PDA

View Full Version : Final Destinations Giveaway!

Night Fury
01-19-2013, 08:34 PM

Remember that first visit to Cosmo Canyon? Hearing that beautiful music play through the speakers of your television, and with a sigh, you wished you could be there?

If that sounds like you, perhaps you should read on to find out how to win a Final Fantasy VII destination of your choice! Now, I'm not talking about a holiday to Costa Del Sol, that would require a lot more MP and Summoning Magic than I care to use up. I'm talking about some art; a pretty snazzy fan-art canvas, to be precise.

In a series of five by Joseph Barron, the "Final Destinations" artwork is something unique and eye-catching which would look great on the wall of any true Final Fantasy fan!

The series features simplistic, but sentimental images of The Golden Saucer, Midgar, Nibelheim, Cosmo Canyon and Rocket Town.

They're all very iconic locations not only of Final Fantasy VII, but of the series as a whole, and the artist has very kindly given "Eyes on Final Fantasy" a canvas to give away to one very lucky member! They're also limited edition, so be sure to snatch one up before they've all gone. They're such beautiful and classic pieces and such a testament to the fandom that Final Fantasy has created.

You may be asking "how do I win?!" well, simply comment in this article. Share your memories of your favourite Final Fantasy destination; not just from VII, but from any of the titles in the series, and you'll be entered in the prize draw. Simple right?

You can find all of the work here! So please do check out Joseph's work! Final Destinations from GamerPrint - Video Game T-shirts, Hoodies, Posters and Canvases (http://www.gamerprint.co.uk/collections/final-destinations)

Please note that the prize draw will be closed in 48 hours.

Goldenboko
01-19-2013, 08:37 PM
I love the Cosmo cannon one!

EDIT: I'll join in on locations. Lindblum, I've always loved Lindblum. I can always recall the emotion I felt seeing Atomos fuck it up during the battle scene.

Shauna
01-19-2013, 08:40 PM
I've seen these before, even. :} Awesome. Best of luck to anyone entering!

Formalhaut
01-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Prize draw eh? I never really win them. But I love writing about Midgar, so I'll use that.

What really drew me to Midgar was the sense of dystopia and pollution. When you first start, you see Aerith with a bunch of flowers, which then pans the camera out to the entirety of the city, which is constantly in darkness, and the bright green neon lights. Even when you venture outside of Midgar, the ground surrounding it is necrotic, brown, no life there. It just seems like the worst excesses of society is incorporated there: a lack of environmental concern, exploitation, lust, corporate greed. Hidden away in a small corner of Midgar however is a small miracle of hope; Aerith's church. The fact that no-one but Aerith really enters the church is tantamount to the lack of hope around Midgar.

Another symbolic gesture in Midgar is the Marxist influences in the city. You have the workers in the lower plate, or the proletariats, toiling away in sub-standard conditions. Then you have the upper plate, or the bourgeoisie. President Shinra is your stereotypical fat-cat. The entire city of Midgar is a symbolism for the negative effects of Capitalism. It might ignore any emotional plights or social concerns with it's residents. According to Midgar, greed is good.

But the destruction of Midgar is a very emotional scene. In the epilogue, Red and his children gaze upon where Midgar once stood, now assimilated into nature. The fall of this once huge city is complete, and while questions remain as to where humanity is, I like to think humanity has outgrown Midgar, and learned the lessons from it. It's a fitting end to a very famous city.

krissy
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Gold Saucer was where my first date took place.

My partner seemed shy at first, but we went to see the play, cause I wanted to show that I was cultured, you know? None of that Midgar movie-plex pseudo-loveless B.S. storylines, I wanted something classic, to have my personality really shine ya know? I snuck in some X-potions, but no one noticed. Turned out the show didn't even have all their actors!? How typical. That's the economy for ya, people cutting corners everywhere. Why, if I had my way, the entire troup would've been f-i-r-e-3-ed.

Anyway, we went on the Gondola after and had a deep conversation about reality and shiz. Now, I'm usually fairly scared of Gondolas, and heights in general. I almost vomited, not sure whether it was due to the shaking or the cheesy crap my date was spouting. Anyway anyway, I asked him to show me his Buster Sword and he did and it was pretty big. Then I played with his materias, I really like materia.

