PDA

View Full Version : Best Fast Food

Laddy
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Well? Subway and Quizno's are pretty damn amazing. I also like me some Wendy's and Popeye's.

KFC is massively overratted and McDonald's, while better than in recent years, is still pretty eh.

Loony BoB
01-21-2013, 02:20 PM
KFC's Zinger Burger Tower is awesome and totally not overrated. Far better than anything you'll ever get from the likes of McDonalds and Burger King. I'm indifferent to most other mainstream takeaways - most of the great takeaways we have in Edinburgh are locally owned fast food & takeaway places, such as Palmyras Pizza (their Chicken Shawarma is amazing), Angelo's (best fish, best pokora, biggest fried chicken) and of course the pricey top dog is Karen's Unicorn where you can get some amazing Chinese food. I forget the name of the sushi places, but there is one nearby that delivers which is pretty good, too. Perhaps not as fast as most fast food places, though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Best friend chicken is Dixie Lee. If you have ever been to the Maritimes or parts of the Gaspe, you know what I am talking about.

La Belle Province when drinking is always a good choice!

Shoeberto
01-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Chipotle, in terms of quality and food amount, is the best that I think you can find most anywhere.

If I want greasy burgers with more flavor, Burger King.

I eat way too much Taco Bell and it's really not even that good. It just usually hits the spot when I need to get my munch on.

Faris
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
The only fast food burger place I will eat at: Wendy's
Subway and Quiznos are great for sandwiches and the latter has amazing broccoli cheddar soup.

Jowy
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Popeye's chicken is smurfin' awesome.

I also enjoy Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

Raistlin
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
I probably stop at Subway or Quizno's the most frequently. I also like Wendy's chicken sammiches.

And obviously Five Guys is a good place to indulge.

Shorty
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Subway suuuuuuucks.

In n' Out, Arctic Circle (oh Arctic Circle how I miss you terribly), and Wendy's for burgers and fries, in the appropriate order of greatness. Quizno's for sandwiches. I love Chipotle and I don't care how much hate Taco Bell gets, I like it.

Madame Adequate
01-21-2013, 06:03 PM
McDonald's, Arby's, Burger King, Subway (Quiznos can go hang). All good. KFC is terrible. The best fast food place is called TJ's and I don't know if it even exists outside of Leicester but god damn that's some ridiculously delicious food right there.

Pumpkin
01-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Taco Bell and KFC.

Yep.

Futan
01-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Taco Bell and Wendy's. Checkers has some awesome fries but none reasonable close. :-/ Wawa for sammichs.

Chris
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
MGG I love KFC. What I haven't done with that kind of fast food. It is amazing, and very practical during all activities.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Five Guys has the best burger, but In N Out has good burgers and better fries. McDonald's is okay.

Denmark
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
MGG I love KFC. What I haven't done with that kind of fast food. It is amazing, and very practical during all activities.

thanks, this is just what i wanted to be picturing

upper-class fast food is excellent. which i guess all i've actually eaten is five guys and chipotle

i also enjoy the occasional burger king or taco bell though i won't go out of my way to get such things when there are better options available. these are more of "driving somewhere, need to stop for food" things.

i like both subway and quizno's (though i prefer the latter).

KFC is massively overratted
i thought it was chicken not rat

Shorty
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
In N Out has good burgers and better fries.

fuckin animal style fries homg <333

Pike
01-21-2013, 11:51 PM
All fast food is fantastic. Except for Hardee's, which is a terrible Arby's ripoff.

Madame Adequate
01-21-2013, 11:54 PM
I like Hardee's :( Not the best but they're okay.

Araciel
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Wow let's see

McDonalds is of course the original - usually get a large 10 piece nugget meal and a couple hamburgers
Bk is ok - usually get a large double whopper meal and a double stacker with it
Harveys has the tastiest burger but ordering it is a pain due to too many options- burger with onion rings and shake.
AnW is ok- double mozza and onion rings
Wendys is my favourite burger joint - Large spicy chicken sandwich meal and two or three junior bacon cheese burgers

Quiznos for subs- chicken carbonara- nuff sed

Taco bell isn't as good as old el paso so I skip it
Kfc is tasty as hell but I feel gross and guilty after eating it

Never tried popeyes or the like... Canada doesn't have as many chains

fire_of_avalon
01-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Five Guys. Only correct answer.

NorthernChaosGod
01-22-2013, 06:20 AM
In N Out has good burgers and better fries.

fuckin animal style fries homg <333

Exactly. *brofist*

Pike
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Man half of the places you guys are mentioning in this thread I have never heard of.

