PDA

View Full Version : The Pool/Snooker Shark Cometh

Formalhaut
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Well, it's the last day of the Snooker Masters, and I thought it'd be great to ask if any of my EoFF extended family also enjoy shooting some balls into holes. ;)

There's two pool tables in my Sixth form common room, and while I'd hardly say I'm even close to becoming adept at it, I do enjoy it from time to time. So the question is: do you guys like playing pool/snooker, and how good are you?

I'm also aware it's also called Billards as well. Damn name differences.

http://www.strabanegolfclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Snooker-Pic.jpg

Futan
01-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Is that table huge or is that guy small? The proportions seem wrong... lol. But yeah. I enjoy pool. Fun stuff. Et cetera.

Formalhaut
01-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Well a Snooker table is pretty massive, and Stephen Henry, I guess, is slightly on the short side so... yeah.

Faris
01-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Love it and play it every chance I get (which is not often at all :()! No, I'm not very good, but my opponents say otherwise. One day I'd like to own a billiard table.

rubah
01-20-2013, 11:44 PM
The first time my father introduced me to a snooker table, I immediately sank my first shot. I have never attempted again, as I am reasonably convinced I could never replicate the occurance.

My dad was a bit of a pool shark in the 80s. His most hard-earned trophy was one featuring the nether half of a donkey, titled the "Hard Luck Award". He says it took quite a bit of effort to throw his game that thoroughly.

fire_of_avalon
01-21-2013, 12:03 AM
I love to play pool but I am terrible at it. I'm so bad that my several of my friends help me line up shots because they get frustrated for me.

Parker
01-21-2013, 12:36 AM
I enjoy playing but I am awful at it. It doesn't help that the person I play with most of the time is very good.

Agent Proto
01-21-2013, 01:07 AM
There's a pool table at my house, but it's too big for the room it's in, so it's not exactly possible to play any serious games. :(

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I love pool, its the one sport I am any good at.

Raistlin
01-21-2013, 01:41 AM
I enjoy pool, though I don't get to play often and so I'm not particularly skilled. The best that can be said is that I'm decently competent, and so at least don't make a fool out of myself (usually).

Shorty
01-21-2013, 01:43 AM
I am terrible at pool, like I am at all other things in life. I enjoy playing, though.

Formalhaut
01-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I am terrible at pool, like I am at all other things in life.

:( Don't say that Shorty! Your wonderful! :)

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 02:08 AM
I enjoy playing pool every now and then. I'm okay, but not that good.

Yar
01-21-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm getting better! My friends and I go about once a week. I'm not awesome or anything but I'm starting to win games. :D

DK
01-21-2013, 04:02 AM
I suck balls at pool, gradually getting better the more I drink until I'm just about at the stage of not being able to stand up properly half the time unless I use the cue as a balancing tool, by which time I am usually kind of hax. My main drinking buddy is a guy who loves his pool and has played for a bunch of local teams in the pub leagues down here and he always gets annoyed at how much better I get when I'm drunk. I don't think i've ever beaten him once when I was sober (that wasn't him potting a black on accident or something) but I've had him a few times when tanked. It's always pretty fun, though.

Araciel
01-21-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm pretty good for a guy with super long arms.