Overall pretty nice place but weird-ass shady ghosts in the hotel and weird-ass shady guy near the gondola coming in makes me think twice about taking more dates there.

Peace out xoxo,

Yuff-ez

Raistlin
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
The Gold Saucer one is especially cool.

Just to join in: My favorite FF destination for a holiday would be Costa del Sol. I mean, if even Hojo can pick up chicks there, I should have a shot, right?

chionos
01-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I'll second GB's nomination of Lindblum.

Midgar too, I wouldn't want to go there, but it's one of the most fully-realized and unique cities in all of FF.

Narshe, because I like snow and FFVI makes me nostalgia-squee.

Futan
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM

EDIT: I'll join in on locations. Lindblum, I've always loved Lindblum. I can always recall the emotion I felt seeing Atomos smurf it up during the battle scene.

I agree that the Cosmo Canyon one is the purdiest. I also like the Midgar one. :)

Favorite destination would probably be Al'taieu from FFXI. So purdy and paradoxical. And the work (it used to take) to get there made it mean so much more when you finally got there.

Night Fury
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
No love for Balamb Garden?

chionos
01-19-2013, 10:13 PM

EDIT: I'll join in on locations. Lindblum, I've always loved Lindblum. I can always recall the emotion I felt seeing Atomos smurf it up during the battle scene.

I agree that the Cosmo Canyon one is the purdiest. I also like the Midgar one. :)

Favorite destination would probably be Al'taieu from FFXI. So purdy and paradoxical. And the work (it used to take) to get there made it mean so much more when you finally got there.

How could I forget FFXI!? Al'taieu certainly. Also Windurst.

Futan
01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
No love for Balamb Garden?

I loved the concept of the Gardens(I guess that's more of a comment on the setting than the area itself) but I think the whole they fly/float/whatever shit ruined them for me. :x

Night Fury
01-19-2013, 10:48 PM
In all seriousness, although X is not my favourite game, I did love Macalania woods and The Farplane.

I also love Edea's House because of it's mystery and creepiness.

Parker
01-19-2013, 11:02 PM
I always loved FF8's locations.

Balamb in particular seemed like a nice place to live. I want to be the guy sitting on the bench, listening to the guitar music and watching the draw point. I also love fish (but not badamb fish).

Balamb garden was also very pretty. I think I would be a better student in that kind of location.

I think most of the towns in FF8 have a relaxing feel to them. Winhill, Dollet and the Shumi village would all be amazing places to retire to.

Agent Proto
01-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't mind visiting Deling City. It has that big city feeling to it that kinda attracts me, as it kind of reminds me of London in a way.

LadyJuxtaposition
01-19-2013, 11:27 PM
My personal favorite destination is the Golden Saucer where Cloud and Aerith involved in a play and Aerith became the main heroine of the show. I got good laughs from it! Another memorable moment was the both of them taking a ride and see the fireworks from the ride. It was very touching, made me believe that Cloud and Aerith a great canon couple. :love:

Lonely Paper Star
01-20-2013, 12:45 AM
I've always loved Balamb Garden. I started playing FFVIII when I was still in high school, so I fantasized about going to a school like that instead of my crappy real one. I would have felt much more independent, more athletic (with all training/grinding and all), and more useful. I'd go into SeeD after that and have an instant job... providing I pass the exam, of course. ;o

escobert
01-20-2013, 01:00 AM
If these were priced in $$ not just pounds I'd just buy them. But I guess that site is too cool for americans to buy from :(

Futan
01-20-2013, 01:11 AM
There's a dropdown on the right, Bert. Kind of tempted to buy a few shirts. XD

G13
01-20-2013, 01:47 AM
I would have to say Alexandria is my favorite area of any of the FFs. I played FFIX way before I really understood or was interested in the FF series and I was awestruck not only at how beautiful Alexandria was, but the game itself as well. I had a lot of fun exploring the city as all the different characters and I really enjoyed experiencing the different parts of the city as they did.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Winhill is one of my favorite places just because of how relaxing it is. I also particularly liked the nice little story we got about Laguna, Ellone, and Raine there. I would love to go to Winhill for a nice quiet vacation where I can just relax and write. Everyone (except the shop owner) all seemed like nice people to get to know as well.