Also who in their right mind doesn't like KFC? I could eat KFC biscuits for the rest of my life.

Aulayna
01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Eddie Rocket's City Diner (http://www.eddierockets.ie/)

:love:

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Man half of the places you guys are mentioning in this thread I have never heard of.

Also who in their right mind doesn't like KFC? I could eat KFC biscuits for the rest of my life.
I'm guessing they don't like picking food off the bone and haven't tried the burgers/chicken strips. Also, it's very different in different countries/places... for example...

UK has gravy. NZ has potato & gravy.
UK has no bread rolls. NZ has bread rolls with almost every meal deal.
UK has salted chips. NZ has chicken-salted chips.

These little differences admittedly make a pretty big difference, as in NZ I enjoyed eating the chips, bread rolls and potato and gravy far more than I do here. I buy gravy here only so I have some kind of flavour to put onto my chips. Also, the KFC restaurants here are kind of trashy, although maybe it's just the ones I've been to. They need to learn how to hire a decent cleaning crew.

Also, to those who can't stand greasy KFC, put it in the fridge and eat it for breakfast the next morning. Om nom nom.

Pike
01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Also, the KFC restaurants here are kind of trashy, although maybe it's just the ones I've been to. They need to learn how to hire a decent cleaning crew.

All of the KFCs I have been to are clean and well-kept.

Ya'll need to come to BROzeman, Montana, where everything is fantastic, including the fast food.

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
To be fair, the ones here aren't terrible but going to the loos there is a mistake I'll only make once.

Cloudane
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Subway - Italian BMT is where it's at.

KFC is good though, gimme dem bonelesses

Mirage
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
A glass of chocolate milk.

It is fast, and it is food (ish).

Cloudane
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
If we're using that definition, then a nice wholesome pint of stout.

Mirage
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
I think milk has better nutritional value than a pint of stout.

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I think milk has better nutritional value than a pint of stout.
Which makes it even less like standard fast food. ;)

Pheesh
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Five Guys. Not even a close contest. You Americans have no idea how lucky you are to have it, and I would kill people to have one in my country, let alone my state.

Pike
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
I have never even heard of Five Guys.

Sephex
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Shoops. Probably more of a local thing, so I won't be surprised if anyone has not heard of it. I don't go there too often because it is pricy, however.

Night Fury
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't eat much fast food, but probably McDonalds or Subway.

Sometimes KFC but it's sooooo greasy and gives me a bellyache

Laddy
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
KFC sucks balls and you're 100% right, Locky.

TrollHunter
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
The last time i ate mcdonalds i threw up, so ill probably never have it again :p

I like subway, chipotle, five guys, and dennys

leader of mortals
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
McDonalds I like to get a McDouble and a McChicken and put the McChicken patty in the McDouble. It's delicious, and it's only like 600 calories which, for a fairly big sandwich, isn't as unhealthy as you would think. Rally's/Checkers has awesome fries, of course, and Taco Bell is Taco Bell, and it's awesome. I love the volcano burrito from Taco Bell, it's not super hot, but it's hot enough, I guess.

Ouch!
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Chipotle, Five Guys, Chik-fil-A, Wendy's. In that order.

Miriel
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
I post this every. single. time. this topic comes up, but the best fast food place is and always will be In-n-Out Burger.

http://www.foodrepublic.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/large/singlepage/innout_veggieburgers_0.jpg

Five Guys has tried to encroach on In-N-Out's dominance here on the west coast, but I don't think the two can really compare. For one thing, Five Guys is double the price of In-n-Out. For quality and price, nothing can touch In-n-Out.

The other fast food place that I love and adore is King Taco. I love them so much that I actually looked into having them cater my wedding. Even Hillary Clinton loves King Taco!

http://i14.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/7y4zui0.jpg

Pike
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM

where the heck do you guys live, Wendy's is the only one of these I've heard of

Jowy
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
It may be for the best that you never have Five Guys. See Phil's post above; murderously delicious. You'll never want a burger from anywhere else after that.

NorthernChaosGod
01-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Also, the KFC restaurants here are kind of trashy, although maybe it's just the ones I've been to. They need to learn how to hire a decent cleaning crew.

Ya'll need to come to BROzeman, Montana, where everything is fantastic, including the fast food.

You don't have In N Out or Five guys though.

