PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Moments

Aulayna
01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
What were your favourite and most memorable story moments from both of these games? Which scenes hit you the hardest emotionally?

For me the scene in the Al Bhed home where Tidus finds out what will happen to Yuna should she defeat Sin still hits me and brings tears to my eyes despite even knowing how things ultimately turn out. I thought that was really well voice acted and the musical backing to it just complimented it so well.

Forsaken Lover
01-22-2013, 09:38 AM
The song you're referring to is known as The Truth Revealed/Revealed Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5F8MxjByU) and yes, it is heartbreaking.

Bot for me, I'm going with Yuna rejecting Yunalesca. Hearing Lulu, the detached ice queen, break down and start yelling frantically at Yunalesca, hearing young Auron's cry of supreme anguish as he makes his doomed charge at Yunalesca, having Yuna finally tell Yunalesca that she will stand her ground and be strong and conquer her despair - it was all absolutely perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAXzNf5OHo

FFX has bad voice-acting my ass.

Nebulance
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
The scene in Lake Macalania when Tidus and Yuna are in the water and they kiss. The conversation they have and the way its presented really hits home, especially Tidus' description of Zanarkand to Yuna:

FFX -Tidus & Yuna at Macalania Spring [Emotional scene] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH5wIHWLtwE)

Futan
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
-5FTJxfV3pc

Night Fury
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
The Auron reveal.

Cloudane
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Oh yeah, that moment in Home is heartbreaking. When the music is playing and it goes all slow-mo. Gets me every time..

The other big one I think is the ending to X.
Watching Yuna run up to Tidus and pass through him (wahhhhh! :cry::cry::cry:)
And the proud moment of watching Sin fall, disintegrate and kind of explode. YES. At that one moment the immersion is at its peak and I always actually feel like I'm there with the people of Spira, watching 1000 years of torment and hardship blown away, almost unable to believe what I'm seeing. Love it.

Nothing much in X-2 stands out quite so much as X, but the song in the Thunder Plains comes to mind.

Shauna
01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
The end of FFX is amazing.

Forsaken Lover
01-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Nothing much in X-2 stands out quite so much as X, but the song in the Thunder Plains comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4poJJu-ZH-0

The song is lovely and the whole thing is done quite well. I felt quite sad for Shuyin and Lenne.

There's also "I don't like your plan. It sucks."

Cloudane
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Ahaha, classic quote.

That song came up on my playlist while on the journey to my grandfather's funeral, so it kind of became "his song" as well.

CimminyCricket
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
The Auron reveal.

Once I saw this I started wearing all my coats like that for a week.

Night Fury
01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
The end of FFX is amazing.

Yesssss!

That bit where Yuna just runs right through him and falls :(

NinjaCoachZ
01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Everything in Home and Bevelle. They were such intense, plot-critical moments that I got heavily emotionally-invested in.

Also, the buildup to the Yunalesca fight. Auron's big motivational speech, all the plot gears clicking together, and the awesome "Challenge" music kicking in with its blaring guitars... so cool.

Also, I (unlike many others, probably) beat Yunalesca on my first try so I only had to see it once. :D

Forsaken Lover
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I think Operation Total Failure deserves an honorable mention. It really impresses upon you the overwhelming power of Sin as we see it casually disintegrating waves of crusaders before defeating the prized machina weapon they had. Everyone's anguished reactions afterward, and possibly finding Gatta dead, also adds a really painful touch to the display of power.

Karifean
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
The Ending is by far the most memorable moment, but scenes like the Macalania Spring, Operation Mi'ihen and the Yunalesca Buildup are naturally very memorable as well. But if you're going for the most memorable, the ending definitely wins. It even has the best track in the entire series (Ending Theme) as far as I'm concerned.

NeoCracker
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Let it never be said I give this game no credit. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvohKtQBDo)

Formalhaut
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Most memorable moment? Probably FINALLY winning against the Luca Goers in the storyline. I had to keep watching the same pre-match cutscenes, on and on and on.

Nebulance
01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Most memorable moment? Probably FINALLY winning against the Luca Goers in the storyline. I had to keep watching the same pre-match cutscenes, on and on and on.

oh my God, yes! I have gone though that hardship in the same fashion as well!

Pete for President
01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Ah, where do I start. Like many have said, the events in Home and Bevelle are real heavy and memorable. The path from the bonfire to Zanarkand always comes to mind; the assumed final bit of their journey, unaware of Yunalesca's plan. The music adds so much to those battles. Then there's Yunalesca's bit and Auron's incredible speech and flashbacks, finally revealing he's pretty broken on the inside.

Others: Wakka's frustration when you fight Seymour at Macalania Temple. The reveal of Yevon's true meaning at the Bevelle trial and the prosecution of the party. And of course first arriving in Besaid is always a memorable part, at least to me.

And of course breaking open the chamber of the fayth at Bevelle.

And when Kimahri first starts talking.