PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time

Shlup
01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Does anyone else watch this show regularly? This week was what the kids call "baller." I especially liked the Mister Rogers reference ("the garden of your mind").

NeoCracker
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
No, and I hope this show dies.

Cloudane
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Nope, although it seems like half my fellow bro-knees are into it (along with Teen Titans, Avatar and Homestuck) with as much obsession as MLP :P

TBH there aren't too many cartoons that appeal to me, I think I mostly grew out of them - MLP being unusual enough to interest me I guess. Might check it out when I'm bored sometime though.

Shauna
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Adventure Time is glorious. I have yet to watch the most recent episodes, but I will get round to it.

LSP is the best character, followed closely by Tree Trunks.

krissy
01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
yeah i like it

CimminyCricket
01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I've seen the episode where the kid with the hat has to get princess hair to keep his dog friend from being absorbed into a tree witch's butt.

Pretty rad.

Mirage
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
This is a show I really want to watch but haven't gotten around to doing.

Nicolas
01-23-2013, 01:19 AM
I watch it almost religiously. One of the few shows I enjoy on TV immensely. And yes, this last episode was amazing. All to make live Fionna and Cake, because who in the world is sadder than the Ice King.

... Shelby the worm, watching that.

Bunny
01-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Someone explain to me why this show is so popular. An actual explanation, not a stupid one.

I don't understand the devotion to this or MLP.

Araciel
01-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Haven't quite gotten around to it yet.

Shlup
01-23-2013, 04:31 AM
Someone explain to me why this show is so popular. An actual explanation, not a stupid one.

I don't understand the devotion to this or MLP.

It's a post-apocalyptic series with a progressive storyline and dimensional characters with a mish-mash of subtle and blatant humor, offering deep messages and providing many hidden clues and references, which show the depth of thought and care that go into production. It's constantly defying social norms, especially gender roles, and manages to provide fart jokes while still being surprisingly smart. It's also really smurfing weird.

I watch it almost religiously. One of the few shows I enjoy on TV immensely. And yes, this last episode was amazing. All to make live Fionna and Cake, because who in the world is sadder than the Ice King.

... Shelby the worm, watching that.

Ahaha, I love Shelby. I want to say that episode featured all my favorite characters, but I have at least six other favorite characters.

maybee
01-23-2013, 05:53 AM
Tried watching it several times and just can't get into it. The Vampire Queen teen chick is cool though.

But yeah, don't understand all it's hype. Maybe it's like the Emperor's clothes. Only special people can see it. =(

black orb
01-23-2013, 06:24 AM
>>> Its ok, it has some good episodes (but just a few)..

Regular Show is way more funnier..:luca:

Nicolas
01-23-2013, 07:04 AM
It's a post-apocalyptic series with a progressive storyline and dimensional characters with a mish-mash of subtle and blatant humor, offering deep messages and providing many hidden clues and references, which show the depth of thought and care that go into production. It's constantly defying social norms, especially gender roles, and manages to provide fart jokes while still being surprisingly smart. It's also really smurfing weird.

This is probably the best explanation for why I love the series. It does a great job of putting brevity in everything the wonderful dynamic cast of characters do while having this great apocalyptic feel and backstory that mostly pops out at you at random intervals. It does take a little attention but ends up being one of the great experiences if you truly take it all in.

PBS's Idea Channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MVvkqbXiws) does a great job of summing up why I personally enjoy this series.

Ahaha, I love Shelby. I want to say that episode featured all my favorite characters, but I have at least six other favorite characters.

I can't say I don't love most of the characters. All of them are definitely up there as my favorites especially Mr. UNACCEPTABLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMIneGqmCY).

Also, Regular is only funny because of the blatant drug humor and 80's reference, which makes it entertaining, but nothing close to the overall joy I find with Adventure Time.

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Adventure Time is algebraic.

Cloudane
01-23-2013, 11:02 AM
It's a post-apocalyptic series with a progressive storyline and dimensional characters with a mish-mash of subtle and blatant humor, offering deep messages and providing many hidden clues and references, which show the depth of thought and care that go into production.

Interesting, thanks for the description. This part in particular sounds similar to how I'd describe FiM, minus the post-apocalypse thing (though that's a fan theory of course, haha)

Sounds worth a shot.

Tigmafuzz
01-23-2013, 11:41 AM
No, and I hope this show dies.

I hope you die :colbert: AT is the best show ever. Those dementia feels.

You should watch it. (http://www.mediafire.com/potepotables)

Shauna
01-23-2013, 12:14 PM
I can't say I don't love most of the characters. All of them are definitely up there as my favorites especially Mr. UNACCEPTABLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMIneGqmCY).

Yo Earl! (http://youtu.be/LV3YkxmLXMY)

Watching your clip has reminded me of how terrified I am of CinnaBun. ._.

theundeadhero
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Maybe I missed it but I've never seen a fart joke in FiM.

Tigmafuzz
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
The latest episode was a nice DnD thing. Tree Trunks the Warrior/Barbarian, Ice King the Wizard, Shelby the Rogue, NEPTR the... Warforged Artificer(?), and Lemongrab, Paladin of Lemongrab. And it was ridiculous.

-ly awesome.

Cloudane
01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Maybe I missed it but I've never seen a fart joke in FiM.

Haha, nor me. Hence I edited out that whole sentence when comparing, as it was more the first part that I figured matched FiM. Not too sure about breaking social norms and gender roles in FiM either - for the fans definitely, for the show itself.... debatable.
(And probably not the place to debate it, or we'll end up doing that thing that really annoys people about FiM-fans and derailing an unrelated thread :p)

Breine
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Adventure Time is awesome. There's no way around it. One of the best things on TV at the moment. Fo sho.

CimminyCricket
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
That episode sounds awesome. Warforged makes me think of Eberron which I think is part of the same multiverse that makes up DnD.

Renmiri
02-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Nope, although it seems like half my fellow bro-knees are into it (along with Teen Titans, Avatar and Homestuck) with as much obsession as MLP :P.

lol you must know my kids! They adore Adventure time and Homestuck. They are past their Avatar annd Teen Titan phase though

Here is my son as John

Cloudane
02-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Aw, bless :)

I haven't read HS for a while - I kind of ran out of energy during the whole troll introduction saga, especially since there are so many IM logs involved which are kind of hard work trying to read the tr0llt3xt and figuring out who's who etc.

Actually to correct myself the big show everyone in ponydom is talking about at the moment is Gravity Falls.

I think MLP is kind of the exception with me, with the whole "grown man watching toons" thing, but they're both being shouted about enough to make watching a couple of each seem worth a go. Can't go being open minded enough to watch a little girls show then be too closed minded to try anything else :p