PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Job Classes in the Tactics/Tactics Advance series?

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Exactly what it says on the tin folks.

Gamblet
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Mime, because I did not use the class at all.

VeloZer0
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Calculator. not only is the class horribly brokenly powerful it does so in a way that is massively un-fun to play. Lets spend a whole bunch of turns trying out every possible combination of parameters to see which is the best one. Fun!

Mime in FFT kind of has me scratching my head. For how steep the requirements are I don't see any kind of use out of it.

chionos
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Well that about covers it. Mime and Calculator.

Oh and I wish that Archer was more rounded, less of a one-trick-pony type of class. And the trick itself is flawed.

Never used the mediator much either.

Raistlin
01-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Mime, definitely. Calculator can be fun to screw around with, though not something I use most of the time. Mime just has no purpose at all.

I also generally don't use much of Oracles, Mediators, or Geomancers, though they each have their uses.

NeoCracker
01-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I'll echo Mime and Calculator.

Mediator closely afterwords, cause I don't really care about monster and enemy recruiting, so really find no use outside of "Equip Gun", which I still don't really use. :p

Gamblet
01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Mediator closely afterwords, cause I don't really care about monster and enemy recruiting, so really find no use outside of "Equip Gun", which I still don't really use. :p

Mediator Ramza + 4 monsters is a fun playthrough in my opinion.

NeoCracker
01-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I could just never get into the Monsters in this game.

qwertysaur
01-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Mediators are so useful though.

I never used Bishops from the advance series because Bangaa are terrible mages.

DrAssenov
01-23-2013, 12:15 AM
Dancer. I just sucked at using those ladies!

Skyblade
01-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Mediators are so useful though.

I never used Bishops from the advance series because Bangaa are terrible mages.

Yeah, I never really saw the point of the Bishop. Most of the other jobs really work, but that one's just kind of "huh?". Even if it had great magic stat growth (which it doesn't), it lacks any real synergy with the rest of the Bangaa jobs, coming closest to working with Templar, but still really kind of falling short.

Gamblet
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Dancer. I just sucked at using those ladies!

Nameless Dance is awesome, turns everyone into a frog and stuff with a 18-30% probability if I remember right. I just spam it and take enemy out with other doods.

TrollHunter
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Bishop or agent
Both were nearly useless... I wish agent was more awesome, but its utility is so limited :/
Not to mention you cant change out of agent either

Skyblade
01-25-2013, 07:57 PM
If you think Agent is bad, you haven't played FFTA and seen its secret characters.

Runeseeker and Hermetic both suck. Agent at least can be quite good in an all female team.

TrollHunter
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
If you think Agent is bad, you haven't played FFTA and seen its secret characters.

Runeseeker and Hermetic both suck. Agent at least can be quite good in an all female team.

That is a good point, I haven't played FFTA yet, and that sad fact about its secret characters seriously bums me out D:

Skyblade
01-28-2013, 04:41 AM

That is a good point, I haven't played FFTA yet, and that sad fact about its secret characters seriously bums me out D:

Don't worry so much. That's not all of its secret characters. There's a third unique class special character who is actually really powerful even though he can't jobchange, and the rest of the secret characters can jobchange freely.

Greatermaximus
02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Usually I like to think I'm impartial but the class I ended up playing the least was the Oracle.

Unbreakable Will
04-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Going with the Mime and Calculator circle jerk.

I'd say Mediator and Bard but man, I just did a playthrough this week and used them both a shitload to great effect. Useful when you pay attention and know how to exploit them.

Greatermaximus
05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Not fond of the Archer. Maybe when you charged with the Archer exclusively you'd get an effect like 'don't move' and 'stop' with their arrows.

Or -1 Move or -1 attack for a couple rounds.

Roogle
05-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Not fond of the Archer. Maybe when you charged with the Archer exclusively you'd get an effect like 'don't move' and 'stop' with their arrows.

That is a really good idea. I wish they would have taken that approach with the job class rather than the generic Charge abilities.

My least favorite job class was probably Ninja, as it felt like it was poorly balanced against the rest of the classes. My least favorite special job class was the Holy Swordsman class as it makes Meliadoul, who joins after Orlandu, underwhelming at best.

Del Murder
05-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Ninja is the best class in any of these games in terms of usefulness.

In terms of originality, I liked the Blue Mage in the TA series. And even though they were slow as hell and broke the game, Calculator was one of the more interesting classes in any RPG.

Skyblade
05-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Ninja is the best class in any of these games in terms of usefulness.

In terms of originality, I liked the Blue Mage in the TA series. And even though they were slow as hell and broke the game, Calculator was one of the more interesting classes in any RPG.

Blue Mages were awesome, but they also broke the game.

Mahad
05-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I've played FFTA but never found the secret jobs.
Bishops are terrible for their task, which is magic support of both the offensive and defensive type. Really just no point, specially given that the red mage is pretty good job (double/twin cast simply amazing). The orator probably the one job I remember trying out that I just didn't like. I'm also not big on paladins.

seifer_slayer
06-27-2013, 03:33 AM
I didn't have the patience to play FFTA... too childish for my taste.

In FFT, I used only the mage classes to add some challenges. I used monk the least for being too broken.

Foo
12-22-2014, 07:08 PM

That is a really good idea. I wish they would have taken that approach with the job class rather than the generic Charge abilities.

This is actually the approach i'm taking on my current playthrough. Early on, one of my Knights learned weapon, armor, power, speed and mind break. I then changed her job over to an archer around the time you run into Dorter trade city ( when you can actually start getting Bows! ).

The result is pretty awesome. I can use knight break abilities at long range. Power break is great to effectively take a monster out of battle. He'll still be there, but he'll be swinging at you for less than half the damage. The rate of success in hitting one of these breaks seems to be 42% - 55%, depending on you and the enemy's position. Sadly, concentrate doesn't improve the success, but i'll take ~50%.

VeloZer0
12-23-2014, 02:10 AM
The problem with power break is that it gets considerably weaker as the game progresses. In the beginning it represents a far larger fraction of a monsters damage than later in the game.