I would also love to visit Cleyra. I feel like it would be fun to do some photography around there.

Formalhaut
01-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Can I also add to the apparent FFVIII love with:

Fisherman's Horizon.

yukina
01-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Zanarkand has always moved in the sense that it was the beginning and the end of the story. At one end, it was utopia with all its technology and just a hint of magic to fuel the gasoline adrenaline found there. Then suddenly, it's this barren wasteland filled with ghosts of former glory and swarming with pureflies that somehow give a pseudo-life to a place bereft of people. And this is where they finally realize what it really means to be a summoner and guardian, not just some glorified crap about saving the world and emerging victorious. So yeah, I guess this place had its mark :)

Raistlin
01-20-2013, 03:32 AM
My personal favorite destination is the Golden Saucer where Cloud and Aerith involved in a play and Aerith became the main heroine of the show. I got good laughs from it! Another memorable moment was the both of them taking a ride and see the fireworks from the ride. It was very touching, made me believe that Cloud and Aerith a great canon couple. :love:

You mean Cloud and Barret. :colbert:

Dr. rydrum2112
01-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Cosmo Canyon was just awesome- anyone mention the "setting sun" affect of heading there on the world map, yet?
Top to bottom, 8 might have had the best places- I always thought Balamb garden was cool, and fisherman's horizon was unique, esthar was really the only true sci-fi city before ff13, deep sea research facility was a cool idea, then you have the way each town is very different from each other.

Night Fury
01-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Can I also add to the apparent FFVIII love with:

Fisherman's Horizon.

Dooo dooo doo dooo dooo dooo dooo doooo dii dooo doooooooo.....

(Yes, I'm singing the songs again ;D)

Also, so glad you're all engaging with this giveaway! You gotta be in it to win it!

Shlup
01-20-2013, 08:12 AM
We finally get some swag I like and I can't even swindle me some. :/

Night Fury
01-20-2013, 08:19 AM
We finally get some swag I like and I can't even swindle me some. :/

I know man. :(

chionos
01-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Phil says Besaid.

Pumpkin
01-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Phil says Bes.....

STOP DOING THAT

Formalhaut
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
So Locky, when's the prize draw that I probably won't win but I have to look interested anyway?

Night Fury
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Tomorrow. And dont be silly Formy. Gotta be in it to win it dude!

Formalhaut
01-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh, I'm in it to win, just that I don't expect to win it. Keep your expectations rock-bottom and you won't be disappointed.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 03:53 AM
Those designs look so cool. I can't decide whether I like Midgar or The Gold Saucer more.

G13
01-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Does the winner choose which one they get or was the donation a specific design?

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Winner gets to choose the image and the size apparently!

Just under 12 hours til this closes! :)

Loony BoB
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
It should also be noted that they can also choose to have either a poster or a canvas. If I remember correctly, the poster has larger size options, but on the other hand the canvas is a canvas.

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
And to be entered, your post must include the criteria!

Something, even a sentence about your favourite location! You won't be entered otherwise! :p

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 08:10 PM
My favorite location was the Gold Saucer then. It had all the fun mini games and I got to take a big, strong black man out on a date. *swoon*

And it probably started my gambling career.

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 09:02 PM
I have just popped all the names into my magic pink box!

Who is going to win....?

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
AND THE WINNER IS......

PARKER!

WELL DONE!

Please PM your shipping address to Loony BoB!

Futan
01-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Grats Parker! :D

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Oh, and don't forget to pick the poster/canvas you want!

Shauna
01-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Yay Parker! :D

I, of course, call a fix. They're best buds, Locky and Parker... :shifty:

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
It was not a fix. I wrote out all the names on posts its, scrunched them, put them in a box, shook it for a good couple minutes and then pulled out the name! :D no fixing at all!

Faris
01-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Yay Parker!

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Ungrateful little bogey hasn't even posted yet!

Parker
01-21-2013, 10:15 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Lonely Paper Star
01-21-2013, 10:19 PM
'Grats, Parker!

*slightly jealous* :mad:

Freya
01-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Congrats Parker!

Formalhaut
01-22-2013, 04:38 PM
See, I knew it ;)

Congratulations Parker!