PDA

View Full Version : Non-FF/DQ/KH game you would like to see a remake for?

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2013, 09:18 PM
If SE decided to remake an old title from their backlog that isn't from one of their three flag ship series which would you like to see and why?

NeoCracker
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Give me Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen.

That game was very well made, and could use some streamlined mechanics involving Ali, Cha, and Reputaion. There were ways of altering those numbers that are virtually impossible to realize without a guide, and end up requiring such ludicrous Micromanagement to control.

But yeah, expand on the Dialogue, fix up those numbers, and give you actual description of what an item/weapon actually does, and you would have a thing of true beauty.

Del Murder
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3. And not even remade, just translate the original and port it to PSN and I'll be happy.

Yar
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
No more remakes. :mad2:

Focus the time on an new game that is actually good.

Jowy
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Somethin' unexpected. Illusion of Gaia with a fresh coat of paint and a jazzed up battle system could have potential for greatness.

VeloZer0
01-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Does naming Chrono Trigger go against the original intention of the thread? Because I think that it would look amazing in full cell-shaded glory.

NinjaCoachZ
01-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Seiken Densetsu 3. And not even remade, just translate the original and port it to PSN and I'll be happy.

This.

Bolivar
01-21-2013, 03:06 AM
My first impulse was Parasite Eve. It and FFVII pioneered the real-time set piece which has become the apex of modern game design in the last few years. I think it's time for the return of The Cinematic RPG.

But then I realized:

Give me Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen.

That game was very well made, and could use some streamlined mechanics involving Ali, Cha, and Reputaion. There were ways of altering those numbers that are virtually impossible to realize without a guide, and end up requiring such ludicrous Micromanagement to control.

But yeah, expand on the Dialogue, fix up those numbers, and give you actual description of what an item/weapon actually does, and you would have a thing of true beauty.

More than any other title, Ogre Battle has the greatest potential to become something incredibly special through polish, tweaking, retranslation and rebalancing. There was no game like it at the time... The Grand Strategy RPG is a fleeting dream which would be such a joy to fully realize, especially since so many great Grand Strategy games have come out over the many years since Ogre Battle. Give us greater customization, control over parties, make Alignment and the other karma systems more tangible, and add in those epic Ogre Battle/Ivalice dialogue cutscenes we love so much and you'd inevitably have one of the most special games of all time.

NeoCracker
01-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Somethin' unexpected. Illusion of Gaia with a fresh coat of paint and a jazzed up battle system could have potential for greatness.

Yes. The biggest issue I had with that game was rather bare bones dialogue. There was just enough there to let you know what was going on, and be relatively interesting. I better script could be like what I felt Lion Wars did for Final Fantasy Tactics.

And Bolivar, I still don't think there's anything really like Ogre Battle even after all these years. (Well Ogre Battle 64, but I'm not really in a position to comment on it. :p)

Pike
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I really just want SMRPG ported to Nintendo DS.

Aulayna
01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Vagrant Story.

Because; it's Vagrant Story.

Bolivar
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
And Bolivar, I still don't think there's anything really like Ogre Battle even after all these years. (Well Ogre Battle 64, but I'm not really in a position to comment on it. :p)

I agree, it's best we not go there :erm:

Forsaken Lover
01-22-2013, 01:10 AM
As long as they hired the creators back, Xenogears.

qwertysaur
01-22-2013, 01:50 AM
This.

black orb
01-23-2013, 07:21 AM
>>> Xenogears? is the only thing worth for a remake if you ask me.:luca:

Chrono and Threads of Fate need sequels not remakes..

Mercen-X
01-27-2013, 05:59 PM

They'll just remake an old game using new paint on old environments and new characters and slap a strange title on it. :p

Pete for President
01-28-2013, 07:54 AM

Agreed!

SuperSoma
02-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Vagrant Story and CT (I remember seeing a 3D fan remake being made a while back but SE put a stop to it)