PDA

View Full Version : What order did you recruit your party in the WoR?

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
So what order do you recruit everyone back?

Celes -> Sabin -> Edgar -> Setzer -> Cyan -> Gau -> Relm -> Strago -> Shadow -> Mog -> Umaro -> Gogo -> Terra -> Locke

Spooniest
01-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I really don't think Celes counts, as she's forced into your party, but the first time I played, the order of the others was determined by the Nintendo Power Strategy Guide I had got from Toys R Us. I think I have a scan of it somewhere, it has all this great Amano artwork.

Anyway, it was:

Sabin > Edgar > Setzer > Cyan > Gau > Relm > Strago > Terra > Locke > Mog > Umaro > Gogo.

You'll notice that I didn't recruit Shadow, and I'll give you three guesses why. :cry:

Mirage
01-20-2013, 03:49 PM
That usually varies a bit, but I tend to go for the fastest ones first

Celes Sabin Edgar Setzer Relm Strago Shadow Terra Gau are among the first ones. Umaro, Gogo and Locke are usually the last ones to be picked up.

Is it actually possible to skip Sabin? I never tried.

Jowy
01-20-2013, 06:57 PM
You CAN skip Sabin but why would you ever do that?

Exact order as Spooniest thanks to being indoctrinated by the same strategy guide. I get Shadow right before Relm otherwise.

chionos
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Same general concept as Mirage, but specifically the last time it was:

Celes -> Sabin -> Edgar -> Setzer -> Cyan -> Terra -> Relm -> Strago -> Gau -> Mog -> Umaro -> Shadow -> Gogo -> Locke

NeoCracker
01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Celes-> Sabin -> Edgar -> Setzer -> Terra - > Gau -> Cyan -> Mog -> Umaro -> Realm -> Strago -> Locke -> Shadow -> Gogo

This was my most recent anyway. :p

Elskidor
01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Celes, Sabin, Edgar, Setzer, Terra, Mog, Umaro, Cyan, Shadow, Gau, Gogo, Relm, Strago, Locke

Elskidor
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
You'll notice that I didn't recruit Shadow, and I'll give you three guesses why. :cry:

Because you don't like him..... Because you don't like his dog.... and/or you let him die.

michael tonberry
01-24-2013, 02:29 AM
On my most recent playthroughs, I really changed up the order in which I picked up my characters. It looked something like this.

Celes->Sabin->Edgar->Setzer->Mog->Lock->Terra->Shadow->Relm->Strago->Cyan->Umaro->Gogo->Gau.

I never use Gau, hence the lack of love. I also always save Gogo and Umaro for later as I don't have to worry about teaching them anything.

DownDiagonalLeftA
01-30-2013, 04:16 AM
I thought I was the only one who got Sabin first.

Greatermaximus
02-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Including the mandatory three it goes to Mog next for his item that makes the game easier. I go to Terra next. The others vary.

Roogle
03-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Celes->Sabin->Edgar->Setzer->Mog->Lock->Terra->Shadow->Relm->Strago->Cyan->Umaro->Gogo->Gau.

Was it difficult getting Locke so early in the World of Ruin before you have enough for a full party to take on the Phoenix Cave?

the_best_noob
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Including the mandatory three it goes to Mog next for his item that makes the game easier. I go to Terra next. The others vary.
So you don't get Sabin before Terra? I agree, I usually go for Terra as one of my first 3 optional characters

Heath
03-19-2013, 09:20 AM
I've just started to do this in my most recent game, currently:

Sabin -> Edgar -> Setzer -> Relm -> Strago -> Cyan

Probably go for Gogo and Terra next.

michael tonberry
03-19-2013, 10:08 PM

Was it difficult getting Locke so early in the World of Ruin before you have enough for a full party to take on the Phoenix Cave?

With the moogle charm on Mog, you only need the one team of four. That being said, the real challenge is taking on the phoenix cave so early in the WOR.

Greatermaximus
03-20-2013, 12:53 AM
All my characters learn Warp as soon as I get Carbunkle and I keep extra warp stones and smoke bombs on hand. In any ff game really.

Quindiana Jones
03-20-2013, 06:37 PM
I get Sabin, and then I go straight to the final dungeon.

Flying Mullet
03-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't recruit anyone. I let them all wallow in misery for letting the world end up the way it is. :colbert:

CimminyCricket
03-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Mully, we know that's not true.

I don't remember what order I recruited them in, but I know I never went back for Gau. xD

Flying Mullet
03-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Mully, we know that's not true.
Yeah, I'm too nice a guy. :)

I after picking up Sabin on the way to getting the airship, I usually grab Mog and the Moogle Charm. Then it's off to the Phoenix Cave so I can recruit Locke for Narshe, which allows me to start uncursing the Paladin Shield early on as I play through the WoR, grab Ragnorak and steal to my heart's content. From there on out it's never the same, just clear out the WoR however I see fit.

warrior of darkness
08-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I forgot the order but I mostly get my characters to learn vanish,doom, and x-zone to level up easily.

VeloZer0
09-01-2013, 10:54 PM
First step is to have Sabin learn Bum Rush

Next I usually go for Terra, because I am a sucker for storyline characters.

After that I go for Narshe and the moogle charm and then go pick up Locke.

Then it mostly goes not by what characters I want to recruit, but by what loot I want to pick up.