PDA

View Full Version : A New Approach

DarkBahamut
01-22-2013, 04:26 AM
I started a new game in which I can only use 3 people maximum and they have to be story characters. But, I try to avoid using TG-Cid. Believe or not, the hardest battle is the first battle. (The first battle where you actually earn JP. Not the one with Agrias, Gafgarion, etc.)

qwertysaur
01-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Do you consider Rad, Lavian, Alicia and Boko to be story characters?

DarkBahamut
01-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Do you consider Rad, Lavian, Alicia and Boko to be story characters?

I personally did not use them. I want the challenge to be challenging from the start.

SteahMeLee
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I also use story characters but all of them because I need more Job Class variety! I consider Rad and the others to be story characters and Rad is Thief/Ninja, Lavian is Black Mage/Time Mage and Alica is White Mage/Summoner... Pretty classic...

I also use TG-Cid but with a Samurai setup, keeping him more balanced (he can equip Katana on his own and have Draw Out as second command but Katanas prevents him to use his too overpowered abilities XD )...

Donatello
09-27-2013, 08:05 AM
I would say that when you've mastered the game, it no longer becomes necessary to use TGCid. He is meant to shepherd the player through the difficult stages of that point in the story, where you're being given some sticky situations to deal with.

But using him all the time is just admitting that you don't actually know what you're doing.

Still, if you're just having a good time, it's a lot of fun to mow down Treants in the Siedge Weald. :)

Greatermaximus
12-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Loved to hear where and how you get the Holy Sword, Mighty Sword, All Swordskill, ect.,. in the game? I think you need to be baptised for Holy Sword. I suppose the Military can Knight you. Then a legit king/queen gives you All Swordskill when you have both of those ablities. NightSword/Dark Sword as a bonus.

Draw Out is powerful because it's immediate. It's no Math Skill obviously.