texted in days, asking me why I sent them a short grocery list.

3. Restarting at random times. I don't get it. What's so important that you have to stop me in the middle of what I'm doing to start over? Are you having memory problems, phone? Sometimes when I pick you up, you're in the middle of restarting. Sometimes I'll try to paste something I copied earlier, but you no longer have it saved, because you've restarted. Do you just not like me, phone? I've tried to be good to you. I've had you for five years, phone. We've been through a lot together. Are you disapproving of some part of my lifestyle? Just tell me, phone. Don't be like this. I thought we had a more open relationship than that.

4. Pretending it's always fully charged. Don't be like that, phone. If you need to take a break, just tell me. That's what the charger is for. Don't overwork yourself, phone. You can't just always pretend everything is alright. Everybody needs help sometimes.

5. Calling people at 3 in the morning. Just because I'm awake doesn't mean that some girl whose number I got two days ago is awake too. I don't even know her well enough to call her that early, phone. You may have damaged that relationship beyond repair. Are you jealous, phone? Is that what this is? You know we can't be together, phone. You're a phone, phone. Please understand.

6. Changing the names of contacts and/or switching their numbers around. You're a dick, phone.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Sometimes my Facebook app will shut itself down when I try to open it. It works again the next time I open it though.