PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Season

Aulayna
01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn (fall)

Which do you prefer?

For me, it's Autumn all over - especially that early autumn part where it's not summer but the weather is still nice but not uncomfortably hot. Then the leaves start turning amber and brown and everything looks so pretty and autumn/winter season clothes are just so much better too!

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer. I get hot really easily, which is uncomfortable, but I rarely get cold.

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Summer.

After standing in the sleet for 30 minutes today and getting blasted with a blizzard, I now completely and utterly smurfing hate winter.

GIVE ME SUNSHINE.

Aulayna
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
GIVE ME SUNSHINE.

For some reason that reminded me of this

cOjor7yOeAo

Also we got Snow in Cork today, for about the whole of 20 minutes. It's all melted now xD

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Oh god. Johnny and June break my heart. I love them

Pheesh
01-21-2013, 11:54 AM
In Perth, where I live, Spring is the greatest season by far, over literally every other season that I have been in. It's usually 25C every day, cloudless skies and the water is a little warmer. Summer is nice as well but sometimes the heat is just death.

Chris
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I love Spring. It's so beautiful, and I feel so warm and hot. I feel like I could hug everybody, and.. erm, I'm afraid, since the other thread, I must censor my dirty mind. :D

Cuchulainn
01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
there's something to love about every season really. Favorite is still winter.

There's nothing quite like a frsh irish winter with the sun up and the frost sparkling on the ground.

The mere smell is an anti-depressant

Shauna
01-21-2013, 02:29 PM
I am not 100% sure that I experience anything other than Winter and a less-snowy-Winter. ._. Well, there's that week of sunshine and warmth which is nice, I guess.

Faris
01-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Spring. Just the scent in the air is relaxing and calming. It's not too hot, not too cold and the trees are sprouting their leaves again.

Night Fury
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
I also love Spring because all the flowers :heart:

Laddy
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
I live in Memphis, so it kinda doesn't matter.

Jowy
01-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Winter! Seeing the landscape with a new snowy coat of paint always brings a smile to my face. Plus, nothing makes you feel more alive than having a nice hot beverage after coming in from the cold.

Raistlin
01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Fall. Tolerable temperatures (generally not too hot or cold) as well as limited allergy problems.

Spring and summer can suck a dick.

Shorty
01-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Autumn/Fall, definitely. The best things come with autumn - Halloween, Thanksgiving, peppermint mochas, fires in fireplaces, pumpkin cheesecake, comfort fooooood, boots, scarves and sweaters. There are few things I love more than seeing piles of leaves all over on the ground of all different colors. There's a feeling of the year winding down before the stress of Christmas and the new year where you just get to stuff your face, relax and enjoy yourself.

Fall is best because you get all of the good stuff about winter without freezing your smurfing ass off.

Denmark
01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
winter by far you plebs

fall is ok but contains november

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 08:17 PM
San Diego winter is the best.

Denmark
01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
San Diego winter is the best.

this thread is about seasons not just summer

Pike
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Autumn is my favorite for sure because it's gorgeous and the temperature is actually tolerable.

Summer is too hot and winter is, if not too cold, too covered in snow.

Spring tries to be autumn but just ends up failing and getting all wet and cold.

Mirage
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
I absolutely loathe winter, and I get annoyed at autumn because I know it'll be winter soon.

I enjoy summer the most, and spring because I know it'll be summer soon.

Pumpkin
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Autumn. I prefer cool weather to warm weather, I like the wind and there's still a decent amount of rain and the leaves are pretty.

Slothy
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanksgiving

Fun fact about fall: while your Thanksgiving may technically fall within it, most of us around here don't really consider November a fall month. Other places maybe, but snow and temperatures falling to -10-15 degrees Celsius are common enough that November can suck a dick. September and October are my favourites though. Aside from having comfortable temperatures and generally dry weather, you've also got my Birthday, Thanksgiving, and Halloween all within those two months.

Spring is balls because it's too damn wet, Summer is too damn hot and muggy, and Winter can get too fucking cold, I hate shoveling snow, and I can be shoveling that snow for as long as six months. I really wish I was joking about that last one. Well, that and the temperature extremes. I don't mind the cold too much, but I've had plenty of days where it was below -40 with the wind chill, and more than my fair share of days that cold without wind chill. Hell, the difference between the coldest days I've experienced here in winter and the hottest in summer, factoring in wind chill, humidity, etc. is about 90-95 degrees Celsius at least. I would kill a surprising number of people to simply settle for the average all year instead.