Miriel
01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
JOWY I AM CALLING YOU OUT.

terrible fries, great burger

The fries are amazing! Maybe you're confused because the fries actually taste like real potatoes. You know, hand cut right in front of you! Also, you can order the fries however you want. Well done if you like them extra crispy, or light if you don't. I personally think the regular fries are freakin' addicting. And protip: If you ask for the fries without salt, you'll get a fresh batch made just for you. Then you can add on salt after the fact.

Also, also. If they see you have a dog in the car, they'll actually sell you grilled meat patties just for your pup. :love:

Jowy
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM

The fries are amazing! Maybe you're confused because the fries actually taste like real potatoes. You know, hand cut right in front of you! Also, you can order the fries however you want. Well done if you like them extra crispy, or light if you don't. I personally think the regular fries are freakin' addicting. And protip: If you ask for the fries without salt, you'll get a fresh batch made just for you. Then you can add on salt after the fact.

they were dry and bland, i couldn't bring myself to finish them. my five guys fries are also made from real potatoes and they are delicious. i'm biased moreso towards thicker cut fries overall though. i'll keep the salt thing in mind during possible future trips to in-n-out!

Pike
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM

We don't need that when we have the best breakfast place in the world, as well as the best soda shop.

Shorty
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Also, also. If they see you have a dog in the car, they'll actually sell you grilled meat patties just for your pup. :love:

I didn't get grilled patties but I did get a treat for my dog once.

Cannot go wrong with In and Out. Jowy is just a hater.

Madame Adequate
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM

We don't need that when we have the best breakfast place in the world, as well as the best soda shop.

Yeah this is true, Main Street Overeasy + dat candy store = yep, best place in the world.

Pheesh
01-23-2013, 01:07 AM
In n' Out has no Cajun seasoning, therefore five guys is better; end of story, say no more on the matter. Also I can't get mushrooms or hot sauce on an In n' Out burger, so it should really just give up. And to add insult to injury, there were plenty of Five Guys on the west coast, I didn't see any In n' Outs on the east.

Shorty
01-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Your cajun seasoning is flanked, flayed and rendered useless by animal style.

In n Outs are a special west thing because the east sucks.

Pheesh
01-23-2013, 01:11 AM
You've never even been to the east! Also, even you said that Five Guys was amazing, Cobb, so just go away!

Jowy
01-23-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm sure if I consumed condiments, I'd have a different opinion on the matter. But that sauce is vile looking.

Also, agreeing with Phil here. Five Guys is straight amazing, the north-eastern US is pretty awesome, and most importantly, Sarah is wrong. :aimwink:

Shorty
01-23-2013, 01:21 AM
I said it was good. Doesn't mean it's better than In n Out.

Pheesh
01-23-2013, 01:25 AM
You said it was amazing with your eyes, I saw the pure joy that flooded through you when you first tried the burger. You probably go back all the damn time.

And if not that's okay because you like Quiznos and Five Guys doesn't need those types anyway.

Raistlin
01-23-2013, 01:48 AM

where the heck do you guys live, Wendy's is the only one of these I've heard of

How have you not even heard of those places? xD There was a ton of controversy about Chik-fil-A last year because the corporation gives money to anti-gay rights causes.

Also Chipotle is ok, but overrated.

Pheesh
01-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Also Chipotle is ok, but overrated.

Yep, definitely this. I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Bunny
01-23-2013, 02:24 AM
For those who do not understand why some people dislike or avoid going to KFC, I present the following picture, as well as a personal anecdote:

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/6CmGXTK.jpg
Anecdote: When I was in 9th grade, my family and some family friends stopped at a KFC during a short road trip. We ordered our food and, upon biting into it, were met with completely raw chicken. I'm not entirely too sure how this happened since it was fairly crispy on the outside, but the entire inside was completely and utterly raw. This is one of the reasons I do not go to KFC, as well as my dislike of fried chicken in general (partially stemming from this experience).

There is a place in my city called Matador. I have explained this in a previous thread, but it is essentially Chipotle on steroids. The food is delicious, as well as completely local, and the prices are on par with Chipotle and Qdoba, despite the portions being much larger. They have a wider selection and they serve beer, which is a selling point even if I don't drink beer. It's perhaps the greatest fast food place I have ever been to for burritos, tacos, or quesadillas.

For burgers, In-n-Out is the king, with Five Guys serving as the prince. The rest of them are court jesters, with McDonald's and Burger King being that dude who cleaned out the troutter.

