PDA

View Full Version : Most Popular FF Females According to Official Square Enix Poll

Evastio
01-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Guess the fan favorite female Final Fantasy character - Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/guess-the-fan-favorite-female-final-fantasy-character-242654.phtml)

1.Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII
2.Aerith from Final Fantasy VII
3.Yuna from Final Fantasy X
4.Tifa from Final Fantasy VII
5.Celes from Final Fantasy VI
6.Terra from Final Fantasy VI
7.Serah from Final Fantasy XIII
8.Garnet from Final Fantasy IX
9.Faris from Final Fantasy V (tied for 8th)
10.Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII
11.Rydia from Final Fantasy IV(tied for 10th)
12.Selphie from Final Fantasy VIII
13.Rikku from Final Fantasy X
14.Beatrix from Final Fantasy IX
15.Yuffie from Final Fantasy VII (tied for 14th)
16.Ashe from Final Fantasy XII
17.Rosa from Final Fantasy IV
18.Eiko from Final Fantasy IX (tied for 17th)
19.Agrias from Final Fantasy Tactics (tied for 17th)

Discuss.

Mirage
01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Sounds good to me, except I think Tifa should have been moved down a few places.

Del Murder
01-19-2013, 02:32 AM
Surprise surprise, there's Lightning at the top! Would have thought Rikku would be higher.

Forsaken Lover
01-19-2013, 03:36 AM
I totally called the Top 3 after I read the Most Popular males list. Well, I called the Top 5. I knew Yuna, Lightning, Aerith and Tifa be there.

It is rather dismaying to see Lightning ahead of Yuna...

It is more troubling to see the likes of Selphie above Ashe however. I am not one of those "Japan is a wretched hive of scum and villainy" people (who for some reason still read anime and manga and play Japanese video games...) but that is just unforgivable.

Bolivar
01-19-2013, 04:09 AM
I'm just stunned and I have no idea how to cope with this... I'm gonna defer to the first comment on the article:

Because the only people willing to take the survey are people who haven't completely abandoned the company?

I have to think this was mass-trolled or fake... Idk. Here's my top 5:

1. Ashe
2. Tifa
3. Garnet
4. Refia
5. Celes

It pains me to put a FFVI character in there, but I spent a lot of time with Celes and she's the kind of character I like using a lot in combat. Plus I know I can't put Yuna in there without getting lynched.

Futan
01-19-2013, 04:37 AM
I agree w/ Lightning at #1. However, I feel like Aerith and Yuna are too high and Rikku and Ashe are too low. :-/

Forsaken Lover
01-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Yuna > Lightning though.

This is all just a temporary high because of XIII-3: Lightning Becomes A Mary-Sue or whatever it is. In a year or two she'll be forgotten and Yuna will be #1 again.

I don't doubt the rumor that Toriyama personally bribed everyone who voted in the poll.

Wolf Kanno
01-19-2013, 09:43 AM
This list largely feels like a marketing ploy...

I don't necessarily agree with the list but then again, I tend not to like the main heroines in FF titles.

Personal Top 5

1. Terra
2. Lady Ashe
3. Faris
4. Celes
5. Aerith

Quindiana Jones
01-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Mine is similar to WKs. Ashe, Beatrix, Celes, Faris, Garnet, Terra, Aerith are the favourites I can count on one hand.

Elly
01-19-2013, 10:03 AM
sounds about right to me except in my opinion Tiffa and Aeris should be switched and Rinoa & Beatrix should be higher up...

Pete for President
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm just stunned and I have no idea how to cope with this... I'm gonna defer to the first comment on the article:

Because the only people willing to take the survey are people who haven't completely abandoned the company?

Very plausible.

In a world where people adore the likes of Bieber and Minaj it does not surprise me the female character with the most vile case of period can get elected as most popular.

Some marketing-scheme-corruption seems plausible too.

chionos
01-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Because Final Fantasy Fans are weirdos, I can understand every spot on the list except #1.

SE's marketing team thinks we're morons. They really do.

To be fair though, some of us are.

Pike
01-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Well I'm glad Celes is in the top five at least.

maybee
01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Aerith ? 2nd place ?!?

ugh, remind me not to go to Japan. :eep:

The list is pretty cool... expect for Aerith and Lightning could do with a few spots down. While it's nice to see a less damsel like heroine, she's not that great.

Lightning 8th or 10 th place and Aerith..... not on the list all.

Faris
01-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Oh cool, Faris made top 10 which is a bit surprising. Thought Ashe would have been higher up considering she won best heroine in our FF Ciddies (which was completely unexpected) and Tifa would have been above Yuna. Lastly, glad to see a Tactics lady made it on the list :love:

NinjaCoachZ
01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd put Terra and Garnet higher, but otherwise the top ten is pretty much what I expected save for the pleasant surprise of Faris and Rinoa being lower than I'd have guessed. It's interesting seeing these lists and how the opinions of Japanese fandom compare to western fans.