PDA

View Full Version : DmC:: Devil May Cry

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-18-2013, 04:23 PM
So who has been playing it? I've been drooling over Dante. Say what you will, but he's sexy. Also, as much as the ads sorta make him out to be devil-could-care-less attitude, he's not such a flat character (not super rounded either).

The plot itself, what I have experience so far, is alright. Nothing spectacular but not that bad, only with occasional odd lines. But what really is fun, and I think this is the big part of the franchise, is the gameplay. So fucking fun. I love the fights and comboing attacks. The only thing I have a problem is the "Angel Boost" ability (i.e. gliding) because it seems that about 40% of the time my remote doesn't register that I pressed both buttons at the same time (or so I am 90% positive I did). So I fall to my death, repeatedly, on occasion. That aisde, it is all good.

So who else has been playing? What are your guys' opinions and thoughts? Also, if you could have the new Dante alone in a room, what'd you'd to him? :D

Formalhaut
01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Also, if you could have the new Dante alone in a room, what'd you'd to him? :D

Give him a hug. That guy looks seriously depressed. Don't want to know what your thinking Bobby...

As for the games, they certainly have that hack and slash component to them, with a more stylistic twist. I've never played them, but I've seen videos and they can be very beautiful to watch. I think the first one is probably the best. The series has watered down I think, or not been so prevalent in the critic's eye.

They need to reinvigorate the series. Is basically what I'm saying.

TrollHunter
01-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Considering ive played the games, they dont feel watered down at all :p

Also, DMC looks like a blast. I want it in my life

krissy
01-18-2013, 08:59 PM
I've never played them, but here's some opinions beyond visual impact.

;)

Masamunemaster
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
I have played every one of the previous games, and loved them. I think this game makes a decent approach as a reboot, keeping with the action and story being mixed just right. The best thing Ive found so far is dominating the air with Osiris, the aerial battling has deffinatly been improved upon.

DMKA
01-21-2013, 01:02 AM
It's sitting on my desk unopened as we speak. I'm excited to play it, it totally looks like my kind of game.

I really liked all the previous games, but the characters and story were always ludicrous, so I don't know what people are so bent over this time around. :p

EDIT: Played the first couple hours, had a blast so far. It's actually very fun, still feels very much like classic Devil May Cry goodness.

Masamunemaster
01-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Litterally just finished it, and I must say I love how they did everything. The mundus fight was a better twist though, rather than just hack and slash at a big beast, there was a "plan" and you didnt have to fight every bit of it.

sir helix
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Final battle made the whole game. Kinda mad they made sparda out tobe that weak though

Sephiroth
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Can you listen to your own music while playing the new Devil May Cry? In some games you can via XMB menue.

sir helix
01-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Yes

Sephiroth
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
I think it is fitting for this game when I say:

Hell, yeah!