Miriel
01-23-2013, 03:09 AM
In n' Out has no Cajun seasoning, therefore five guys is better; end of story, say no more on the matter. Also I can't get mushrooms or hot sauce on an In n' Out burger, so it should really just give up. And to add insult to injury, there were plenty of Five Guys on the west coast, I didn't see any In n' Outs on the east.

In-n-out doesn't freeze any of their products, and their beef is ground freshly and delivered everyday. Which means that any location has to be within driving distance from their food centers which are mostly in CA.

In-n-out might not have a ton of topping options but it costs only $2 for a cheeseburger with quality ingredients and that's delicious. Cannot be beat!!

Madame Adequate
01-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Surely the absence of cajun seasoning would mean that In n' Out is better? Because, you know, they're not wasting anyone's time or their store space or money with seasoning that doesn't belong on their food?

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2013, 07:19 AM
In N Out beats out Five Guys for the meal; only burger to burger will I give it to Five Guys. In N Out is cheaper though. :P

blackmage_nuke
01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Hungry Jacks is the only large franchise where a burger was actually larger than I expected. They also taste better and has free refills.

Loony BoB
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Are these places - Five Guys / In N Out or whatever - the same kind of fast food as McDonalds etc? What I mean is, you guys are talking about preparing the food the way you want, and it almost sounds like they are proper restaurants, or at least something that shouldn't be considered on the same level as most fast food places I know. Maybe the food is still fast, but it sounds like it's a different kind of food store, if that makes sense...

I want to try these places someday, though, as that burger+fries looked pretty awesome.

It also reminded me that I lovelovelove the German Markets when they turn up in Edinburgh every December. They have some amazing food there, and the local markets every Thursday are pretty good too. They have hot plates about 1.5m in diameter and just load all kinds of varieties of food onto them and you just buy it in portions. My favourite is the herb sauce on the fried potato+bacon stuff. Mmmmmm.

Shauna
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
It also reminded me that I lovelovelove the German Markets when they turn up in Edinburgh every December. They have some amazing food there, and the local markets every Thursday are pretty good too. They have hot plates about 1.5m in diameter and just load all kinds of varieties of food onto them and you just buy it in portions. My favourite is the herb sauce on the fried potato+bacon stuff. Mmmmmm.

Oh man the German markets. Definitely my favourite part of Christmas - not that I buy anything, I just love going round it. xD

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Five Guys. Not even a close contest. You Americans have no idea how lucky you are to have it, and I would kill people to have one in my country, let alone my state.

I'm actually concerned about your obsession with this place.

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Are these places - Five Guys / In N Out or whatever - the same kind of fast food as McDonalds etc? What I mean is, you guys are talking about preparing the food the way you want, and it almost sounds like they are proper restaurants, or at least something that shouldn't be considered on the same level as most fast food places I know. Maybe the food is still fast, but it sounds like it's a different kind of food store, if that makes sense...

They're totally still fast food restaurants, but a level of customization is more expected at these places than typical places. In N Out has a secret menu of more food items, while Five Guys just has you choose your own toppings.

Shorty
01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
The quality is just better. McDonald's is like, bottom tier crap compared to these restaurants.

Miriel
01-24-2013, 12:55 AM

Same kind of fast food as McDonalds in the sense that it's very casual (ie: it's not a proper restaurant), they have drive throughs, no waiters or anything, and it's fast and cheap. But In-n-out uses all fresh ingredients, cooked to order. So if you order fries, you can literally watch them slice the potatoes in front of you before deep frying. They also treat their employees really well and the prices are cheap cheap cheap. In-n-out has a cult following in California and is generally regarded as one of the best fast food places in America:

Top Fast Food Restaurants - Chef Reviews of Best Fast Food Restaurants - Esquire (http://www.esquire.com/the-side/feature/top-fast-food-restaurants-0909#slide-1)
Science Confirms In-N-Out Burger Is The Best And McDonald's The Worst (http://consumerist.com/2011/06/30/science-confirms-in-n-out-burger-is-the-best-and-mcdonalds-the-worst/)
Subway, In-N-Out, Chick-fil-A top Zagat fast-food survey - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-zagat-fast-food-survey-20120928,0,5890306.photogallery)

So basically, it's fast food done right.

Flaming Ice
01-24-2013, 05:13 AM

Yum deep fried pie for dessert.

I don't really eat fast food anymore...so much garbage but I don't mind subs too much.

Pike
01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
There was a ton of controversy about Chik-fil-A last year because the corporation gives money to anti-gay rights causes.

oh right, I remember that now.

Never seen or been to one, though.