Shorty
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
In the places I've lived, snow doesn't usually fall until December so I still consider November an autumn month :love:

Formalhaut
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
In England, or as far as I see it, it's always been:

Winter: December, January, February
Spring: March, April, May
Summer: June, July, August
Autumn: September, October, November

In order of preference, Winter - Autumn - Spring - Summer

I love the cold, and the rain, and the hail, and the snow, etc etc. Great. Autumn is also nice, and even Spring is decent if it rains alot. Summer is just hot.

Mirage
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't get you people at all. Autumns are wet and cold and no fun. Winters are slippery and even colder.

I love being able to just slip on some shoes and go out to do whatever i want to do in whatever i'm already wearing. Staying outdoors for more than 5 minutes in winter requires like 10 minutes of putting on clothes, and then you'll still feel cold every time you breathe the sub-zero air into your lungs.

*Laurelindo*
01-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Summer - Swedish summers can actually be just as warm and pretty as the summers in the south, perhaps not quite as often, but it's fairly normal with temperatures above 25° C.
One of the best things about Swedish summers is the fact that they are very bright, it literally never gets truly dark and I find this really pleasant, especially since the winters are the complete opposite - cold and extremely dark.
And for that reason my least favourite season incidentally happens to be the winter. :p

I was on vacation in Greece last summer and when we got back home it was almost exactly as warm there in the morning as it had been when we left Greece - somewhere in the 25° C region.
And daylight at six o'clock, and lush greenery everywhere.
Beautiful.

Araciel
01-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Fall fo sho.

It's cool enough to wear sweaters but not cold and the leaves are dying in entertaining ways.

Nicolas
01-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Fall fo sho.

It's cool enough to wear sweaters but not cold and the leaves are dying in entertaining ways.

If you really think about it, that's kinda morbid.

I love winter. Cold weather, warm clothes, and freshly fallen snow in small towns and wooded areas is particularly stunning... you know, snow glistening on buildings, the ground, and branches of leaf-barren trees. Wonderful~

qwertysaur
01-31-2013, 05:19 AM
Spring

Wolf Kanno
02-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Autumn is my favorite, especially when it gets close to winter and the air gets crisp and the leaves start to fall, its just right for me. Winter is my second favorite season because I love snow and the cold weather. I like talking walks outside on winter evenings and actually listen to the general silence all around, I find the silence of life to be very calming and surreal.

Summer is easily my least favorite season, its hot, everyone is out and about, it never rains, it only gets cool for like two hours in the dead of morning before sunrise, and the heat makes everybody irritable...

NeoCracker
02-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Give me spring as that's the season that rains the most.

maybee
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Spring !

It's not too warm and it's not too cold either. It feels just right.

Autumn or Fall comes second place because of the same reason of Spring, but for some reason we tend to get alot of bugs during the Autumn season. Guess because of the dampness. If it wasn't for that then Autumn would be the clear winner.

Summer is my least favourite. It's too fucking warm, everybody is in a shitty mood because of it and there's flies everywhere and even more bugs than Autumn and the lack of sleep because of the weather and everything.

Summer can suck it.

Cloudane
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Black pepper.

What?

(In England we don't really have seasons, it's more a matter of whether the rain is vertical or horizontal, and during part of the year it has a chance of being snow)

TrollHunter
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Summer and fall ^^
Both are great. Fall in colorado still has tons of snow anyway, so i dont need winter anyways

Agent Proto
02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
My favorite season is Baseball season.

Edit: Oh you didn't mean that kind of season. Fall is my favorite. It's fairly cool and my birthday takes place during the fall. :D

Slothy
02-01-2013, 08:44 PM
My favorite season is Baseball season.

Given that I'm a Blue Jays fan, perhaps I should rethink fall being my favourite season. :cry:

Freya
02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Favourite season? Tax season. YAY MONEY BACK! :D

krissy
02-01-2013, 09:56 PM
rabbit season

maybee
02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
rabbit season

Duck Season !

Lol Old Loony Tunes was awesome.